Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5958761 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Viking007(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2018
Xbee007:

Gutless liars.
Useless country.
cry cry
Your attached picture is from an hausa movie.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 8:18am On Nov 24, 2018
Viking007:
Your attached picture is from an hausa movie.
It does describes the sad scenario ongoing in the NE.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 24, 2018
I somehow felt pity for the army but on another look at a video of soldiers shooting at civilians not armed with guns during the Shi'ites' protests made me feel they deserve whatever they got. I am sure this must have happened too during kanu's raid, killing the unarmed.
I would have uploaded the video but nairaland doesn't permit videos. They were used for shooting practice.
Xbee007:

It does describes the sad scenario ongoing in the NE.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 10:05am On Nov 24, 2018
Cheetah C-RAM development picks up speed

"A series of successful trials of Denel’s Cheetah C-RAM (counter-rocket, artillery, and mortar) effector earlier this year have taken it closer to full integration with Rheinmetall Defence’s Oerlikon Skyshield close aerial protection systems, according to Reinart Moraal, Denel Dynamics’ chief systems engineer for the Cheetah and Mongoose 3 effector systems.

The Cheetah, along with the Mongoose 3, is proposed jointly by South Africa’s Denel group and Rheinmetall Defence to complement Skyshield. The system is featured among Rheinmetall Defence’s networked air-defence systems and has been shown internationally as part of its Skynex configuration.

According to Moraal, the development of Cheetah is now at intermediate technology readiness level (TRL) of between TRL 3 and 4."

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2018
Algerian Meko A200 Erradii 910 exercice with SNMG-2 NATO fleet this days

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2018
Kilo 636 M and C28A corvet

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2018
The government tried to suppress the attacks, but stories and images have started popping out.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:10pm On Nov 24, 2018
Odunayaw:
Can these "fanboys" force said leaders to do anything?

Yes, social media is very powerfull because you can speak to huge numbers private citizens and raise awareness.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2018
jteku:
The government tried to suppress the attacks, but stories and images have started popping out.

I am always shocked to see the large number of vehicles captured/destroyed seemingly in their parking-bays. Not just with this attack, but also videos I have seen of the kenyans and ugandans in somalia.

The importance of the dawn/dusk stand-to cannot be over-emphasized.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2018
patches689:

Yes, social media is very powerfull because you can speak to huge numbers private citizens and raise awareness.
In Africa, not on these things.
Beegeagle and a host of them haven't been able to do much.

Sad but its the reality
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2018
I get your point, but this only matters in countries where the citizens care about what goes on in Nigeria.
If the people don't protest peacefully, call their representatives and air their grievances etc, trust me, in Nigeria this won't change anything.
There is corruption and lack of progress because the people are used to it, and aren't doing much to hold those in power accountable.
So social media really won't do much, as long as its online and no one is marching to their offices, all they will do is release a statement and everyone move on.
A country can't succeed when you have the majority of the people not interested in how the affairs of the country is being managed .
Imagine what the opposition would be doing right now if this had happened in the US?
They would be making the rounds all over different news networks, exposing the rot in current administration, holding hearing etc, we don't do all that.
We've heard of towns without electricity for months, now tell me which real country that would be ever allowed? In our case we just light our candles and move on with our lives. That's why there is no progress, because there aren't pressure on these fools to do better
patches689:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2018
patches689:

I am always shocked to see the large number of vehicles captured/destroyed seemingly in their parking-bays. Not just with this attack, but also videos I have seen of the kenyans and ugandans in somalia.

The importance of the dawn/dusk stand-to cannot be over-emphasized.

What shocks the most is how they were able to coordinate such attacks on a base with over 200 soldiers.

1. Were Nigerian soldiers caught napping.
2. Is the Chadian side of the border so free that they allow this guys coordinate at will.

Our people de tire me I swear.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2018
Don't worry, stable genius Bidexx or whatever his name is, already told me to shut up about it, because according to him, our soldiers have low morale, that's why they lost, smh
A soldier was quoted as saying they were caught off-guard, but someone is arguing that wasn't the case.
So yea, let's go with low morale, it's a great excuse cry

jteku:

What shocks the most is how they were able to coordinate such attacks on a base with over 200 soldiers.

1. Were Nigerian soldiers caught napping.
2. Is the Chadian side of the border so free that they allow this guys coordinate at will.

Our people de tire me I swear.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2018
Sizzorkay:
Don't worry, stable genius Bidexx or whatever his name is, already told me to shut up about it, because according to him, our soldiers have low morale, that's why they lost, smh
A soldier was quoted as saying they were caught off-guard, but someone is arguing that wasn't the case.
So yea, let's go with low morale, it's a great excuse cry

And I keep asking after the attack, they walked and disappeared into thin air to chad, were are the MI35m, we have 4 in full service. Were they kept in hangers for the next air show.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2018
jteku:

And I keep asking after the attack, they walked and disappeared into thin air to chad, were are the MI35m, we have 4 in full service. Were they kept in hangers for the next air show.
we are now in the hammathan where hazy conditions will limit air operations.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:31pm On Nov 24, 2018
Brother, that was my question yesterday, i asked if no one radio it in that this attack was taking place, such an attack takes a while to conclude, and yet that many number of terrorists just disappeared? This shows lack of seriousness and utterly bad leadership.
I think someone just talked about the weather, please, this isn't the first time they've attacked and walk away without repercussion

jteku:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2018
I've spent an entire day on this already, but fact is, whatever we say here won't do anything to change things. So I'm back to my chill mode , i feel sorry for the soldiers, they deserve much better than what they are being dealt
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2018
Henry240:

My loyalty is first and foremost to Nigeria and they Nigerian army, however the army has not declared any figure, until then we watch and see for an update from the army.

However irrespective of the figures the army might release, the ineffeciancy of the Nigerian army with regards to the recent Metele attack and performance over the last 6 months require deep overhauling.

The Nigerian army high command shouldn't delude itself to thinking all is well or this was just a one off incident.

God Bless Nigeria

There's only so much one can say not being on ground in the theater of combat operations. What happened at Metele is beyond embarrassing, it's a disaster that should sit everyone up. But it does not come without its sinister motives. Whichever way we want to postulate clearly this has something to do with the forthcoming election cycle in Nigeria. Vested interests foreign and domestic with an eye on the seat of power in Abuja will do anything to tarnish whatever security credentials of the sitting president who himself has been aloof in virtually all the sectors of the country.

That Chad border is the new problem. In fact the Chadians have since made a tactical withdrawal on that border following a new strain of relentless and fiery ISWAP attacks. In the last six months we have seen a resurgent ISWAP on the Chadian border. The new ISWAP leadership is ruthless and better armed. Many still question the sources of this new weaponry and the apparent lack of will of the Chadians to do their bit on their side of the border through the MNJTF. The only bulwark since then has been the NAF and task force elements of the Nigerian Army. However this Army has been fighting a bitter war over a decade now and smaller violent insurrections around the country, of course fatigue sets in at combat levels and the tendency to profit at higher command levels become palpable inevitably leading to unwarranted setbacks at the front. This is what happened to the Americans in Vietnam leading to their eventual in all but name capitulation despite severely punishing the enemy in a war of attrition. But the enemy we are fighting knows you can wear down a powerful army by guerrilla tactics, ambushes, terror attacks that instill fear in soldiers. The Barbarians set that trend with the powerful Roman legions leading in all to the fall of the Roman Empire.

The perpetrators of this evil against Nigeria brought us a Vietnam with Islamic strains but the difference here is that this is our home and the Nigerian military is not going anywhere until every one last bit of BHT is wiped out and this should be the new military strategy in the short term. The new order for every commander should be bodies; body count of enemy combatants. Kill as many terrorists as can be replaced. Yes it is a scorched earth strategy of taking the fight to the terrorists wherever they are hibernating including foreign territories. That Idris Deby Itno is up to something with a foreign power and should be taught a lesson of who is boss around here. Anything short of putting boots on the ground across borders will have us on the back foot defending indefensible bases and morning our dead. The war must be expanded and the NAF should lead the way with scorched earth 500 pound bombs on known ISWAP hideouts on the Chadian side of the border.

The old strategy hasn't been working which was to decimate and physically occupy liberated hitherto BHT strongholds with FOBs and back-up combat elements nearby for reinforcements thus allowing displaced citizens return back to normal life as a sign of winning the war on terror. Not gonna work in the short term. This will only be the usual back and forth that we see.

ISWAP has fully morphed into a deadly guerrilla army. The AFSF comes to mind. They have been very effective with their ruthless maneuvering. We must out-guerilla the guerrillas with deadly force that counts substantial enemy losses more than before. The 72nd and other such combat elements should be thrown into the fray with the objective of shooting anything that moves in BHT enclaves. They are ruthless we must be even more ruthless. BHT has shown incredible capacity to resurge with even more deadly force and should no longer be underestimated by anyone.

Abuja is the problem of this war. The current president cannot see beyond his nose in the north. His defense minister is parochial, sectional and tribalistic and should be sacked. The replacing of effective commanders from the south with northern officers at operational level in the north-east to counter the claim of the Borno state governor that southern officers have shown dexterity and innovation in combat is a shame. Nepotism is at its worst in Nigeria. The National Security System is being run by incompetent stooges from the north appointed by President Buhari. That's not to say there are no competent northern officers, there are but their loyalty is being called into question. The fear of the opposition PDP party winning back power has lead to paranoia in the current ruling party.

To start with the president must bury his hands in his head and take the blame for the recent shortcomings. The entire service chiefs should have been sacked when their term was up bringing on new hands for fresh impetus to the war going on up in north-east. I have since said and rested my case that these current service chiefs are bereft of new ideas and fresh eyes are needed on the field of combat.

There's only so much a professional Nigerian soldier can do when poorly led by the military high command and faced with overwhelming odds and no new strategy and tactical options to win a fight against die-hard islamafascists terrorists who believe they are on a mission from God and willing to die for it.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2018
From Nigerian Army.

PRESS STATEMENT ON SPURIOUS DISSEMINATION OF FAKE VIDEOS PURPORTING BHT ATTACKS ON MILITARY LOCATIONS

1. The NA has continued to observe with great dismay the myriads of photos and video clips being recklessly distributed on various social media platforms by different caliber of persons. It is indeed shocking to see how these well doctored propaganda materials from enemies of the State has succeeded in creating fear and unrest in the polity. These doctored materials are obviously serving the purposes intended by the terrorists to misinform the populace, spread panic, hatred, religious intolerance and above all to undermine national security.

2. The NA wants to categorically state that the videos and images making rounds as the purported attack on Metele base are false and do not in any way portray the reality of the situation on the ground. Unfortunately, many do not know that indiscretional posts and comments from a citizen that is supposed to be solidly behind its military in these trying times could have a way of dampening the morale of the troops. However, the NA’s resolve in protecting the territorial integrity and sanctity of the Nigerian State would not be undermined by detractors or tacit supporters of the enemies of our beloved country.

3. Whilst appreciating the concerns of well-meaning Nigerians who genuinely care for the well-being of its military, the NA wants to draw the attention of its detractors to the fact that spreading of fake news is an offense and violates the provisions of Section 24(1)(a),(b) and (2)(a),(b),(c)(i),(ii) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition & Prevention etc) Act, 2015.

4.In view of this, please note that the NA would henceforth report these infractions and file cases against individuals or groups who deliberately spread fake news that aims to undermine national security, in courts of competent jurisdictions. Equally, the NA wishes to inform the public of its iReport channels on the NA website, Android and iOS platforms via which the public can forward meaningful advice, criticism or observations that would enable the NA better serve the good people of Nigeria. You are to please note this and kindly disseminate through your various channels.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2018
Covert1:

There's only so much one can say not being on ground in the theater of combat operations. What happened at Metele is beyond they are on a mission from God and willing to die for it.

That's good.

However this one Oga Henry has said he would stop posting anything military related, that's not a good thing though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2018
allexpensive:

This is a factual truth. No weapon, no weapon and those bloody fools carted away huge ammunitions.

I think this has to do with training. Was on a clearance op with my boys which include some army guys and the guys said they wish their ops are being coordinated like this. For over a year been here, my unit never runs from those animals. We have experienced only 4 KIA till now which happened through an ambush on my convoy which lasted for like 5 hours.

Number one mission is to survive. I tried my best to save those lives. Their vehicle was stopped by bht bullets leaving them exposed. It was the normal hilux and the bastards focused fire on the vehicle and my guess is they want it to explode. The officers were defenceless as other vehicles are also under fire. We launched RPG at the fire direction since we had no GL. We fired around 11 RPG that day and these guys started coming out , approaching the pinned vehicle with the motive to abduct my boys. I wasn't my self again but the guys were already wounded.

They were able to go with around 8 wounded officers and started retreating. I initiated pursuit after talking to the boys to boost their morale. ISR established situation for us and had to leave our area for whatever mission. Gathered information together and went for the bastards which unfortunately led to a WIA as they had some guys stationed in the bush to open fire on us but fortunately, it was a little injury. We were able to retried all our boys and had 18 bht killed 4 KIA and 3WIA in total.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 10:44pm On Nov 24, 2018
Haha, Oga Henry indeed.
nah he's not going anywhere, he's too addicted to this to walk away now, or we just go kidnap the man and force him to post pictures grin grin
We lost the battle not the war, i still have hope, all is not lost, yet
kabe1:

That's good.

However this one Oga Henry has said he would stop posting anything military related, that's not a good thing though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2018
Sizzorkay:
Haha, Oga Henry indeed.
nah he's not going anywhere, he's too addicted to this to walk away now, or we just go kidnap the man and force him to post pictures grin grin
We lost the battle not the war, i still have hope, all is not lost, yet

You don't get Henry240 every time he makes such comments, just know his girlfriend is in town. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 11:24pm On Nov 24, 2018
Hahaha, the indian or the naija one?
okay, let's not out the man lol grin grin

jteku:

You don't get Henry240 every time he makes such comments, just know his girlfriend is in town. grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:40am On Nov 25, 2018
jteku:

Has he finished posting "made in Nigeria" equipment? grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2018
Algerian1:
I Dont see any racism in what he said , its only the truth . rich africans should invest more in there own countries .

I don't think Uncle Vlad actually said that:til I see a live video I'll dismiss that as fake news!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2018
Fidha254:
Any Kenyan here noticed that in every unit(especially Administration police guarding banks or escorting cash) there is a couple of police officers with new rifles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnvPn3IxIIM

I have,actually. The dummy bleating about 'airsoft',lol,left out some AR 10s I've seen.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2018
Without ALL METELE DETAILS we'll never know the cause:
-intel failure
-firepower failure, were they outgunned
-did the leadership respond with proper and effective tactical doctrine?
A 10 mn vid of one sector of a 45 mn battle can't answer these questions.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2018
THE ONGOING CONFLICT IN NORTH-EASTERN NIGERIA

The recent spate of Boko Haram attacks in northeastern Nigeria have negated President Buhari’s claims when he assumed power in 2015 that the radical Islamist group (many being thugs who have hijacked the religion of Islam for their own purposes) had been ‘technically defeated’. His narrative that Boko Haram was ‘technically defeated’ was false as soon as he uttered those words.
There is, in a purely military sense, no such thing as a ‘technical defeat’—something the President, as an ex-military man ought to know. Sadly, he also chose to make the successes of 7 Infantry Division and 72 Mobile Strike Force (MSF) his own, when it wasn’t.
President Buhari and his team were, however, part of the political leader group that led the vocal charge about STTEP’s presence in Nigeria, making it a burning political issue even before they assumed office. Indeed, they made it known that the company’s presence would not be tolerated under his office.
The initial 3-phase campaign strategy (known as ‘Operational Anvil’) to degrade and destroy BH in Borno State, was rejected by his advisors. Instead, pressure forced only a small part of the campaign to be successfully implemented before we were ordered to pack up and leave.
They were, however, quite happy to allow the armed forces to receive both substandard training and the incorrect equipment provided by both foreign governments and their PMCs—along with the worst possible ‘military advice’. When this approach failed, the military could be blamed for any lack of success.
Whereas it remains a government’s prerogative to ‘hire-and-fire’ who they so wish, it is sad that the President preferred defeat above victory, as soldiers can only do what they are trained, equipped, and led to do.
Do it poorly, and they die—and the innocent and defenceless suffer.
Many of the men we trained as part of 72 Mobile Strike Force have remained in contact with us (STTEP), pleading for our return to Nigeria. They have also told us that they have been used to a point of exhaustion. But, rumours also bubble beneath the surface that President Buhari viewed Boko Haram as an instrument that could reduce the force and standing of the military and thereby protect him from a possible coup d’état.
Over the past few weeks, Boko Haram have executed numerous attacks on the Nigerian Army, causing numerous casualties and capturing massive amounts of equipment and ammunition. Raids on villages and the slaughter and kidnapping of the innocent and defenceless has continued—and in some instances intensified—under the reign of the President Buhari’s government. Sadly, the government has yet to issue a statement informing its citizens of what is really happening—and how a ‘technically defeated’ enemy can be so effective.
As Boko Haram’s activities and actions increased, so too did the silence about the increasing problems in Nigeria’s Borno State. Prior to, and following our departure from Nigeria, we issued numerous intelligence warnings to his government. These warnings covered the implications of not allowing the 72 MSF to annihilate BH in Borno province; the plans by Boko Haram to rearm and escalate their activities; the implications of regional spill-over, the impact on the armed forces; and so forth. These intelligence warnings were all rejected in favour of a false belief. Neighbouring countries were advised not to listen to us as it was claimed to be a cheap attempt to ‘get a contract’. Chad, Cameroon and Niger are now also reaping the benefits of rejecting intelligence in favour of an agenda-driven narrative aimed at destabilising an entire region—a region where Nigeria remains a prime target.
The reality is that these forces can be defeated. But victory requires more than a few soundbytes. Soundbytes do not—and never have—resulted in victory over an enemy.
Ultimately, the innocent suffer and soldiers die, and every tactical victory Boko Haram achieves merely incentivises them to continue. This also gives impetus to the plans and actions of other radical terror groups across the continent.
North-eastern Nigeria is an example of what can happen when intelligence is rejected in favour of a false narrative.
Don’t blame the armed forces when poor political decisions result in the deaths of people.

Eeben Barlow

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by arantess: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
jln115:
THE ONGOING CONFLICT IN NORTH-EASTERN NIGERIA

The recent spate of Boko Haram attacks in northeastern Nigeria have negated President Buhari’s claims when he assumed power in 2015 that the radical Islamist group (many being thugs who have hijacked the religion of Islam for their own purposes) had been ‘technically defeated’. His narrative that Boko Haram was ‘technically defeated’ was false as soon as he uttered those words.
There is, in a purely military sense, no such thing as a ‘technical defeat’—something the President, as an ex-military man ought to know. Sadly, he also chose to make the successes of 7 Infantry Division and 72 Mobile Strike Force (MSF) his own, when it wasn’t.
President Buhari and his team were, however, part of the political leader group that led the vocal charge about STTEP’s presence in Nigeria, making it a burning political issue even before they assumed office. Indeed, they made it known that the company’s presence would not be tolerated under his office.
The initial 3-phase campaign strategy (known as ‘Operational Anvil’) to degrade and destroy BH in Borno State, was rejected by his advisors. Instead, pressure forced only a small part of the campaign to be successfully implemented before we were ordered to pack up and leave.
They were, however, quite happy to allow the armed forces to receive both substandard training and the incorrect equipment provided by both foreign governments and their PMCs—along with the worst possible ‘military advice’. When this approach failed, the military could be blamed for any lack of success.
Whereas it remains a government’s prerogative to ‘hire-and-fire’ who they so wish, it is sad that the President preferred defeat above victory, as soldiers can only do what they are trained, equipped, and led to do.
Do it poorly, and they die—and the innocent and defenceless suffer.
Many of the men we trained as part of 72 Mobile Strike Force have remained in contact with us (STTEP), pleading for our return to Nigeria. They have also told us that they have been used to a point of exhaustion. But, rumours also bubble beneath the surface that President Buhari viewed Boko Haram as an instrument that could reduce the force and standing of the military and thereby protect him from a possible coup d’état.
Over the past few weeks, Boko Haram have executed numerous attacks on the Nigerian Army, causing numerous casualties and capturing massive amounts of equipment and ammunition. Raids on villages and the slaughter and kidnapping of the innocent and defenceless has continued—and in some instances intensified—under the reign of the President Buhari’s government. Sadly, the government has yet to issue a statement informing its citizens of what is really happening—and how a ‘technically defeated’ enemy can be so effective.
As Boko Haram’s activities and actions increased, so too did the silence about the increasing problems in Nigeria’s Borno State. Prior to, and following our departure from Nigeria, we issued numerous intelligence warnings to his government. These warnings covered the implications of not allowing the 72 MSF to annihilate BH in Borno province; the plans by Boko Haram to rearm and escalate their activities; the implications of regional spill-over, the impact on the armed forces; and so forth. These intelligence warnings were all rejected in favour of a false belief. Neighbouring countries were advised not to listen to us as it was claimed to be a cheap attempt to ‘get a contract’. Chad, Cameroon and Niger are now also reaping the benefits of rejecting intelligence in favour of an agenda-driven narrative aimed at destabilising an entire region—a region where Nigeria remains a prime target.
The reality is that these forces can be defeated. But victory requires more than a few soundbytes. Soundbytes do not—and never have—resulted in victory over an enemy.
Ultimately, the innocent suffer and soldiers die, and every tactical victory Boko Haram achieves merely incentivises them to continue. This also gives impetus to the plans and actions of other radical terror groups across the continent.
North-eastern Nigeria is an example of what can happen when intelligence is rejected in favour of a false narrative.
Don’t blame the armed forces when poor political decisions result in the deaths of people.

Eeben Barlow
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2018
kikuyu1:

I don't think Uncle Vlad actually said that:til I see a live video I'll dismiss that as fake news!

Algerian1 is right, not racist but actually true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a62TfjpTXsM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) (1788) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1, davefurn, abbati19 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.