Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,943 members, 7,863,341 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:50 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6033956 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 06, 2015
Amisom, Ethiopian Forces.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 06, 2015
Amisom, Kenyan Defence Forces

KDF Rangers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 06, 2015
Amisom KDF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 06, 2015
kenyan airforce MI-171E

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 06, 2015
kenya aiforce f-5

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 06, 2015
kenya airforce DHC-5 Buffalo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 06, 2015
Nigerian Navy

- Nigerian Navy NNS Okpabana

- Nigerian Navy VBSS Team

- Nigerian Navy Agusta A109e

- Nigerian Navy corvette, NNS Eyimiri in the background

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cammo: 8:03pm On May 06, 2015
horlams:

Taking a closer look at the guy on d right side(without gloves),there is a zip around d neck, indicative of a sf cammo(similar to the one below)..it might be a new cammo for some of our sf units
smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 9:07pm On May 06, 2015
Oga Henry is NNS Eyimiri still active? I can see some NN chap on it in the back ground!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 06, 2015
Fynline:
Oga Henry is NNS Eyimiri still active? I can see some NN chap on it in the back ground!

It is. Last year she participated in exercises with the chinese.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:53am On May 07, 2015
Amisom

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 10:10am On May 07, 2015
Cammo:

smiley
lol this dude just got called up back to the old boys thread from his vacation at the romance section. I guess you get mentioned like this very often?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cammo: 10:48am On May 07, 2015
overhypedsteve:
lol this dude just got called up back to the old boys thread from his vacation at the romance section. I guess you get mentioned like this very often?
Lol! These military guys won't do without mentioning me. I'm used to it. But I don't visit the romance thread like u said
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On May 07, 2015
Nigerian Airforce

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 3:46pm On May 07, 2015
Airguard

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 07, 2015
Various, in the DRC:

Pic 1: Ukrainian Hind taking off from Beni, in response to shots at SA Oryx;

Pic 2: One of the wounded Tanzos from Beni ambush, RIP to the 2 KIA;

Pic 3: SAAF Oryx on top of Nyamulagira volcano;

Pic 4: SA Recce, Nyamilima, DRC.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:38pm On May 07, 2015
*Off topic*
Hmmmm There's a picture of Namibian marines to compensate tongue

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 7:24pm On May 07, 2015
frumentius:
Various, in the DRC:

Pic 1: Ukrainian Hind taking off from Beni, in response to shots at SA Oryx;

Pic 2: One of the wounded Tanzos from Beni ambush, RIP to the 2 KIA;

Pic 3: SAAF Oryx on top of Nyamulagira volcano;

Nice pics man.

I also heard about the Tanzanians being Ambushed, it looks as though the rebels have had a chance to reorganise , maybe its time to bring the FIB back into action.

I have a feeling that you're holding out on us with the S.F pictures.

Is the SANDF unnecessarily paranoid about hiding their equipment? Or is it something that must be done?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 07, 2015
Centrifude:
I also heard about the Tanzanians being Ambushed, it looks as though the rebels have had a chance to reorganise , maybe its time to bring the FIB back into action.

I have a feeling that you're holding out on us with the S.F pictures.

Is the SANDF unnecessarily paranoid about hiding their equipment? Or is it something that must be done?

1. An alphabet soup of rebels, the ADF operates around Beni and the FIB has been assisting FARDC in the fight. FARDC going against FDLR is a lone affair - FARDC commanders against FDLR are human rights abusers, according to UN and therefore "untouchables".

2. OPSEC, my friend - ridiculous regulations notwithstanding that all the pics are out there, from "western" SOF (of equipment, I mean).
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 07, 2015
frumentius:
Various, in the DRC:

Another quiz guys: what's different from the normal R5 with which this Recce is equipped?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:55am On May 08, 2015
frumentius:

Another quiz guys: what's different from the normal R5 with which this Recce is equipped?
Hahaha you still haven't said who won your previous quiz, BTW im still saying its an R3, any way from what I can see in THIS photo,the only differences are the stock and optics.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:34am On May 08, 2015
gottfried21:
*Off topic*
Hmmmm There's a picture of Namibian marines to compensate tongue

Thats usual west Vs East propaganda. Have you watched Allegiance (2015 movie series)? The west main propaganda machine is its media and Hollywood while the Russians, is its strictly controlled state media.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 08, 2015
frumentius:

Nope, what are the results of the first one?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 08, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:31am On May 09, 2015
the first satellite launched and launching site in africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwXSQTDL3ZU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 09, 2015
Nigerian Airforce in the Process of procuring T-129 ATAK Helicopters for it's Network Enabled Combat Capability program.

Nigerian Airforce also to receive 3 additional surveillance planes, possibly beechraft ISTAR

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 09, 2015
Nigerian Airforce beechraft

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 09, 2015
NAF Agusta A109

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 09, 2015
Nigerian navy capt. Ebibowie Zipele, commander, multinational maritime coordination center.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:28pm On May 09, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian Airforce beechraft
@ henry how good and advanced these beechcraft are ....... ? because to me they luk like old relic's, can they be deployed to the north-east ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 09, 2015
bidexiii:

@ henry how good and advanced these beechcraft are ....... ? because to me they luk like old relic's, can they be deployed to the north-east ?

Operational experiences,

- the beechraft was the primary surveillance asset used by the Americans in trailing Pablo escobar in bogota, until he was eventually caught. The Aircraft could loiter for many hours and it had state of the art CONMMINT systems on board in tracking and isolating specific radio waves.

- in afghanistan, not the MQ-9 or the GR4 is the british primary survelliance asset, it is the Beechcraft King Air 350ERs.

the UK model relies on types as diverse as the Panavia Tornado GR4, General Atomics Reaper remotely piloted aircraft and specially modified Beechcraft King Air 350ERs.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/raf-heralds-emergence-of-39combat-istar39-over-339632/

- the Nigerian Air force beechraft surveillance assets (not pictured above) play a vital, bordline integral role in Nigeria's surveillance operations in the North-east. The CAS must have insinuated that the Beechcraft is his most important surveillance platform, as the asset provides him real-time battlefield images in Abuja.

So you see, it's a very important aircraft. Flying 40,000 ft above sea level, it sees all and it hears all.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by realnas(m): 11:37pm On May 09, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian Airforce in the Process of procuring T-129 ATAK Helicopters for it's Network Enabled Combat Capability program.

Nigerian Airforce also to receive 3 additional surveillance planes, possibly beechraft ISTAR
oga henry I hv my reservations about us purchasin hardware frm d west especially nato countries wat if d turks decide nt to sell spare parts to us ?wat if america decides to veto d sale of hell fire missiles to nigeria? Wat will happen or wat will be d fate of these birds ur guess is as good as mine they wil end up in storage lik d sepecaqt jagz at the end of d day we will be left wit assets that we can't us instead wastin time on this helo y not b uy d mi 28 it is good ,d iraqis r usin to deadly effect against isis and remember it comes frm mother russia that means we don't hv to worry about purchasin spare parts and other things

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.