Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5958151 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2018
newafricaken254:
the west does care,except when they are favoring dictator that side with them.i have seen those videos,[b]africans need to wake up and realise we alone can solve our own problem[/b]s"not the west or anyone else"recently a pastor was arrested in turkey,trump administration days later sanctioned turkey and issue more threats.wait and see what will happen when ramaphosa start taking land from whites in south Africa.

Alot of hunan right activists and organization reported those gruesome video to CNN, BBC and Aljazera etc, Only Aljazera showed interest in the story . Other giant media houses turned a deaf hear on the story.

As you rightly said only Africans can prefer solution to her problems.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2018
Former Kenya air force de Havilland Canada DHC-4 Caribou ,it operated the type from 1966–1987.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2018
golfsierra:
GSU Recce Coy
those helmets are revision batlskin viper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W7B3w_sAA8

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2018
You were 250m away from a nuke blast?
Hows your thyroid cancer doing 20 years later numbnuts ?
Explain to me how you set off any size nuke without fallout or ANY detectable radiation afterwards.
Above ground explosions will absolutely dig a crater. Google "truck bomb crater" . I guess all of the hundreds of truck bombs that went off all over the world in the last 50 years were "Jew-nukes" right ?

kikuyu1:
Almost forgot its the 20th anniversary of the US embassy micro nuke bombing. I was less than 250 m away standing next to a 7 story building that shook like a tree in a gale. It actually registered as a seismic event at the Uni. My own info has it it was planted in the basement and the truck bomb was a diversion.
The whole event was most likely classic Anglo Zionist false flag-the 2nd Congo war kicked off the same week and such events serve to distract having media and the public transfixed in one direction while poo goes down in another direction. The Tutsis have always been willing Zionist agents and fyi,ex IDF serve Rwanda in the DRC.
These are the bulky man portable Special Atomic Demolition Munitions of the early 60s,only recently declassified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H_ifsaMSvU

They're much smaller with scalable yield of 5 to 0.01 kilotons nowadays perfect for taking out a building or a bridge with much less harmful fallout than the early weapons of decades back. In fact experts say Shlomo has used at least 2 in both Syrian and Yemen along with many 'terrorist' bomb atrocities.
Btw,a major tell is the giant crater the BBC/CNN/SKY claim was made by the blast wave of the truck bomb. Impossible since blast waves follow the line of least resistance,meaning the wave travels straight into the air. The massive hole means the micro nuke was buried. First was Khobar barracks 1996,remember? Second Islamabad 2008.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 4:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
I'm assuming they'd do a "Zero flight hour" rebuild of all the majorly stressed components like they did with the Cheetah. They developed all new composite wings for the Cheetah that never made it to production. Those C models are still flying today. As far as engines go , they had over a lot of new Atar's in stock. Extra engines were bought when we acquired the F1's. The Russian engines (super mirage) would also be an option.

The Cheetah C (1995/7) had a minimum 15 year service expectancy and had two 5 year pre-planned life extensions. Those mirage III airframes were considerably older than the F-1's so , it's not inconceivable that a F1 upgrade could make it to 2030-35 with midlife extensions. The F1 was a much more capable aircraft to start with than the Mirage III. An Atlas upgrade would have been formidable. The current SAAF Gripen would have a tough time against a Elta radar/ R-Darter BVR equipped F1.
As a bonus, most of the $1.8Bn would have been spent in SA. That would make it much harder for corrupt politicians to hide the money.(Dont mess with SARS !)

Ironically ,I might get to see the last Cheetahs in action. The US company that bought them aren't far from where I live. We have lots of airshows here and I wouldn't be surprised if they make an appearance. Lots of private migs etc. participate every year along with the USAF.

Here's a pick of what a mid-life upgraded Cheetah C might have looked like.

ssaengine:

I personally don't think there would have been much room to maneuver on upgrades. Even if Denel pulled out all the stops, just from an airframe fatigue point of view....they wouldn't have been able to carry us up until 2030+ like Gripen is expected to do.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Litmus: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
bidexiii:

Alot of hunan right activists and organization reported those gruesome video to CNN, BBC and Aljazera etc, Only Aljazera showed interest in the story . Other giant media houses turned a deaf hear on the story.

As you rightly said only Africans can prefer solution to her problems.

Africa brotherlyness isn't going to help Nigeria, especially since Nigerians alone seem fixated on the concept. Interestingly you stated that many activists and organisations reported gruesome videos to CNN, BBC and other giant media houses on the subject but only Al-Jazeera showed interest. This may signal unifinished domant story awaiting resurrection and reinterpretation at some point in future. Nigeria could lay the matter to rest finally by calling attentions to these atrocities in Cameroon by positioning ourselves as a responsible Nation concernd about human rights abuse. We could call publicly for independent inquiries into these incidents so that the situation is owned by the rightful creators. If not, don't be surprised if in the near future it segways into a Nigerian human rights abuse example.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Litmus: 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2018
Talking of Africa brotherlyness, I wonder if Nigeria military gains against Bokoharam would be any worst today if we had gone it alone and spent that which we invested in the multinational forces on our military, including police and secret services, and borders....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by golfsierra: 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
At least five Kenya Defence Forces soldiers were Wednesday killed and six others wounded after their vehicle ran over a homemade bomb between Bodhei area, Boni Forest Lamu County.
The soldiers were riding on a lorry when it ran over an IED in Kwa Omolo area.
Witnesses said the vehicle was moving from Baragoni towards Bodhei and was extensively damaged in the Wednesday morning incident.
The incident happened in the forest that has been experiencing a lull of attacks in the past months due to various measures taken by authorities. The measures include deployment of special units in the area to deal with Al-Shabaab terrorists who are operating there.
The area is under special operation code named Operation Linda Boni to flush out the terrorists there.
It came a day after Kenya and Tanzania on Tuesday marked 20 years since the devastating US embassy bombings that thrust Al-Qaeda onto the global stage and went on to shape how a generation thinks about personal security.
It was mid-morning on August 7, 1998, when the first massive blast hit the US embassy in Nairobi, followed minutes later by an explosion in Dar es Salaam, killing a total of 224 people and injuring around 5,000 — almost all of them Africans.
The device is suspected to have been planted by Al-Shabaab militants.
Masalani, Sangailu, Ijara and Handaro are all within the Linda Boni Operation zone.
The multi-agency operation seeks to flush out Al-Shabaab militants from Boni Forest.
More than 100 security agents have been killed in Lamu, Garissa, Wajir and Mandera Counties in IED attacks in past three years alone.
The attack comes just days after Boni honey harvesters saw more than 200 heavily armed suspected Al-Shabaab militants at Belasange-Jima 2, within Boni Forest in Lamu West, causing fear in the neighbouring Pandanguo village.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2018
Oldies...

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2018
61mech:
I'm assuming they'd do a "Zero flight hour" rebuild of all the majorly stressed components like they did with the Cheetah. They developed all new composite wings for the Cheetah that never made it to production. Those C models are still flying today. As far as engines go , they had over a lot of new Atar's in stock. Extra engines were bought when we acquired the F1's. The Russian engines (super mirage) would also be an option.

The Cheetah C (1995/7) had a minimum 15 year service expectancy and had two 5 year pre-planned life extensions. Those mirage III airframes were considerably older than the F-1's so , it's not inconceivable that a F1 upgrade could make it to 2030-35 with midlife extensions. The F1 was a much more capable aircraft to start with than the Mirage III. An Atlas upgrade would have been formidable. The current SAAF Gripen would have a tough time against a Elta radar/ R-Darter BVR equipped F1.
As a bonus, most of the $1.8Bn would have been spent in SA. That would make it much harder for corrupt politicians to hide the money.(Dont mess with SARS !)

Ironically ,I might get to see the last Cheetahs in action. The US company that bought them aren't far from where I live. We have lots of airshows here and I wouldn't be surprised if they make an appearance. Lots of private migs etc. participate every year along with the USAF.

Here's a pick of what a mid-life upgraded Cheetah C might have looked like.

I get you, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of zero hour-ing an airframe and returning it to frontline use. Especially if you'll be adding your own components to the airframe. End up with a mix and match of components from all over the show, and if a certain supplier closed down 20 years ago that's an added cost. It's possible yes, but I'm not a fan. I would personally rather spend that cash on a family of weapons systems to integrate on a new platform. The Gripen package was meant to have come with SRAAM's, BRAAM's, stand off weapons etc.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:00am On Aug 11, 2018
sudan soldiers during training in china

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 11, 2018
Nigerian Air Force A-109 door gunner with his "Ma Deuce".

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 11, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force A-109 door gunner with his "Ma Deuce".

I wanted to shout " this is M2 Browning" but I made little research and discovered that it is a. k. a. Ma Deuce
Lovely gun thru and thru... I got some videos where the US Marines were firing the beast during training. Sweet thing. kiss
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 11, 2018
This guy is so gucci up... kiss
What unit is this abeg?

cc: Henry 240
Bidex111
allexpensive

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by allexpensive: 7:34am On Aug 11, 2018
abiodunalasa:
What unit is this abeg?

Bidex111
allexpensive

No idea of his unit in Nigeria. I'm sure he's Pakistani trained by SSG.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:58am On Aug 11, 2018
newafricaken254:
Former Kenya air force de Havilland Canada DHC-4 Caribou ,it operated the type from 1966–1987.

IIRC this replaced the 4 engine Blackburn Beverly,an ugly byatch with a useful 20 T payload.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:28am On Aug 11, 2018
61mech:
You were 250m away from a nuke blast?
Hows your thyroid cancer doing 20 years later numbnuts ?
Explain to me how you set off any size nuke without fallout or ANY detectable radiation afterwards.
Above ground explosions will absolutely dig a crater. Google "truck bomb crater" . I guess all of the hundreds of truck bombs that went off all over the world in the last 50 years were "Jew-nukes" right ?

Son,calm your flaming tittays! This world is not the you think! I told you modern tactical,mini and micro nukes are much cleaner and emit alpha not gamma or beta radiation undetectable by standard Geiger counter.

First pic is Bali to compare with 1000 pound Omagh blast that didn't leave a crater

Bali bomb and the 1000 pound Omagh blast. Only a sub surface or falling bomb can leave a crater.

Bali is 22 feet by 5 feet deep.

You're entitled to your opinion but here's Jeff Smith,physicist and former IAEA inspector on modern secret mini nuke warfare including use of bunker busters. If anyone has a reliable analysis on this issue its him -NOT ME OR YOU!

The inventories we see evidence of that Saudi Arabia seems to have include tactical nuclear weapons and in particular, neutron bombs that only Israel is producing.]
https://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/02/19/time-to-stop-pretending-saudi-arabia-doesnt-have-nuclear-weapons/

This vid shows distinctive neutrino release in a Saudi nuking of Yemen 2 yrs back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-FimlTyYnA

There's other ways of identifying micro nuke blasts. The sheer power of the explosion shown here as in Bali where the CONCRETE WAS COMPLETELY STRIPPED FROM REBAR 50 FT AWAY. C4,Ammonium nitrate or TNT doesn't do that and leave a 5 foot hole.

This link is a lot of reading;the kind of thing you should tread twice with the TV/phone/tab off,rest and read again.

Bali Micro Nuke - Lack of Radiation Confuses "Experts"
"The bomb flashed and exploded like a micro nuke, but our Geiger counters don't show any radiation

http://www.adriandw.com/Bali_Micro_Nuke.htm

The guy behind that link,Joe Vialls is the same Aussie who immediately revealed the Israeli false flag in Mombasa,November 2002 so I trust him.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:12am On Aug 11, 2018
abiodunalasa:
What unit is this abeg?

Bidex111
allexpensive

Hahahahaaa... grin

Very old picture, I dont know is unit also. Probably a NA commando.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2018
golfsierra:
At least five Kenya Defence Forces soldiers were Wednesday killed and six others wounded after their vehicle ran over a homemade bomb between Bodhei area, Boni Forest Lamu County.
The soldiers were riding on a lorry when it ran over an IED in Kwa Omolo area.
Witnesses said the vehicle was moving from Baragoni towards Bodhei and was extensively damaged in the Wednesday morning incident.
The incident happened in the forest that has been experiencing a lull of attacks in the past months due to various measures taken by authorities. The measures include deployment of special units in the area to deal with Al-Shabaab terrorists who are operating there.
The area is under special operation code named Operation Linda Boni to flush out the terrorists there.
It came a day after Kenya and Tanzania on Tuesday marked 20 years since the devastating US embassy bombings that thrust Al-Qaeda onto the global stage and went on to shape how a generation thinks about personal security.
It was mid-morning on August 7, 1998, when the first massive blast hit the US embassy in Nairobi, followed minutes later by an explosion in Dar es Salaam, killing a total of 224 people and injuring around 5,000 — almost all of them Africans.
The device is suspected to have been planted by Al-Shabaab militants.
Masalani, Sangailu, Ijara and Handaro are all within the Linda Boni Operation zone.
The multi-agency operation seeks to flush out Al-Shabaab militants from Boni Forest.
More than 100 security agents have been killed in Lamu, Garissa, Wajir and Mandera Counties in IED attacks in past three years alone.
The attack comes just days after Boni honey harvesters saw more than 200 heavily armed suspected Al-Shabaab militants at Belasange-Jima 2, within Boni Forest in Lamu West, causing fear in the neighbouring Pandanguo village.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PreciousBro: 11:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
I often wonder whose military intelligence is more superior in Africa. Nigeria has to weigh in more on this. Any idea from a well informed person?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:57am On Aug 12, 2018
PreciousBro:
I often wonder whose military intelligence is more superior in Africa. Nigeria has to weigh in more on this. Any idea from a well informed person?
is like you are in the mood for another thread melt down. This sort of questions are not asked here

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:59am On Aug 12, 2018
In the area of Armor, South Africa did well

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2018
kikuyu1:
Where are our Saffas? Are they AWOL or in deep poo? They've all gone dark for a week! Patches689,jln115,ssaengine,Mikeza,pls pop a smoke so we can find your loc and send an Oryx!

Been travelling my dude: Johannesburg -> Hawaii -> Japan -> Singapore -> Hong-Kong -> Shanghai -> Hong-Kong -> Johannesburg

Japan, Singapore and Shanghai for work. The rest for pleasure cool

Ps: I am not even listing the bazillion lay-overs I had. Goddamn, I am so jet-lagged even my ass doesnt know when its time to sh1t.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
just saying it high time pix posted are watermarked.

plenty pix thief everywhere
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2018
Namibian Police's Special Reserve Force is having a busy week

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
bidexiii:

These are serious war crimes the French, there colonia masters are folding there hands doing nothing, likewise the rest European and western countries. If it was Nigeria there would be enough sanctions levied against us by now.

@newafricaken254 should have seen these videos and so many others, I watched some on your twitter account. there was these particular one with woman backing there babies and children at there sides been escorted into a bush part and been murdered in cold blood.

But it's not on Nigerian soil.
most of the people killed in all these videos are English speaking part in Cameroon. And they where labelled having affiliates with terrorist activities, wife and families of BHT.

Most of these allegations are false, I see these has another tribal cleansing happening in Africa.

Drunkard
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
[quote author=CAMNEWTON4PRES post=70219314]

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Drunkard

If u disagree u don't have to start with insults.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
Field0Marshall:

Do you really have to start with an insult.... Get Ur facts straight bros... The killinhs don't happen on Nigerian soil... If they did Nigerian govt would have taken some actions to protect it territory...
The only fault this Nigeria had was extraditing some Cameroonian English speaking elders to Cameroon to get murdered while Nigeria has no extradition treaty with the Cameroonians

Boy please soldiers and military personels are shooting Andy killing you like fowls in broad daylight in the streets of Lagos on a daily basis and this one wants to open his mouth ? Nigeria has a ragtag army that doesn’t value human lives and don’t follow due process , so it’s very funny when some of you punksnroaming this board want to use the actions of 3-4 people as a systemic problem in in Cameroon . We have the most professional and effective army in the whole west-central sub region hands down . The people in the video have already been arrested and in jail whereas in nigeria it wouldn’t have been the case . Backforward we remember videos of American soldiers peeing of afghan girls and corpses , I guess Nigeria should also try to give them lessons on human rights blah blah the irony . For where ?

Coke to cameroon and see for yourself or ask your brothers here for a Cameroonian policeman to shoot at a civilian is unheard of . Unlike in Nigeria where simple routine check are deadly

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2018
[quote author=CAMNEWTON4PRES post=70219904][quote]We have the most professional and effective army in the whole west-central sub region hands down .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
We need the mods?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 10:29am On Aug 13, 2018
kenya national police service has emerged overall winner of the Riffle and Pistol Shooting category beating the closest rivals and hosts tanzania who clinched 2nd position with Rwanda closing the medal standings at position three. 2018 East African Police Chiefs Cooperation (EAPCCO) Games in Tanzania.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: neyobills and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.