Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5953989 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nemesis4you:

I kind of doubt it is full 5th gen more like the Korean KFX with external weapons carriage

I think we would first look at the globally accepted parameter which is used to classify 5th Gen.

Then we can measure if this aircraft fits into the bill or not.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
kabe1:

I think we would first look at the globally accepted parameter which is used to classify 5th Gen.

Unfortunately there is no standardisation regarding 5th gen parameters for obvious reasons

So end of the day publically everyone accepts the OEMs designation

Publications & armchair analysts opinions are at the end of day personal opinion which might be unanimous or not , correct or not

What i said regarding it not being full 5 th gen is bec i suspect it has no IWB , but if OEM says it is 5 th gen than it is, as the norm is to follow OEM claims regardless

I simply posted my opinion nothing much to it

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2021
I have lost count the number of Alpha jet we have in the past 10 years
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
kabe1:

Who set the parameters first of all?

That one no concern Russia. They might even have better parameters. Even China is not building theirs to fill such requirements.

Every nation knows what's best for them.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nemesis4you:

Unfortunately there is no standardisation regarding 5th gen parameters for obvious reasons

So end of the day publically everyone accepts the OEMs designation

Publications & armchair analysts opinions are at the end of day personal opinion which might be unanimous or not , correct or not

What i said regarding it not being full 5 th gen is bec i suspect it has no IWB , but if OEM says it is 5 th gen than it is, as the norm is to follow OEM claims regardless

I simply posted my opinion nothing much to it

I agree with what you've said.

What's IWB?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:20pm On Jul 19, 2021
iblawi:

Who set the parameters first of all?

That one no concern Russia. They might even have better parameters. Even China is not building theirs to fill such requirements.

Every nation knows what's best for them.

I would say stealth, super cruise, data analysis and fusion along this line.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2021
kabe1:

I agree with what you've said.

What's IWB?

Internal weapons bay

Though i will prefer to wait for the official confirmation wheather it has it or not
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
kabe1:

I would say stealth, super cruise, data analysis and fusion along this line.

Even some 4th gen aircrafts can supercruise in a given configuration , sports data / sensor fusion

So there is considerable overlap between generations

Eg. some developers might include 3rd gen features to cut costs or complexity and include some 4th gen features to take advantage of the same , and the OEM decides to classify it as 4th gen . In that case who will have the necessary cause to question the OEM and for what , nobody in serious business will do that

So at the end all these gen naming conventions don't exactly serve any precise purpose ( except for marketing ) , since publically OEM designation is taken as the last word , it needs to be

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2021
From what i know a true 5 th gen fighter will be expensive to procure , maintain and operate

This very reason will keep 4++ gen aircrafts going for long with incremental inclusion of advanced features like sensor fusion , active stealth features , unmanned wingmans etc

Unmanned wingmans will definitely be a big factor followed by unmanned combat bomber drones definitely in a collaborative fighter bomber role with manned fighters in the loop in the background for support, direct intervention if required etc

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nemesis4you:

Internal weapons bay

Though i will prefer to wait for the official confirmation wheather it has it or not

This is a mock-up though. We don't know yet if the Russian Air Force would be interested.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nemesis4you:
From what i know a true 5 th gen fighter will be expensive to procure , maintain and operate

This very reason will keep 4++ gen aircrafts going for long with incremental inclusion of advanced features like sensor fusion , active stealth features , unmanned wingmans etc

Unmanned wingmans will definitely be a big factor followed by unmanned combat bomber drones definitely in a collaborative fighter bomber role with manned fighters in the loop in the background for support, direct intervention if required etc

This makes sense.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
lionel4power:

Still can't figure out the name of that particular drone. Any help?
It seems I didn't attach the link correctly, maybe this screenshot will help. You might need a paid subscription to read some of the content.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nemesis4you:

I kind of doubt it is full 5th gen more like the Korean KFX with external weapons carriage

I think hypersonic missiles will give it a slight edge over f22 /f35 ..seems the Americans are quite behind in that area. Plus we don't know the range of its radar
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
kabe1:

This is a mock-up though. We don't know yet if the Russian Air Force would be interested.
Internal weapons bay helps to reduce the radar cross-section thus increasing stealth. Maybe the Russians are compensating it with other features. I have also read articles claiming stealth is becoming useless.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
NTSA:

Internal weapons bay helps to reduce the radar cross-section thus increasing stealth. Maybe the Russians are compensating it with other features. I have also read articles claiming stealth is becoming useless.

If this aircraft doesn't have an IWB, then it's a significant loss. The design looks very aerodynamic too.

Quite a number of countries have developed tech to beat stealthy planes, which was bound to happen anyway.

I think there's a type of attack aircraft to cover all requirements.

There's a huge market for this sort of aircraft, but we'll have to wait and see what the official unveiling would bring.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
Incoming hot with fire & fury NAF A-29 Super Tucano ISR High endurance attack aircraft over flying in combat formation and landing at Prestwick Airport from Iceland enroute Nigeria.

Instilling pride of Nigerianess: The Nigerian Airforce Africa's most experienced in combat.

This is a pride to watch. NAF is the best.
With the arrival of these beasts in the air more than half of our internal security problems are solved. No stopping Africa's superpower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t511iZAm_IU

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
kabe1:

If this aircraft doesn't have an IWB, then it's a significant loss. The design looks very aerodynamic too.

Quite a number of countries have developed tech to beat stealthy planes, which was bound to happen anyway.

I think there's a type of attack aircraft to cover all requirements.

There's a huge market for this sort of aircraft, but we'll have to wait and see what the official unveiling would bring.

At least this is a huge media stunt for Sukhoi, questionable if the Russian air force is interested at all but it caches some attraction from countries that have no access to western stealth technology if those are ready to invest into the companies Research & Development.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2021
New SU-75 cockpit display and Internal Weapons Bay

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:01pm On Jul 20, 2021
Details on the Sukhoi Checkmate fighter:
-Short Take Off and Landing
-$25-30 million cost
-3k km range or 1.5k km combat radius
-1,900 kph speed
-More than 7 ton payload
-First flight set for 2023
-2024-2025 construction of prototypes
-2026-2027 pilot batch/serial deliveries

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nigerian Air Force Super Tucano spotted on it's way to Nigeria

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nigerian Tucs spotted flying home

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
kabe1:
-$25-30 million cost
-1,900 kph speed
-More than 7 ton payload

Wait first, how much did we pay for the JF-17s?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
Whyem15:

Wait first, how much did we pay for the JF-17s?

185 million including training and weapons.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nigerian Air Force A-29 Super Tucano

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2021
NTSA:

I think hypersonic missiles will give it a slight edge over f22 /f35 ..seems the Americans are quite behind in that area. Plus we don't know the range of its radar

Speed is just one factor not the overriding factor
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2021
kabe1:
New SU-75 cockpit display and Internal Weapons Bay

So it has IWB , thats clears it up
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2021
kabe1:
-$25-30 million cost
-1,900 kph speed
-More than 7 ton payload

Sukhoi set 25-30 million dollars for a 5 th gen aircraft seriously

Thats a salesman trap IMO

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nemesis4you:

Sukhoi set 25-30 million dollars for a 5 th gen aircraft seriously

Thats a salesman trap IMO

Sukhoi says it's a 5th Gen aircraft, however the cost is quite unrealistic.

It's target at South-American, African and South Asian clients.

Apparently the Russian MoD would buy them too.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nemesis4you:

So it has IWB , thats clears it up

It does look like a great fighter too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNDrTSDmaZY

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nigerian Super Tucs

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
kabe1:
Nigerian Air Force A-29 Super Tucano

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
Nigerian Air Force Embraer A-29 Super Tucano attack and counter-insurgency aircraft

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.