Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5987158 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 3:38pm On May 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Economy is of course the government's issue. I implied that unless we have a solid blueprint of what to follow for us to become 'developed', we will continue to struggle with a mish-mash of new governments every 4-8 years all with differing methods of leadership only interested in building short term projects.(What happened to Millennium Development Goals. Poverty alleviation amongst others) You can continue to build and refurbish 10 school blocks every fortnight but still, the same inefficiency (half baked teachers, useless principals, etc) Why not also invest in reinventing the whole education system as a long term infrastructural project. Maybe if we had serious governments that continued to invest in education, we wouldn't have a multitude of foot soldiers for bh, kidnappers in the North and South. If from 1999 with serious investments, we'll be having some graduating by now and providing value to society instead of having to now deploy our armies to every nook and cranny because of insecurity.

If we have sustained just one or two such blueprints, we won't be in this quandary. But we might as well crack down on especially influential Nigerians who incite or encourage already terrible vices in the country.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 21, 2019
blacKDalia:
Lol. When you asked can you spot the difference? All I did see is the grill on the front of the first vehicle is absent on the second, and also the lamp on the second vehicle is absent on the first. But how the heck do you expect someone to notice the exhaust underneath the vehicle.

Lmfao grin grin grin grin grin grin

It's called attention to detail.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 21, 2019
Toju200:
that does not make it mk2
There are a number of improvements from the initial prototype. Too obvious to ignore, hence it is MK-2.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:42pm On May 21, 2019
Henry240:

Can you spot the difference between these 2 vehicles?

grin grin grin grin..... ...
Too big grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 21, 2019
FPB-98 OCEA . algerian navy

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:19am On May 22, 2019
The SAAF

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 12:01pm On May 22, 2019
I Swear, Whenever I see a cop with that CZ scorpion , a voice in my head tells me to grab it and start running

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 22, 2019
blacKDalia:
Lol. When you asked can you spot the difference? All I did see is the grill on the front of the first vehicle is absent on the second, and also the lamp on the second vehicle is absent on the first. But how the heck do you expect someone to notice the exhaust underneath the vehicle.

with your eyes! shocked shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 1:22pm On May 22, 2019
A messy and Fuc'd up historical account of why Mombasa came to earn its name which means "The Island of war"

https://twitter.com/HistoryKE/status/1130905485463441408

As I conclude, we know that the Mombasa old town was called Mvita. As I have reported before, the first Commissioner of the East Africa Protectorate, Sir Charles Eliot, describing Mombasa, wrote thus, “In virtue of the advantage of its position, it's good climate and fine harbors, Mombasa was the most important point, yet it cannot be said to have been the political center of the surroundings. It was simply the place which was most fought about and often burnt”.
“The native name Mvita means war, and never was a name more justified by history. There can hardly been a town in the world which has been besieged, captured, sacked, burnt and razed to the ground so often and in so short a time...”

During his second and third voyages Vasco da Gama used his superior fire power and heinous human rights abuses to subdue his enemies in the Indian Ocean and for the next 100 years the Portuguese were masters of the region. In the course of this period, the Portuguese had an unfortified factory in Malindi as their main base.

It was not until the Turkish raids of 1585 and 1588 that the Portuguese decided to build a fort at Mombasa harbour. At the orders of King Philip 1 of Portugal, it was built between 1593 and 1596 to guard the Old Port of Mombasa. On 11th April, 1593 the fort was dedicated and named “Fortaleza de Jesus Mombaca” by Mateus de Mendes de Vasconcelos (who was then Captain of the coast and resided in Malindi).
Relations between the Portuguese and the Sultan of Mombasa began to deteriorate after the departure of the first captain Mateus. In 1631, the Sultan of Mombasa, the Goa-educated Muhammad Yusif entered the fort and took the Portuguese by surprise, killing the captain, Pedro Leitao Gamboa and the whole Portuguese population of Mombasa (45 men, 35 women and 70 children). Between 1631 and 1895 Fort Jesus was captured and recaptured between the Arabs and Portuguese a total of nine times. After the Portuguese recaptured it in 1632, they refurbished it and built more fortifications making it more difficult to penetrate.

Ultimately the fort was subject to an epic siege by the Omani Arabs led by Saif bin Sultan, from 1696-98 marking the end of Portuguese dominance at the coast. The Portuguese recaptured the fort briefly between 1728 and 1729 with the help of Swahili States. The fort came under local control when the people of Mombasa recaptured it in April 1729 before the Omanis re-took it in 1837 converting it into barracks.

When Kenya was proclaimed a Protectorate on 1st July, 1895 the fort fell under British command and was converted into a prison.

Today the fort combines Portuguese, Arab and British elements and is the most visited tourist attraction in Mombasa. The most noticeable feature are the 56 Portuguese and British cannons which are beautifully restored and mounted in the courtyard with some facing the Indian Ocean as they would have done during engagement. The British cannons are known as carronades and have a shorter barrel than the Portuguese cannons. Oman Arabs marked their presence with numerous inscriptions from the Koran on the walls.
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/life/society/-rich-history-behind-Fort-Jesus-and-ruthless-fights-over-control/3405664-3501364-6ndhi1/index.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:16pm On May 22, 2019
Kenya Navy Ship - Jasiri on a training cruise along the eastern seaboard of Africa.... Docked at the port of Maputo , Mozambique. Donated some 6 tones of Medical supplies to assist those affected by Cyclone Kenneth and Cyclone Idai. The supplies were handed over to Mozambique's Defense Minister by he Kenyan counterpart.

on-board the ship

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:45pm On May 22, 2019
Fidha254:
I Swear, Whenever I see a cop with that CZ scorpion , a voice in my head tells me to grab it and start running

grin grin shocked grin grin
That's not a good voice Broda grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 22, 2019
El moundjid tug boat class .algerian navy

86 m long .

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 22, 2019
Fidha254:

Kenya Navy Ship - Jasiri

Whats the equipments, weapons on it ?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by blacKDalia: 5:45pm On May 22, 2019
jln115:
with your eyes! shocked shocked

A twin sensor eyes :x ray and binoculars. I think I can see from this distance with Jacob Zuma and his many concubines drinking mkomboti.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 5:55pm On May 22, 2019
Algerian1:

Looks like an AK-630. It's a Soviet and Russian fully automatic naval close-in weapon system based on a six-barreled 30 mm rotary cannon. It is mounted in an enclosed automatic turret and directed by MR-123 radar

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 22, 2019
SU-25 Frogfoot

DR Congo upgraded SU-25 Frogfoot

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 22, 2019
Another SAAF Pilot with some seriously heavy balls:

https://www.facebook.com/grace.favor.58/videos/2377326685833610/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:52pm On May 22, 2019
The SANDF and the SAPS

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:58pm On May 22, 2019
jln115:
Another SAAF Pilot with some seriously heavy balls:

https://www.facebook.com/grace.favor.58/videos/2377326685833610/

This is very common with South African pilots, an SA Link pilot pulled the same with an Embraer ERJ 190 AR at an airshow I attended, over and over again.

It's skilful flying

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:24pm On May 22, 2019
Fidha254:

Come to SA, you'd be allowed to own one for yourself. wink

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 22, 2019
GreenandGold:

This is very common with South African pilots, an SA Link pilot pulled the same with an Embraer ERJ 190 AR at an airshow I attended, over and over again.

It's skilful flying
The skills shown in that Mozambique flood rescue vid you posted was imo even more impressive...... Anyway its good to have you back posting regularly again, see you took some 6 months of from nairaland!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 22, 2019
Algerian1:
El moundjid tug boat class .algerian navy

86 m long .
Your tug a bit different to ours grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 22, 2019
jln115:

Your tug a bit different to ours grin grin

type UT 515 CD : tonnage 3200 tons , 86 m length, that the beast tug boat model , used to rescue and tow big ships in tempest + fire fighting and pollution

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:50am On May 23, 2019
Fidha254:

I fully understand! The APs actually have a wide range of new gear including AR 10s and Beretta 200s though the old FN s and G3s won't be completely phased out.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:19am On May 23, 2019
jln115:

The skills shown in that Mozambique flood rescue vid you posted was imo even more impressive...... Anyway its good to have you back posting regularly again, see you took some 6 months of from nairaland!!

Thanks man, I took some time off, I had to

The SAAF once again

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:00am On May 23, 2019
Algerian1:

type UT 515 CD : tonnage 3200 tons , 86 m length, that the beast tug boat model , used to rescue and tow big ships in tempest + fire fighting and pollution
Ours just tows big ships into port................and used for firefighting, not much else really!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 9:58am On May 23, 2019
Algerian1:

I only knew of a Naval gun on the front side, The weapon highlighted is a recent addition I don't know what else was upgraded .. its is one of those Close-in Weapon System CIWS controlled by a fire control Radar to automatically fire at incoming missiles or fast projectiles ,incoming enemy helicopters... etc ...

If i'm correct, it's a Russian AK-630

The AK-630 is a Soviet and Russian fully automatic naval close-in weapon system based on a six-barreled 30 mm rotary cannon. In "630", "6" means 6 barrels and "30" means 30 mm. It is mounted in an enclosed automatic turret and directed by MR-123 radar and television detection and tracking. The system's primary purpose is defense against anti-ship missiles and other precision guided weapons. However it can also be employed against fixed or rotary wing aircraft, ships and other small craft, coastal targets, and floating mines. Once operational, this weapon system was rapidly adopted, with up to 8 units installed in every new Soviet warship (from mine-hunters to aircraft carriers), and hundreds produced in total

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 10:37am On May 23, 2019
GreenandGold:

Come to SA, you'd be allowed to own one for yourself. wink
Ha!, maybe I just might.... Anyway, I remember last year I went to a shooting range in Nairobi for the first time, They gave me a tiny pistol to start with since I was an armature, didn't even feel the recoil.... I remember the police actually brought a range of rifles they were experimenting on, and registered members of gun owners association (the regulars) were allowed to 'test' them and give there comments... One dude put the thing in full auto --- it was beautiful.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 10:52am On May 23, 2019
kikuyu1:

I fully understand! The APs actually have a wide range of new gear including AR 10s and Beretta 200s though the old FN s and G3s won't be completely phased out.
There are times you see a group of cops, each one with a different rifle, I think for a while the NPS wanted to know what the cops preferred to use, and because of bureaucracy there is some delay somewhere and this is how its gonna be for a while - every cop picks their preferred poison .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 23, 2019
L-39ZA Albatros algerian AF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 23, 2019
Tunisian army

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 23, 2019
Paracommando algeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: currentflow(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.