Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5992953 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 11:15am On Nov 11, 2018
Henry240:

That's exactly why we're all laughing. grin grin

Considering how long you've been following military matters, it's embarrassing to hear you say that. So yesterday was the first day you saw such an image? How sad. Thank God for Reddit.

Dear Henry. Once a paratrooper leaves an aircraft (whether he is American, South African or Nigerian) what is the major factor which determines his direction? How much control does he have over the path he follows?

If you knew the answer to that you'd know the image you are looking at is common. His training is what helped him stay calm and open his reserve.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 11, 2018
ssaengine:

Considering how long you've been following military matters, it's embarrassing to hear you say that. So yesterday was the first day you saw such an image? How sad. Thank God for Reddit.

Dear Henry. Once a paratrooper leaves an aircraft (whether he is American, South African or Nigerian) what is the major factor which determines his direction? How much control does he have over the path he follows?

If you knew the answer to that you'd know the image you are looking at is common. His training is what helped him stay calm and open his reserve.
No, the soldier's incompetence put him in that situation.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 11:30am On Nov 11, 2018
Henry240:

Lol okay. Cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by numbered(m): 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
Henry240:
Poor quality screenshot.

However it shows a side view and the central 360 degrees weapon station mount on the Wolf special forces vehicle.
What a nice vehicle,should be easily carried by our C-130's.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2018
Morocco received this days two new King Air 350 ER maritime patrol

With electronics :
- Système ATOS (Airborne Tactical Observation and Surveillance)
- Le radar AESA type Seaspray 7300E
- IFF
- DATA LINK 11
- Integrated mission management system
- FLIR night visiin type EOST23

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
Algerian1:
Morocco received this days two new King Air 350 ER maritime patrol

With electronics :
- Système ATOS (Airborne Tactical Observation and Surveillance)
- Le radar AESA type Seaspray 7300E
- IFF
- DATA LINK 11
- Integrated mission management system
- FLIR night visiin type EOST23
did you see my mention? pls reply this particular mention
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
Henry240:
Poor quality screenshot.

However it shows a side view and the central 360 degrees weapon station mount on the Wolf special forces vehicle.
It beats me that NA has been mute on this vehicle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2018
MiddleDimension:
did you see my mention? pls reply this particular mention

Yes i sent you a mail wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
Henry240:

South-African Apartheid soldiers during the border war

Really? Should we then refer to Nigerian soldiers who served during your various military regimes, not as Nigerian soldiers, but as "anti-democracy, authoritarian/dictatorship soldiers"?
I say this as someone whose parents served in the resistance to Apartheid.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2018
Henry240:
South-African Paratroopers got themselves entangled in the air.

Because such mishaps will happen. Everyone at that show came away re-assured because the training kicked in, the guys extricated themselves and a tragedy was averted! In fact, there's a popular video on youtube illustrating exactly how properly trained these paras were in how they recovered.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2018
Such accidents happen , recently a para SF died when his main chute got tangled and he failed to open his reserve chute as his hands got tangled with the main chute.

Nothing funny in a life or death situation

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
frumentius:

Really? Should we then refer to Nigerian soldiers who served during your various military regimes, not as Nigerian soldiers, but as "anti-democracy, authoritarian/dictatorship soldiers"?

You're jewish, arent you

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2018
bidex111:

grin shocked grin

Fairly common event

Just go to youtube and type in "paratrooper accident"

Videos from across the globe come in, hence why paratroopers across the globe are elite units - they require extensive training due to the high risk nature of paratrooping

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2018
Henry240:

When the Nigerian Army does its first combat jump... or even regularly does training jumps... you can come talk about incompetence

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sizzorkay:
"Is there a Nigerian company worth even $100 million?"

There, in plain English, you typed that. But since you've made sort of a correction, i hear ya

What is *context*
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
Could better spacing have avoided such incident? Just curious, i know nada about military matters lol.
But if they jump with good amount of pause one after the other, and they timed at which altitude to open their chute, could that have helped? Now of course I'm sure they thought about all that, just wondering out loud.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2018
patches689:

You're jewish, arent you

grin grin grin
The tribe's blood in me has been diluted to the point of non-existence. The reconquista in the Iberian peninsula saw to that.
Sadly, I'm not privy to all the secrets of how to rule the world grin grin grin.

Seriously though, my grandfather fought the Nazis - as did yours by the way - and it was a natural progression to fight Apartheid. As kids with white skins we were taught our parents were not fighting white people, but a system of government which discriminated on the basis of skin colour. .
And that's why I lose it when 2nd rate accountants here smear anyone who's ever taken the uniform

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sizzorkay:
Could better spacing have avoided such incident? Just curious, i know nada about military matters lol.
But if they jump with good amount of pause one after the other, and they timed at which altitude to open their chute, could that have helped? Now of course I'm sure they thought about all that, just wondering out loud.

The chutes open automatically when leaving the aircraft. From then on, it's pretty much the wind that takes you (although they know the general area in which they'll land). So every now and then paratroopers will bump into each other and tangle.

As opposed to pathfinders that have different types of parachutes which are far more controllable.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 11, 2018
ssaengine:

Are you seriously debating with the same character who posted a video here of a basic jump at some graduation ceremony, and falsely labelled it as a "combat jump behind enemy lines"?

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sizzorkay:
The paratroopers were incompetent. The aircraft isn't static in the air. There is space after each jump. It's not as common as the South-Africans are claiming.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 6:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
Lol, wanna start something Henry haha.
But yea, that's what i was thinking, since they jump from a moving aircraft, colliding in the air shouldn't be a common thing, but like i said, I'm not expert.
Sure it's not funny for the guys tangled up there, but i gotta say, it's a bit hilarious to see in pic or video grin

Henry240:

The paratroopers were incompetent. The aircraft isn't static in the air. There is space after each jump. It's not as common as the South-Africans are claiming.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sizzorkay:
But yea, that's what i was thinking, since they jump from a moving aircraft, colliding in the air shouldn't be a common thing, but like i said, I'm not expert.
Sure it's not funny for the guys tangled up there, but i gotta say, it's a bit hilarious to see in pic or video grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sizzorkay:

You don't have to be an expert in military anything. Just be an expert in being a human being. If it has already been explained to you that the parachutes open immediately after exiting the aircraft.... what part is left to be incompetent about?

Are the parachutes in the pic you see controllable? Can a typical paratrooper move himself left, right in that type of parachute? They are simple drifting to the ground. This doesn't require you to be an expert in anything, just be an adult and open your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2018
frumentius:

Are you seriously debating with the same character who posted a video here of a basic jump at some graduation ceremony, and falsely labelled it as a "combat jump behind enemy lines"?

Lol I didn't know this. But not surprised.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2018
Incompetent US Army Paratroopers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MAx7TWf_Hc

Incompetent British Paratroopers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBjKumqxFXA

Incompetent Austrian Paratroopers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHT8Y8zgxzs

I could list even more.....

Just ignore our resident fatty Henry240, probably just in a bad mood because he hasn't eaten yet.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sizzorkay:
That's just lame.
Now this whole thing with Denel, no need for forth and back, people should let that go.
The richest man on that continent is Nigerian, with multi-billion dollar companies, and there are many more.
Google is your friend, His name is Dangote, one out of many

IS DANGOTE YOUR UNCLE!? On another thread we Kenyans questioned the 'Dangote' mantra. FYI, if it's a question of purely money RSA has at least several guys 3x bigger than him. One is Opp enheimer, check him out before bleating about your Northern money man,conduit for corrupt money laundering and nothing more. His history shows his fortune was made by monopolies in conjunction with your ruling military!
AS A KENYAN I'M NEUTRAL IN YOUR REFLEX ANTI SAFFAISM: UNTIL IT MESSES UP THIS THREAD!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
ssaengine:

Lol I didn't know this. But not surprised.
There are reasons "he" has never repudiated my open characterisation of "him" as a liar!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2018
jln115:

Just ignore our resident fatty Henry240, probably just in a bad mood because he hasn't eaten yet.

You don't post anything related until it's time to post off-topic, that's where most of you South-Africans are king.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2018
frumentius:

Because such mishaps will happen. Everyone at that show came away re-assured because the training kicked in, the guys extricated themselves and a tragedy was averted! In fact, there's a popular video on youtube illustrating exactly how properly trained these paras were in how they recovered.

No sir, they are not common. It's the incompetence of those soldiers that put them in that situation.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2018
frumentius:

Are you ashamed of your history?

Was my labelling of the soldiers in that photo wrong?

If so, can you point it out, I'll make corrections in the future.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 8:19pm On Nov 11, 2018
kikuyu1:

IS DANGOTE YOUR UNCLE!? On another thread we Kenyans questioned the 'Dangote' mantra. FYI, if it's a question of purely money RSA has at least several guys 3x bigger than him. One is Opp enheimer, check him out before bleating about your Northern money man,conduit for corrupt money laundering and nothing more. His history shows his fortune was made by monopolies in conjunction with your ruling military!
AS A KENYAN I'M NEUTRAL IN YOUR REFLEX ANTI SAFFAISM: UNTIL IT MESSES UP THIS THREAD!

Are you sure you're neutral? Every other person look stupid except Kenyan abi? Everyone is stupid to believe dangote is the richest black man because Kenyans say so.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 11, 2018
Odunayaw:
It beats me that NA has been mute on this vehicle.
It's not built by the Nigerian army. Rather DHQ contracted a Nigerian company to design and fabricate them. I'm in complete awe of the vehicles. They exceed my expectations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: cutievik and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.