Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,490 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:49 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034293 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) (1140) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:26am On May 04, 2017
ActivateKruger:
Frumentius, ssaengine, MikeCZA, Patches.. Does anyone know anything about this unit on black Ford Focus ST's. I have been pulled off twice already for searches, they seem to be traffic control related.

Could be ghost squad
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:12am On May 04, 2017
ssaengine:

Top 10 nonsense videos I've ever watched
Take it easy chief.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:29am On May 04, 2017
andrewza:

Could be ghost squad

There's a Ghost Squad? Now they can't fool me. I'm always on the lookout for a black Focus ST on my rear... In person though the vehicles are cool.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu2: 9:36am On May 04, 2017
Henry240:

Why doesn't Kenya just buy a proper Attack Helicopter. Instead of buying all these armed helicopters?

Does this mean the deal to buy the Air Tractors is gone with the winds?

Xbee007, sorry man.

Roles;this is a light scout/attack rotary. Z9 is medium utility that has an attack variant the Z W9,while the Puma and Mi 17 are transport. The MI 28 havoc is a dedicated attack chopper,a pure gunship,for both anti personnel and anti tank. I know pics are best but that can't happen and they're not at the 50 ACB,Embakasi,Nairobi. This one reputable site.
With the delivery of the Mi-28s Iraq has become the third country (with Russia and Kenya) to operate the all-weather, day-night, two-seat anti-armor attack helicopter (whose export version is known as Mi-28NE) destined to replace the Mi-24 Hind in Russian service.
https://theaviationist.com/2014/02/27/photo-mi-28ne-iraq/

The other site , defense industry daily isn't opening.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu2: 9:51am On May 04, 2017
newafricaken254:
yes we need attack helicopters but also a scout light attack helicopter.it compliment the attack helicopter as a interim trainer and support role,thats why america after retiring the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior armed reconnaissance/armed scout helicopters is now looking for a replacement.actually KDF rarely confirms airstrikes it carries out,recently after an airstrike almost killed a hundred alshabaab.which the americans denied any role,did we realise it was KAF .

tanzanian recruits during training

True! The biggest killing was early 2015 when a combined air ground op killed 540. People have no idea how many AS have met the 72 virgins-well over 3K. The biggest battle of the pre Kismayu capture campaign was in Fafadun town in Gedo,IIRC March or April 2012, 300+ AS were KIA in one afternoon.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu2: 9:55am On May 04, 2017
Fidha254:
Found a different link with more details..

provided is as follows;
*.12 MD-530F weaponized helicopters
*.24 heavy machine gun pods
*.24 M260 rocket pods
*.4,032 M151 high-explosive rockets
*.1,536 M274 smoke signature warhead rockets
*.400,000 rounds of .50 caliber ammunition
*.communications/navigation equipment
*.logistics support
*.training and technical assistance *. airframe and weapon system spare parts support,and field service support,
*.Special Assigned Airlift Mission (SAAM) flight delivery

http://m.waaytv.com/redstone_alabama/redstone-unit-proposes-million-helicopter-deal-to-kenya/article_478b2e66-2f9e-11e7-899e-cfa1452cb3ce.html

http://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales/kenya-md-530-aircraft

253 mn$ for total life cycle of at least 20 yrs operating costs costs incl. ordnance package for 12 light gunships really isn't bad.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu2: 10:00am On May 04, 2017
MikeCZA:
Not really.

He's supported by some country next to Uganda.

He can run but will eventually find himself on the sights of some soldier's rifle. Like others e.g Jonas Savimbi.

He's not inside Uganda. He is using the conflicts in CAR, South Sudan, DRC, Southern parts of Sudan to his advantage. But I believe his in a nice house in one of Uganda's neighbours.

My own info is that he's more of a bogeyman to justify M7 regional depradations. Kony might not even exist;if he does like Shekau he has several avatars proving his role as actor for proxy forces.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:20am On May 04, 2017
kikuyu2:

My own info is that he's more of a bogeyman to justify M7 regional depradations. Kony might not even exist;if he does like Shekau he has several avatars proving his role as actor for proxy forces.

He is real. But the LRA is not a threat any more. Just common bandits these days.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:18am On May 04, 2017
The SAAF blowing up things (again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGHhssbnb3U

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 11:52am On May 04, 2017
Henry240:
Crazypilot and Airborne360, I've got a question for you guys or any other fighter pilot in this thread , however a response from the fine gentlemen would be most helpful.

My question is, we have been led to believe that you cannot have an accurate bombing of a target without a Targeting Pod, a JDAM guidance kit or any sort of modern guidance kit. This information has emanated mostly from American propaganda news channels or the many other foreign, mainly Western defence forums we visit.

Over the past 18 months the Nigerian Air Force has released 40 combat videos, including a capability demonstration video, how is it that in these videos we have never seen a target missed, either through bombs, rockets or cannon fire?

I'm not saying modern targeting tools like a Sniper, Lightening or WMD-7 pod are absolutely needed , but how come the NAF is able to achieve 100% kill ratios without these tools?

*the Rann incident been the only blight in this record in 6 years of continuous combat sorties.

Over to you guys.
henry240 if I am to answer your question in my own little way,
the answer I think lies in our ISR aircraft's
as you can see regardless of the Hollywood type scenes we see everyday, our net centric capabilities Is still at the intermediate but extremely effective against our threat assessment.

our ISR,ATR surveillance assets enagage in combat air patrols and spot targets, pinpoint locations of mostly immobile assets and relay such to the strike group in yola or maid ,
fighters are scrambled and how on earth will a good NAF pilot miss a 6,000, ft dive at corrected elevation with an mk 84

second scenario, Intel about hostile movement is relayed to control
a full complement of surveillance and attack assets are scrambled
survelliance assets co-ordinates heavy attack on larger targets while smaller targets as straffted by helos.

bottom line, the guidance is as always there , been long NAF flew blind then they is GPS and GIS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 04, 2017
Another Angolan IL-76 refurbished in Ukraine

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 04, 2017
Nigerian army

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 12:28pm On May 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian army

This looks like a snatch and grab training.......I hope for shekau ,I want the bastard gotten alive then tortured, Samuel doe standard
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 04, 2017
LTGEN:

question 1. Militarized version or the Civilian version that was sold to the NNPC?
question 2. i wonder what the tail version would look like would it be fully enclosed ( CIRCULAR) like the ones Nigeria has currently owns or the open rotary version ?
NN would never go for the civi version and I think the tail rotors are usually fully enclosed on these.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:40pm On May 04, 2017
Henry240:

I'm not saying modern targeting tools like a Sniper, Lightening or WMD-7 pod are absolutely needed , but how come the NAF is able to achieve 100% kill ratios without these tools?

Seriously dude? WTF is this statement?

This is so beyond ludicrous on so many different levels.

We have all seen the same videos mate, come on.

Good work is being done, but 100%? Get out.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:04pm On May 04, 2017
kikuyu2:

like Andrew said:
andrewza:

He is real. But the LRA is not a threat any more. Just common bandits these days.

Between the UN in DRC, Ugandans and Americans in CAR he has been relegated to irrelevance.

There were less than 300 of them 8 years ago and Kony has lost CnC of the majority of the bands of fighters. In a two year period alone, 2008-2010 the Ugandans took almost 500 L.R.A out of the fight (killed, captured, defected).

Back then the LRA was devided into 3 sections:

- Maj. General Joseph Kony and his personal protection detail (unknown location)
- Brig. Okot Odhiambo (C.A.R)
- Brig. Dominic Onwgen (D.R.C)

Onwgen was captured in the C.A.R and Obhiambo defected the Ugandans.

The entire LRA, or whats left of it, is now hemmed into the border region between C.A.R and D.R.C between Zemio and Obo. When you read about the attacks the statements always say: 5-9 LRA (including women and children) with AK47's, wearing a mix of civilian and military clothing and its usually to steal food, clothing and money.

One of their recent raids was to rob two cyclists. Before that they stole two cows.

The most telling part is that they have stopped abducting men, because they cant sustain any new fighters. They only take women.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 04, 2017
patches689:

Seriously dude? WTF is this statement?

This is so beyond ludicrous on so many different levels.

Good work is being done, but 100%? Get out.

"Not 100%?"

Are you show you've been watching the same combat videos the NAF has been releasing at all? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu2: 1:42pm On May 04, 2017
Patches689,henry240,greenandgold,andrewza and fidha254 I've been kicking this idea around for a while. A test of everyone's knowledge of the tactical,financial,political and strategic level. Your task is to establish a Naij/RSA/Kenyan MEU on the USMC MEU lines.

2200 marines under a Colonel

4 M1A1 main battle tank ground
7 to 16 Light Armored Vehicle ground
15 Assault Amphibious Vehicle ground
6 155mm howitzer: M777 ground
8 M252 81mm mortar ground
8 BGM-71 Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missile weapon system ground
8 FGM-148 Javelin anti-tank missile ground
4 to 6 AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters aviation
3 UH-1Y Venom light utility helicopters aviation
12 MV-22A Osprey medium-lift tiltrotor aircraft aviation
4 CH-53E Super Stallion heavy-lift transport helicopters aviation
6 AV-8B Harrier V/STOL light-attack airplanes aviation
2 KC-130 Hercules aerial re-fueler/transport airplanes
Note: usually maintained in the continental United States aviation
2 Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Unit logistics
1 LMT 3000 water purification unit logistics
4 Tractor, Rubber Tire, Articulated Steering logistics
2 TX51-19M Rough Terrain Forklift logistics
3 D7 bulldozer logistics
1 Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement dump truck logistics
4 Mk48 Logistics Vehicle System logistics
7 500 gallon water containers multiple
63 Humvee multiple
30 Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement trucks multiple
5 RQ-21 Stingray UAV aviation

Your governments have decided set up respective MEUs as regional RDFs and spearhead formations. Your marines must be scuba and airborne qualified with necessary assets. Your budget is 2 bn$ +_ 10%,for currency fluctuation and occasional cost overruns with a 5 yr timeline of 400mn% yearly so as not to alarm neighbours. This is a figure all our nations can REALISTICALLY manage.
If you lust for a minisubs,Su 30s and/or Dokdos this task isn't for you. This site is excellent in pricing weapons systems. The Dokdo LHD is 900 mn$,almost half your budget. [img]http://nationsdawnofanera.weebly.com/-amphibious-vessels.html[/img]

Remember every weapon has a purchase price[b] and a maintenance cost![/b] which must be factored into your writeup.

IL-76MD Candid Russia FAC 40 mn$ Annual maintenance 12.5 mn$

IL-76MF Candid Russia FAC 50 mn $ Annual maintenance 12.0 mn$

AN 70 Ukraine FAC 70mn $ Annual maintenance 11.2 mn$

C-295 Spain/Indonesia FAC 35 MN$ Annual maintenance 3.9 mn$

Also,one of anything is NONE! You need minimum two of anything for operational reserve and training. Buying one C17 Globemaster at just under 400 mn$ is nonsensical. This task is actually a lot of work and requires more than scant understanding if you decide to post.eg,what's your arty? How many SPs? Do you need or want MRLSs? WHAT'S THEIR COST?

The Serbian Nora is almost a third of the Swedish Archer at 12.5 mn$,with G6 costing 7.5 mn$ and G6 52 is 10.4 mn$. Factor ammo training costs,since each gun will shot at least 450 rounds 3 times a year.

105mm NATO APERS: Weight: 17.45 kg; Price: $240 (S/R)
105mm NATO CHEM: Weight: 19.47 kg; Price: $270 (R/-)
105mm NATO HE: Weight: 18.1 kg; Price: $255 (S/R)
105mm NATO HE BB: Weight: 14.4 kg; Price: $335 (R/-)
105mm NATO HE ER: Weight: 15.5 kg; Price: $220 (R/-)
105mm NATO HE RAP: Weight: 19.9 kg; Price: $305 (S/R)
105mm NATO HEAT: Weight: 16.23 kg; Price: $255 (R/-)
105mm NATO ICM-DP: Weight: 19.05 kg; Price: $1530 (R/-)
105mm NATO ICM-DP RAP: 20.96 kg; Price: $1830 (R/-)
105mm NATO ILLUM: Weight: 21.06 kg; Price: $295 (S/R)
105mm NATO ILLUM RAP: Weight: 23.17 kg; Price: $350 (R/-)
105mm NATO WP: Weight: 19.47 kg; Price: $510 (S/R)
105mm NATO WP RAP: Weight: 21.42 kg; Price: $610 (R/-)
105mm NATO Powder Charge: Weight: 7 kg; Price: $30 (C/S)
http://www.pmulcahy.com/ammunition/howitzer_rounds.html

You need to know the quality of your potential opponents is wayyy beyond BH,M23 or Al Shabab and will include the West and their proxies,including even French in the form of the FFL. You'll need at least short range SAMs,to defend captured towns but not longer range systems which are army purview.
Remember ,also,the US Marines are underarmed in some respects;they lost Fallujah since they lacked heavy APCs needed for all the RPG armed Jihadis. Your platforms must ofc be marine coated which precludes the Hind which lacks a navalised version-make sure your fav platform is navalised!! Nemesis2u,if this gets going can you advise?
Your A/Cs must fly at least 150 hrs yearly. Include salaries and combined training costs for the men as a whole unit.
Who wants to play? Lets do more than post pics! We've done that for years now!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:43pm On May 04, 2017
Henry240:

"Not 100%?"

Are you show you've been watching the same combat videos the NAF has been releasing at all? undecided undecided

patches689:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 1:47pm On May 04, 2017
kikuyu2:

M7 was successful and managed to crush any rebellion since he took power. He's not a bogeyman but was defeated inside Uganda and pushed forced to neighbouring countries.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 04, 2017
kikuyu2:
Patches689,henry240,greenandgold,andrewza and fidha254 I've been kicking this idea around for a while. A test of everyone's knowledge of the tactical,financial,political and strategic level. Your task is to establish a Naij/RSA/Kenyan MEU on the USMC MEU lines.

Who wants to play? Lets do more than post pics! We've done that for years now!

There are discussion threads available.

As for the part in bold, this is the title of this thread (African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread)

Let us follow the basic rules, post content in the required sections/Threads.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 3:26pm On May 04, 2017
Henry240:

There are discussion threads available.

As for the part in bold, this is the title of this thread (African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread)

Let us follow the basic rules, post content in the required sections/Threads.
Henry I have a little probleme do you now structure of NAF, I am very confuse ... How many commands 4 or 5 ?
Some sources talk about ( Training Command, Logistics command, Tactical air command ) others talk about (NAF Mobility Command Training Command, Logistics command, Tactical air command ) and in the NAF documentary ( Training Command, Logistics command, Tactical air command, and Special Operations Command ).
Im ok with the fact it is not a discussion tread but I need some answer...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:57pm On May 04, 2017
Nok234:

Henry I have a little probleme do you now structure of NAF, I am very confuse ... How many commands 4 or 5 ?
Some sources talk about ( Training Command, Logistics command, Tactical air command ) others talk about (NAF Mobility Command Training Command, Logistics command, Tactical air command ) and in the NAF documentary ( Training Command, Logistics command, Tactical air command, and Special Operations Command ).
Im ok with the fact it is not a discussion tread but I need some answer...
visit naf website...its well detailed there

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:15pm On May 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Another Angolan IL-76 refurbished in Ukraine
Countries that have MEDIUM to HEAVY lift capacity
1.Algeria
2.Angola
3. Egypt
4.Nigeria
5. South Africa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 04, 2017
LTGEN:

Countries that have MEDIUM to HEAVY lift capacity
1.Algeria
2.Angola
3. Egypt
4.Nigeria
5. South Africa

If you have added Nigeria and SA on that list because we operate C-130s then add Cameroon, Botswana, Morocco, Tunisia.....etc

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 04, 2017
Bell helicopters at maiduguri airport, my guess is that they belong to UNs WFP.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 04, 2017
Nok234:

Henry I have a little probleme do you now structure of NAF, I am very confuse ... How many commands 4 or 5 ? .

Odunayaw has given the best answer.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:23pm On May 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Bell helicopters at maiduguri airport, my guess is that they belong to UNs WFP.

What of the helicopters from customs?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 6:02pm On May 04, 2017
Who has seen the new atr-42mp paint scheme up close?

one word "HIDEOUS"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 04, 2017
tdayof:

What of the helicopters from customs?
Haven't heard anything about them so far.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 04, 2017
M14A1:
Who has seen the new atr-42mp paint scheme up close?

one word "HIDEOUS"

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:48pm On May 04, 2017
patches689:

like Andrew said:

Between the UN in DRC, Ugandans and Americans in CAR he has been relegated to irrelevance.

There were less than 300 of them 8 years ago and Kony has lost CnC of the majority of the bands of fighters. In a two year period alone, 2008-2010 the Ugandans took almost 500 L.R.A out of the fight (killed, captured, defected).

Back then the LRA was devided into 3 sections:

- Maj. General Joseph Kony and his personal protection detail (unknown location)
- Brig. Okot Odhiambo (C.A.R)
- Brig. Dominic Onwgen (D.R.C)

Onwgen was captured in the C.A.R and Obhiambo defected the Ugandans.

The entire LRA, or whats left of it, is now hemmed into the border region between C.A.R and D.R.C between Zemio and Obo. When you read about the attacks the statements always say: 5-9 LRA (including women and children) with AK47's, wearing a mix of civilian and military clothing and its usually to steal food, clothing and money.

One of their recent raids was to rob two cyclists. Before that they stole two cows.

The most telling part is that they have stopped abducting men, because they cant sustain any new fighters. They only take women.
the american special forces mission was to capture or kill Kony,not to reduce LRA capability.which they failed to achieve.recent tracked attacks by suspected LRA .Link https://lracrisistracker.com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1134) (1135) (1136) (1137) (1138) (1139) (1140) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: GreenandGold and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.