Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,804 members, 7,841,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6002476 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (2848) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40am On May 02, 2015
'Hundreds of bodies' found in Nigeria town recaptured from Boko Haram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NrrA0LKFhM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:56am On May 02, 2015
MikeCZAR:
The armed Seeker 400 is designated "snyper".

Seeker 400 is different from the 2/200 in size, payload, range and more.
They are the same size as far as I know, they do however have different software and engine.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 12:26pm On May 02, 2015
xwolverine:
credit: dakingsman, nigerian_arme.forces

Photo 1: Nigerian Special forces (Army)
Photo 2 and 3: Nigerian Army Huey with the Army Air Corps
Background looks like Russia or Crimea
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 3:33pm On May 02, 2015

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 4:31pm On May 02, 2015
Henry120:

I don't know the company the Airforce collaborated with.

I was shocked by the misrepresentation of the facts by many respondents when this video surfaced online.
oga henry do most of the beryl come with pistol grips and enhanced upgrade and dont u think it is time Dicon goes to the drawing board and remakes the obj-006 into the al-IM(improvized) with polymer stubs ,pintle homemade battlesights instead of waiting for scopes an etched pistol grips and improvement in the breach system reducing recoil plus a colour change.I would really love Dicon to create an improved variety of the AK.improvised for our conditions rather than importing polish beryl rifles for an initial 6000 units.
no offense just a thought

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 4:37pm On May 02, 2015
Faculty14:
the camo in the 2nd pic tho.never seen such before. Are the specially designed for army sf forces??
I can't seem to I'D that plant behind the SF dudes but I have a hunch that this picture was taken at the port hacourt naval base...if I can ID that tree behind nd if I am positive that it is a neem plant.then this is ph naval base..neem isn't native to russia

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 02, 2015
Cannonleo:
oga henry do most of the beryl come with pistol grips and enhanced upgrade and dont u think it is time Dicon goes to the drawing board and remakes the obj-006 into the al-IM(improvized) with polymer stubs ,pintle homemade battlesights instead of waiting for scopes an etched pistol grips and improvement in the breach system reducing recoil plus a colour change.I would really love Dicon to create an improved variety of the AK.improvised for our conditions rather than importing polish beryl rifles for an initial 6000 units.
no offense just a thought

They are all up-graded to the latest level. Polymer, picatinny and foregrip.

I've rebuilt the AK-47 many times in my head. i've even pasted in the past my ideal AK-47 up-grade.

The beryl and other AK knock-offs built by countries around the world all maintain the AK's bolt mechanism. It looks virtually the same in all Variants/knock-offs i've seen.

The beryl is just an up-graded another AK-47. To be honest, it isn't a difficult build. I've virtually lost hope in DICON producing an improved variant. Infact, I don't even support the military building anything in Nigeria as they cannot sustain it. I've always said, the Igirigi and other military prototypes should be handed over to Private Nigerian or J.V Nigerian/foreign firms.

The only way we can see a non-imported up-graded rifle ,is if Private Nigerian companies or companies based in Nigeria come up with a builds. I don't trust DICON.

DICON and Proforce signed a J.V on an APC build, have we seen their design....... NO!!!

Truth is, i'm of the opinion that the money spent in buying beryl rifles is a waste. We could have up-graded the OBJ-006 to beryl standard or any other up-graded variant.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:15pm On May 02, 2015
Henry120:

They are all up-graded to the latest level. Polymer, picatinny and foregrip.

I've rebuilt the AK-47 many times in my head. i've even pasted in the past my ideal AK-47 up-grade.

The beryl and other AK knock-offs built by countries around the world all maintain the AK's bolt mechanism. It looks virtually the same in all Variants/knock-offs i've seen.

The beryl is just an up-graded another AK-47. To be honest, it isn't a difficult build. I've virtually lost hope in DICON producing an improved variant. Infact, I don't even support the military building anything in Nigeria as they cannot sustain it. I've always said, the Igirigi and other military prototypes should be handed over to Private Nigerian or J.V Nigerian/foreign firms.

The only way we can see a non-imported up-graded rifle ,is if Private Nigerian companies or companies based in Nigeria come up with a builds. I don't trust DICON.

DICON and Proforce signed a J.V on an APC build, have we seen their design....... NO!!!

Truth is, i'm of the opinion that the money spent in buying beryl rifles is a waste. We could have up-graded the OBJ-006 to beryl standard or any other up-graded variant.

Private or Government controlled without multi-year contracts they can't sustain anything.

Multi-year contracts would help maintain active production lines, opening opportunities to market or export systems.

So it goes back to government support and on how it wants its national defence system to be structured.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 02, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Private or Government controlled without multi-year contracts they can't sustain anything.

Multi-year contracts would help maintain active production lines, opening opportunities to market or export systems.

So it goes back to government support and on how it wants its national defence system to be structured.

The Nigerian Navy recently signed a Joint Venture agreement with a UAE based ship builder. The Agreement is to build capital ships at the Navy's dockyard in lagos.

In the same vein, the Navy has almost completed construction of Andoni II and a second tug boat in port-harcourt, while 6 other navy vessels are currently under-going refits in lagos.

The Navy's plan is designed to meet it's fleet recapitalization requirements, Oil industry requirements and exports. So, it's target specific. To achieve this plan, the navy already has it's commercial firm, Nigerian Navy dockyards limited setup. This is how it is done.

This is how to run programmes.

Money spent on ordering 6000 beryls could instead be spent on ordering 6000 beryls(Nigerian) a year for 5 years(providing jobs and saving foreign exchange), while the Private company lobbies state governments and foreign buyers.

Simple!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faculty14(m): 8:17pm On May 02, 2015
Cannonleo:

I can't seem to I'D that plant behind the SF dudes but I have a hunch that this picture was taken at the port hacourt naval base...if I can ID that tree behind nd if I am positive that it is a neem plant.then this is ph naval base..neem isn't native to russia
guess Uve visited the base several times to know this.nice findings
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 10:09pm On May 02, 2015
Henry120:

The Nigerian Navy recently signed a Joint Venture agreement with a UAE based ship builder. The Agreement is to build capital ships at the Navy's dockyard in lagos.

In the same vein, the Navy has almost completed construction of Andoni II and a second tug boat in port-harcourt, while 6 other navy vessels are currently under-going refits in lagos.

The Navy's plan is designed to meet it's fleet recapitalization requirements, Oil industry requirements and exports. So, it's target specific. To achieve this plan, the navy already has it's commercial firm, Nigerian Navy dockyards limited setup. This is how it is done.

This is how to run programmes.

Money spent on ordering 6000 beryls could instead be spent on ordering 6000 beryls(Nigerian) a year for 5 years(providing jobs and saving foreign exchange), while the Private company lobbies state governments and foreign buyers.

Simple!!
But the fact here Henry is that the Nigerian defence industry similar to South African's won't survive if it is to feed or rely on local needs only.

The most import thing is to export.

I concur with the last past, it is almost an insul..st to import small or none special equipment like rifles, food rations and more in large numbers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:46am On May 03, 2015

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 9:15am On May 03, 2015
This is not a d1ck measuring contest, but i'm very proud of our military right now. even though the international community and media refuse to acknowledge it (since good news coming out of Africa is not good for business), i will not be decieved.

The Nigerian military has set a record by rescuing 600 captives with just one casualty from a terrorist stronghold known for it's extremely difficult terrain. sambisa is almost free.
This in less than a week.

Abeg, 1 million gbosa to our boys in uniform.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by horlams: 11:27am On May 03, 2015
stillchris:
This is not a d1ck measuring contest, but i'm very proud of our military right now. even though the international community and media refuse to acknowledge it (since good news coming out of Africa is not good for business), i will not be decieved.

The Nigerian military has set a record by rescuing 600 captives with just one casualty from a terrorist stronghold known for it's extremely difficult terrain. sambisa is almost free.
This in less than a week.

Abeg, 1 million gbosa to our boys in uniform.
I'm also surprised at the low publicity this hostage rescue thing received....this effort seems to have received low acknowledgement because of the chibok girls issue
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 1:02pm On May 03, 2015
horlams:

I'm also surprised at the low publicity this hostage rescue thing received....this effort seems to have received low acknowledgement because of the chibok girls issue

that's true. one thing madam oby and her group should also realize is that if they want to truly prove their cause is just, they'll be celebtating that children have been rescued. whether chibok or not. every Nigerian matters.

and if madam oby is sincere to that cause she shouldn't have honored that TIME magazine's gala in honor if the missing girls.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 03, 2015
Niger Republic military

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:38pm On May 03, 2015
agaugust:

Affording rocket assisted Denel artillery is not the issue...Does anybody need it? Tanzania has 100 km range mobile rocket artillery. Denel 73 km range is far less. Tanzania afforded to pay for a 100 km range artillery.....but what target are you going to war to hit 100 km away ? Is distance always that far in real life war? A whole city battle space may be just 20 km wide from city east to west.

With the correct target spotting assets as well as pre-registered targets (cross-roads, bridges) long range is allways effective

If your artillery can hit targets in safety from enemy artillery, you are in a massive advantage in the battlefield.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:41pm On May 03, 2015
frumentius:

Be that as it may, Augustine seemed to dismiss the Denel T5-52 155mm artillery system and I'm interested as to his reasoning.

Anti-South African biase and a poor understanding of the symmetry of modern warfare.

If someone cannot comprehend the importance of long range artillery, from tactical significance to logistical implications it is not worth debating with them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:49pm On May 03, 2015
agaugust:

In war, it's hard to fire artillery on targets 73 km away in a far away city, except you want to kill innocent civilians and incur the wrath of United Nations.

Real life war is NOT a video game. How do you do fire correction, can you see 73 km inside your enemy's territory? How do you even tie down the enemy constantly to same spot 73 km away, is the opposing army a foolish sitting duck ?

That's why the whole world is not rushing to buy artillery systems beyond 30 km range.

A photo thread this is, I don't wanna talk much bros.

Has it ever occured to you that you can hit normal targets... but from complete safety?

If you have 30km range arty, you place your guns maybe 15km behind the front and they fire on targets called out by spotters/drones/recon.

But, with 70 km arty you can place your guns 55km behind your lines, in complete safety, and closer to your logistical hubs... where they hit the same targets as normal guns.

It also allows you to strike deeper behind enemy lines, at command posts, bottle-necks (bridges/cross-roads) which you would otherwise not be able to hit - here you are firing at grid refrences or GPS co-ords, independent of the needs of front line spotters. This is saturation fire.

Long range guns also allow you the ability of TOT - whereby one gun can land 3-4 shells on the same target at the same time. Adding a massive shock effect to their gunnery. (Meaning you can get the fire-power of four batterys out of one single battery)

Proof is in the pudding, the PzH2000 and Ceasar are all pushing the envelope when it comes to long range artillery.

Finally, you are unable to tell the difference between different doctrinal uses of artillery, NATO is focusing on regimental artillery at the moment, long range guns that South Africa has developed are more applicable at the Battle-Group/Division or Corps Level which is more relevant to maneuver warfare as apposed to NATO's current focus on Nodal warfare.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 03, 2015
Nigerian Airforce ISTAR

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 2:03pm On May 03, 2015
Sambisa operation-AFP

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 03, 2015
Chadian Army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 03, 2015
Chadian army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 03, 2015
Niger

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 03, 2015
Nigerian Army Amphibious Troops

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 03, 2015
Nigerian army general Shehu Abdulkadir, commander of the MISMA force in Mali saluting President GEJ.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 03, 2015
Chief of Army Staff, Nigeria

LT. Kenneth Tobiah minimah

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by egesie(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2015
Henry120:
Chief of Army Staff, Nigeria

LT. Kenneth Tobiah minimah

Is that Tiger or Dragon claw?@ 3rd pic

Got me cracking
grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 3:05pm On May 03, 2015
egesie:

Got me cracking grin
grin grin grin grin grin Stop it mate!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 3:13pm On May 03, 2015
Henry120:
Chadian army
From Cameroon, Somalia, Nigeria to the DRC the Type 92 IFV is seen a lot of action.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 03, 2015
egesie:

Got me cracking
grin

grin grin grin

That's our very own kungfu master. LOL

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 03, 2015
patches689:

Anti-South African biase and a poor understanding of the symmetry of modern warfare.

If someone cannot comprehend the importance of long range artillery, from tactical significance to logistical implications it is not worth debating with them.
its because he said its beyond the reach (price ) of most africa countries

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (2848) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.