Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1975) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5963261 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1972) (1973) (1974) (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 10, 2019
kabe1:

Bros we no like Aradu again. We don tire for Aradu, Aradu don tire for Aradu. We want new Ship.
New ships cost money which unfortunately Nigeria doesn't have a lot of at this stage!! Same as SA!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2019
jteku:
Off topic,

Russia has used Syria as a testing ground for their latest weapon.

Please can someone name the weapon used.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B54hV5vn77hITrImQe6jwWohhyZn7IZqJ8qYaQ0/?igshid=9k09hcntrl6a
O boy. Just look at the massive shockwave shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2019
jln115:
New ships cost money which unfortunately Nigeria doesn't have a lot of at this stage!! Same as SA!
Don't insult Nigeria by categorizing it with SA.

What the Nigerian navy has purchased you people in South-Africa are still dreaming about it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
Would NN finally forget their LPD dreams if this surpasses expectations?
Is LST not the same thing as LPD?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2019
kabe1:

Don't insult Nigeria by categorizing it with SA.

What the Nigerian navy has purchased you people in South-Africa are still dreaming about it.
What have you purchased? because you have yet to purchase any frigates, or Subs or LPDs.....

the LST is nice ill admit but after that i don't dream about anything the Nigerian Navy has.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
[quote author=jln115 post=84791456]What have you purchased? because you have yet to purchase any frigates, or Subs or LPDs.....

the LST is nice ill admit but after that[b] i don't dream about anything the Nigerian Navy has.[[/b]/quote]
ok, leave it like that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2019
kabe1:

ok, leave it like that

Then stop saying the most ret@rded sh1t!! and making this a Nig vs SA thing

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
@Kabe1

this is what i meant.....

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/sea/sea-sea/nigerian-navy-wants-13-billion-acquisition-programme/

"Ibas said the new equipment would help the navy fully secure the country’s territorial waters against piracy, armed robbery at sea, crude oil theft and illegal bunkering, poaching, smuggling, vandalism, kidnapping, proliferation of small arms, illegal waste dumping and oil pollution.

However, he said the navy was concerned about the ‘substantially progressive decrease’ in government budgetary allocations for its capital and overhead expenditures since 2012."
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2019
kabe1:
No it isn't
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2019
jln115:

In other words:

1Sub
1 frigate
1LST
1LPD
1 OPV long range
1 OPV short range

Hopefully they reconsider the LPD option and share the money over getting 1 more Frigate and LST.

One reason Aradu is where it is today is because it wasn't bought in pairs according to NN purchase policy in those days
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2019
jln115:
Still doesn't seem like a rational reason to fling $250m on a ship I reckon can only have 10-13yrs more. Forget the armament,it goes to waste after those years
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
No it isn't

What is the difference. Don't they do the same thing?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
Damen - Landing Ship Transport 100

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
jln115:
Subs? Corvettes? LPDs? Bro sorry to burst your bubble but your not buying all that for 1.3 billion.... 3 subs alone will cost almost 1.3 billion.
u're misquoting me on this part..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
kabe1:

What is the difference. Don't they do the same thing?
You'd have to read up on it yourself to get extensive understanding.
But here goes(based on operations), LPDs have a well deck for which when they "dock" offshore, they allow water to flood this well deck so man and machines can be transported out by landing crafts in it. The LPD doesn't beach, its like a stable headquarters offshore

LSTs are smaller (in Tonnage) and carry men and equipment directly to beach

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2019
SuperSixSeven:
Damen - Landing Ship Transport 100
About a large company's worth of troops can be moved to relatively far away waters. Not bad

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
Toju200:
u're misquoting me on this part..

This is what you said isn't it?

Toju200:
currently Nigeria navy it's at it's third phase of it's strategic planning.They plan to buy more OPVs coverttes three conventional subs, Long range Helos, and Frigates the out matches the Aradu so it can be replaced,LPDs e.t.c

How am I misquoting you?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
You'd have to read up on it yourself to get extensive understanding.
But here goes(based on operations), LPDs have a well deck for which when they "dock" offshore, they allow water to flood this well deck so man and machines can be transported out by landing crafts in it. The LPD doesn't beach, its like a stable headquarters offshore

LSTs are smaller (in Tonnage) and carry men and equipment directly to beach

Thanks alot. This goes far enough.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
kabe1:

not at all!!

Never mind I see odunayaw has replied wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2019
cry I miss the days when I'd not be able to read through one page here without seeing monikers like Frumentius, Patches, MikeCzar etc

A lot of noise then but good times nonetheless cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2019
jln115:

This is what you said isn't it?

How am I misquoting you?
I didn't say the 1.3billion would cover 3 subs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
Toju200:
I didn't say the 1.3billion would cover 3 subs
Ok. So why would you say 3 subs when infact Nigeria is only planning to by 1 sub?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
cry I miss the days when I'd not be able to read through one page here without seeing monikers like Frumentius, Patches, MikeCzar etc

A lot of noise then but good times nonetheless cheesy
true

Think I'm the only SAn left on this thread cry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
jln115:
Ok. So why would you say 3 subs when infact Nigeria is only planning to by 1 sub?
it's according to their strategic acquisition plan.it comes in three phases and now they are in third phase...And it states in the third phase 3 conventional subs.They can't acquire it once..U should know that
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
Toju200:
it's according to their strategic acquisition plan.it comes in three phases and now they are in third phase...And it states in the third phase 3 conventional subs.They can't acquire it once..U should know that
Bro let's just agree to disagree and move on smiley

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
Interesting, that's about $195k per vehicle. Not bad.

I don't know why I don't believe the 12kg stuff tho. What's the weight class of the Ezugwu

I dont think Nigeria ever paid more than $300,000 for a foreign made MRAP to be honest and many we got for free.
However at N70m Naira apiece, the Nigerian Army should simply standardize on this platform and just match with different turrets (local and foreign) for each type of mission.
We need to stop importing fully built MRAPs forthwith. We need the jobs, we need the money saved going to things like Army Aviation

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2019
jln115:

Bro let's just agree to disagree and move on smiley
better

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2019
Toju200:

Why not buy three armed UUVs for the LSTs next year and just one submarine in 2023/25
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2019
Jimi24:

I dont think Nigeria ever paid more than $300,000 for a foreign made MRAP to be honest and many we got for free.
However at N70m Naira apiece, the Nigerian Army should simply standardize on this platform and just match with different turrets (local and foreign) for each type of mission.
We need to stop importing fully built MRAPs forthwith. We need the jobs, we need the money saved going to things like Army Aviation
less than 25unit from the US are the many?

Either ways, I agree with your submission. Its easier to tweak as we wish. Jobs, jobs and jobs (Although I think the steel is still imported). And the best of them all, Watchful eyes can now be on our procurements.

Next step for DICON is to revamp Ammo production.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
If our surface department (Navy) is not up to standard it'd be foolishness to start doing anything for the subsurface
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
less than 25unit from the US are the many?

Either ways, I agree with your submission. Its easier to tweak as we wish. Jobs, jobs and jobs (Although I think the steel is still imported). And the best of them all, Watchful eyes can now be on our procurements.

Next step for DICON is to revamp Ammo production.
I think the ammo production is Going on fully well they supplied the Army 5million rounds last year..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2019
Toju200:
I think the ammo production is Going on fully well they supplied the Army 5million rounds last year..
Interesting, but I'm not talking of 7.62 rounds, I'm talking of ammo up to the Howitzer rounds

(1) (2) (3) ... (1972) (1973) (1974) (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.