Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5953872 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2021
RiceProducers:

Mounted, not necessarily integrated. Integration is a software thing. It is laptop based work on the computers inside the aircraft and then the mounting.

I am just wondering whether the final integrations won't be done in Nigeria or not
This is a non-argument except you just wish to argue for argument sake. It is already integrated. Otherwise, what have the pilots been training with all these months?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2021
Xbee007:

This is a non-argument except you just wish to argue for argument sake. It is already integrated. Otherwise, what have the pilots been training with all these months?

I agree. I forgot there were live weapons training already done. That's good news. So they are ready to be pressed in service. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2021
RiceProducers:

I agree. I forgot there were live weapons training already done. That's good news. So they are ready to be pressed in service. Thanks
Yes, straight into service.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
What happened to this Paramount Group Aircraft?

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2021
kabe1:
What happened to this Paramount Group Aircraft?

I came here to post this. It's at the USSOCOM trials for Armed Overwatch. No details yet.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2021
Lurker4Long:

I came here to post this. It's at the USSOCOM trials for Armed Overwatch. No details yet.

If there was any chance initially for this aircraft, this accident has completely destroyed it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2021
Lurker4Long:

cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:15am On Jul 15, 2021
kabe1:

If there was any chance initially for this aircraft, this accident has completely destroyed it.
How?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:15am On Jul 15, 2021
Odunayaw:
How?

You're in a competition with other aircrafts, and your aircraft sustains this sort of accident.

You don't have a chance any more.

Your rivals will capitalize on this, the client would also score your aircraft poorly.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:38am On Jul 15, 2021
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:10am On Jul 15, 2021
kabe1:

You're in a competition with other aircrafts, and your aircraft sustains this sort of accident.

You don't have a chance any more.

Your rivals will capitalize on this, the client would also score your aircraft poorly.
Too simplistic. Except the cause of the accident raises eyebrows there'd nothing like all you've said.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:24am On Jul 15, 2021
Odunayaw:
Too simplistic. Except the cause of the accident raises eyebrows there'd nothing like all you've said.

No need to argue over this, end results will tell.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
Off-topic:
registration for 35-50 year olds to get vaccinated opened last night and I duly registered. Got my first jab an hour ago.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Lurker4Long:
Off-topic:
registration for 35-50 year olds to get vaccinated opened last night and I duly registered. Got my first jab an hour ago.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2021
kabe1:
Nigeria's advanced maritime security surveillance system, Falcon Eye
Nice stuff...seems you guys are investing lots of resources on your navy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 3:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
kikuyu1:

I rmbr a decade or so ago it was basically an open field and only a couple of 25 and 50 m firing lanes would let you know it was a shooting range!
Now they're holding IDPA tournaments. Mind you, it's mainly civvies, connected though behind it all. We've a depth of naturally talented shooters and in couple of years will compete with SA.

[url][https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/Sports/2001416785/results-kenyan-shooters-hold-benchmark-tournament-ahead-of-idpa-championshipurl]
After westgate and dusit there has been a surge of civilians wanting to own firearms . Gunshops and dealers have also Increased ... though the govt is making it hard especially the licensing part.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
FIRST BATCH OF A-29 SUPER TUCANO AIRCRAFT DEPART THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FOR NIGERIA

The first batch of 6 A-29 Super Tucano aircraft have departed the United States of America on Wednesday, 14 July 2021 enroute Nigeria. The 6 aircraft will be leapfrogged through 5 countries including Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Spain and Algeria before arriving their final destination in Nigeria towards the end of July 2021.

An official induction ceremony of the aircraft into the inventory of the Nigerian Air Force is already being planned at a later date in August 2021 to be announced in due course. The Office of the Director of Public Relations and Information remains open to any inquiry regarding the arrival and induction of the aircraft.

Thank you.

Edward Gabkwet
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
15 July 2021

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
NTSA:

Investing in the Nigerian Air Force - Yes

Nigerian Navy- Not really
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
NTSA:

Nigerian spends around 4 billion dollars on defence, most of the funds go to the air force.

I'll say 45% to the Air Force, 30% to the army and 25% to the Navy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nigerian Navy Naval Air Station we can see 2 x AW-139 and 1 x A-109 about to take off.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
bidexiii:
Military releases 1,009 ex-Boko Haram fighters to Borno govt

https://punchng.com/military-releases-1009-ex-boko-haram-fighters-to-borno/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1626327812

REPORTS ON RELEASE OF BOKO HARAM FIGHTERS IN BORNO FALSE

The Nigerian Army (NA) has been notified of a media publication alleging that the NA has handed over 1009 Ex-Boko Haram fighters to Borno State government. The report also alleged that the event was shrouded in secrecy. This report, is obviously one of those attempts to dampen troops' morale and denegrate the NA, riding on the back of unsubstantiated report and misinformation.

While the NA would not want to join issues with the masterminds of this false narrative, it is important to set the records straight.

It is an indisputable fact that the ongoing Counter Terrorism Counter Insurgency Operations (CTCOIN) in the North East has led to the arrest of several terrorism/insurgency suspects. These suspects have been held in custody, while undergoing profiling and further investigations by experts from the Joint Investigation Centre (JIC) and those who are found culpable are usually handed over to prosecuting agencies accordingly, while those who are not implicated in terrorism and insurgency are cleared and released to the state government for rehabilitation before they are reintegrated into the society. These cleared suspects are therefore not ex Boko Haram fighters, as peddled in the said online report and as the masterminds would want to impress on the public. A total of 1009 cleared suspects, not ex fighters, were therefore released after this rigorous process on Wednesday 14 July 2021. It is also necessary to categorically state that the handing over of the cleared suspects was not shrouded in secrecy as it was witnessed by United Nations Humanitarian and government agencies, in tandem with global best practice.

The NA therefore urges the general public to discountenance this misinformation, as it is evidently a manipulation and distortion of the truth and reality of the event.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
15 July 2021
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nigeria to have Africa’s strongest military
– Osinbajo

He said in a few years, Nigeria would become “by far, the greatest military force in Africa.”

“We are Africa’s largest economy by GDP – states of Nigeria have larger economies than many African States. We have become the last frontier for major economic growth.

Vice President of Nigeria
Professor Yemi Osinbajo

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/340110-nigeria-to-have-africas-strongest-military-osinbajo.html

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nigerian Air Force A-29 Super Tucano

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
kabe1:
Nigerian Air Force A-29 Super Tucano
Rejoice not my beloved people for these things you see are not instruments of war. They are farm implements remodeled to look terrifying. Why are they not being considered for armed overwatch? Because they can be armed but they cannot watch.

These things do not deserve an induction.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
Salatavor:
[s]Rejoice not my beloved people for these things you see are not instruments of war. They are farm implements remodeled to look terrifying. Why are they not being considered for armed overwatch? Because they can be armed but they cannot watch[/s].

You're a nonentity.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 10:55pm On Jul 15, 2021
kabe1:

You're a nonentity.
so why then do you quiver and squirm in fear before me?

The instruments that your masters have acquired cannot withstand the terror of a potent foe. These aircrafts are at best good for wildlife hunting expeditions. I believe a nation that has attached the word giant to its name should not walk in the footsteps of ants.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
Russia's new 5th Gen single engine aircraft targeted at the export market.

Aircraft is due to be unveiled at MAKS 2021

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nigerian locally made Inshore Patrol Boats and Rhibs( imported) due for commissioning.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:11am On Jul 16, 2021
Odunayaw:
I'm always in awe of people gifted with the talent to determine what went wrong -in a situation with multiple possibilities- based on looking at a photo. grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2021
Salatavor:
Rejoice not my beloved people for these things you see are not instruments of war. They are farm implements remodeled to look terrifying. Why are they not being considered for armed overwatch? Because they can be armed but they cannot watch.

These things do not deserve an induction.
Once in 365 days resist the urge to be an idiot

At least have dignity and stop being a mumu on every post

13 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:52am On Jul 16, 2021
Close up shots of new Russian single engine 5th generation fighter.

I would think the Nigerian Air Force would be very interested in this aircraft.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:55am On Jul 16, 2021
VIP transport AW 139, NAF 540 and NAF 541 in Kano yesterday....just been wondering if anyone has an idea on the status of NAF AW101 both of them ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.