Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,067 members, 7,863,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6035049 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2020
kabe1:

That's why I'm asking now, how many years behind scheduled is the Badger IFV?
Do you have amnesia? Didn't you state how long it's behind schedule?

Now why don't you man up and admit you blatantly lied!! cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2020
jln115:
Do you have amnesia? Didn't you state how long it's behind schedule?

Now why don't you man up and admit you blatantly lied!! cool

I want you to tell me, so that in the future, I'll be certain.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
kabe1:

I want you to tell me, so that in the future, I'll be certain.
I'll tell you once you admit you blatantly lied smiley

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2020
jln115:
I'll tell you once you admit you blatantly lied smiley

You guys take this internet thing to seriously.

I made an error, it wasn't deliberate.

So tell us how many years is it delayed for?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 07, 2020
kabe1:

You guys take this internet thing to seriously.

I made an error, it wasn't deliberate.

So tell us how many years is it delayed for?
Dude it's called sarcasm grin..... I've never taken NL seriously, I was literally just mimicking you!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 07, 2020
3:45-6:45........ shocked shocked shocked ridiculously impressive!!!!! They almost striped their R4s just as quick blindfolded grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt-s9_6OBs0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 9:20am On Nov 07, 2020
You all remember when Canada blocked the delivery of the Canadian WESCAM CMX 15D turrets used in the production of Turkey's TB2 drones used by Azerbaijan in the nargono-karabakh war, turkey just rolled out their own locally made version. Apparently they've been attempting to make their own version for a very long time because of the high cost of the Canadian version. And the technological breakthrough came at the best time.
https://twitter.com/Baykar_Savunma/status/1324666871627567109?s=19

This country is something else

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:38am On Nov 07, 2020
The Cheetah B and Cheetah C seen flying on the 22nd of October 2020.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 5:12pm On Nov 07, 2020
jln115:
3:45-6:45........ shocked shocked shocked ridiculously impressive!!!!! They almost striped their R4s just as quick blindfolded grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt-s9_6OBs0
Normal level na grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2020
CaptainStephen:
Normal level na grin
is it now! grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2020
GreenandGold:
The Cheetah B and Cheetah C seen flying on the 22nd of October 2020.
Cheetah D..... There has never been a production Cheetah B model
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2020
Scout element of NAF special forces regiment

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 1:40am On Nov 08, 2020
Please block his face.I take God beg you
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 1:49am On Nov 08, 2020
Was just thinking same thing, but why do these guys keep sharing their own pics? I mean, someone took it right? and he pose for the camera grin grin
Very soon Prada go come dey recruit these guys for photoshoot grin

LTGEN:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JohnEagle96(m): 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2020
LTGEN:
Is that not an RPG or sort of surveillance device in the hands of second operator by the left?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:41pm On Nov 08, 2020
RPG
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2020
Modern combat

Azerbaijan, Armenia urban street combat.

Azerbaijani forces have defeated the Armenian army and taken control of the second largest city in Nargano-Karabahk, next objective would be the capital.

Footage shows Armenian soldiers engaging Azerbaijani soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZrcK5z6Lc

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2020
kabe1:
Modern combat

Azerbaijan, Armenia urban street combat.

Azerbaijani forces have defeated the Armenian army and taken control of the second largest city in Nargano-Karabahk, next objective would be the capital.

Footage shows Armenian soldiers engaging Azerbaijani soldiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZrcK5z6Lc

If only Nigeria would invest in buying the Bayraktar, with MAM-L and MAM-M missiles . IMO, that would even be better than the Tucanos. The Turkish drones hands down won this war for the Azeris and it did so in just over a month.

https://mobile.twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/1325421621503516672

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mekussa(m): 9:32pm On Nov 08, 2020
They say action speaks louder than words.
I remember how we shouted down someone on this thread who was advocating for the massive use of drones in the N.E.

Look at the damage done by drones in Armenia. This happened in a space of months. I don't think BOKO BOYS would survive if they got this level of damage.

They don't have to be Turkish, Chinese attack drones would do.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
shadowprimezero:

If only Nigeria would invest in buying the Bayraktar, with MAM-L and MAM-M missiles . IMO, that would even be better than the Tucanos. The Turkish drones hands down won this war for the Azeris and it did so in just over a month.

What advantage does this give to Nigeria?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2020
mekussa:
I remember how we shouted down someone on this thread who was advocating for the massive use of drones in the N.E.

Look at the damage done by drones in Armenia. This happened in a space of months. I don't think BOKO BOYS would survive if they got this level of damage.

You didn't get the actual crux of that debate. That individual was saying drones should be used to target foot soldiers. That's not the best method of employment of UCAVs.

What Turkey has done in this conflict, there's no proof to show Azerbaijani are the ones conducting these drone strikes, is that they have used the drones to target armour, SEAD missions and large grouping of soldiers.

That's how Drones are used.

Also note, Drones are slow moving aircrafts, they can be targeted easily by more modern air defence systems. We've seen this in Syria, Libya and now Armenia.

We need to have a mix of highly capable offensive systems. If we add the 8 UCAVs which we just procured, plus the 4 units previously in service we would have a good mix of offensive assets for LICW environment.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
shadowprimezero:

I will not advice Nigeria to go for any advanced "Turkish" system.

They are only Turkish in branding, not practice.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2020
New photos of seaward defence boat 3
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
mekussa:

Is the Armenian case a LICW or COIN case?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 10:47pm On Nov 08, 2020
kabe1:

I will not advice Nigeria to go for any advanced "Turkish" system.

They are only Turkish in branding, not practice.

1. How does any of that matter if the drone is able to achieve such extreme levels of success and almost single-handedly changed the tides of wars in Syria, Libya, Iraq and now Azerbaijan?

2. Turkey is working towards fully indeginizing all critical components across all of its drone classes. Typical example is when Canada suspended shipments of optics about two weeks ago, it took Turkey less than a week to integrate and test new optics from Aselsan with very comparable results to the Canadian one. Ditto for engines, Turkey is already working on one with Rocketsan and Aselsan and has just signed a defence agreement with Ukraine on further engines amongst other things, including for its next generation fighter jet currently in development.

In conclusion, Turkish defense tech is moving at an exceptional pace and has already proven itself. Nigeria would gain a lot by establishing a working partnership. Sanctions on Turkey's defense industries seem to be having the exact opposite effect.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Acemal71/status/1324669836912431104

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 10:58pm On Nov 08, 2020
Things looking real bad in Ethiopia cry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2020
NAF troops in training

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:24am On Nov 09, 2020
shadowprimezero:

1. How does any of that matter if the drone is able to achieve such extreme levels of success and almost single-handedly changed the tides of wars in Syria, Libya, Iraq and now Azerbaijan?

2. Turkey is working towards fully indeginizing all critical components across all of its drone classes. Typical example is when Canada suspended shipments of optics about two weeks ago, it took Turkey less than a week to integrate and test new optics from Aselsan with very comparable results to the Canadian one. Ditto for engines, Turkey is already working on one with Rocketsan and Aselsan and has just signed a defence agreement with Ukraine on further engines amongst other things, including for its next generation fighter jet currently in development.

In conclusion, Turkish defense tech is moving at an exceptional pace and has already proven itself. Nigeria would gain a lot by establishing a working partnership. Sanctions on Turkey's defense industries seem to be having the exact opposite effect.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Acemal71/status/1324669836912431104

It didn't change the tide of war in Syria, after initial losses, government forces were able to deal with the UCAV problem with the deployment of Buk & Tor systems.

In Libya, yes, in Azerbaijan, they have also been very effective.

Turkey does not have the technology for any sort of full indigenization as you have claimed, from the infographic I earlier posted, all the critical parts used in TB2 are imported.

The Aselsan optics you refer to, if we dig a little deeper still has western parts. It is also clearly more inferior than the Wescam optics currently in use.

Look at the T-129 helicopter for the Philippines and Pakistan, deliveries might never happen. The ships for Pakistan also relies heavily on western parts.

In conclusion all the evidence shows Turkey doesn't have an indigenous, independent defence industry. All the claims of Turkish made systems are a ruse. It's like saying Pakistan manufactures the JF-17.

We are better off buying critical weapon systems from China, Russia or directly from the West. Thankfully our military planners have identified this problem and are doing just that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:03am On Nov 09, 2020
kabe1:
New photos of seaward defence boat 3
where
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lebuhsi(m): 7:56am On Nov 09, 2020
mekussa:

I think you forget very quick that this is conventional warfare

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mekussa(m): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2020
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]quote author=lebuhsi post=95841261]

I think you forget very quick that this is conventional warfare[/quote]

I never forgot it not a conventional war.
However, I don't think Boko boys would be so quick to confidently mobilize themselves and drive in a convoy of 10,15,20 or 30 cars to attempt an attack on an army base, outpost, super camp or any town if they knew that the possibility of their getting their behinds kicked on short notice exists. The drone function I envisiage is for taking out the trucks while boots on ground do the mop up.

Drones don't need the conventional length of runway to take off or land, they also have a good loiter time which means its possible for attack and reconnaissance drones to be assigned to super camps in the field and deployed immediately info on an approaching convoy is sighted instead of waiting for support from the nearest airport. They can also sight an ambush and do some damage.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.