Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029917 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
Odunayaw:
the otomat are poof (gone)

If the need arises and pirates upgrade above dinghies ,ASM can be added
but let's not miss the point..they r for policing..u do not want to kill what u want to prosecute right?
the discussion was about if the p18n can accommodate ASM or not... not who to attack.
but I get your point...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ivorian soldiers

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
Very Amateur phone footage.

Nigerian army version of Tank VS Terrorists

Nigerian army capability demonstration in Sambisa forest shooting range.

T-72s, Vickers, IPVs go boom!

However still an enjoyable video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te8hv1-rY38

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
Henry240:

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Frumentius heads a special detachment in that brigade. I think it's the Mzansi Special Operations Department.

Patches heads the brigade.

While Activatekruger is the homeless kid always watching the brigade March past. grin

grin

Oga Henry, starting to misbehave.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
GreenandGold:

grin

Oga Henry, starting to misbehave.

grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
tdayof:

A Chinese source says otherwise.
雷达设备方面,该舰装有一部TR47火控雷达、一部SR60对空/对海搜索雷达及导航雷达等,配备两套UHF/VHF无线电通讯设备。武器装备方面,该舰艏装有一门国产H/PJ26型76毫米舰炮,舷侧各装有一门H/PJ14型30毫米自动炮,另有多具PJ46型诱饵发射器。该舰可携带一架直-9舰载直升机,并配机库和完善的起降设备。 This says Can be modified for Nigerian use. 4 Mounted anti-ship missile.

Also Equipped with PJ46 decoy launchers

what about target detection and acquisition ? any info
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
Henry240:

grin grin grin grin
How dare you not mention the retired General MikeCZA. grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
Henry240:

You can read Chinese, Offcourse.

There's a report i shared about a year ago. It was about the Nigerian navy vessels heading to China. The report is in Chinese and Google Translate didn't help much.

I'll post it here for your perusal.

Yes I can read to a large extent. No problem I'll be expecting.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
COMBAT SPORTS COMPETITION: CAS REWARDS MEDALISTS

The Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar has awarded cash prizes to personnel and teams that won medals at the just concluded second edition of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Inter-Command Combat Sports Competition held in Jos, Plateau State. The CAS announced the various cash prizes today during a formal reception in honour of Team HQ NAF which emerged the best overall with a total of 9 gold, 4 silver and 2 bronze medals during the competition. In all, a total of 68 medals were won in 8 events consisting of 23 gold, 23 silvers and 22 bronzes. Team HQ NAF was rewarded with the sum of one million naira for clinching the first position while Team Training Command and Team Special Operations Command received the sum of seven hundred and fifty thousand naira(N750,000.00) and five hundred thousand naira (N500,00.00) for second and third positions respectively.

Air Marshal Abubakar congratulated Team HQ NAF for coming first noting that, for them to have won the competition for the second consecutive time shows that they have what it takes hence, the need to celebrate them. While thanking the Chief of Administration for organizing the event, the CAS also commended efforts of the Commander 053 NAF Camp for assembling the victorious team. Air Marshal Abubakar urged the participants not to rest on their oars but continue to work hard in preparation for future competitions.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 07, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
lionel4power:
I recall but as long as there is an above-deck you can put tube-launched missiles with minimum deck penetration. although integrating a vertical launched system is practically impossible since there isn't sufficient fore-deck space.

Nigerian navy has otomat anti ship missiles which can easily be mounted on the deck aft of the bridge (amidship). SAM system can be mounted above the hanger.

what about search and tracking radar ?

what about CMS combat management system and necessary integration with otomat anti ship missiles for launch and control ?

what about mid course guidance update ?

it would require extensive refit

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 07, 2017
GreenandGold:

How dare you not mention the retired General MikeCZA. grin

That one is a retired veteran. Between you and I, I think he's suffering from PTSD.

You notice how his comments are never more than a single sentence per post. cry cry

We are with you Mike, hang in there bro! grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
tdayof:

Yes I can read to a large extent. No problem I'll be expecting.

It would require a significant digging up, I'll be sure to find it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2017
Henry240:
COMBAT SPORTS COMPETITION: CAS REWARDS MEDALISTS

The Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar has awarded cash prizes to personnel and teams that won medals at the just concluded second edition of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Inter-Command Combat Sports Competition held in Jos, Plateau State. The CAS announced the various cash prizes today during a formal reception in honour of Team HQ NAF which emerged the best overall with a total of 9 gold, 4 silver and 2 bronze medals during the competition. In all, a total of 68 medals were won in 8 events consisting of 23 gold, 23 silvers and 22 bronzes. Team HQ NAF was rewarded with the sum of one million naira for clinching the first position while Team Training Command and Team Special Operations Command received the sum of seven hundred and fifty thousand naira(N750,000.00) and five hundred thousand naira (N500,00.00) for second and third positions respectively.

Team SOC no carry first shocked
I hereby confiscate their bushmeat and other enjoyment for this month!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2017
Henry240:

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Frumentius heads a special detachment in that brigade. I think it's the Mzansi Special Operations Department.

Patches heads the brigade.

While Activatekruger is the homeless kid always watching the brigade March past. grin

Brigade v Militia

The usual deal.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
lionel4power:
theres CLEARLY enough room amidship to mount a missile launcher also look at the hanger deck its barely used.

Personally I believed the NN didn't arm the vessel for unknown reasons but left the space available just in case
Space is not the problem.....Integration is, unless the combat management system was developed to accommodate missile systems you can forget about arming it, 70% of building cost goes to software design and integration.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
nemesis2u:

what about search and tracking radar ?

what about CMS combat management system and necessary integration with otomat anti ship missiles for launch and control ?

what about mid course guidance update ?

it would require extensive refit

But there's space bro!! grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
jln115:

But there's space bro!! grin grin grin grin grin

Space solves everything. grin

"Do you want me to buy another one? there's space just put them in" - an uncle by Trevor Noah

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hey man... I see space, we can fit in a missile or two here. This is a light missile boat or Mediterranean Class frigate grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2017
GreenandGold:
Hey man... I see space, we can fit in a missile or two here. This is a light missile boat or Mediterranean Class frigate grin

with so much SPACE.......its definitely a destroyer, to well armed to be classified as a frigate. grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:35pm On Apr 07, 2017
jln115:

with so much SPACE.......its definitely a destroyer, to well armed to be classified as a frigate. grin grin grin grin grin

OMG.. We have the extensive knowledge, we had the NNS Aradu (which we didn't build or arm).

Oh look, we built a driving simulator with a keyboard so we can reply to these crafty people from the South while we drive. It's clear that we can fit missiles on our very spacious patrol vessel. grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
who paid for the circus show now undecided

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 12:52am On Apr 08, 2017
GreenandGold:

OMG.. We have the extensive knowledge, we had the NNS Aradu (which we didn't build or arm).

Oh look, we built a driving simulator with a keyboard so we can reply to these crafty people from the South while we drive. It's clear that we can fit missiles on our very spacious patrol vessel. grin

Stop your childishness, you people are about to trash this thread again.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:32am On Apr 08, 2017
Odunayaw:
who paid for the circus show now undecided
Give the kids biscuit, they should stop crying. Few comments above reminds me of a guy in Kindergarten. Comments sounds alike and so foolish. cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 5:05am On Apr 08, 2017
Danooz87:
KDF Special Forces assist a dehydrated Buffalo

are this kenyan moronns going to keep on giving am water till the drought is over??..

you kenyans are some type of special moronns....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 5:30am On Apr 08, 2017
GreenandGold:

we shall conquer south africa....no biggy...

we delivered you from apartheit...we can send you back into it...but this time with whites toghether in it..... grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 5:32am On Apr 08, 2017
i am in a mood for fight,,,bring it.... grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 5:34am On Apr 08, 2017
i am not henry playing all black liberal...you africahanses can go fvck una selfs in south africa and kenya!!!.... grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 5:45am On Apr 08, 2017
Sizzorkay:

Stop your childishness, you people are about to trash this thread again.

trash this thread again... grin grin grin grin

if those motherfs that want to be africans but are not dont understand to keep their dirty mouths shvt...then we have no other choice than to remind them that they are suroundered by blacks....

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttt...i hate english...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Danooz87(m): 5:45am On Apr 08, 2017
bantudra:

are this kenyan moronns going to keep on giving am water till the drought is over??..

you kenyans are some type of special moronns....
Calm down. ...Just proving the "Environmental Soldier" that they are trained to be. ....Anyway it has started raining and we won't see any of these anymore
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 5:51am On Apr 08, 2017
Danooz87:

Calm down. ...Just proving the "Environmental Soldier" that they are trained to be. ....Anyway it has started raining and we won't see any of these anymore

okay.......we shouldnt have this problem if our useless politicians planned well.....

our leaders are all useless....... angry angry angry...all of them are moronns...no exceptions...they are all moronns in africa...!!!!.. angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.