Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1717) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5993812 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:30am On Jul 20, 2018
jln115:
grin grin grin ironic coming from you Lionel.... Judging from your FB pp you aren't to old yourself!!

P. S I did not stalk you on.. .. We are on the same FB group.
You must be at least 30years!

I would be 21 naira on it grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:37am On Jul 20, 2018
kikuyu1:

EXACTAMUNDO! He tried to pressure them into increasing their defense spend to 2% of GDP. The Euros have long known and finally accepted NATO serves no purpose other than to enrich the US based Anglo Zionist owned arms companies,those same share holders via proxy and subterfuge,btw who've ruined Europe with hordes of rapefugees.
Basically that pic means,"nigga,the same has risen!" I'm 46 making me the oldest,for whoever was asking. I've always known most of you to be young from your exuberantly 'boyish' posts.

lol, this guy.

Post-war Europe is rich because of the US. The exchange has been this: access to the vast US market in and the presence of US troops on EU soil in return, communism must be halted. The idea being that European economic prosperity will stop the spread of domestic communism, while US military presence will stop any conventional threat from the USSR.

As a result, you got the situation whereby Europe was essentially leeching off the US economy.

Perfect example is cars, the US has no meaningful tariffs on cars imported from Europe. Almost all EU nations have extensive tariffs on US cars (5-9%). So, EU car companies get to sell at home without US competition and lucrative access to the US market, while the only market for US cars is the US.

This is but one of many such examples, mainly found in the manufacturing sector.

This was an excellent model during the cold war - Europe grew fat, and its people lost interest in Communism, while US military might kept the USSR at bay and the cost to the US economy and manufacturing base was deemed acceptable.

Problem is, the cold war ended. Yet, this model remains in place. It is extremely expensive for the US and they get nothing in return (anymore). Trump seeks to end this status-quo.

Consider for a moment that the US maintains over 50,000 troops in Europe. Now consider for a moment the fact that Germany has saved over $1 trillion in the past decade by spending less than 2% on defense, something they are able to do because of the US presence on their soil. Trumps goal is to reverse this situation. The way he sees it, Germany owes the US $1 trillion dollars and a big "thank-you Uncle Sam" card in the mail every year grin grin

Its no big Zionist plot, its just a businessman viewing foreign policy like a business.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
patches689:

lol, this guy.

Post-war Europe is rich because of the US. The exchange has been this: access to the vast US market in and the presence of US troops on EU soil in return, communism must be halted. The idea being that European economic prosperity will stop the spread of domestic communism, while US military presence will stop any conventional threat from the USSR.

As a result, you got the situation whereby Europe was essentially leeching off the US economy.

Perfect example is cars, the US has no meaningful tariffs on cars imported from Europe. Almost all EU nations have extensive tariffs on US cars (5-9%). So, EU car companies get to sell at home without US competition and lucrative access to the US market, while the only market for US cars is the US.

This is but one of many such examples, mainly found in the manufacturing sector.

This was an excellent model during the cold war - Europe grew fat, and its people lost interest in Communism, while US military might kept the USSR at bay and the cost to the US economy and manufacturing base was deemed acceptable.

Problem is, the cold war ended. Yet, this model remains in place. It is extremely expensive for the US and they get nothing in return (anymore). Trump seeks to end this status-quo.

Consider for a moment that the US maintains over 50,000 troops in Europe. Now consider for a moment the fact that Germany has saved over $1 trillion in the past decade by spending less than 2% on defense, something they are able to do because of the US presence on their soil. Trumps goal is to reverse this situation. The way he sees it, Germany owes the US $1 trillion dollars and a big "thank-you Uncle Sam" card in the mail every year grin grin

Its no big Zionist plot, its just a businessman viewing foreign policy like a business.

This is very true but your story is one sided.

US influence also grew because of the EU and without the the EU many US sanctions will hold no water.

You also forgot that many EU companies also buy component of their product from US (especially for military equipment). This is why US have control over most weapons being sold to any customer. Only Russia and China are free from this.

Because of demand for this high tech equipments, US R & D have grown tremendously and they also make allot of profit from it.

To me the whole money moving out of US is also returning in another way. The only problem they have is china because 70% of the whole money going to China is not coming back.

I agree with you the guy is thinking the way a business man should but believe me the US influence is at sake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
jln115:
grin grin grin ironic coming from you Lionel.... Judging from your FB pp you aren't to old yourself!!

P. S I did not stalk you on.. .. We are on the same FB group.

Lol... Funny enough most of us meet ourselves on the cyberspace. I've seen most of you on Twitter, Facebook and forums. Even nemesis8u i think i know the dude.

Anyway don't let Facebook pictures fool you.... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
patches689:

lol, this guy.

Yes,you're actually correct-from the US POV. Immediate post WW2 the danger of Soviet invasion was very very real. To practice a W Europe invasion they attacked Finland in '39. The Finns hadn't read the script that said surrender to superior force and fought heroically inflicting heavy casualties on the Russians who retreated ,returned and basically sledgehammered the nation.
As Europe prospered and the later generations took power the very idea of war became anathema and with it the very concept of NATO anachronistic-at the same time the machinations of NATO were realised. You'll say this is "conspiracy theory," but remember its the ex Italian PM,Giulio Andreotti speaking publicly about NATO false flags like the Bologna train station bombing 1980 known as Operation Gladio:
The existence of a clandestine paramilitary network code-named "Operation Gladio" was disclosed last Thursday by Italian Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti in a speech to his nation's Senate. Since then, European officials have described similar operations in most of the other NATO countries.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1990/11/14/cia-organized-secret-army-in-western-europe/e0305101-97b9-4494-bc18-d89f42497d85/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2a2c774fd520

Gladio agent Vincenzo Vinciguerra stated, in sworn testimony:

'You had to attack civilians, the people, women, children, innocent people, [/b]unknown people far removed from any political game. The reason was quite simple: to force ... the public to turn to the state to ask for greater security."
This happened all over Europe,wherein the citizens aren't as brainwashed as Americans further causing anti NATO feelings. Also the blatant recent Ukraine brinkmanship and anti Putin bias hasn't helped the NATO case. Seen this?
42 per cent said they supported withdrawal while[b] just 37 per cent wanted the soldiers to stay, with 21 per cent undecided.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/us-troops-germany-public-opinion-pull-out-nato-summit-merkel-a8442021.html

Imo,this figure is broadly consistent within Europe.

taken in the immediate aftermath of Russia’s 2014 annexation of Crimea found more Germans preferred a position of neutrality than did standing with Western allies. A Pew survey the following year reported majorities in Germany, Italy and France opposed defending a NATO ally hypothetically attacked by Russia
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/05/25/europeans-want-to-break-up-with-america-theyd-do-so-at-their-peril/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
lionel4power:

Lol... Funny enough most of us meet ourselves on the cyberspace. I've seen most of you on Twitter, Facebook and forums. Even nemesis8u i think i know the dude.

grin grin grin

U sure
I would love to see my doppelganger
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
iblawi:

This is very true but your story is one sided.

US influence also grew because of the EU and without the the EU many US sanctions will hold no water.

You also forgot that many EU companies also buy component of their product from US (especially for military equipment). This is why US have control over most weapons being sold to any customer. Only Russia and China are free from this.

Because of demand for this high tech equipments, US R & D have grown tremendously and they also make allot of profit from it.

To me the whole money moving out of US is also returning in another way. The only problem they have is china because 70% of the whole money going to China is not coming back.

I agree with you the guy is thinking the way a business man should but believe me the US influence is at sake.

Lets focus on the military end, name for me (with the exception of the F-35) any peice of US military equipment that has seen large scale adoption in the EU

As for the rest, I am a right-winger, I am familiar with the economic theory of Milton Freidman and Thomas Sowell and their theoretical trade balance models (which dont exist in reality) as well as the role of the petro-dollar in global liquidity. Problem is that they never defined the differentiation between free-trade and fair-trade and they never anticipated the adoption of the dollar as a global fiscal instrument
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
kikuyu1:

Yes,you're actually correct-from the US POV. Immediate post WW2 the danger of Soviet invasion was very very real. To practice a W Europe invasion they attacked Finland in '39. The Finns hadn't read the script that said surrender to superior force and fought heroically inflicting heavy casualties on the Russians who retreated ,returned and basically sledgehammered the nation.
As Europe prospered and the later generations took power the very idea of war became anathema and with it the very concept of NATO anachronistic-at the same time the machinations of NATO were realised. You'll say this is "conspiracy theory," but remember its the ex Italian PM,Giulio Andreotti speaking publicly about NATO false flags like the Bologna train station bombing 1980 known as Operation Gladio:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1990/11/14/cia-organized-secret-army-in-western-europe/e0305101-97b9-4494-bc18-d89f42497d85/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2a2c774fd520

Gladio agent Vincenzo Vinciguerra stated, in sworn testimony:

This happened all over Europe,wherein the citizens aren't as brainwashed as Americans further causing anti NATO feelings. Also the blatant recent Ukraine brinkmanship and anti Putin bias hasn't helped the NATO case. Seen this? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/us-troops-germany-public-opinion-pull-out-nato-summit-merkel-a8442021.html

Imo,this figure is broadly consistent within Europe.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/05/25/europeans-want-to-break-up-with-america-theyd-do-so-at-their-peril/

Ok, so if you know about NATO's stay-behind armies then you know about the "strategy of tension"

Have you considered, even for a second, that todays Islamic terror attacks may be an extension of this strategy?

Who would stand to gain from a strategy that is designed to lead to the rise of the far right?

Who stands to gain, what do they stand to gain and how are you able to prove they are doing it?

Improve the quality of your geopolitical thought experiments if you want to catch (((them)))
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 7:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
ssaengine:
Odd question, out of curiosity. How old is everyone here? I'm 29.
. 25
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by abduleez1(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Even here on a faceless forum you people are still giving "football age" na wa o undecided
kikiki....naija mentality 4 u, wonder y age is such a big deal ova here, probably not to look lyk an ancestor(especially d ladies). . . although na my real age b dat, thats y i dey learn frm my elders(ancestors) over here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2018
patches689:

Lets focus on the military end, name for me (with the exception of the F-35) any peice of US military equipment that has seen large scale adoption in the EU

As for the rest, I am a right-winger, I am familiar with the economic theory of Milton Freidman and Thomas Sowell and their theoretical trade balance models (which dont exist in reality) as well as the role of the petro-dollar in global liquidity. Problem is that they never defined the differentiation between free-trade and fair-trade and they never anticipated the adoption of the dollar as a global fiscal instrument

You just got me WRONG. I was referring to components used in building military equipment not a fully built military equipment.

For example, the gripen you bought from Sweden have US components, the Turkish T-129 have US made components, the Brazilian Tucano, south Korean T-50, several missles built in EU too have some components from US (less than 7 countries in the world can fully build a missile system without importing any of it components), etc. All this give US power to control who they sell weapons to and that gives US more influence too.

Apart from components used to build military equipments, there are several US missiles currently in use today in Europe, Chinook helicopters, Air defense systems, etc that are bought as fully built equipment. You've mentioned the F-35 yourself but even the MEADS is more of a US project not to talk of Patriot missile. The list can be very long.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
iblawi:

You just got me WRONG. I was referring to components used in building military equipment not a fully built military equipment.

For example, the gripen you bought from Sweden have US components, the Turkish T-129 have US made components, the Brazilian Tucano, south Korean T-50, several missles built in EU too have some components from US (less than 7 countries in the world can fully build a missile system without importing any of it components), etc. All this give US power to control who they sell weapons to and that gives US more influence too.

Apart from components used to build military equipments, there are several US missiles currently in use today in Europe, Chinook helicopters, Air defense systems, etc that are bought as fully built equipment. You've mentioned the F-35 yourself but even the MEADS is more of a US project not to talk of Patriot missile. The list can be very long.
Europe (France England n Germany)are about developing its own 5 n 6 gen aircraft
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2018
giles14:
Europe (France England n Germany)are about developing its own 5 n 6 gen aircraft

Yes thanks to trump for making them rethink F-35 purchase. US gradually losing influence over EU.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
iblawi:

Yes thanks to trump for making them rethink F-35 purchase. US gradually losing influence over EU.

US is tired of unnecessarily spending
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
kikuyu1:

Wrong again! Most intl finance agencies accept whatever a nations CB says. Rating agencies however and specific financial forensic guys do due diligence when loans are requested.
That's why the IMF WB will politely smother laughter and repeat your hilarious half trillion USD GDP but refuse to lend a mere six bn USD just over 1% of your entire GDP.
Stop making false claim, Imf refuse Nigeria loan because Nigeria refuses to make reform that was requested by the same imf .
Just like they ask Egypt for a reform b4 they can be granted $12b loan.
Egypt carrys out the reform and he was granted the loan which leads to the devaluation of the Egyptian currency.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 10:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
newafricaken254:
Kenya defence cabinet secretary on board P6129 kenya NAVY KNS Shujaa after its arrival from Netherlands,where it had undergone mid-life refitting
Nemesis come join me.
Sorry u don't like thick pomo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 21, 2018
Odunayaw:
You must be at least 30years!

I would be 21 naira on it grin
What's 21 naira?? About R1??..... Yeah I'll take that bet!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 21, 2018
lionel4power:

G
Haven't met me yet though!!! grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:23am On Jul 21, 2018
jln115:
G Haven't met me yet though!!! grin grin
we both know ourselves. cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:34am On Jul 21, 2018
These are supposedly SA Special Forces (4 SF Regiment). I personally can't verify but the boat looks familiar.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:42am On Jul 21, 2018
Mwari secures first launch customer, rolls off production line.

Paramount Group is currently offering the Mwari as the Bronco II to the United States which is searching for new planes to fulfill it’s Low Intensity Combat Warfare (LICW) role.

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/07/mwari-secures-first-launch-customer-rolls-off-production-line

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 10:55am On Jul 21, 2018
lionel4power:

Paramount Group is currently offering the Mwari as the Bronco II to the United States which is searching for new planes to fulfill it’s Low Intensity Combat Warfare (LICW) role.

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/07/mwari-secures-first-launch-customer-rolls-off-production-line

How much is this aircraft?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 21, 2018
Nigerian army ARA MRAP

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 21, 2018
SternProphet:

Didn't you confidently tell us the ARA was far from being a final product?

I begin to wonder how an arm chair thread contributor has more experience in auto-mobile engineering than real life auto-mobile engineers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 21, 2018
Belgian SFG

Flintlock Senegal

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
SternProphet:

It was not disclosed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
Henry240:

Didn't you confidently tell us the ARA was far from being a final product?

I begin to wonder how an arm chair thread contributor has more experience in auto-mobile engineering than real life auto-mobile engineers.

ARA is not a finished product. I am a mechanical engineer.

I also follow automotive and aerospace technology development processes carefully. The fact that prototypes are on display does not mean development is completed and we are ready for production.

I dont even think all Nigerian Army requirements are incorporated yet. When they are incorporated and development is completed, you won't have N.A. buying just 9 vehicles.

If Proforce is going ahead to procure tooling with an order book less than 100 vehicles, they have my sympathy

The Mwari aircraft is also not ready for production yet. Many years ago, wind tunnel testing alone would taje months but i understand that there are CAE/simulation packages now making things cheaper. Mwari would still need some SI work/certification with sensors and weapons. Then someone takes a decision based on orders received before a company can approach a bank to get financing for initial low rate production .

Sorry the real world is complex but so also is banking which looks easy to non bankers until they start talking about the complexities of risk

PS: One thing I find about Nairaland military threads is that only a few people like NemessisXu know the nitty gritty of military technology and how things really work from laboratories to factories. Every other person seems to think technology is just welding stuff together.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
SternProphet:

ARA is not a finished product. I am a mechanical engineer.

I also follow automotive and aerospace technology development processes carefully. The fact that prototypes are on display does not mean development is completed and we are ready for production.

I dont even think all Nigerian Army requirements are incorporated yet. When they are incorporated and development is completed, you won't have N.A. buying just 9 vehicles.

If Proforce is going ahead to procure tooling with an order book less than 100 vehicles, they have my sympathy

The Mwari aircraft is also not ready for production yet. Many years ago, wind tunnel testing alone would taje months but i understand that there are CAE/simulation packages now making things cheaper. Mwari would still need some SI work/certification with sensors and weapons. Then someone takes a decision based on orders received before a company can approach a bank to get financing for initial low rate production .

Sorry the real world is complex but so also is banking which looks easy to non bankers until they start talking about the complexities of risk

PS: One thing I find about Nairaland military threads is that only a few people like NemessisXu know the nitty gritty of military technology and how things really work from laboratories to factories. Every other person seems to think technology is just welding stuff together.

Thumbs up

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian army ARA MRAP

The one in the middle is a convoy jammer
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
lionel4power:

This pic here should be the poster for all marketing campaigns.

Ability to take off and land on dirt strips etc is really a plus point.

Just package the maintenance and servicing , refueling , ammo checkout and loading and power generators and landing lights / equipments / Comms / ATC into 5 all terrain vehicles

And u have a mobile airfield to support the mwari on ur hands

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
nemesis8u:

This pic here should be the poster for all marketing campaigns.

Ability to take off and land on dirt strips etc is really a plus point.

Just package the maintenance and servicing , refueling , ammo checkout and loading and power generators and landing lights / equipments / Comms / ATC into 5 all terrain vehicles

And u have a mobile airfield to support the mwari on ur hands

This aircraft is perfect for African setting..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
patches689:

Ok, so if you know about NATO's stay-behind armies then you know about the "strategy of tension"

Have you considered, even for a second, that todays Islamic terror attacks may be an extension of this strategy?

Who would stand to gain from a strategy that is designed to lead to the rise of the far right?

Who stands to gain, what do they stand to gain and how are you able to prove they are doing it?

Improve the quality of your geopolitical thought experiments if you want to catch (((them)))

Dude,I did this before, IIRC you screamed the loudest! Brussels airport bombing 2016 and Paris attack were false flags designed to punish Euros for not supporting the Globalist anti Islam agenda. So was Norway 2011 wherein Breivlik was patsy and Madrid 2004 train bomb-recall they'd decided to pull out of Afghanistan and one of their returning jets suffered a catastrophic in flight failure killing 2 full coys of their infantry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: mekussa(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.