Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1775) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5970145 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2018
jln115:

The irony in this post grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I can't even!!
I don't try to hide what i think about anyone. I do not rate the SANDF or South-African soldiers highly, however it doesn't stop me from posting photos of SANDF soldiers i like. No need acting like a coward.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2018
Henry240:

That's what @Frumentius regularly likes to do. I find it rather shameful that a man who claims to be in the military cannot stand by his true words.

No need hiding behind subtle remarks.
Maybe he should just blatantly be deliberate like you?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2018
Henry240:

I don't try to hide what i think about anyone. I do not rate the SANDF or South-African soldiers highly, however it doesn't stop me from posting photos of SANDF soldiers i like. No need acting like a coward.
Yet when South Africans respond to your snarky remarks, you get your panties all up in a bunch and cry foul.......as i said before THE IRONY grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
xwolverine:

Glad I could help.

I had to step in because you guys gang up on whoever dares to reply to you disillusioned comments like a pack of wolves. In some cases passing the baton to each other, for whatever twisted reasons you might have; its uncalled for.

Don't sound butt-hurt when someone else plays the role you've been playing on this thread, no offence it is what it is.
Hey at least you're being honest, which is more than what i can say for some on this thread, secondly what you said above goes both ways wink wink For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction...just remember that in the future cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
xwolverine:

The difference is that there was never a time the Nigerian military had to restructure itself, not comparable.

If for example, you are referencing the Nigerian army during the pre-independence era, you are right to call them the Royal West African Frontier Force (RWAFF), but anything afterwards can't be separated.

The South African military has undergone various restructuring ever since we ceased being a colony through self-governance autonomy from Britain way back in 1910, with the formation of the Union of South Africa Act, later confirmed as independence through the Balfour Declaration of 1926 and the Statute of Westminster in 1931. 1910 conferred upon us the same status as Canada, Australia and New Zealand. We, ourselves, changed this in 1961 by proclaiming ourselves a Republic, with the Queen of England no longer being our head of state. Cananda, Aus and NZ could also do the same, with no argument as to when they ceased being colonies.

The point to all that history is that all those milestones brought about extensive restructure and name changes to our military. If anything, the changes in 94 were mild compared to prior changes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
Henry240:

That's what @Frumentius regularly likes to do. I find it rather shameful that a man who claims to be in the military cannot stand by his true words.

No need hiding behind subtle remarks.

So say the proven liar!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
frumentius:

The South African military has undergone various restructuring ever since we ceased being a colony through self-governance autonomy from Britain way back in 1910, with the formation of the Union of South Africa Act, later confirmed as independence through the Balfour Declaration of 1926 and the Statute of Westminster in 1931. 1910 conferred upon us the same status as Canada, Australia and New Zealand. We, ourselves, changed this in 1961 by proclaiming ourselves a Republic, with the Queen of England no longer being our head of state. Cananda, Aus and NZ could also do the same, with no argument as to when they ceased being colonies.

The point to all that history is that all those milestones brought about extensive restructure and name changes to our military. If anything, the changes in 94 were mild compared to prior changes.

Let me get this straight, was there apartheid prior to 1994? If yes, then its part of your history, no matter how uncool it is. The Russian military is sometimes called the Soviets when referring to that period. You have no idea what his intentions are for his choice of words. It's his choice whatever name he feels comfortable with, so long as the said name is a widely accepted name, and not made up for the sake of this argument.

You don't like it because it is a dark part of your history; the so-called apartheid army, to some purists, is still the best set of personnel ever produced from South Africa, with exploits to show for it. The fact that you don't like it doesn't change the era, nor does it alter the past.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2018
frumentius:

A question for you Henry the Liar: would pre-reorganisation Senegal been able to play the lead military role they played in the Gambia?
And contrary to the myth-making here, Gambia was mostly a political intervention; commendably led by Aso Rock - with the military stick largely provided by Senegal, on account of the reforms the Senegalese had undertaken to their military.
The ECOWAS military attaches who came to share lessons with us at JOps all agree. It's instructive they opted for a joint presentation, correctly highlighting successes and shortcomings.

Something chest-beating fan-girls who've never taken the uniform will never understand!
You're always so salty?? undecided undecided

Come on man!! What has happened to the old you?

There was never i time Nigeria solely led political efforts to oust Jammeh. It was always Spearheaded by Buhari,Macky Sall, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Addo from Ghana. It was a joint effort.

Irrespective of organisation of the Senegalese military, Senegal was always going to bear the brunt of military operations in Gambia. it's basic common sense. There was never a time the Senegalese military was in such a bad state that it could not carry out operations inside Gambia.

Nigeria provided all the Air and Sea assets required for the ops.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2018
jln115:
Maybe he should just blatantly be deliberate like you?
I'll very much appreciate an honest post.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2018
xwolverine:

His rhetorics and use of ad hominem in arguments have a singular aim; poke the bear or throw multiple shots and see what sticks. It's very juvenile and uncalled for.

It's similar to me posting pictures of the Angolan military, with a footnote "That's why they kicked butts during the border wars". While from the outside it seems like an honest commentary, it's not my place to judge.

I'll put this to you if it is an honest mistake, then you need to apologize and keep it moving; if it is a deliberate attempt at being mischievous, stand by your words like a man with cajones.

The thing is terribly amusing to me. I rightly referred to them as what they are.

Are we going to deny the fact that a vast majority of the soldiers in those times were predominately white?

Why do we refer to German soldiers from WWII as Nazi soldiers, and we cannot refer to South-African soldiers from a segregated era what they are?

Are we going to deny history because of people's sensibilities?

Does Frumentius think that a majority of Black South-Africans would not find my posts on soldiers from that era offensive to them?

The fact that i'm willing to share those pictures shows i'm open.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2018
jln115:
Yet when South Africans respond to your snarky remarks, you get your panties all up in a bunch and cry foul.......as i said before THE IRONY grin grin grin grin
I don't. I simply say,respond with a related content.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2018
Re that $1 billion offer from Saudi for partnership in Denel - which any decent accountant would be expected to understand:
Goldman Sachs has crunched the numbers and say it represents 22% of all of Denel. That's right, 22 per cent.

Someone here claims to be a banker -bank teller? - yet has not referred to this GS note which came out last Thursday. Either didn't see the note -because of lowly position - or more likely, saw it and chose to disregard it cos it didn't align with "his" bias.*

* Scare squotes on sex because congenital liars have no claim on manhood.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
MINUSMA MALI...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2018
Henry240:

Come on man!! What has happened to the old you?

The same me came and comes here to share pics, an experience disturbed by a liar who thinks chest-beating and puffery represents patriotism.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2018
frumentius:

The same me came and comes here to share pics, an experience disturbed by a liar who thinks chest-beating and puffery represents patriotism.
I never said you don't share pics, you do. A lot of good quality ones which we all look forward to seeing irrespective of individual differences. My grouse is with with you becoming so salty and often hiding subtle remarks.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
patches689:

Obviously it was directed at Henry120 and not the rest of you. Play stupid games win stupid prizes... and all that

No harm,no foul! The usual periodic poo storm. O/T, Btw, I asked you earlier about falling Dem support:SEEN THIS ON YT? black americans #walkaway

There is a historic black shift away from the Dems-its been building since 2012 and the MSM ofc is oblivious-Idk where you are but is it noticeable to you? Those vids reveal disenchantment,betrayal,open admiration for Trump AND NO RETURN. This is typical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdj1smZZwLM

There are obvious implications for 2020 and even globally;have you noticed a shift to the Right in Hungary,Poland and Brazil?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
Welcome @Shadowprimezero!

You are doing an amazing job, i appreciate your efforts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2018
This investigation is going to be interesting. A unit in Langebaan was looking forward to blowing up this de-commissioned tug as a training exercise and now this:
First a fire and then someone decides to sink her. grin grin grin

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53706:decommissioned-navy-tug-sinks&catid=115:middle-east&Itemid=251

PICS: courtesy of http://www.saairforce.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9987#p120939

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2018
Henry240:

I don't. I simply say,respond with a related content.
Related content? grin grin grin again the irony!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2018
Henry240:

I'll very much appreciate an honest post.
Well if honesty is what you want let me lay it out for you:

You are the definition of a hypocrite. You intentionally post provocative content one this forum to solicit a response from specifically SAn members of this thread, when they do respond you are the first to play victim.

Fact is if we really wanted to we could have posted (unprovoked) many photos, videos and other content of the many many failings of the Nigerian defence force, we could've posted shot down planes and attack helicopters, killed soldiers, destroyed NA vehicles, videos of NA soldiers running away, news articles of Nigerian army bases captured by rag tag rebels(that's BH BTW) ect ect.........yet we don't out of respect for this thread.

Just an example: You post a picture of entangled SA paratroopers(Which was very interesting btw) Frum responds by how their training kicked in and they were able to untangle themselves thanks to their training, Nigerians respond with laughing emojies , asked why they are laughing YOU(even though you were not mentioned) respond by saying it's because of incompetence.....obliviously SAn respond and you play victim.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
jln115:

[s]Well if honesty is what you want let me lay it out for you:

You are the definition of a hypocrite. You intentionally post provocative content one this forum to solicit a response from specifically SAn members of this thread, when they do respond you are the first to play victim.

Fact is if we really wanted to we could have posted (unprovoked) many photos, videos and other content of the many many failings of the Nigerian defence force, we could've posted shot down planes and attack helicopters, killed soldiers, destroyed NA vehicles, videos of NA soldiers running away, news articles of Nigerian army bases captured by rag tag rebels(that's BH BTW) ect ect.........yet we don't out of respect for this thread.

Just an example: You post a picture of entangled SA paratroopers(Which was very interesting btw) Frum responds by how their training kicked in and they were able to untangle themselves thanks to their training, Nigerians respond with laughing emojies , asked why they are laughing YOU(even though you were not mentioned) respond by saying it's because of incompetence.....obliviously SAn respond and you play victim[/s].
Yawns!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
xwolverine:

Let me get this straight, was there apartheid prior to 1994? If yes, then its part of your history, no matter how uncool it is. The Russian military is sometimes called the Soviets when referring to that period. You have no idea what his intentions are for his choice of words. It's his choice whatever name he feels comfortable with, so long as the said name is a widely accepted name, and not made up for the sake of this argument.

You don't like it because it is a dark part of your history; the so-called apartheid army, to some purists, is still the best set of personnel ever produced from South Africa, with exploits to show for it. The fact that you don't like it doesn't change the era, nor does it alter the past.

You didn't read my post, did you? Go back back to it again and please point out any logical inconsistencies.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2018
And in case there are newbies here who've just stumbled only on this page, this is the history:
Henry240:

Yawns!!

Henry, have you posted lies, repeatedly, on this thread?

Yes or no.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2018
frumentius:

Henry, have you posted lies, repeatedly, on this thread?

Yes or no.
Grow up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2018
Henry240:

Grow up.
Yes or no...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2018
F16 morocco

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2018
Fortunate I live in a country where these things are still taken seriously:
There's a public outcry because the mayor of Cape Town scheduled a press conference at 11am on 11 November, without mentioning the significance of the day!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2018
Nigerian assembled military utility truck displayed at the Nigerian army research and innovation summit.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
frumentius:
Fortunate I live in a country where these things are still taken seriously:
There's a public outcry because the mayor of Cape Town scheduled a press conference at 11am on 11 November, without mentioning the significance of the day!

And did anyone else notice during the weekend's rugby tests, that the Kiwis were the only Commonwealth team wearing poppies during the match?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
Various Nigerian manufactured military vehicle parts.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2018
Test showing the performance of a Nigerian built Bulletproof vest.

Shot at with a 7.62mm round.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidex111: 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
Henry240:
Test showing the performance of a Nigerian built Bulletproof vest.

Nice pictures.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.