Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,044 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1080) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029481 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:13am On Apr 08, 2017
TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION EXPO 2017: NAF EMERGES BEST RESEARCH INSTITUTION
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has emerged the overall best in the Research institutions category of the National Technology and Innovation Expo 2017 which ended today in Abuja. The 5 days Technological and Innovative Expo held from 3 – 7 April 2017 was organised by the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology. The aims of the Expo were to create awareness and achievements in science and technology, encourage indigenous innovations and technology, promote Research and Development (R&grin) as well as build partnership between Research institutions and investors.
To clinch the first position, the NAF showcased some of its locally produced military hardware which included; Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) known as “Gulma”, Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV), Automated Vehicle Driving Simulator, C-130H Hydraulic Replenishing cart, Engine Compressor washing machine, tyre removal equipment and toilet serving cart. Other innovative products on display were multipurpose armament store lifting equipment, security control doors, GSM-base intruder detection and alarm system among others. The NAF R&grin Team was presented with certificate, plaque and cash prize during the closing ceremony. The event witnessed a large turnout of participants from research institutions, academic institutions, corporate entities and individual inventors. It is imperative to state that as part of efforts towards reinforcing culture of self-reliance and prudent management of resources, the NAF has recorded major feats in R&grin.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:18am On Apr 08, 2017
lionel4power:

none of the questions henry posted should be classified in a normal clime but I was assuming that the officers around might not be too friendly with sharing any info.... you know this men dont like sharing technical info on any of their systems.

There is a difrence between what it can do and how it does it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 08, 2017
Nigerian Army

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 08, 2017
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian army DMR

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 08, 2017
Nigerian Air Force Pilot

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:55am On Apr 08, 2017
I don't want to disrespect anyone. But why is a driving simulator a technical breakthrough? I mean every car gaming fanatic I know has either bought or built one. I'm lost.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 08, 2017
gendarms, algeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 08, 2017
Nigerian Army

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 08, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian Army

i m seeing again white skins in the pic cry ( do i need to return to my ophtalmo again ?? cry )

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 08, 2017
chkil0:

i m seeing again white skins in the pic cry ( do i need to return to my ophtalmo again ?? cry )

Lol, those are actually British and Nigerian soldiers. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:01am On Apr 08, 2017
On patrol, in search of space.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 9:01am On Apr 08, 2017
frumentius:
Off-topic
grin grin grin
nah that is one grippen lord of un-mercy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 08, 2017
tugboat algerian navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:05am On Apr 08, 2017
GreenandGold:
Hey man... I see space, we can fit in a missile or two here. This is a light missile boat or Mediterranean Class frigate grin

No wait! It can carry a full complement of special needs troops-oops,sorry! Special forces! Look!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5047419_5047098335628224368145b54525bjpeg8f04a3af693b1e152c33c3b19a463606_jpeg34ffdbc2ef3ce5babc173dc70566eb9d

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:06am On Apr 08, 2017
chkil0:
tugboat algerian navy
That's one big tugboat, I'm sure it has so much space grin

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 08, 2017
GreenandGold:

That's one big tugboat, I'm sure it has so much space grin

its a Rescue Tug type ut 515 cd, tonnage 3200 tons , 86 m in length , 18 m beam

a Rolls-Royce design , the UT 515 CD is a coastguard vessel with more than 200 tonnes bollard pull , capable of tasks featuring towing, salvage work, coastguard patrolling, oil recovery and emergency stand-by. It can reach speeds of 20 knots and is suited for EEZ patrol and fishery control.

3 in service in algerian navy (701, 702, 703)

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:24am On Apr 08, 2017
chkil0:

its a Rescue Tug type ut 515 cd, tonnage 3200 tons , 86 m in length , 18 m

UT 515 CD is a coastguard vessel with more than 200 tonnes bollard pull , capable of tasks featuring towing, salvage work, coastguard patrolling, oil recovery and emergency stand-by. It can reach speeds of 20 knots and is suited for EEZ patrol and fishery control.

3 in service in algerian navy (501, 502, 503)

It's very unique I gotta say. If it wasn't for those sensors I wouldn't have guessed it was security related. The front hull looks very civilian.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 9:40am On Apr 08, 2017
what's wrong with everybody today, can't hear with all this fire crackers goin off in my backyard
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:45am On Apr 08, 2017
kikuyu1:

No wait! It can carry a full complement of special needs troops-oops,sorry! Special forces! Look!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5047419_5047098335628224368145b54525bjpeg8f04a3af693b1e152c33c3b19a463606_jpeg34ffdbc2ef3ce5babc173dc70566eb9d

This Kenyan again picking on a BIR.

in Jakes voice, no unit of KDF is as effective as Cameroon BIR.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:52am On Apr 08, 2017
tdayof:

That was exactly what came to my mind when I saw the pics.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 08, 2017
tdayof:

That's a statement of fact. grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 10:09am On Apr 08, 2017
Eland-60 of the Ivory Coast gendarmerie.

You can tell it is an Eland by the Dunlop tyres, number of lug nuts on the wheels and the reel located towards the rear of the turret.

The mortar, co-axial MG, and the turret pintle mount have all been removed.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 10:10am On Apr 08, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 08, 2017
Off topic : In my attempt at making peace with the SA 22 internet brigade garisoned at all the .co.za I offer this picture of an Australian 6x6, I am aware that overland is life down south.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 08, 2017
tdayof:

He fails to realize that in an actual battle BIR will wreck havoc on all those FN Scaf wielding Maasai hunters try call special forces in Kenya.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:31am On Apr 08, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Off topic : In my attempt at making peace with the SA 22 internet brigade garisoned at all the .co.za I offer this picture of an Australian 6x6, I am aware that overland is life down south.

You know that vehicle could make a good case study of proposed elongated SF Hornet that me and Frumentius know nothing about.

As a Head of Design in Patches School of Weaponry, I should look into it. smiley

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 08, 2017
Mirage 2000 egyptian and greece air force exercise 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2017
egyptian SF with emirati SF exercise .

egyptians wear what looks like socks over their shoes to hide their footprints on the sand

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 08, 2017
chkil0:
egyptian SF with emirati SF exercise .

egyptians wear what looks like socks over their shoes to hide their footprints on the sand

There still would be a print nonetheless.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2017
kellat beni abbes LPD , algerian Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:04pm On Apr 08, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

He fails to realize that in an actual battle BIR will wreck havoc on all those FN Scaf wielding Maasai hunters try call special forces in Kenya.

Ahh yes! As always your encyclopedic knowledge of tactical matters is amazing. Truly,Naij and this thread are lucky to have you. You know more than 30 year users of the AUG.

hated by Kiwi soldiers for being under-powered and unreliable, will be sold to other militaries when phased out over the next few years.

The Austrian-made Steyr 5.56mm rifle was bought by the Defence Force in 1987.

But squaddies fighting in hot-spots like Afghanistan had complained that it was prone to stoppages and lacked an effective range.

A 2011 Ministry of Defence study found the rifles were not powerful enough to "identify accurately adversaries" and was "ineffective at ranges greater than 200m".

These aren't internet idlers,btw! Wait! There's more!

5.56MM, 30-30 and the King Himself.

"It is a highly overrated assault rifle and if given the choice, I would rather throw stones at the enemy than carry that stoppage prone piece of crap," one ex-soldier wrote on The Firearm Blog.

Another serving New Zealand Army member agreed: "The accuracy on my issued rifle was terrible ... I'd have been lucky to hit the side of a barn."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11278332

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.