Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962263 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 12:52am On Jan 26, 2019
EVarn:
DSSC is usually for professional courses.
Yea it always for professional courses.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
jln115:
Yes!!! and the age limit to join the SANDF(non civilian capacity) is 18-22 or up to 26 if applicant has a Tertiary qualification,so chances of a qualified medical doctor under the age of 26 joining the force is close to 0...... but if they do they will start as a private.
How do you source for the medical corp? And don't you guys have like a military university where these guys go to to get converted to military life? I'm still wondering how a university graduate will want to start as a private in the military. And can you explain how you get manpower for the non comms and officer cadre?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2019
Geronimoe:

How do you source for the medical corp? And don't you guys have like a military university where these guys go to to get converted to military life? I'm still wondering how a university graduate will want to start as a private in the military. And can you explain how you get manpower for the non comms and officer cadre?

Not sure if this helps, but the current commander of 7 Medical Battalion entered service at the rank of captain according to this article? http://www.defenceweb.co.za/sa-defence/sa-defence-sa-defence/new-boss-for-7-med-battalion-group/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
Geronimoe:

Medical studies(and other qualifications) in South Africa are expensive and very difficult to successfully apply for because of the very high admission requirements, thus the SAMHS(SA Military health service) is a great alternative for those that dont have the money or miss the admission requirements as one can study for a MBCHB through the SAMHS.....thus most of the Doctors in the Medical corps are trained within the SANDF and there is always quite a steady supply of newly trained doctors.

But getting back to your point, unless you apply for a non combatant(Civilian post) were there is no assigned rank, you'll still need to go through and complete the MSDS for 2 years then only will you be sent for officer training regardless of your qualification.......can't expect someone to walk in to a Captains Rank because he might have a nice degree but has never held a rifle in his life!!!!

Civilian post include: Finance clerks, Groundsmen, Admin clerks, Accountants ect ect

Pic: Former Miss South Africa Ade van Heerden studied to become a Medical doctor through the SAMHS and holds the rank of Lieutenant:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2019
gees9:

Not sure if this helps, but the current commander of 7 Medical Battalion entered service at the rank of captain according to this article? http://www.defenceweb.co.za/sa-defence/sa-defence-sa-defence/new-boss-for-7-med-battalion-group/
This was before the MSDS was implemented also not sure if he did basic then earned his rank or if he was Captain from the start, which would be strange as my Dad also had a degree and even he started as a troopy in the Army, and After his Basic he earned his rank as Lieutenant.

As far as i know Basic=troopy after basic you earn your rank.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2019
gees9:

are you a SA if may ask? And in SA is a captain equal to a private because someone here said that they go into service as privates.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2019
jln115:
This was before the MSDS was implemented also not sure if he did basic then earned his rank or if he was Captain from the start, which would be strange as my Dad also had a degree and even he started as a troopy in the Army, and After his Basic he earned his rank as Lieutenant.

As far as i know Basic=troopy after basic you earn your rank.
OK, the MSDS is new and when did they start to implement it? And again how many years does it take to earn a promotion through sitting for an exam or whatever form?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2019
Geronimoe:
are you a SA if may ask? And in SA is a captain equal to a private because someone here said that they go into service as privates.
if you start Basic you are a troopy/Private as far as I know, one cannot do basic and be a Captain.....simply doesn't make sense....you can obviously be assigned the rank of captain once you finished Basic
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2019
Geronimoe:
OK, the MSDS is new and when did they start to implement it? And again how many years does it take to earn a promotion through sitting for an exam or whatever form?

-MSDS is not that new it's been around since 2003(Yes I know i said it wasn't implemented yet my bad tongue) but was restructured to it's current form in 2005/6.

-It takes 2 years, successful candidates will then be assigned their ranks as either none comm officers or officers.

@frumentius @andrewza are both in the SANDF so they would most likely have better information with regards to recruitment than I do.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:20am On Jan 27, 2019
DAMN,DAMN,DAMN! The largest gun show in the world the Las Vegas Shot Show wound down yesterday after a week.

https://shotshow.org/

Everyone from Beretta,HK,the larger US firms like Colt and Winchester,the newer guys like Barrett,smaller designers like Falkor using aerospace engineering techniques to make the Bentley of the AR world,the Petra is here for a week! Compare with the standard versions.
Btw,tac clothing,knives,shooting,glass,camping gear,gun accessories like holsters,slings and tac ninja poo like bulletproof backpacks are exhibited.I asked my Nevada based namesake to attend even just for 5 mns and show me the AR stands;though its a closed show he has connections but it wasn't to be-so no pics.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by joshingjosh(m): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

Yea it always for professional courses.

Do they see combat??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
jln115:

Pic: Former Miss South Africa Ade van Heerden studied to become a Medical doctor through the SAMHS and holds the rank of Lieutenant:

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 10:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
joshingjosh:

Do they see combat??
This honestly I have no idea... But a friend who did DSSC is posted in the frontline... So I am right to say some circumstances will definitely put him in a combat situation...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by joshingjosh(m): 1:20pm On Jan 28, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

This honestly I have no idea... But a friend who did DSSC is posted in the frontline... So I am right to say some circumstances will definitely put him in a combat situation...

Ok.. thanks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
joshingjosh:

Do they see combat??
Army is Army, prepare to fight.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by joshingjosh(m): 12:14am On Jan 29, 2019
CaptainStephen:
Army is Army, prepare to fight.

Actually I mean Navy or Air Force
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 7:25am On Jan 29, 2019
tribute to former Namibian Army Chief Major General Nambundunga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5HWyZE1Hrk&t=164s
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 9:16am On Jan 29, 2019
joshingjosh:

Actually I mean Navy or Air Force
we all do.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 29, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Troop101: 5:47pm On Jan 29, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 4:08am On Jan 30, 2019
jln115:
OK

OH NO, I'm not into pale anorexic peans stop please.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:23am On Jan 30, 2019
jln115:
OK

Thanks cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2019
Mi 24 , mi 26 , mi 28

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 31, 2019
F16

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 31, 2019
SIGMA frigate MU90 Torpedo launcher . morocco

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2019
As I mentioned my cousin in law's youngest sis survived the D2 attack. Here's her story with the downlow on other details. She was in her office behind reception just off the dining room when the bomber prematurely blew himself up while still outside the patio. She heard the bang and then seconds later the firing began as the 4 terrorists walked into the hotel shooting.
At this point her ears,and mind shut down and she recalls very little. She does remember seeing her dead boss bleeding out in front of her,touching distance,actually and not much else as a collection of surviving workers and guests grouped everyone into a more or less cohesive herd toward safety outside. Movies lie about one detail in action scenes-[b]gunfire in enclosed spaces is EFFING LOUD!! [/b]Her ears rang for a whole day and along with deep scratches on her left calf she can't remember she's fine. Her car,though is still stuck;the cops say she never finished the transfer paperwork in 2017 (true) so its still gathering dust in the car park. It may seem like police paranoia or harassment but one of the AS car had a false number plate and the guy responsible at the National Transportation Safety Authority,Augustine Musembi is behind bars.
Other sources, a buddy of Violet Kemunto's own family,(the bride of the planner who lived in Muchatha) say she was killed in a drone strike,same day trying to cross over to Tz at the Sirare border post. First reports claimed she was arrested,then still being sought:however,the same source swears the ATPU showed them a photo of her dead body same evening. The IED guy's vest I'm told came from Mandera at the Kenya border with Somalia,and was delivered same day. In the evening all the radical Islamic preachers who used to infest Eastleigh screaming anti Christian hate disappeared.
The Eastleigh Diamond Trust bank manager facilitated the hacking of an innocent man's Safaricom Mpesa account-the guy was saving 15$ daily and a 1 mn$ passed through his account without his knowledge. She's currently in. I couldn't confirm some of this with a Foreign intel service person I have access to but some details I was told don't add up. Apparently the SEALS killed them all while they were holed up on the 7th floor by the Recce boys using a Barret 107.A equipped with a see through wall scope. Possible,but the condition of the AS dead automatically precludes such a scenario. That's what they look like-they don't leave normal gunshot wounds in human flesh,but literally vaporise the body,tearing off limbs.
Imo,this was a genuine AS terror attack-meaning no Israelis were involved,also the date didn't feature in Satanic or Hebrew holidays unlike the Westgate ,Garissa,Kikambala December 2002 or even Norfolk hotel new years eve 1980 false flag. Once I've confirmed some details I'll post them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2019
AskiaHarem:

OH NO, I'm not into pale anorexic peans stop please.
You Gay bro!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2019
Angola Af Sukhoi 30K's and its simulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci2cI7seNJ0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2019
Glad to see a general MNJTF offensive strategy finally taking shape.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.