Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5993365 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 9:45am On May 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Unless he lectures people step by step on how to commit fraud,someone saying for example "let's scam people:" in a lyric or tweet. that ain't no crime, unless it was actually done, unless he conspire with others to carry it out, aka conspiracy to commit fraud, it's not a crime. IF he engages in fraud, that is a crime.
so i hear you, perhaps that should have been the news, that he was arrested for fraud, not glorifying it
Y"all need to see some of his tweets and his Facebook videos.
In one he boasted how many times he has been arrested.
In another he said those of us that are working stiffs are idiots.
You have to understand Yoruba because the translation doesn't do it justice.
Basically he is inciting people to get into Crimminal activities.
He loves Facebook and Twitter.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56am On May 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Unless he lectures people step by step on how to commit fraud,someone saying for example "let's scam people:" in a lyric or tweet. that ain't no crime, unless it was actually done, unless he conspire with others to carry it out, aka conspiracy to commit fraud, it's not a crime. IF he engages in fraud, that is a crime.
so i hear you, perhaps that should have been the news, that he was arrested for fraud, not glorifying it
A terrorists telling people to go blow themselves up in a market place is no different from that fraudster naira-marley.

They are both guilty of the same offence of urging people to commit harm.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:13am On May 21, 2019
Henry240:

A terrorists telling people to go blow themselves up in a market place is no different from that fraudster naira-marley.

grin shocked grin grin
It's so annoying seeing people advocating for is release, watched a funny yet stupid video of woman praying for his release in the middle of the night.
Nigeri
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 12:19pm On May 21, 2019
Seems like you aren't getting my point, your example of a "Terrorist", what does that tells you? He's a terrorist, its a known fact, aka, a criminal, that's one thing.
Exercising freedom of expression saying people should turn to a criminal life style isn't a crime, then again, I'm looking at this thru the lens of where i live.
Heck here we have rappers saying shoot the police in their lyrics, guess what, that's freedom of speech.
But as you said, this rapper already committed a crime and he's been charged for it, great, that part was left out before, which was why i thought it was odd to arrest someone for saying something, not doing it. So we good
Henry240:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 12:28pm On May 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Freedom of speech/expressions have 'exceptions'. You can't incite people to commit lawless activities. I don't know about the Nigerian legislation but surely you cannot be a grown man and argue you have the right to profess incitement, hate or threats. You can absolutely not claim free speech in these cases! Wasn't he also found with other people's debit details?

I don't know where you live where rappers can sing outrageous lyrics. I know examples of other countries like UK where drill music is censored, videos taken down or rappers arrested for lyrics of crimes they done or intend to.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 1:28pm On May 21, 2019
I live in the US. Just last year we have bunch of White Nationalists saying on TV how they want Jews eradicated etc, guess what, it's protected free speech, like i said, it depends on country. And if you read my comments, i also said if the guy had committed other crimes relating to fraud, then he's been charged for it, like Henry said, 11 counts or whatever. So no need for debate, i simply thought his only crime was "Glorifying fraud", since that was the original post i saw, that ain't a crime,(depends on where you live i guess, if someone said stuff like that, the prosecutor have to prove that he has committed fraud,if they find it, only then will that person be arrested, saying it ain't enough to arrest or charge. that burden is on the Govt, not the suspect, alas we are talking about Nigeria, so all good.
Wasn't a guy arrested last year or so for naming his dog Buhari, grin grin, i hope it's a rumor, but if true, anyone with common should know that's a problem
BlackBaron:

Freedom of speech/expressions have 'exceptions'. You can't incite people to commit lawless activities. I don't know about the Nigerian legislation but surely you cannot be a grown man and argue you have the right to profess incitement, hate or threats. You can absolutely not claim free speech in these cases! Wasn't he also found with other people's debit details?

I don't know where you live where rappers can sing outrageous lyrics. I know examples of other countries like UK where drill music is censored, videos taken down or rappers arrested for lyrics of crimes they done or intend to.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 21, 2019
bidexiii:

grin shocked grin grin
It's so annoying seeing people advocating for is release, watched a funny yet stupid video of woman praying for his release in the middle of the night.
Nigeri
My brother, can you imagine people? sad

It is sad and funny. By time he's done enjoying his time in the prison, his brain would properly format.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 1:45pm On May 21, 2019
I don't know who he is, nor care, but like you just said, he boasted about how many times he's been arrested, that ain't a crime, he's simply working on his street credit, you know, trying to imitate black yanks, I've seen musicans from nigeria now sagging their pants etc, or our movies now having insane sex scenes we never had before, i simply think Western culture is turning our country into shit
Sounds like a low life with no regard for laws, and sure he should be prosecuted for an actual crime maybe he has no morals, that's on him, but once he commit an actual crime, hang him grin grin
Sane, law abiding people simply need to make their voices heard and counter such things, that's all we can do, we can't stop an idiot from acting like one.
As for me, i will defend his right as i will defend yours, to freedom of speech and expression, remember there used to be times when women are stripped of their clothings right there in Nigeria, say their skirt is too short, and some idiot in military uniform will brutalize a woman for that, it's her right to express herself as she see fit, not a crime. So is freedom to say whatever trash anyone wanna say, shouldn't be illegal.
LTGEN:

Y"all need to see some of his tweets and his Facebook videos.
In one he boasted how many times he has been arrested.
In another he said those of us that are working stiffs are idiots.
You have to understand Yoruba because the translation doesn't do it justice.
Basically he is inciting people to get into Crimminal activities.
He loves Facebook and Twitter.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 1:48pm On May 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
I live in the US. Just last year we have bunch of White Nationalists saying on TV how they want Jews eradicated etc, guess what, it's protected free speech, like i said, it depends on country. And if you read my comments, i also said if the guy had committed other crimes relating to fraud, then he's been charged for it, like Henry said, 11 counts or whatever. So no need for debate, i simply thought his only crime was "Glorifying fraud", since that was the original post i saw, that ain't a crime,(depends on where you live i guess, if someone said stuff like that, the prosecutor have to prove that he has committed fraud,if they find it, only then will that person be arrested, saying it ain't enough to arrest or charge. that burden is on the Govt, not the suspect, alas we are talking about Nigeria, so all good.
Wasn't a guy arrested last year or so for naming his dog Buhari, grin grin, i hope it's a rumor, but if true, anyone with common should know that's a problem
Naira marley is from the UK drill scene which glorify violence amongst other vices. He's probably shifting here to probably compensate for the limited opportunities in the scene. The artists in that genre are heavily censured as part of operation trident as its part of a wider vice threatening communities there. So once you start going off about guns, this, gang that, just expect The Met to cast lens on you and your activities plus a few visit. They can impose curfews, limit the number of people you can meet, where you go or whatnot.

In Nigeria, fraud is now one of the biggest youth vice, so its proper they begin to take steps before it engulfs us. I don't agree on arrests over naming a dog Buhari however but I believe with better education, officials can decipher between silly and serious.
Maybe sooner we'll also get a President who can extend same to the corrupt stealing our resources.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 1:53pm On May 21, 2019
Which is where leadership from Lawmakers, Governors, current Nigerian administration, activism had to come into play, the young just need reliable and honest people to look up to, it's all about countering these behaviors with a better narrative. And create enabling environment for these young folks to make a living, why are we surprised there is so much crime, because these kids can't find a job, and some will stray into the abyss , sadly, they are being failed by their country
BlackBaron:

Naira marley is from the UK drill scene which glorify violence amongst other vices. He's probably shifting here to probably compensate for the limited opportunities in the scene. The artists in that genre are heavily censured as part of operation trident as its part of a wider vice threatening communities there. So once you start going off about guns, this, gang that, just expect The Met to cast lens on you and your activities plus a few visit.

In Nigeria, fraud is now one of the biggest youth vice, so its proper they begin to take steps before it engulfs us. I don't agree on arrests over naming a dog Buhari however but I believe with better education, officials can decipher between silly and serious.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Seems like you aren't getting my point, your example of a "Terrorist", what does that tells you? He's a terrorist, its a known fact, aka, a criminal, that's one thing.
Exercising freedom of expression saying people should turn to a criminal life style isn't a crime, then again, I'm looking at this thru the lens of where i live.
Heck here we have rappers saying shoot the police in their lyrics, guess what, that's freedom of speech.
But as you said, this rapper already committed a crime and he's been charged for it, great, that part was left out before, which was why i thought it was odd to arrest someone for saying something, not doing it. So we good
Where you live is not Nigeria. You need to understand the difference.

There is no difference between a terrorists inciting harm and a fraudster inciting harm.

It is reckless comments like these that led to the death of 800,000 people in 6 days in Rwanda.

This rapper was arrested and charged to court because he committed fraud. Even without this offence he still would have been arrested for inciting violence and harm.

Fraud is a serious problem in Nigeria, we cannot have miscreants openly advocating fraud without fear of consequence.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 2:05pm On May 21, 2019
And if you read my comment i made that clear, how things work where i live is different from back home, so no argument there.
Your initial comment was, he was arrested for glorifying fraud, and i stand by my comment that that shouldn't be enough to arrest. You elaborated and i now see that he did commit fraud, which is okay to arrest.
But Oga Henry, i hear ya, no one wants tyranny, that's all I'm saying. We gotta make sure free speech and freedom of expression is universal
Henry240:

Where you live is not Nigeria. You need to understand the difference.

There is no difference between a terrorists inciting harm and a fraudster inciting harm.

It is reckless comments like these that led to the death of 800,000 people in 6 days in Rwanda.

This rapper was arrested and charged to court because he committed fraud. Even without this offence he still would have been arrested for inciting violence and harm.

Fraud is a serious problem in Nigeria, we cannot have miscreants openly advocating fraud without fear of consequence.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 2:13pm On May 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Which is where leadership from Lawmakers, Governors, current Nigerian administration, activism had to come into play, the young just need reliable and honest people to look up to, it's all about countering these behaviors with a better narrative. And create enabling environment for these young folks to make a living, why are we surprised there is so much crime, because these kids can't find a job, and some will stray into the abyss , sadly, they are being failed by their country
Our leadership is corrupt, activism may not help a hungry man. The solution is more of an economic issue which I think most governments so far have had limited IQ to deal with. Heck, countries are investing heavily on their youths whilst our leaders are stealing their commonwealth. We'll need a different thread on suggestions on dealing with this.
It'll need for the youths to also become wiser to the type of people they elect into government.

And again, there are exceptions to free speech, no less in America where you claim to be. I believe it's enshrined about limitations to free speech. So yes, his arrest is justifiable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 2:23pm On May 21, 2019
Not a claim, i know where i live Chief, not sure why it's hard to get my point, no one said there's no limit to free speech.
A black guy who's stepson was killed by the police said "Let's burn this city down", and then there were protests and riots, and yes charges were filed against him for that, because yes he incited violence. ( i believe those were later dropped)
But we also have people marching on America's street supporting Nazis and denigrating Jews, and that's protected free speech.
My initial comment was reaction to what i read.... "Glorifying fraud", now in what way etc, all that matters, you can't just say someone glorifies Hitler and should be arrested, that would be odd. So after Henry gave more detail, i agreed with him. That's simple enough.
And when you talk about economic issue, isn't that the responsibility of the Govt, so if they are corrupt and youths can't find jobs, well what do you expect, you have high rates of crime, it's 1+1. High unemployment anywhere in the world means a breeding ground for all sort of criminal activities, and i guarantee you, you can't lock them all up.. that ain't the solution, they have to fix the underlying cause.
BlackBaron:

Our leadership is corrupt, activism may not help a hungry man. The solution is more of an economic issue which I think most governments so far have had limited IQ to deal with. Heck, countries are investing heavily on their youths whilst our leaders are stealing their commonwealth. We'll need a different thread on suggestions on dealing with this.
It'll need for the youths to also become wiser to the type of people they elect into government.

And again, there are exceptions to free speech, no less in America where you claim to be. I believe it's enshrined about limitations to free speech. So yes, his arrest is justifiable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 21, 2019
Nigeria Army All Terrain Vehicle - IPV-1

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 21, 2019
G

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 21, 2019
Nigerian army IPV-2 coming soon.

I can't wait.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 21, 2019
Nigerian troops trying out Ara MRAP MK-2 during state trials.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 2:45pm On May 21, 2019
Henry240:
Nigerian troops trying out Ara MRAP MK-2 during state trials.
that is the mk 1 and it's in combat not trials
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 2:51pm On May 21, 2019
Man, that thing is huge grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 2:57pm On May 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Man, that thing is huge grin
Bigger than a tank
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 21, 2019
Toju200:
that is the mk 1 and it's in combat not trials
Can you spot the difference between these 2 vehicles?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:07pm On May 21, 2019
Henry240:

Can you spot the difference between these 2 vehicles?
Dude no difference and those were the first set of the vehicles
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 21, 2019
Toju200:

Difference number 1

-The Vehicle in the first picture has it's exhaust underneath the vehicle.
While the vehicle in the second picture has it's exhaust pipe by the side.

Difference number 2

- The storage compartments and and the steps on vehicle in the first picture are large, very large

- The storage compartment and steps on the second vehicle are have been streamlined.

Those are the key differences.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by blacKDalia: 3:15pm On May 21, 2019
Oga sir, everything is a process ; there were times past when musicians were held liable for their lyrics in the USA, even people that sell these cd's where also held liable for the promotion of obscene content.Ve u ever heard of 2 live crew and NWA? Read about their arrests and court cases. So, like I said early, Nigeria is a process, even the US too.

Sizzorkay:
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 21, 2019
Toju200:
Here are clearer pictures.

Vehicle 1

Vehicle 2

Can you spot the difference now?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:17pm On May 21, 2019
Henry240:

Difference number 1

Difference number 2

- The storage compartments and and the steps on vehicle in the first picture are large, very large

- The storage compartment and steps on the second vehicle are have been streamlined.

lol dude no difference.its the angle the photos were taken.thats why
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 21, 2019
Toju200:
lol dude no difference.its the angle the photos were taken.thats why
Spot the exhaust pipes then?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:20pm On May 21, 2019
Henry240:

Here are clearer pictures.

Vehicle 1

Vehicle 2

Can you spot the difference now?
still no difference bro. the mk1 has two separate windshield.while mk2 has 1 I don't have the pic share if u do to confirm

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 21, 2019
KDF in somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:21pm On May 21, 2019
Henry240:

Spot the exhaust pipes then?
that does not make it mk2
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by blacKDalia: 3:28pm On May 21, 2019
Lol. When you asked can you spot the difference? All I did see is the grill on the front of the first vehicle is absent on the second, and also the lamp on the second vehicle is absent on the first. But how the heck do you expect someone to notice the exhaust underneath the vehicle.

Henry240:

Difference number 1

Difference number 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.