Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5973316 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2021
RiceProducers:

No official source yet and no pictures but some of the birds are here
Good news.

I didn't realize we were in second week already.

Induction will be like September or October.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by cutievik: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2021
iblawi:

Good news.

I didn't realize we were in second week already.

Induction will be like September or October.

That's too far na!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2021
cutievik:

That's too far na!

Baba na so them dey do their thing o.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2021
F89. Scrap Fighter craft �
Navy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:34am On Jul 08, 2021
The NASS has approved the supplementary Budget of which $1.7 B will be used for procurement.
Does anyone have any tidbits on what the FGN plans on procuring?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 7:08am On Jul 08, 2021
NTSA:

CS/VP14 MRAP from Chinese Poly Technologies. The MRAP has been in service with kdf in Somalia and was fisrt seen during the standoff between Ethiopian and Kenyan soldiers in Kismayu, Somalia 2019.
Do you know what the standoff was about?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 7:20am On Jul 08, 2021
LTGEN:
The NASS has approved the supplementary Budget of which $1.7 B will be used for procurement.
Does anyone have any tidbits on what the FGN plans on procuring?

The Nigerian Airforce got $1b.
So it is essentially NAF budget.
I guess at least 6 MI 35M, possibly the rumored new M346FA, maybe six more JF17.
Lots of UAVs.
The NAF has never been comprehensively financed like this since Nigeria became an independent Republic.

Interestinhly, most aircraft manufacturers are now asking for 100% upfront payment so we are not going to be seeing procurements in 3s and 4s any longer.
We would be buying in squadrons.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:32am On Jul 08, 2021
The Israeli company Elbit Systems announced that last week it signed a contract for an initial supply of 11 Iveco Guaraní 6 × 6 armored personnel carriers (VBTPs) with the Government of the Republic of Ghana.
This was a government-to-government sale.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:05am On Jul 08, 2021
Lurker4Long:
The Israeli company Elbit Systems announced that last week it signed a contract for an initial supply of 11 Iveco Guaraní 6 × 6 armored personnel carriers (VBTPs) with the Government of the Republic of Ghana.
This was a government-to-government sale.

As part of the same $86 million deal, Ghana will also be acquiring 9 Elbit Sentinel 8x8 IFVs.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 8:20am On Jul 08, 2021
RiceProducers:

I guess at least 6 MI 35M, possibly the rumored new M346FA, maybe six more JF17.
Lots of UAVs.
The NAF has never been comprehensively financed like this since Nigeria became an independent Republic.

Interestinhly, most aircraft manufacturers are now asking for 100% upfront payment so we are not going to be seeing procurements in 3s and 4s any longer.
Really hope this is true.
The NAF of all the Armed Forces needs more Helicopters and Fixed Wing Aircraft.
We need those MI-35s like yesterday.
Sentiment and Politics aside.
Perhaps the NA finally gets its T-90s and its MRAPS there was a story in FB that Nigeria �� had made a P.O.on US Made MRAPS.
I haven’t got a corroborating source yet.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:49am On Jul 08, 2021
Nigerian security services conduct simulation exercise in Abuja

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:05am On Jul 08, 2021
Nigerian Special Forces conduct simulation exercise in Abuja

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:10am On Jul 08, 2021
Nigerian Special Forces commandos

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:17am On Jul 08, 2021
RiceProducers:

Lots of UAVs.

Nigerian Air Force is getting $600 million not $1 billion.

Unsurprisingly as the are by far the most effective branch of the military.

I agree that the remaining 7 MI-35M helicopters would be gotten.

I think more JF-17s and at least 2 additional MI-17 helicopters would be purchased.

Nigeria would not buy M346FA with this money as we really don't have a pressing requirement for that aircraft at this stage.

Nigeria might continue to buy aircrafts in 3's and 4's as we consider infrastructural development to be more important than military spending.

There won't be a wholesale investment in the military at the expense of infrastructure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:20am On Jul 08, 2021
More photos from Abuja joint security services simulation exercise

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:21am On Jul 08, 2021
Some more

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:26am On Jul 08, 2021
Nigerian Special Forces and Security Agencies simulation exercise

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:35am On Jul 08, 2021
Chemical warfare simulation exercise Abuja

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 9:49am On Jul 08, 2021
kabe1:

I think more JF-17s and at least 2 additional MI-17 helicopters would be purchased.

Nigeria would not buy M346FA with this money as we really don't have a pressing requirement for that aircraft at this stage.

Nigeria might continue to buy aircrafts in 3's and 4's as we consider infrastructural development to be more important than military spending.

There won't be a wholesale investment in the military at the expense of infrastructure.

Alpha Jet replacement has always been on the NAF long term plan. That was what informed my view.
I believe only M346 meets that trainer/CAS requirement along with existing relationship with the OEM.
Note that an initial order for just 6nos of M346 is just about $200m

Procurements in 3s and 4s tend to be second hand/pre-owned stuff or hand-me-downs.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by seankafor(m): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2021
kabe1:
any video
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:05am On Jul 08, 2021
seankafor:
any video

Only low quality phone videos for now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2021
RiceProducers:

Alpha Jet replacement has always been on the NAF long term plan. That was what informed my view.
I believe only M346 meets that trainer/CAS requirement along with existing relationship with the OEM.
Note that an initial order for just 6nos of M346 is just about $200m

Procurements in 3s and 4s tend to be second hand/pre-owned stuff or hand-me-downs.

I agree that NAF has a long term replacement plan for the Alpha Jets. However that replacement would not be done with this fund.

NAF would not buy additional UCAVs with this fund either, we already have 8 units which have been paid for, also existing UCAVs in service.

Remember we lost a couple of light transport aircrafts, some of which double as ISR aircrafts. They need to be replaced. I can count 3 units lost.

There is also a need for additional Skyhawks (MI-35m), including MI-17.

We need to order an additional batch of JF-17s.

So these are the areas NAF would most likely spend in my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 10:19am On Jul 08, 2021
kabe1:
Nigerian Special Forces conduct simulation exercise in Abuja

DSS*
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:43am On Jul 08, 2021
youghs:

DSS*

I was just about to say the same thing.

These guys are DSS.

Not police, SBS or military

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:43am On Jul 08, 2021
youghs:

DSS*
Very Good identification
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 08, 2021
Toju200:
Very Good identification
Storm troopers

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2021
RiceProducers:

Lots of UAVs.

kabe1:

kabe1:

I agree that NAF has a long term replacement plan for the Alpha Jets. However that replacement would not be done with this fund.

NAF would not buy additional UCAVs with this fund either, we already have 8 units which have been paid for, also existing UCAVs in service.

Remember we lost a couple of light transport aircrafts, some of which double as ISR aircrafts. They need to be replaced. I can count 3 units lost.

There is also a need for additional Skyhawks (MI-35m), including MI-17.

We need to order an additional batch of JF-17s.

So these are the areas NAF would most likely spend in my opinion.

Can anyone confirm if this is true. tongue

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
AskiaHarem:

Can anyone confirm if this is true. tongue

Wikipedia is not a reliable source.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2021
I see Team Wendy ExFil helmets, Multicam Black Camo and finally some Tactical Headsets. smiley

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2021
Watch Simulation exercise video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCrK7RI_DHM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
kabe1:

Nice images @kabe1, this are the types of ops training we should start training for.
Especially with the commencement of the railway system across the nation.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nigerian Navy SBS participating during simulation exercise

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.