Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5978478 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2018
And people say we have a government.....If they cannot properly handle logistics for a game is it warfare they would be able to handle The height of foolery!!!!

newafricaken254:
off topic :'This mess keeps getting messier': How this year's African Athletics Championships descended into chaos

Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)The 2018 African Senior Athletics Championships, ongoing in Nigeria, should have bolstered relations between the participating 52 African nations and showcased the country's abilities to host world-class events.
Instead, it has descended into chaos and seen countries such as Tanzania pull out of the games over what they say is poor organization and a lack of communication from organizers.
The games kicked off on Wednesday. However, many of the athletes were still hundreds of miles away from the venue, stranded at the Murtala Muhammad International airport in Lagos.

The Kenyan team had arrived in Lagos on Monday afternoon but did not leave for Asaba, where the games are being held in southeast Nigeria, until Wednesday.
Some of the athletes say they faced visa issues and others were forced to camp at the airport because there were no connecting flights.Photos of top African athletes sleeping on the floor surrounded by their luggage at the airport were posted on social media, sparking anger. Athletics Tanzania decided to pull out of the competition after hearing about the chaos, its secretary said.
Major events, including the women's 100-meter race scheduled for the first day, were postponed because of organizing problems, organizers Confederation of Africa Athletics. or CAA, said The stranded Kenyan athletes eventually traveled to Asaba on Wednesday morning, where they competed in the 10,000-meter race on the same day.
Kenya's sports ministry has reacted furiously to the way its athletes were treated and said it would petition the world body, the International Association of Athletics Federation, and the CAA.
Some have questioned Asaba's preparedness to host the competition, which serves as a qualifier for the IAAF Continental Cup in Ostrava, the Czech Republic in September. "It is beyond our comprehension why Asaba was given the rights to host an event of this caliber without putting into consideration the logistics around the connecting flights. As a country, we are disappointed we have to go through this kind of treatment, and we intend to petition the IAAF and the CAA over this kind of confusion," Kenya's chief administrative secretary for sport, Hassan Noor Hassan, said in a statement.
Wesley Botton, chief sports reporter for The Citizen newspaper in South Africa, tweeted that he didn't have a hotel room nor media accreditation to enter the stadium. "No hotel rooms available and no accreditation for us to get into the stadium, less than an hour before the start of the African Athletics Champs. This mess keeps getting messier. That's my grumpy face #Asaba2018," Botton tweeted.
Although, he later added on Twitter that "after a horribly, wobbly start. The local organising committee really pulled through today at the African Championships in Asaba. With all the criticism they've received, glad to see them reacting and pulling up their socks. Great day of athletics."
Tanzania pulls out
However, the turnaround was too late for the Tanzanian team, which decided not to take part in the games on Thursday.
Athletics Tanzania's secretary Wilhelm Gidabuday said the team made the difficult decision to back out because of concerns over a lack of information about visas.
Gidabuday said immigration letters that would guarantee its athletes a visa on arrival in Nigeria were sent a day before the championship.
"When the letters were sent, it was even sent via Whatsapp and not email. We saw what happened to the Kenyan team and we can't risk that happening to our athletes. We will wait 'til next year to compete," Gidabuday said.
He said even though athletes were supposed to register online for the biannual championship, his team's officials traveled to Nigeria three weeks ago to confirm its participation.
"The website was not working, so we traveled to Asaba because we were so keen on participating. We are not angry, but we are disappointed," Gidabuday added.Tanzania's absence at the championship scuttles the team's chances of competing at the 2018 IAAF Continental Cup later this year.
But local organizing committee chairman Chief Solomon Ogba at a media briefing Thursday in Asaba said the Tanzanian team confirmed their participation and travel plans at the competition late.
"Their decision to be in Nigeria was a late one by them, and that was what affected them. Technically, they were not registered and so it cannot really be classified as withdrawal," Ogba said.
According to Gidabuday, he registered five athletes when he visited Asaba in July.
"I registered them right there in Asaba in July. Why would I have come to Asaba?" he said.
"It's not my home. We are not there because the organizers did not send visa invitations on time," he added. link https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/03/africa/african-athletics-championship-chaos/index.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
kenpaul0:
And people say we have a government.....If they cannot properly handle logistics for a game is it warfare they would be able to handle The height of foolery!!!!

Do your best to make research about something before going full blast and unaimed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 05, 2018
nemesis8u:
Henry240

Remember not so long ago u accused me of well lot of things when I said that the T129 sale will not proceed unless US gives export clearance for the engines and other components

I don't depend on media reports but since u do , I have one for u.

U.S. crisis snags Turkey's record $1.5 billion helicopter deal

https://ahvalnews.com/us-turkey/us-crisis-snags-turkeys-record-15-billion-helicopter-deal

So my friend I hope u won't be that hasty in passing the judgement on me again in the future grin

2 different events. What i called you out for was your comments that the dire situation of the Pakistani economy won't let the deal sail through.

This link you shared is of a totally different cause. Sanctions from the US to Turkey because of strained political environment.

Don't be too quick to praise yourself.

Economics and politics are two different things. Your initial reason was because of economics.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:34am On Aug 05, 2018
kenpaul0:

The organizers Messed up. This has nothing to do with the government.

They should have prepared for the competition properly.
Local Flight issue,
Visa problem,
Accommodation wahala,
Athletes denied access to stadium, etc have nothing to do with the government but the organizers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 9:19am On Aug 05, 2018
lionel4power:
when you have die hard soldiers like this under your watch...

You can boldly make such comments and mean them..
america military is a well oil machine,able to achieve insurmountable goals,with men and women built to to break the ceiling.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 05, 2018
nemesis8u:
Henry240

Remember not so long ago u accused me of well lot of things when I said that the T129 sale will not proceed unless US gives export clearance for the engines and other components

I don't depend on media reports but since u do , I have one for u.

U.S. crisis snags Turkey's record $1.5 billion helicopter deal

https://ahvalnews.com/us-turkey/us-crisis-snags-turkeys-record-15-billion-helicopter-deal

So my friend I hope u won't be that hasty in passing the judgement on me again in the future grin

"is being threatened by a diplomatic crisis with the United States, Hurriyet newspaper reported".

Dude, did you even read your own link?

It's no fault of Pakistan, neither is it been threatened by Pakistan's economic situation. This was your argument.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 10:37am On Aug 05, 2018
Henry240:

"is being threatened by a diplomatic crisis with the United States, Hurriyet newspaper reported".

Dude, did you even read your own link?

It's no fault of Pakistan, neither is it been threatened by Pakistan's economic situation. This was your argument.
if they think they can threaten Turkish deal with Pakistan,what about their own deal with turkey to sell them F-35,Which its allies are opting not to acquire or obtain less of the platforms! while Lockheed martin is expecting sales,to eventually assist in reducing F-35 Price tag !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
The National Gun Owners Association , NGAO-Kenya, held its first IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) 2018 competition, at its facility in Kirigiti Kiambu County. The competition drew participants from different shooting ranges and COFs. The competition aimed at fostering proficiency and effectiveness in handling guns as well as ethical adherence as governed by the Law. Periodically, the Association holds same competition for both its members and non-members. To learn more about the competition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4nryj_CDO8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
kenya president arrival by KAF VIP MI-17 Helicopter at a graduation ceremony for kenya paramilitary GSU Officers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrxyo-r3UMM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by golfsierra: 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2018
KDF Rangers

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by golfsierra: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
ocelot2006:

Looks like Instructor Zero with those GSU Operators.

I thought so to. He sure looks like him and a point of correction those are Administration Police Rural Border Patrol Unit trained by US and British Marines
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
The Vice Chief of Defence Forces Lt Gen Robert Kibochi has handed over command of the Kenya Army to Lt Gen Walter Raria. Lt Gen Raria, who is now the 21st Commander of the Kenya Army, served as the Deputy Army Commander for the past two years under the stewardship of the VCDF.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2018
newafricaken254:
The Vice Chief of Defence Forces Lt Gen Robert Kibochi has handed over command of the Kenya Army to Lt Gen Walter Raria. Lt Gen Raria, who is now the 21st Commander of the Kenya Army, served as the Deputy Army Commander for the past two years under the stewardship of the VCDF.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
Guess I am a fool

But now I sure know who to avoid and give a pass.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
nemesis8u:
Guess I am a fool
But now I sure know who to avoid and give a pass.
You're smarter than half of us on on this forum.

If you're dumb.... I wonder what i am.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
Heres something to cheer nemesis8u

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
lionel4power:
Heres something to cheer nemesis8u

All I see here is tactical error... Babes got their rear widely open like tho they are unclad on the bed waiting to be jingozed grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
abiodunalasa:

All I see here is tactical error... Babes got their rear widely open like tho they are unclad on the bed waiting to be jingozed grin
The picture was taken by another lady soldier with a GoPro camera.
How about that? undecided undecided undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
lionel4power:

You're smarter than half of us on on this forum.

If you're dumb.... I wonder what i am.
Half of us on this forum shocked shocked shocked That is over a million people.
Speak for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
AMISOM Somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Four troop.

The last lady is the rear guard.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
Nigerian police vehicles in Mali

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bronco II - Bronco Combat Systems

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:48am On Aug 06, 2018
Henry240:
AMISOM Somalia

That would be the effect of a very powerful V.B.I.E.D
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:48am On Aug 06, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian police vehicles in Mali

Do you have any idea on I.D of those MRAPS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 11:23am On Aug 06, 2018
My brother Africa as a whole have issues with Leadership.....If the head is rotten would do you expect of the body....Now see this article about South Africa and tell me whether we should not ask the Europeans to come back and teach us again...since the Youths are so scared to take over power from this Old men who have nothing to offer.....https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/04/world/africa/south-africa-anc-david-mabuza.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

iblawi:

The organizers Messed up. This has nothing to do with the government.

They should have prepared for the competition properly.
Local Flight issue,
Visa problem,
Accommodation wahala,
Athletes denied access to stadium, etc have nothing to do with the government but the organizers.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
Some cool vid on Taurus missile being tested at Overberg test range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppi3Pp6RXNU

ssaengine:
Bronco II - Bronco Combat Systems

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 07, 2018
bidexiii:

Do you have any idea on I.D of those MRAPS
They are not MRAPs, just normal APCs. Produced by a Canadian company.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 07, 2018
Oldies . an ISU-152 a world war II Soviet self-propelled gun .

Algerian army

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:17am On Aug 07, 2018
DSS

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 10:19am On Aug 07, 2018
Gavin Williamson, Secretary of State for Defence of the United Kingdom,during his visit in somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 10:21am On Aug 07, 2018
newafricaken254:
Gavin Williamson, Secretary of State for Defence of the United Kingdom,during his visit in somalia

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.