Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5949829 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2021
Wetin Nigeria go con do now
GabrielYulaw:

Rumor confirmed. So those guys were lying about the reliability and reach of their rifles. Not very surprised.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

Is this a joke,
The soldiers who fought in world war 2 are dead na, or too old...
You depend on what u had in the past to fight ur current wars .. okay, southies have the super power of travelling back to the past to bring their former weapons and men of destruction to fight theirpresent war.t wink

Did someone say nukes grin grin grin grin grin

Na you dey answer am. I was reading until I saw Nigeria was under British slavery(Nigeria was a British protectorate before it became a colony) until 1960. And my thought was na who do this man like this. If this is a point for you then consider when apartheid ended in SA. There's a difference between white ruled SA and black ruled SA. I also hate these comparisons, there should be no reason for all the BS, but I see that many of them here will be happy with an effed up Nigeria. Don't know why, maybe Nigerians in their countries are effing up but why hate millions more that have never crossed into their border.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 10:23pm On Sep 06, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

Rumor confirmed. So those guys were lying about the reliability and reach of their rifles. Not very surprised.

No reasons given in the article also no source where this information came from, but i do not think the Tavor has reliability issues as you assume - export customers would have reported those.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2021
Odunayaw:
cheesy See how well Ethiopian battle experience is helping them

If u recall, someone once argued about Ethiopian military vis nigerian military, saying Ethiopian military will floor Nigerian military in a war confrontation due to their battle experience.
I think it was this same Lionel back then.
Which lead to a melt down.

Rugged was still active then

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 10:50pm On Sep 06, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Regardless of whatever political system, fact is that South Africa stopped being a colony and got its independence from Great Britain in 1910. Just because the majority -of which I'm part - was disenfranchised on racial grounds, doesn't change that fact. It's like arguing that the US wasn't independent until 1920, when the majority -women- finally got the vote.

Therein ends the history lesson for the day.
As you were...
Wow, I thought u re boer
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:56pm On Sep 06, 2021
QuietMynd:

If u recall, someone once argued about Ethiopian military vis nigerian military, saying Ethiopian military will floor Nigerian military in a war confrontation due to their battle experience.

cheesy Let's forget the past na

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 11:21pm On Sep 06, 2021
Odunayaw:
cheesy Let's forget the past na
I totally agree
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Roan77: 11:37pm On Sep 06, 2021
QuietMynd:

No, it was Ugo4
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:34am On Sep 07, 2021
kabe1:
Nigerian Air Force MI-35P
This is special operations group port Harcourt airbase. The chopper was tattooed there.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 9:40am On Sep 07, 2021
jl115:
so did I grin grin

I'm like chikl/Algerian1...... I've tried to leave.... But I can't cry cry

Well, for what its worth, we're actually happy to have you back grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 10:24am On Sep 07, 2021
#DRC Eastern Congo - newly deployed KDF (#Kenya military) United Nations QRF force undergoing mandatory jungle training near Beni before full deployment.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2021
kabe1:

GEJ Diplomacy is usually too soft, too understanding.

We need a hardliner to act as a counter-weight to him with regards to diplomacy.

Short term military interventions are really important, however i don't think we should get into it for now.

Although i believe we can spare 2,000 soldiers for any intervention.

Short Term, yes. Long Term..... NO!!!
It is only but a coup and unless it morphs into a full blown conflict, I do not think we should be involved at all bar sanctioning or soft/medium diplomacy.

Apart from her location in West Africa, Guinea offers nothing to Nigeria but for her instability causing issues for our neighbours.

I just believe our current state of insecurity means we requires all hands on deck; the personnel and hardware should be solely dedicated to resolving or containing the situation especially in the North. Anything more than this is grandstanding.

& @Covert1

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nigerian Service Chiefs attending a security briefing with the President of Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Sa SFs..... Probably a repost but its what I have on phone currently grin grin

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
Some more randoms on my phone while I wait for my flight to Joburg....

New SAN IPVs and hydrographic vessel...

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
Armed A109s of NAF and SAAF

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BeforeJuly: 1:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lurker4Long:
Rumours that Israel will shift the Tavor to Reserve soldiers, with regular troops getting the M4 rifle. They'll join France, New Zealand and China(?) as countries who've recently abandoned bullpups as issued rifles to regular infantry.
That leaves Australia, Austria, and the UK as regular users of bullpups.
Good riddance, I've only shot 2 of the things and never liked them.

@kikuyu1, come this side.
Lol that's the DSS poster rifle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lurker4Long:
Rumours that Israel will shift the Tavor to Reserve soldiers, with regular troops getting the M4 rifle. They'll join France, New Zealand and China(?) as countries who've recently abandoned bullpups as issued rifles to regular infantry.
That leaves Australia, Austria, and the UK as regular users of bullpups.
Good riddance, I've only shot 2 of the things and never liked them.

@kikuyu1, come this side.

Be careful for expected high self esteem comments! The truth will ALWAYS OUT!? Just a glance at a bullpup if you know what to look for will tell you more than screeching fangirls. Despite their lightweight they're unbalanced with most of the weight at the rear negatively affecting quick pointing and thus accuracy. Also the mag pos makes changes awkward and slower than in normal rifles.
Fyi,Jean-Fraude to the accompaniment of guitar music was the first to develop the FAMAS in '77 and are now switching to the M4.

Another critical issue with the F1 was the magazine housing and associated feed mechanism responsible for mechanically taking rounds from a magazine and placing them into the chamber for firing.

The nature of the F1's initial magazine design was for magazines to be used "once only" before disposal or recycling.

In the immediate years following the rifle's introduction, reduced French military budgets meant that the "one time only" magazines were needed to be used repeatedly. This resulted in frequent stoppages and jamming.
https://www.forces.net/technology/weapons-and-kit/france-phasing-out-its-famas-rifle-what-will-replace-it

GOODNESS!?

The Steyr it seems is also a POS judging from many comments and you wonder:these guys abandoned their own FN,the STG 58 for this junk!?
Lesson being? Stick with what works.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 2:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
kikuyu1:

Be careful for expected high self esteem comments!

A high self esteem comment from someone that has actually never fired an rifle. wink

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

A high self esteem comment from someone that has actually never fired an rifle. wink
Kikuyu1 is from Kenya, where like SA, civilians can own firearms.
But, man can speak for himself.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
American drug problem will take decades to solve.
Jst watch some saddening video clip from YouTube.
A whole city full of zombies.
The city seems to be poor

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
kikuyu1:

Be careful for expected high self esteem comments! The truth will ALWAYS OUT!? Just a glance at a bullpup if you know what to look for will tell you more than screeching fangirls. Despite their lightweight they're unbalanced with most of the weight at the rear negatively affecting quick pointing and thus accuracy. Also the mag pos makes changes awkward and slower than in normal rifles.
Fyi,Jean-Fraude to the accompaniment of guitar music was the first to develop the FAMAS in '77 and are now switching to the M4.

https://www.forces.net/technology/weapons-and-kit/france-phasing-out-its-famas-rifle-what-will-replace-it

GOODNESS!?

The Steyr it seems is also a POS judging from many comments and you wonder:these guys abandoned their own FN,the STG 58 for this junk!?
Lesson being? Stick with what works.
Puffed-up Lilliputians peacocking as Brobdingnagians are best ignored.

And to think we also joined the bullpup bandwagon with the Vector CR-21. Got to shoot the thing in the US of all places.
I'm left-handed and the ejection is at such a forward angle, brass was hitting me in the face (I'm 1.96m tall, and the ejection hood Denel put in works if you're shorter). Bad trigger, oil spitting all over the place and the yucky plastic feel of the thing. Glad the SANDF and SA Police Service said no and stuck with the R-series of rifles.

Great sight though.
I see they've become a status symbol with the Venezuelans.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
jl115:
Armed A109s of NAF and SAAF

Thank you Leonardo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
RiceProducers:

Thank you Leonardo
I might be wrong, but I recall reading somewhere that the arming and integration thereof of the SAAF A109s was done domestically, by ATE, which is now part of Paramount.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
How is this contraption supposed to work? I'm not an engineer, but my high school physics tells me this won't work.
Effort has to be acknowledged, I guess.
As someone said on the other thread, best to stick with the proven in the last photo.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Puffed-up Lilliputians peacocking as Brobdingnagians are best ignored.

And to think we also joined the bullpup bandwagon with the Vector CR-21. Got to shoot the thing in the US of all places.
I'm left-handed and the ejection is at such a forward angle, brass was hitting me in the face (I'm 1.96m tall, and the ejection hood Denel put in works if you're shorter). Bad trigger, oil spitting all over the place and the yucky plastic feel of the thing. Glad the SANDF and SA Police Service said no and stuck with the R-series of rifles.

Great sight though.
I see they've become a status symbol with the Venezuelans.
I think it boils down to preference.
Some soldiers would pick the Tavir design over the conventional ones..
But where majority hates the Tavor design, it better for the army to switch to the conventional style, which leads to easy and general maintenance.
In those pics, majority are with modern aks not the bullpups.

So the ak qualified more as symbol of status
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lurker4Long:
How is this contraption supposed to work? I'm not an engineer, but my high school physics tells me this won't work.
As someone said on the other thread, best to stick with the proven in the last photo.
The bikes have more antiballistic cover, is faster and more maneuverable. In battle every single inch ballistic protection matters.

Meanwhile I have just finished watching Eagle Wings... The Nigerian Airforce are trying and that movie though it was acted by non professionals clearly depicts a service arm that has the people at the heart of it operations. I pray that is true...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lurker4Long:

It makes no sense.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
kabe1:
Nigerian Service Chiefs attending a security briefing with the President of Nigeria
One would wonder if the photo session is more important to them than the actual meeting...

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Won't work how?. You need to know the use case first. The motorcycles are not fighting platforms. They are silent engine 2-wheelers for recce and assault. Using them in the field might involve frequent stops for observation with field glasses or NV scopes.
They are ideally for minimizing effect of ambushes and IEDs on the platoon.

I don't think the men shoot in the mounted position on the bikes

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
jl115:
Sa Army SFs..... Probably a repost but its what I have on phone currently grin grin

They're not SA Army SF, but SANDF SF, drawn from all services: Army, Navy, Air Force and Military Health. Which is why, as a strategic asset, they are under the direct command of Chief of Joint Ops.
But I suspect you know this and were using shorthand. Incidentally, I agree with the Defence Review recommendation that 1 Para should be moved to report to CJOps, as backup to SF. Chief of Army won't like it, but it makes sense. In any case, 44 Para Regiment now has a 2nd Para battalion in 4 Para and should have no problem giving up 1 Para.

We'll wait and see what the new Chief of SANDF, who previously commanded SF Brigade, does.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
Salatavor:
One would wonder if the photo session is more important to them than the actual meeting...
If them dress tethered na una go still say
" even uniform this guys can't maintain why should we trust them with multi-million naira equipments and organisation"

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.