Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,978 members, 7,863,482 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:40 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034268 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 12:53pm On May 02, 2017
ViceAdmirlAgain:
SAPS STF
the only force in SA I have great admiration for.rugged boys.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
ladies,i am back grin grin grin

kenya army

I hope you've dropped your famous emotional baggages with this new identity.

We will no longer have Africaken254 meltdowns? wink wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
ladies,i am back grin grin grin

kenya army

Who's mum are you going for next ? grin

Welcome back man!!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 02, 2017
Seems like NAF is not getting any JF-17s from PAC this year either, they really intend on fulfilling PAF orders first(14 aircrafts left) before attending to the NAF. If I were the CAS I'll play harsh politics with these guys to make sure they prioritize our order !

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:56pm On May 02, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Who's mum are you going for next ? grin
Welcome back man!!
grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:55pm On May 02, 2017
NAF

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 3:07pm On May 02, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 02, 2017
Nigerian police trains members of the Somali national police

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 5:29pm On May 02, 2017
Crazypilot:
boss I have replied u na
since I haven't seen anything in my mail
let me ask you the question Here.
I have always had a passion for flight and aircrafts right from childhood, but been financially disadvantaged made it a tall dream for me regardless I devoured all articles I could about aircrafts and flight and flew a host of pc and couple of virtual simulators .
after high school I applied to Africa union school of aviation mafikeng SA , wrote the online exam with my friend and passed.
due to lack of finance I couldn't go. that was 5 years ago
I am in final year studying a completely different course. my mind is zeroed in on applying via NAF DSSC,
however, looking at the requirements , I know before you can't be accepted to be a pilot without your ppl with type rating
1 what happens to requirements for a pilot via dssc, is that NAF has stopped accepting pilots from outside except from NDA?
2 if I apply via my field and am accepted, is there an internal system that allows dssc intakes convert to pilots or attempt pilot training if they are interested.
3 I certainly do not want to sit behind a desk or wear overalls .
4. it takes a minimum of 6 months to obtain a ppl and a further 3 months to obtain type rating on single engine
how long does it take to obtain proficiency on at least an L-39 albatross.
5 basic medical requirements

please help clear this confusions
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:42pm On May 02, 2017
Repost : apologize in advance
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/trump-sell-high-tech-planes-nigeria-fight-boko-haram-n744946
Matters arising
The US in 2016 became an exporter of CRUDE OIL and primarily relies in some cases on its traditional trading partners to fill in some of it's demands those long term partners are Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia and Nigeria . Venezuela used to be part of this " Traditional trading partners but long term hostility led to a deterioration in trade between the two.
It is important to stress these dynamics because imho to rebut some of the constant rumors going on that this deal is an oil swap, it is not, no MOU has been signed, no g2- g2 agreement has been reached for all the hubaloo about obama wanting to sell them to Nigeria , he never went on the record publicly to say he would do so , this is the difference between him and Trump who has stated it publicly.
Now that the US budget is assured of passing , averting a shut down the planes will come up into focus and if judging by the picture in the CAS office , the purchase of these planes will be included in the 2018 budget.
The JF -17 will come to Nigeria, they have the Money, the political and Military will power, they will come.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 5:55pm On May 02, 2017
Those moments #PoliceAreHumanToo .

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 02, 2017
Cannonleo:
since I haven't seen anything in my mail
let me ask you the question Here.
I have always had a passion for flight and aircrafts right from childhood, but been financially disadvantaged made it a tall dream for me regardless I devoured all articles I could about aircrafts and flight and flew a host of pc and couple of virtual simulators .
after high school I applied to Africa union school of aviation mafikeng SA , wrote the online exam with my friend and passed.
due to lack of finance I couldn't go. that was 5 years ago
I am in final year studying a completely different course. my mind is zeroed in on applying via NAF DSSC,
however, looking at the requirements , I know before you can't be accepted to be a pilot without your ppl with type rating
1 what happens to requirements for a pilot via dssc, is that NAF has stopped accepting pilots from outside except from NDA?
2 if I apply via my field and am accepted, is there an internal system that allows dssc intakes convert to pilots or attempt pilot training if they are interested.
3 I certainly do not want to sit behind a desk or wear overalls .
4. it takes a minimum of 6 months to obtain a ppl and a further 3 months to obtain type rating on single engine
how long does it take to obtain proficiency on at least an L-39 albatross.
5 basic medical requirements

please help clear this confusions
yeah my boss
1.Dssc vacancies for pilots depends on available vacancies, of course NAF accepts pilots other than Academy graduates, not all Academy graduates get to be pilots.
2.For now that has not occurred for DSSC accept moving to the regiment but Academy graduates would be given preference in such cases.
3.Well there are other great service you can render aside flying too
4.between six months and one year depending on the course. But you have to undergo basic flying course first. Thing is different pilot undergo different routes depending on aircraft type Heli or fixed.
5.the basic medical requirements is what what obtains in aviation.
All in all just concentrate on getting into NAF first,everyother thing will follow
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SealTeam6: 6:12pm On May 02, 2017
TrueHeart365:
Nigerian soldier about to head out

Liar !!!
The soldier in the pics is not about to head out...it was his birthday 2 years ago.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:12pm On May 02, 2017
patches689:
According to observers, the army has strictly observed ethnic quotas. Although details of Kenya's preferred ethnic balance are not readily available, one report indicated that in the armed forces as a whole, Kikuyu personnel made up 19 percent of manpower levels, 12 percent were Kamba, and no other group had more than 10 percent of the total. The social differences between the two services also highlighted the fact that air force members were mostly Kikuyu. The army, although more ethnically balanced, had relatively high proportions of Kamba and Kalenjin personnel. TL;DR - you have no idea what you are talking about

Not to forget Under the new constitution 2010 and new KDF act 2012 and revised 2015... There are much greater checks and balances that ensures no single person can misuse power...

E.g. The commander in chief appoints the CDF but with recommendation from the defence council that sits down and carry due diligence on who is best suited, most experience, higher ranking and from a different service (air force, army,navy) so as to regularly rotate the cdf among the three service....
And unlike the previous constitution where the president would with express authority apoint other commanders of the military, E.g base commanders, UN peacekeeper commander.etc, that responsibility is now collectively falls to the defence council where the president is represented by the minister of defence, then the generals of the three services and other appointed civilian representatives do their research and promote or appoint senior military official based purely on merit... Then the president signs off on it as the CiC... Of course as the CiC he can choose to bypass the defence council, but that is yet to happen.... Apart from the defence council, there is another powerful National security council that provides oversite and formulates policies.

Nowadays even wrongfully dismissed officers can sue the army in industrial court and the court can order the army https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000138918/sacked-senior-kdf-officer-gets-reprieve/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5845498807
In the past something like that would have never happened

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:22pm On May 02, 2017
ethiopia air force MIG-23 Jet

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:24pm On May 02, 2017
kenya defence force personnel,during a tour at an american military airbase

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 6:29pm On May 02, 2017
SANDF Military Police.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 6:30pm On May 02, 2017
newafricaken254:

For that invisible Apache - finally grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:36pm On May 02, 2017
ActivateKruger:

For that invisible Apache - finally grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:37pm On May 02, 2017
kenyan soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:50pm On May 02, 2017
Improvised Explosive Devices captured by kenya special ops in Sarira & Hola Wajeer after a successful raid at Al Shabaab's bases

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:56pm On May 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
Welcome back!

Man, with that pic, you nearly gave me a heart attack! I saw "Kenya" then I saw an apache... Almost collapsed ..then after reading again I saw "american airbase" I was like ohh( in swahili accent)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:09pm On May 02, 2017
Fidha254:
Welcome back!

Man, with that pic, you nearly gave me a heart attack! I saw "Kenya" then I saw an apache... Almost collapsed ..then after reading again I saw "american airbase" I was like ohh( in swahili accent)
thanks' i was also surprised when i saw the photo ,before I realising it was in the US

Training of Nigerien army personnel at the Commando Training Center in Belgium

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
ethiopia air force MIG-23 Jet
I've been to those MIGs in Ethiopia Air Force. I think, it was MIG-29.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:19pm On May 02, 2017
kenyan soldiers during a Combat Tracking & Information Exploitation (CTIX) course by british instructors

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:22pm On May 02, 2017
sudan MIG-29's jets

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by broill33r: 7:26pm On May 02, 2017
US State Dept. Approves $253Mln Aircraft Sale to Kenya

The US Department of State has approved a $253 million sale of 12 MD 530F helicopters along with associated weapons and ammunition to Kenya, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency said in a release on Tuesday.

read the rest at : https://sputniknews.com/military/201705021053213612-us-aircraft-sale-kenya/

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:29pm On May 02, 2017
kenya air force Grob G 120A trainer

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 02, 2017
Beautiful combat footage from the Nigerian Air Force, like we have come to expect.

Nigerian Air Force F-7NI fighter jets providing CAS for ground troops.

NIGERIAN AIR FORCE SUCCESSFULLY NEUTRALISES A GATHERING OF BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swxe8ApoCPk

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 7:37pm On May 02, 2017
As released by NAF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swxe8ApoCPk

Oh, Henry beat me to it.

The strike was a success I must say.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 02, 2017
broill33r:

Why doesn't Kenya just buy a proper Attack Helicopter. Instead of buying all these armed helicopters?

Does this mean the deal to buy the Air Tractors is gone with the winds?

Xbee007, sorry man.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:54pm On May 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
no!,this is just another deal.the number will be sufficient for our requirement ,also we don't know what type of weapons its going to be equipped with! they could be armed with hellfire or wireless TOW.also we will also easily transition from MD-500 to MD-530F
Seems you guys get military hardware easily from uncle sam? Why not go for 6+ fighter jets? You have the money EA biggest economy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.