Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5969858 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:05am On Nov 12, 2018
kikuyu1:

Ouch! Was that necessary, really?

Obviously it was directed at Henry120 and not the rest of you. Play stupid games win stupid prizes... and all that
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:07am On Nov 12, 2018
Sizzorkay:
Again, we settled things, and you had to make an idiotic comment.
So i don't have common sense?

He said "Is there a Nigerian company worth even $100 million?"

Is this really so hard for you to read? Regardless of the conversation that led to him saying the above quote, it was what he said and he fixed that in another comment he made, referencing he meant "defense company" and i acknowledged that correction and moved on.
the heck is wrong with some of you guys with constant argument?
It's like that fool talking about Dangote buying some defense company in RSA, without relevance.
Dude, drop it and move the fvk on, why do people like dragging sh!t

Were we talking about companies in general... or were we talking about a very specific type of company?

Look, if you cant follow a discussion - if you have sub-par comprehension - then thats a you problem.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 12:29am On Nov 12, 2018
Would i dare say? The fvk are these guys talking about? Weren't you guys thought simple English were you are from?
When did i ever claim SA soldiers or paratroopers were incompetent? Mistakes happen, accidents happen, regardless of how much training people have.
This is the last time i will respond to any more rubbish.
All i said was it was hilarious, i would have said the same if those were US or British soldiers. I was telling Henry not to start something, turns out i was the one being pilled on.
You guys would make good stalkers.
Enough already, moving on

patches689:

Look at these British and American soldiers... same thing happened to them?

Would you dare say that they are incompetent?
http://www.military.com/video/specialties-and-personnel/paratroopers/us-and-british-paratrooper-get-tangled-up/1949043361001

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 12:44am On Nov 12, 2018
Sub-par comprehension? lol, boy , must be really hard for you guys to use your common sense.
You corrected your initial comment, i acknowledged it, and moved on, but here you are, digging sh!t up again.
There must be something truly wrong with you guys.
And if I'm to guess, I'd say your initial comment was to take a swipe at Nigeria by assuming there was no company there worth 100 million.
But who gives a fvk what you think, you are irrelevant in my world, now we are done here.
patches689:

Were we talking about companies in general... or were we talking about a very specific type of company?

Look, if you cant follow a discussion - if you have sub-par comprehension - then thats a you problem.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 12, 2018
Sizzorkay:
Again, we settled things, and you had to make an idiotic comment.
So i don't have common sense?

He said "Is there a Nigerian company worth even $100 million?"

Is this really so hard for you to read? Regardless of the conversation that led to him saying the above quote, it was what he said and he fixed that in another comment he made, referencing he meant "defense company" and i acknowledged that correction and moved on.
the heck is wrong with some of you guys with constant argument?
It's like that fool talking about Dangote buying some defense company in RSA, without relevance.
Dude, drop it and move the fvk on, why do people like dragging sh!t

If you had any shred of logic you would have easily deduced the fact he was talking about defence companies.....regardless of the actual word for word post.

Secondly you just couldn't let it go could hey grin grin had to have the last word even after i said ill let it slide.......

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 12:52am On Nov 12, 2018
lol, you said you would let it slide, i said that's good , and called you brother.
Then you made another comment insulting me, is that how you let things go? You think you have monopoly here? Letting it go as in doing me a favor? Eat dirt , boy. Now we are done
jln115:
If you had any shred of logic you would have easily deduced the fact he was talking about defence companies.....regardless of the actual word for word post.

Secondly you just couldn't let it go could hey grin grin had to have the last word even after i said ill let it slide.......

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 12, 2018
Sizzorkay:
lol, you said you would let it slide, i said that's good , and called you brother.
Then you made another comment insulting me, is that how you let things go? You think you have monopoly here? Letting it go as in doing me a favor? Eat dirt , boy. Now we are done

You could of just wrote this:
Sizzorkay:
Good for you bro, no issues at all.
I applaud good news from any African country

Instead you wrote this:
Sizzorkay:
Good for you bro, he wrote it in simple english, corrected it and i said okay. See, no issues at all.
I applaud good news from any African country

When my whole argument was on the basis that he didn't need to correct anything since it was quite obvious what type of company he was talking about, you still had to throw in that little jab didn't you wink wink Definitely not letting it slide.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 12, 2018
Ex IBSAMAR

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:39am On Nov 12, 2018
The COAS' official staff car had an accident at Jere town on the way to Kaduna today 11 November 2018 at about 6.00 p.m. The staff car was in a convoy along with other vehicles when a lone civilian vehicle veered off its lane and rammed into the staff car. The COAS was not in the car. However, the ADC sustained minor injuries and has been evacuated to a nearby hospital for medical attention.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 9:14am On Nov 12, 2018
jln115:

No he wasn’t, he had to backtrack when his premise was countered with facts. The discussion leading up to his snide remarks was about company ownership and controllling shares.

It’s embarrassing to see grownups lie to score cheap points on a faceless online forum. SMH

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2018
Senegalese Army

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2018
xwolverine:

No he wasn’t, he had to backtrack when his premise was countered with facts. The discussion leading up to his snide remarks was about company ownership and controllling shares.

It’s embarrassing to see grownups lie to score cheap points on a faceless online forum. SMH

We were talking about defence companies? Yes or no?

This thread is about defence related matters? Yes or no?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2018
Sizzorkay:
Sub-par comprehension? lol, boy , must be really hard for you guys to use your common sense.
You corrected your initial comment, i acknowledged it, and moved on, but here you are, digging sh!t up again.
There must be something truly wrong with you guys.
And if I'm to guess, I'd say your initial comment was to take a swipe at Nigeria by assuming there was no company there worth 100 million.
But who gives a fvk what you think, you are irrelevant in my world, now we are done here.

My original statement is 100% correct, in the context of the discussion. The only reason I am replying is that you wont drop it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 11:00am On Nov 12, 2018
Burundi AMISOM contingent convoy is ambushed and destroyed this month

https://jihadology.net/2018/11/07/new-video-message-from-%e1%b8%a5arakat-al-shabab-al-mujahidin-they-are-not-welcome-they-shall-burn-in-the-fire-2/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 12, 2018
It's really impressive how the Senegalese have done things: first they defined their doctrine of what their military should be (expeditionary), and then slowly but relentlessly set about equipping themselves for that role.
No wonder they took the lead in the Gambia.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 12, 2018
frumentius:
It's really impressive how the Senegalese have done things: first they defined their doctrine of what their military should be (expeditionary), and then slowly but relentlessly set about equipping themselves for that role.
No wonder they took the lead in the Gambia.
It is this sort of dis-information that regularly causes avoidable rancor in this thread.

Senegal took the lead in Gambia because, Senegal completely surrounds Gambia(North, East, West).

Senegal also contributed more troops (6,000 men), Nigeria (1,000 men) and Ghana (250 men).

You should really turn a new leaf, and quit been needlessly mischievous.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 11:47am On Nov 12, 2018
kikuyu1:

IS DANGOTE YOUR UNCLE!? On another thread we Kenyans questioned the 'Dangote' mantra. FYI, if it's a question of purely money RSA has at least several guys 3x bigger than him. One is Opp enheimer, check him out before bleating about your Northern money man,conduit for corrupt money laundering and nothing more. His history shows his fortune was made by monopolies in conjunction with your ruling military!
AS A KENYAN I'M NEUTRAL IN YOUR REFLEX ANTI SAFFAISM: UNTIL IT MESSES UP THIS THREAD!

False
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 12, 2018
xwolverine:

The discussion was about defence companies...plain and simple.

And secondly im a lot of things but a liar....mmmm nope, I challenge you to find any post of mine where i've intentionally lied about anything.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2018
Minusma Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2018
Henry240:

It is this sort of dis-information that regularly causes avoidable rancor in this thread.

Senegal took the lead in Gambia because, Senegal completely surrounds Gambia(North, East, West).

Senegal also contributed more troops (6,000 men), Nigeria (1,000 men) and Ghana (250 men).

The irony in this post grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I can't even!!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2018
Henry240:

His rhetorics and use of ad hominem in arguments have a singular aim; poke the bear or throw multiple shots and see what sticks. It's very juvenile and uncalled for.

It's similar to me posting pictures of the Angolan military, with a footnote "That's why they kicked butts during the border wars". While from the outside it seems like an honest commentary, it's not my place to judge.

I'll put this to you if it is an honest mistake, then you need to apologize and keep it moving; if it is a deliberate attempt at being mischievous, stand by your words like a man with cajones.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 12, 2018
A question for the Nigerians here: when the Nigerian military correctly intervened in Liberia and Sierra Leone, Nigeria was under Abacha's military dictatorship.
It would be wrong for anybody to caption the attached pic as, for example, "Nigerian dictatorship/totalitarian/anti-democracy soldiers in Liberia". For the simple fact that soldiers serve the government of the day, regardless of ideology.

So, why is it that only 1 Nigerian has called out Henry for his insulting reference to South African soldiers - serving the government of the day - as Apartheid soldiers?
As someone currently in uniform, I and others strive to serve our country to the best of our abilities, and we take strong exception when unreconstructed racists on the Right refer to us dismissively as "ANC soldiers". I personally know people who were killed by South African soldiers in Angola, Mozambique, Botswana and inside SA itself. Equally, I take strong exception when people on my side of the SA conflict refer to the pre-94 soldiers as "Apartheid soldiers".

Henry's gratuitous insult to these men in uniform -completely in line with his character, as prior examples here attest - logically lead to that smear on Nigerian soldiers during various dictatorships in Nigeria.

I, for one, refuse to suffer that offence. Do you?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 11:57am On Nov 12, 2018
frumentius:
A question for the Nigerians here: when the Nigerian military correctly intervened in Liberia and Sierra Leone, Nigeria was under Abacha's military dictatorship.
It would be wrong for anybody to caption the attached pic as, for example, "Nigerian dictatorship/totalitarian/anti-democracy soldiers in Liberia". For the simple fact that soldiers serve the government of the day, regardless of ideology.

So, why is it that only 1 Nigerian has called out Henry for his insulting reference to South African soldiers - serving the government of the day - as Apartheid soldiers?
As someone currently in uniform, I and others strive to serve our country to the best of our abilities, and we take strong exception when unreconstructed racists on the Right refer to us dismissively as "ANC soldiers". I personally know people who were killed by South African soldiers in Angola, Mozambique, Botswana and inside SA itself. Equally, I take strong exception when people on my side of the SA conflict refer to the pre-94 soldiers as "Apartheid soldiers".

Henry's gratuitous insult to these men in uniform -completely in line with his character, as prior examples here attest - logically lead to that smear on Nigerian soldiers during various dictatorships in Nigeria.

I, for one, refuse to suffer that offence. Do you?

The difference is that there was never a time the Nigerian military had to restructure itself, not comparable.

The military as it exists today was created in 1994, following South Africa's first post-apartheid national elections and the adoption of a new constitution. It replaced the South African Defence Force and also integrated uMkhonto we Sizwe guerilla forces.

If for example, you are referencing the Nigerian army during the pre-independence era, you are right to call them the Royal West African Frontier Force (RWAFF), but anything afterwards can't be separated.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
kikuyu1:

Listen,lil nigga:this Dangote you guys perpetually self-service about REALLY ISN'T AS IMPORTANT AS YOU THINK! We established on the other thread his money came from Executive contacts that gifted him subsidies and monopolies. If you think he can stumble into RSA and buy their arms of industry for a mere billion dollars you're even dumber than the norm on this thread!
Gtfohwtbs!!
Stop saying rubbish.
Only for u to go to the �� vs �� thread to read the rubbish posted by some uninformed Nigerians that have never traveled out of their local govt area.
Or some of them declaring kenya is more developed than Nigeria in all ramification because of a photo of an highway taken from different angle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2018
xwolverine:

The difference is that there was never a time the Nigerian military had to restructure itself, not comparable.

If for example, you are referencing the Nigerian army during the pre-independence era, you are right to call them the Royal West African Frontier Force (RWAFF), but anything afterwards can't be separated.
It was called SADF before 94 not the Apartheid army............You can't be the so called moral compass of this thread when your biasism is so blatant you could just of well been on the opposing end of the debate.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
MINUSMA Mali

Troops from Guinea

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
patches689:

Obviously it was directed at Henry120 and not the rest of you. Play stupid games win stupid prizes... and all that
Think he was being sarcastic wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
Henry240:

A question for you Henry the Liar: would pre-reorganisation Senegal been able to play the lead military role they played in the Gambia?
And contrary to the myth-making here, Gambia was mostly a political intervention; commendably led by Aso Rock - with the military stick largely provided by Senegal, on account of the reforms the Senegalese had undertaken to their military.
The ECOWAS military attaches who came to share lessons with us at JOps all agree. It's instructive they opted for a joint presentation, correctly highlighting successes and shortcomings.

Something chest-beating fan-girls who've never taken the uniform will never understand!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
jln115:

It was called SADF before 94 not the Apartheid army............You can't be the so called moral compass of this thread when your biasism is so blatant you could just of well been on the opposing end of the debate.

No, I'm not the moral compass, I'm far from it. My bias is always going to be on the side of the Nigerian Army. I've only pointed out two-faced comments on the thread, I wouldn't try to mask my allegiance for the sake of gaining cheap points on a thread.

I would respect honesty when it comes to you stating your points. If you have issues with the Nigerian Military, state it boldly. Stop acting clueless when you are called out and try to pass it off as an innocent comment.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
xwolverine:

His rhetorics and use of ad hominem in arguments have a singular aim; poke the bear or throw multiple shots and see what sticks. It's very juvenile and uncalled for.

It's similar to me posting pictures of the Angolan military, with a footnote "That's why they kicked butts during the border wars". While from the outside it seems like an honest commentary, it's not my place to judge.

I'll put this to you if it is an honest mistake, then you need to apologize and keep it moving; if it is a deliberate attempt at being mischievous, stand by your words like a man with cajones.
That's what @Frumentius regularly likes to do. I find it rather shameful that a man who claims to be in the military cannot stand by his true words.

No need hiding behind subtle remarks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
xwolverine:

No, I'm not the moral compass, I'm far from it. My bias is always going to be on the side of the Nigerian Army. I've only pointed out two-faced comments on the thread, I wouldn't try to mask my allegiance for the sake of gaining cheap points on a thread.
Fantastic!!! so obviously due to your self admitted bais you will point out so called two-faced comments on the thread made by SAns and not point out two-faced comments on the thread made by Nigerian members of this thread.

Thanks for admitting that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
jln115:
Fantastic!!! so obviously due to your self admitted bais you will point out so called two-faced comments on the thread made by SAns and not point out two-faced comments on the thread made by Nigerian members of this thread.

Thanks for admitting that.

Glad I could help.

I had to step in because you guys gang up on whoever dares to reply to your disillusioned comments like a pack of wolves. In some cases passing the baton to each other, for whatever twisted reasons you might have; its uncalled for.

Don't sound butt-hurt when someone else plays the role you've been playing on this thread, no offence, it is what it is.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.