Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,984 members, 7,863,509 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:15 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034331 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:55pm On May 02, 2017
Henry240:

Why doesn't Kenya just buy a proper Attack Helicopter. Instead of buying all these armed helicopters?

Does this mean the deal to buy the Air Tractors is gone with the winds?

Xbee007, sorry man.
no!,this is just another deal.the number will be sufficient for our requirement ,also we don't know what type of weapons its going to be equipped with! they could be armed with hellfire or wireless TOW.also we will also easily transition from MD-500 to MD-530F
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:57pm On May 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
thanks' i was also surprised when i saw the photo ,before I realising it was in the US

Training of Nigerien army personnel at the Commando Training Center in Belgium

Are they playing ARMA 3? I'll make them look like amateurs cheesy

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:58pm On May 02, 2017
SAPS Flying Squard

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:59pm On May 02, 2017
No need for introduction

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 02, 2017
Crazypilot and Airborne360, I've got a question for you guys or any other fighter pilot in this thread , however a response from the fine gentlemen would be most helpful.

My question is, we have been led to believe that you cannot have an accurate bombing of a target without a Targeting Pod, a JDAM guidance kit or any sort of modern guidance kit. This information has emanated mostly from American propaganda news channels or the many other foreign, mainly Western defence forums we visit.

Over the past 18 months the Nigerian Air Force has released 40 combat videos, including a capability demonstration video, how is it that in these videos we have never seen a target missed, either through bombs, rockets or cannon fire?

I'm not saying modern targeting tools like a Sniper, Lightening or WMD-7 pod are absolutely needed , but how come the NAF is able to achieve 100% kill ratios without these tools?

*the Rann incident been the only blight in this record in 6 years of continuous combat sorties.

Over to you guys.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:01pm On May 02, 2017
A private security company with the SAPS busting some thugs

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:28pm On May 02, 2017
kenya special ops destroying captured IED's

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:32pm On May 02, 2017
kenyan administration police woman

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 8:46pm On May 02, 2017
Henry240:
Beautiful combat footage from the Nigerian Air Force, like we have come to expect.

Nigerian Air Force F-7NI fighter jets providing CAS for ground troops.

NIGERIAN AIR FORCE SUCCESSFULLY NEUTRALISES A GATHERING OF BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swxe8ApoCPk
This is one of the best videos i have seen ( HINT P.O.T.Y. 2017) bh totally unaware of surveillance by the time Ajets came on the scene it was just right grin grin grin. The explosions almost bought tears of joy to my eyes shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 9:00pm On May 02, 2017
Henry240:
Crazypilot and Airborne360, I've got a question for you guys or any other fighter pilot in this thread , however a response from the fine gentlemen would be most helpful.

My question is, we have been led to believe that you cannot have an accurate bombing of a target without a Targeting Pod, a JDAM guidance kit or any sort of modern guidance kit. This information has emanated mostly from American propaganda news channels or the many other foreign, mainly Western defence forums we visit.

Over the past 18 months the Nigerian Air Force has released 40 combat videos, including a capability demonstration video, how is it that in these videos we have never seen a target missed, either through bombs, rockets or cannon fire?

I'm not saying modern targeting tools like a Sniper, Lightening or WMD-7 pod are absolutely needed , but how come the NAF is able to achieve 100% kill ratios without these tools?

*the Rann incident been the only blight in this record in 6 years of continuous combat sorties.

Over to you guys.
Let me help you out a little bit without giving away classified information
All three armed forces (Army, Navy and Airforce) have access to GPS ( global positioning systems) GIS ( read up on that) and yes to be truthful laser targeting systems, some stuff I left out deliberately.
However more crucially and (I don't want to sound political ) all three service chief have embraced technology and surveillance more than any of their predecessors.Of the Big three the Airforce is at the vanguard of the marriage between technology and surveillance.
The Rann incident by now everyone knows except Amnesty international was a horrible mistake based on Faulty coordinates , a month after that as if on queue the US led an airstrike killed that as many people (150+) in what turned out to be eerily similar to the Rann Incident. A defined civilian holding place .
It just shows even with all the technological surveillance ( ISR) mistakes still happen.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 02, 2017
LTGEN:

Let me help you out a little bit without giving away classified information
All three armed forces (Army, Navy and Airforce) have access to GPS ( global positioning systems) GIS ( read up on that) and yes to be truthful laser targeting systems, some stuff I left out deliberately.
However more crucially and (I don't want to sound political ) all three service chief have embraced technology and surveillance more than any of their predecessors.Of the Big three the Airforce is at the vanguard of the marriage between technology and surveillance.
The Rann incident by now everyone knows except Amnesty international was a horrible mistake based on Faulty coordinates , a month after that as if on queue the US led an airstrike killed that as many people (150+) in what turned out to be eerily similar to the Rann Incident. A defined civilian holding place .
It just shows even with all the technological surveillance ( ISR) mistakes still happen.

This makes sense, however i need also the expert opinion of the fighter pilots in the house.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
no!,this is just another deal.the number will be sufficient for our requirement ,also we don't know what type of weapons its going to be equipped with! they could be armed with hellfire or wireless TOW.also we will also easily transition from MD-500 to MD-530F

OK. However, man, Kenya needs a proper Attack Helicopter, the little bird just doesn't cut it. There's a reason why it is referred to as the little bird. It's more of a recon helicopter than anything else.

Do you have KDF figures for airstrikes in 2016?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 02, 2017
LTGEN:

This is one of the best videos i have seen ( HINT P.O.T.Y. 2017) bh totally unaware of surveillance by the time Ajets came on the scene it was just right grin grin grin. The explosions almost bought tears of joy to my eyes shocked shocked shocked

They completely routed Boko-Haram Terrorists.

NAF has been very effective.The campaign has been spot-on. To think the pilots conducting these missions are also, so young makes the entire prospects the more exciting.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Runx: 10:18pm On May 02, 2017
Henry240:

This makes sense, however i need also the expert opinion of the fighter pilots in the house.

All Alpha jet came equipped with weapon aiming computer (WAC) integrated into the head up display (HUD). This enable accurate delivery of ordinance eg. prefrag bombs, rockets and cannon munitions. Let me correct one error, the cannon on the Alphajet is the 27mm Mauser cannon not 30mm type cannon.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 02, 2017
newafricaken254:
kenyan administration police woman

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 02, 2017
Henry240:
Beautiful combat footage from the Nigerian Air Force, like we have come to expect.

NIGERIAN AIR FORCE SUCCESSFULLY NEUTRALISES A GATHERING OF BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/230215-many-boko-haram-leaders-killed-air-raid-official.html

The idiots pulled back to their hideout not knowing NAF ISR aircraft was tracking them. Then the bombs came raining down on their heads.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 5:02am On May 03, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:06am On May 03, 2017
Henry240:

OK. However, man, Kenya needs a proper Attack Helicopter, the little bird just doesn't cut it. There's a reason why it is referred to as the little bird. It's more of a recon helicopter than anything else.

Do you have KDF figures for airstrikes in 2016?
yes we need attack helicopters but also a scout light attack helicopter.it compliment the attack helicopter as a interim trainer and support role,thats why america after retiring the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior armed reconnaissance/armed scout helicopters is now looking for a replacement.actually KDF rarely confirms airstrikes it carries out,recently after an airstrike almost killed a hundred alshabaab.which the americans denied any role,did we realise it was KAF .

tanzanian recruits during training

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:05am On May 03, 2017
Runx:

All Alpha jet came equipped with weapon aiming computer (WAC) integrated into the head up display (HUD). This enable accurate delivery of ordinance eg. prefrag bombs, rockets and cannon munitions. Let me correct one error, the cannon on the Alphajet is the 27mm Mauser cannon not 30mm type cannon.

OK, gotten. Is the WAC also present in the F-7 fighter jet?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:29am On May 03, 2017
newafricaken254:
! they could be armed with hellfire or wireless TOW.

In your dreams.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Runx: 7:56am On May 03, 2017
Henry240:

Yes, switching from AA to AG mode is smooth in display panel. The JF17 will push capability envelope further.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:58am On May 03, 2017
Runx:

. Let me correct one error, the cannon on the Alphajet is the 27mm Mauser cannon not 30mm type cannon.

It's the same cannon the Tornado and Typhoon use.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:01am On May 03, 2017
Runx:

Yes, switching from AA to AG mode is smooth in display mode. The JF17 will push capability envelope further.

That's great. I expect the NAF to get an advanced targeting pod with the JF-17.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:26am On May 03, 2017
Henry240:

mostly unguided bombs/rockets r delivered

in CCIP (Constantly-calculated Impact point) mode, here there is no designation of a target.This is a visual guidance mode. Once the mode is selected, the FCC (fire control computer) displays on the HUD where the bomb would hit if dropped at that moment. As the terrain and flight conditions change, the dot moves. One simply maneuvers the plane to put the dot on the target, and when on the target the weapon is released/fired.

if the aircraft is diving for an attack then the pilot is most probably using CCIP mode.

in CCRP (Continuously calculated release point) mode using radar /other sensors both internal or external( ie ISR aircraft feed) , the pilot picks a target. The radar then locks onto that target. On the HUD, there will steering cues for the pilot to follow, computed by the the FCC (fire control computer). It's basically a vertical line, with a small horizontal line called the bomb release cue that slowly falls towards the center of the HUD as the pilot approach the target. the pilot will get the distance and time to target displayed on the HUD, counting down.the pilot will hold the release button and the computer will automatically release the bomb when it meets the previously feed parameters .

if the aircraft is attacking while maintaining level flight then the pilot is most probably using CCRP mode.

CCRP mode is used with both dumb and precision weapons. even without target lock/designation u can release bombs in CCRP mode by simply feeding the coordinates of ur targets, the FCC will do the rest.

never heard of WAC

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 8:45am On May 03, 2017
newafricaken254:
I think it would be the other way, whatever fixed wing light attack craft (E.g the archangel) we will be getting will be the ones to be armed with hellfire missiles among other guided ammunition....but the scout light attack helos would be used directly by army guys probably will be permanently based in somalia meaning they would be used for scouting and fast respond, and since they will be working throughout, DoD would want to minimize any cost of deploying them meaning they wouldn't want a situation where each time a smart bomb is deployed at some 10 alshbaab everyone will be shaking their heads in regret (moneywise) ...I think DoD would want to use cheap but brutally effective bombs.. For maximum 'blunt force trauma' to alshabaab at the minimum cost... Also some 50 cal guns in this platform..... In short, ammunition that we can buy an ocean of, two for every alshabaab and not feel a pinch on the cost. Then then on the fixed wing attack craft is where missiles would be used for much more intelligence-led precision strikes on specific predetermined big targets
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Runx: 8:50am On May 03, 2017
nemesis2u:

in CCIP (Constantly-calculated Impact point) mode, here there is no designation of a target.This is a visual guidance mode. Once the mode is selected, the FCC (fire control computer) displays on the HUD where the bomb would hit if dropped at that moment. As the terrain and flight conditions change, the dot moves. One simply maneuvers the plane to put the dot on the target, and when on the target the weapon is released/fired.

if the aircraft is diving for an attack then the pilot is most probably using CCIP mode.

in CCRP (Continuously calculated release point) mode using radar /other sensors both internal or external( ie ISR aircraft feed) , the pilot picks a target. The radar then locks onto that target. On the HUD, there will steering cues for the pilot to follow, computed by the the FCC (fire control computer). It's basically a vertical line, with a small horizontal line called the bomb release cue that slowly falls towards the center of the HUD as the pilot approach the target. the pilot will get the distance and time to target displayed on the HUD, counting down.the pilot will hold the release button and the computer will automatically release the bomb when it meets the previously feed parameters . Hi

if the aircraft is attacking while maintaining level flight then the pilot is most probably using CCRP mode.

CCRP mode is used with both dumb and precision weapons. even without target lock/designation u can release bombs in CCRP mode by simply feeding the coordinates of ur targets, the FCC will do the rest.

never heard of WAC
Yes you are correct, technology evolve but back then when the Alphajet design was laid, WAC was deemed appropriate that's why I say that the JF17 will expand the delivery envelope.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:52am On May 03, 2017
Runx:

Yes you are correct, technology evolve but back then when the Alphajet design was laid, WAC was deemed appropriate that's why I say that the JF17 will expand the delivery envelope.

yes
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Runx: 9:04am On May 03, 2017
Henry240:

That's great. I expect the NAF to get an advanced targeting pod with the JF-17.
I hope so too. There are technology that needs clearance from countries before one can integrate into an airplane. It took a little while for Russia to clear us to acquire the engine to be fitted on the JF17. Engines have been delivered to Pakistan. Sometimes it's not about money but sharing sensitive technologies.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:08am On May 03, 2017
nemesis2u:

in CCRP (Continuously calculated release point) mode using radar /other sensors both internal or external( ie ISR aircraft feed) , the pilot picks a target. The radar then locks onto that target. On the HUD, there will steering cues for the pilot to follow, computed by the the FCC (fire control computer). It's basically a vertical line, with a small horizontal line called the bomb release cue that slowly falls towards the center of the HUD as the pilot approach the target. the pilot will get the distance and time to target displayed on the HUD, counting down.the pilot will hold the release button and the computer will automatically release the bomb when it meets the previously feed parameters .

never heard of WAC

From the recent NAF combat footage, what mode in your assessment was used in targeting BHT?

The targets were also mobile, not static.

Watch the video first, then give your assessment.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 9:22am On May 03, 2017
Runx:

I hope so too. There are technology that needs clearance from countries before one can integrate into an airplane. It took a little while for Russia to clear us to acquire the engine to be fitted on the JF17. Engines have been delivered to Pakistan. Sometimes it's not about money but sharing sensitive technologies.
For sure you are in the NAF ....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24am On May 03, 2017
Runx:

I agree, but the Chinese have multiple Targeting Pods we could potentially choose from.

Yings III, WMD-7 etc etc

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:27am On May 03, 2017
Henry240:

Wow I love this video, the best I have seen yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (1131) (1132) (1133) (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.