Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,238 members, 7,839,260 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1854) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5999100 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) (1856) (1857) ... (2847) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 12:32pm On May 02, 2019
Can someone confirm if this is true
Kenyan thieves steal guns as police watch Champions League

Police in Kenya have been left red-faced after thieves stole guns and ammunition from an unattended checkpost as the officers on duty watched UEFA Champions League matches down the road.

Three rifles and nearly two dozen rounds were pinched from the checkpost Tuesday evening in Nandi, in Kenya’s west, while the officers wandered off to watch Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi play in the UEFA quarter-finals on television at a nearby shopping mall.
“On returning… they noticed the room of the in-charge, which is also used as an armoury in which the steel box is kept, was broken,” stated a police report into the incident seen by AFP.

A search was underway for the stolen firearms, the report added. It was not immediately clear if the officers faced disciplinary action.

Dutch side Ajax upset Ronaldo’s Juventus while Messi’s Barcelona crushed Manchester United in Tuesday’s quarter-finals.

Football, particularly the top European competitions, is hugely popular in Kenya and across the African continent.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 12:43pm On May 02, 2019
QuietMynd:

Police in Kenya have been left red-faced after thieves stole guns and ammunition from an unattended checkpost as the officers on duty watched UEFA Champions League matches down the road.

Three rifles and nearly two dozen rounds were pinched from the checkpost Tuesday evening in Nandi, in Kenya’s west, while the officers wandered off to watch Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi play in the UEFA quarter-finals on television at a nearby shopping mall.
“On returning… they noticed the room of the in-charge, which is also used as an armoury in which the steel box is kept, was broken,” stated a police report into the incident seen by AFP.

A search was underway for the stolen firearms, the report added. It was not immediately clear if the officers faced disciplinary action.

Dutch side Ajax upset Ronaldo’s Juventus while Messi’s Barcelona crushed Manchester United in Tuesday’s quarter-finals.

Football, particularly the top European competitions, is hugely popular in Kenya and across the African continent.
Unfortunately it happened for real, no fiction. When regular thieves start breaking into police stations to steal guns, That where I tell the world to stop at the next exit so I can get off cause this earth rotation thing might be making me loose my mind , I will have to rethink my entire belief system inorder to come to terms with what is possible in the realm of reality.

Officers from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation have been deployed to the post to interrogate the officers.
Nandi County Commissioner Samuel Kimiti said the officers were being interrogated and the search of the guns had been immediately launched.

https://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/sports/thugs-steal-guns-bullets-from-police-armoury-as-officers-watch-champions-league-matches
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 2:31pm On May 02, 2019
Why did they put those "biscuit" wheels on the RECCE Hornets ?
It must have 10x the ground pressure that the Gecko has.

Henry240:
South African Special Forces
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 3:03pm On May 02, 2019
BIR
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:48pm On May 02, 2019
Fidha254:
If male Soldiers can't exist within the same vicinity as their female counterparts who also wear the exact same uniform. Then they shouldn't be qualified to be deployed to any war where they have to protect women and children in the first place.

My dude,there's real life situations and office notions-trust me:combat isn't for women in either mixed or female only units!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Texman21: 6:01pm On May 02, 2019
@henry240 the fusion center commisioned sometime a how effective is it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 02, 2019
CAPACITY BUILDING: NAF PERSONNEL ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN REACTIVATION OF EC-135 HELICOPTER AT PORT HARCOURT

The ongoing reactivation of the third EC-135 Helicopter, NAF 549, handed over to the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), is progressing steadily as NAF engineers and technicians, assisted by members of the foreign technical assistance team, have successfully assembled the Main Gear Box (MGB) and commenced installation on the aircraft. Completion of the work would bring to 15 the number of previously unserviceable aircraft that have been reactivated by the current Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, in the last 4 years. Most of these reactivations as well as the ongoing Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) on various aircraft types, including 2 C-130H, 3 Alpha Jet and 3 L-39ZA aircraft, are being done in-country in order to build the capacity of NAF personnel to enable them eventually carry out such high level maintenance activities, independently and effectively, in the future.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 02, 2019

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 02, 2019

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 02, 2019

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 02, 2019
Texman21:
@henry240 the fusion center commisioned sometime a how effective is it
Are you referring to the one launched during the GEJ era?

If that's it, any public information on it is available.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:33am On May 03, 2019
Egyptian 21st Century Integrated soldier system EISS

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On May 03, 2019
Algerian1:
Egyptian 21st Century Integrated soldier system EISS
All that!! .......... Yet you telling me they couldn't get any other rifle other than an ak47 straight out of the cold War grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 9:18am On May 03, 2019
kikuyu1:

My dude,there's real life situations and office notions-trust me:combat isn't for women in either mixed or female only units!!
There is a lady who used to be our neighbor when I was a kid. She is Muslim, There is even a video of her on citizen TV when she was just returning from Somalia. She is not the strongest person but she went to Somalia twice! And she has a bullet scar on her stomach and I respect the hell out of her. BTW she's the one who made me gain access to a certain barracks where I've seen training excersices , and when you see her dismantle an m4 and reassemble like no one's business, trust me you'll fall in love instantly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that every woman can do it... But the ones who can should be allowed to do it. Have you watched that John Cena's TV show called American Grit? That show changed my whole perspective on what I thought women couldn't do when competing against strong men. In fact it changed my entire perspective on what I thought strength is, 90% of the most musculine men never made it through.

A few decades ago , Women could never be the head of the family, and in African culture a Widow was forced to marry another member of the family so that she can be protected. In other cultures women couldn't Drive because they'll mess up the road, in Chinese culture women couldn't (still can't) be involved in building tunnels cause it's believed it will collapse! And for a long time Women were not allowed to be in the US marine core in positions that would take them to combat situations and they could also not be allowed to be astronauts for some reason made up by men ......

You need to think about it in this way,based on the history of women taking up more 'manly' roles in society, 20 to 50 years from now will some countries have female generals and will able bodied women be fighting on the front lines just like their male counterparts or not?

Pic not related to the lady I mentioned, but those are other ladies on the frontlines in Somalia and last one is boni forest at the border with Somalia

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaV8King(m): 9:34am On May 03, 2019
QuietMynd:

I posted the original thread when it happened. It did truly happen sadly as Fidha confirmed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:32am On May 03, 2019
Henry240:
New Nigerian manufactured LAV

Prototype.

When will Nigeria ever get it right.

Proforce is up to the task,why waste unavailable funds.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 11:54am On May 03, 2019
giles14:

When will Nigeria ever get it right.

Proforce is up to the task,why waste unavailable funds.

Exactly, they are actively choking off the efforts of the local industry and in the end we will get nothing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 03, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

Exactly, they are actively choking off the efforts of the local industry and in the end we will get nothing.
How?

How you seen the military industries of developing countries?

South-Africa

Denel is choking out the likes of Paramount Group, ICP and DCD.

Turkey
Why does TAI, Aselsan, Rokestan produce arms, it would kill Otokar and BMC

Pakistan

Why is PAC and POF producing arms, it would kill off private manufacturers like "Blitz" Defence.

Developed Country

France
Why is Nexter producing arms, it would kill off privately owned companies like Thales.

You guys have not accessed the defence industry of other countries to compare to that of Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 03, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

When scrutinized on the surface, the argument some of you guys make holds no water.

Why shouldn't the Nigerian army manufacturing company produce weapons?

Your answer is because, it would kill Proforce. undecided undecided undecided

This is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 03, 2019
DOCUMENTARY: “NIGERIAN AIR FORCE REGIMENT AND SPECIAL FORCES”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gosthl6HKNo

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:51pm On May 03, 2019
Fidha254:
There is a lady who used to be our neighbor when I was a kid. She is Muslim, There is even a video of her on citizen TV when she was just returning from Somalia. She is not the strongest person but she went to Somalia twice! And she has a bullet scar on her stomach and I respect the hell out of her. BTW she's the one who made me gain access to a certain barracks where I've seen training excersices , and when you see her dismantle an m4 and reassemble like no one's business, trust me you'll fall in love instantly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that every woman can do it... But the ones who can should be allowed to do it. Have you watched that John Cena's TV show called American Grit? That show changed my whole perspective on what I thought women couldn't do when competing against strong men. In fact it changed my entire perspective on what I thought strength is, 90% of the most musculine men never made it through.

A few decades ago , Women could never be the head of the family, and in African culture a Widow was forced to marry another member of the family so that she can be protected. In other cultures women couldn't Drive because they'll mess up the road, in Chinese culture women couldn't (still can't) be involved in building tunnels cause it's believed it will collapse! And for a long time Women were not allowed to be in the US marine core in positions that would take them to combat situations and they could also not be allowed to be astronauts for some reason made up by men ......

You need to think about it in this way,based on the history of women taking up more 'manly' roles in society, 20 to 50 years from now will some countries have female generals and will able bodied women be fighting on the front lines just like their male counterparts or not?

Pic not related to the lady I mentioned, but those are other ladies on the frontlines in Somalia and last one is boni forest at the border with Somalia

About 7 yrs ago Leakey,the West's fav Man in these parts shoe horned women into anti poaching ranger positions in the KWS. People tried to tell him what would happen but FYI,his major plans always include pleasing his foreign donors and that nigga would've squeezed in homos if he could have!
Anyway late 2011 or 2012 a KWS patrol in the Mara,IIRC led by one of the new female rangers was 'bushed. The survivors reconstructed the events: while a section was in column on a trail on the savanna poachers AK fire came from a small stand of acacia about 150 m on the left. At least 3 AKs were involved in full auto-the whole section immediately found cover in the long grass off the trail and took stock of the situation-1 guy took a bullet in the leg,another in his left upper chest but the platoon leader was KIA.
The 2 guys behind her said later she didn't recognise the direction of danger in the first critical seconds and was actually looking in the opposite direction as the first shots went off. A half year later an almost identical ambush happened killing the female platoon leader and one other. IRL,women's OODA loop,the process by which we conduct war fighting on the personal level meaning, Observe,Orient,Decision,Action loop is way too long for obvious genetic reasons.
I'm told soon after the KWS quietly rescinded women in AP poacher ops.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:59pm On May 03, 2019
61mech:
7.62 makes even less sense in short barrel. Your loosing all the range performance of the round and gaining what ?
I've shot short barrel 7.62's a lot. At night prepare to blind yourself completely and go deaf. There's no flash hider that can compensate for all the powder still left over after the bullet exits form the short barrel.
Impractical in military combat as your basically lighting a flare on yourself every time you pull the trigger after 6PM

Lots of fun though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FylF6mbync

Been busy and almost forgot this post:as a shooter living in America try out the SCAR H and tell us if its true-2 KDF guys told me the recoil is almost as low as a 5.56 mm. Yes,the price of one will buy 2 other rifles but the trade offs of 7.62 NATO imo make up for the negatives like ammo weight.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 5:25pm On May 03, 2019
Henry240:
CAPACITY BUILDING: NAF PERSONNEL ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN REACTIVATION OF EC-135 HELICOPTER AT PORT HARCOURT

The ongoing reactivation of the third EC-135 Helicopter, NAF 549, handed over to the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), is progressing steadily as NAF engineers and technicians, assisted by members of the foreign technical assistance team, have successfully assembled the Main Gear Box (MGB) and commenced installation on the aircraft. Completion of the work would bring to 15 the number of previously unserviceable aircraft that have been reactivated by the current Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, in the last 4 years. Most of these reactivations as well as the ongoing Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) on various aircraft types, including 2 C-130H, 3 Alpha Jet and 3 L-39ZA aircraft, are being done in-country in order to build the capacity of NAF personnel to enable them eventually carry out such high level maintenance activities, independently and effectively, in the future.

NAF should focus on this in-country Periodic Depot maintenance. Really love such intiatives
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 03, 2019
Nigerian Army IPV-1

80 units are currently in service.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:58am On May 04, 2019
Off-Topic

Flying Stryker

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:04am On May 04, 2019
Nigerian navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:15am On May 04, 2019
Nigerian troops CQB training

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01am On May 04, 2019
Nigerian army state of the art mine clearing vehicle.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:23am On May 04, 2019
Henry240:
Nigerian army state of the art mine clearing vehicle.
this reminds me of movie transformer
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 12:30pm On May 04, 2019
Off topic

Check this Instagram video of a blind folded guy who dismantle and re assemble a rifle faster than 3 guys who weren't blind folded.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw-iOdunRjS/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=g6ory2yo7wg1
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 04, 2019
Minusma Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 04, 2019
Rhodesian Army (Zimbabwe)

I never knew any black Zimbabweans served in the army during minority white rule.

To see they had 16,000 Black soldiers serving in a military of 20,000 is actually unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziAOQcIUBM4

(1) (2) (3) ... (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) (1856) (1857) ... (2847) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.