Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5967242 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
Xbee007:

I have seen videos of the way this is used by Talibans. The motorcycle is parked and then the gun is dismounted and placed on a very stable 2 leg stands, the motorcycle standing as the third leg so it is stable. The gunner has nearly 360 degree rotation. You can also raise it up and down.
Truth be told, I'm a battlefield novice. I'd imagine whilst very mobile around difficult terrains, a quad bike might just be better with stability and all.

Let the bikes be for recce unless the end justifies the means. That NA contraption is a most horrible one and should be hidden.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
BlackBaron:

Truth be told, I'm a battlefield novice. I'd imagine whilst very mobile around difficult terrains, a quad bike might just be better with stability and all.

Let the bikes be for recce unless the end justifies the means. That NA contraption is a most horrible one and should be hidden.
See one of the bikes before the contraption was added. It was perfect and great for recce.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 7:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nigerian Navy Seaman armed with a 9mm Beretta CX4 Carbine

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nigerian Mavy Seaman armed with a TAR X-95

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
mekussa:

So, in your book, the center of gravity is just about weight (and if for some weird reason it is, the ballistic protection weighs as much as a full grown man)?
Well, if high speed isnt a consideration for bikes in a combat zone for you, I concede to your high intellect.

No be engineering class be this sha.
I drop my pen.

İ am a mech eng. Pls don't tell me about c.g.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
Xbee007:

See one of the bikes before the contraption was added. It was perfect and great for recce.

How do you recce in the Savannah with 7ft high shrubs without some elevation?. Everyone discussing these as if field requirements did not dictate this retrofit. It is annoying the idea that a few army welders would just join up steel bars together without engaging anyone
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
jl115:
Marais is the Shadow Minister for the opposition party, he knows very well how the serviceability of our offensive platforms work... Submarines: 1 in service, 1 in reserve, 1 under maintenance. Frigates more or less the same, give or take 1-2 in service.... Also there have been 2 subs at sea in the last couple of months.... But let's not let the truth get in the way of political grandstanding

However Rooivalk upgrade is a must, Oryx was upgraded just a couple of years ago to mk2 standard... Maybe he didn't remember project drummer??

MPA procurement is a must!!

New medium and tactical airlift to replace our C130s and casa 212s are also a must...

Hmmmmmmmm, and some people were just comparing Nigeria military that have over 200 thousand men and women of war to a nation that wants to reduce it little force of just 75 thousand to 50 thousand. While just last year Nigeria army alone past out 8 thousand men from depor Kaduna combine all three arm of our military, Nigeria past out more than 10 thousand men and as I speak the three arm of the military is currently recruiting more men into service. Military procurement is going on for the Nigerian armed forces and some people come here to say rubbish. Especially jl115, dead military.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tobiloba24072: 12:39am On Sep 09, 2021
RiceProducers:

İ a mech eng l. Pls don't tell me about c.g.

What school did you attend?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 12:50am On Sep 09, 2021
Tobiloba24072:

What school did you attend?

İ could tell you and the year but alas, I am sure you were not born yet then.... talking drag force in the design of a bush motorbike.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tobiloba24072: 2:38am On Sep 09, 2021
RiceProducers:

İ could tell you and the year but alas, I am sure you were not born yet then.... talking drag force in the design of a bush motorbike.

I wonder why off road bikes are designed the way they are to reduce drag, and power bike and bikes about 200cc are aerodynamically efficiently designed. Baba, you didn't go to school, because even someone in ss1, knows better than you.And I don't think you're older than I'm. You want to create resistance to a moving objects, and you expect it to be stable, it would have a tumbling effect!!! what's wrong with you ?.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mekussa(m): 6:27am On Sep 09, 2021
RiceProducers:

İ am a mech eng. Pls don't tell me about c.g.

Sorry o. I didn't know.
Me, I am an ordinary olodo bus conductor that dropped out of primary school.
I wont tell you about c.g again.
No vex.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2021
" do you know who am I?", "do you know I'm the brother of...", "do you know I'm...". Once you start hearing statements like these in any discussions or argument, just die the matter and walk away if possible. I can't fit shout.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mekussa(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2021
Geronimoe:
" do you know who am I?", "do you know I'm the brother of...", "do you know I'm...". Once you start hearing statements like these in any discussions or argument, just die the matter and walk away if possible. I can't fit shout.

GBAM!!!
GOD bless you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 10:36am On Sep 09, 2021
quantity vs quality.

In which case I'm guessing Chinese Military is more powerful than US's because they have the largest standing Army? Nope.
leave this matter

MAN1960:

Hmmmmmmmm, and some people were just comparing Nigeria military that have over 200 thousand men and women of war to a nation that wants to reduce it little force of just 75 thousand to 50 thousand. While just last year Nigeria army alone past out 8 thousand men from depor Kaduna combine all three arm of our military, Nigeria past out more than 10 thousand men and as I speak the three arm of the military is currently recruiting more men into service. Military procurement is going on for the Nigerian armed forces and some people come here to say rubbish. Especially jl115, dead military.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 11:12am On Sep 09, 2021
Sizzorkay:
quantity vs quality.

In which case I'm guessing Chinese Military is more powerful than US's because they have the largest standing Army? Nope.
leave this matter

Two brilliant chaps in the SA airforce missile room could make a division of the Nigerian Army very worried.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:15am On Sep 09, 2021
MAN1960:

all I'm I'm going to say is quantity doesn't equal quality wink

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 3:29pm On Sep 09, 2021
Nigeria, Sub-saharan Africa's preeminent military and economic power now with the capability to deploy diverse destructive game changing weapons like the one seen below

A JF-17 Thunder Air Superiority Fighter Jet deploying a Range Extension Kit (REK) Bomb

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
jl115:
all I'm I'm going to say is quantity doesn't equal quality wink
Not to support or oppse anyone... But just saying

"It doesn't in anyway mean that the quantity produced is not up to quality". cheesy

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

"It doesn't in anyway mean that the quantity produced is not up to quality". cheesy
grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

I agree.... But obviously mine wasn't a jab at Nigeria where as your countrymen was obviously trying to take a shot at SA....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
MAN1960:

Don't mind them ooo, they'd look for anything to look relevant. Simply put to cut long story short. People matter in warfare. Brains matter.

In strategic military thinking the whole concept of what makes a nation is factored into going to war: the population size, number reaching military age and fit to fight, industrial capacity, oil; a critical factor, external support both political, diplomatic, economic and military and many more even things as little as paved roads if you consider that little which is not exactly because in a high intensity warfare they double as runway for fighter jets. In a nutshell human and material resources of a nation make and decide wars. That's the power behind the machines, equipments, weapons & technology. So as much as quality, quantity also matters depending on context in which it is debated.

China may not yet have empirical military status as being more powerful than the US but it is a peer power and has enough deterrent to dissuade the US from daring any foolish war.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
BlackBaron:

It is only but a coup and unless it morphs into a full blown conflict, I do not think we should be involved at all bar sanctioning or soft/medium diplomacy.

Apart from her location in West Africa, Guinea offers nothing to Nigeria but for her instability causing issues for our neighbours.

I just believe our current state of insecurity means we requires all hands on deck; the personnel and hardware should be solely dedicated to resolving or containing the situation especially in the North. Anything more than this is grandstanding.

& @Covert1

I beg to disagree with the term "grandstanding" in the event of a military intervention in Guinea to restore constitutional democracy. We've been here before in our history. I don't know how old you are but some of us bore the brunt of military misrule in Nigeria. And whilst none of us wants to leave pressing matters at home to go fight any foreign war at this point in time the circumstances are just too dangerous to look away. It is in our national interest and security to do something immediately about Guinea, Mali and speed up the political calendar in Chad. It is irresponsibility and criminality for someone to usurp power just because he holds the gun whatever the sins of who is in power. Just look at the diatribe of this so called special forces soldiers in power now in Mali and Guinea anything different from coupists in the past. They get there and make a mess. If we do nothing it will come home to roost.

Here below is a fine article on the matter. The contents are not mine. But I largely agree with his submissions on the recent Guinea coup.

https://punchng.com/guinea-buhari-should-arrest-malady-doumbouya/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 4:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
Salatavor:
Two brilliant chaps in the SA airforce missile room could make a division of the Nigerian Army very worried.

What brilliant missiles are you talking about, the truth is that sauth Africa do not have The capability to go to the sea talkless about projecting power. I'm just waiting eagerly for the 2022 Global fire power ranking and see where South Africa would be placed this time.

I knew so many south Africans cried the day they found out that Nigeria has overtaken them to become Africa's largest economy, some even argued that it was just another Nigeria fraud written down in paper. We just need more time to make you feel The same way, but this time it will not be economy it will military I think by now Global fire power would have realized that. The truth must be told.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
Covert1:

Don't mind them ooo, they'd look for anything to look relevant. Simply put to cut long story short. People matter in warfare. Brains matter.

In strategic military thinking the whole concept of what makes a nation is factored into going to war: the population size, number reaching military age and fit to fight, industrial capacity, oil; a critical factor, external support both political, diplomatic, economic and military and many more even things as little as paved roads if you consider that little which is not exactly because in a high intensity warfare they double as runway for fighter jets. In a nutshell human and material resources of a nation make and decide wars. That's the power behind the machines, equipments, weapons & technology. So as much as quality, quantity also matters depending on context in which it is debated.

China may not yet have empirical military status as being more powerful than the US but it is a peer power and has enough deterrent to dissuade the US from daring any foolish war.
Demmmmm you are so good, I want to learn from you because you are simply the best military analyst around here

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
Nigerian Navy SBS marksman in the Lake T'Chad. Likely near Baga Naval Outpost. Credit @jakeporshenko

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
shadowprimezero:
Bleep

Further to your question re SA SF carrying AKMs in Mozambique, a few operational photos of SA SF in Angola in the 80s.

And to reiterate, when conducting deep reconnaissance, the enemy is not supposed to know you're there, and should you be discovered and a firefight ensues, using same weapons and same uniforms will ensure some confusion which will buy a small team some time to e&e.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
I see the wankers are back again.
Ignore and don't feed the trolls, people.
For all the high-esteem affect, the bottom-dwellers crave and thrive on the attention.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
jl115:
I agree.... But obviously mine wasn't a jab at Nigeria where as your countrymen was obviously trying to take a shot at SA....
Yea I know
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 7:13pm On Sep 09, 2021
The insecure brigade always lurking in the corner to pump chest is back grin Pls ignore

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
Another batch of combat pilots added to NAF

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 7:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
NAF JF-17 THUNDERS Combat Maneuvers

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
Kenya police (RDU) deploying to Laikipia following unrest caused by bandits.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.