Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,940 members, 7,841,610 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6003191 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (2848) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2015
overhypedsteve:
what we ve all being waiting for. Standardisation should be the watchword.

Yeap both the doctrine and standardization !!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 09, 2015
gottfried21:

1:55 "Hit them with the TOW
Hit them with the TOW" grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8tgc4U7WbM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 9:17am On Oct 09, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8tgc4U7WbM
1.Where did they get them from?
2.How effective against airborne Aircraft?

Kenyan Honour Guard

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by realnas(m): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
gottfried21:

Kenyan Honour Guard
they got them from uncle sam incase u hv forgotten mr obama recently budgeted 500 m dollars for training so called moderate rebels in syria the funny thing is after receiving training and equipment from d americans the moderate rebels simply switch sides and join the extremists and boy trust me a TOW knock out a low flying helo and uavs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
realnas:
they got them from uncle sam incase u hv forgotten mr obama recently budgeted 500 m dollars for training so called moderate rebels in syria the funny thing is after receiving training and equipment from d americans the moderate rebels simply switch sides and join the extremists and boy trust me a TOW knock out a low flying helo and uavs
Hmmmm undecided
Thanx for the clarification smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
gottfried21:

Kenyan Honour Guard

1. Saudi's probably... Americans didnt send ATGM's or MANPADS to Syria. The only folks with directly supplied NATO ATGM's are the Kurds

2. Not at all effective...

Also... your vid... the BMP crew survived a direct hit! You dont see that often!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. Saudi's probably... Americans didnt send ATGM's or MANPADS to Syria. The only folks with directly supplied NATO ATGM's are the Kurds

2. Not at all effective...

Also... your vid... the BMP crew survived a direct hit! You dont see that often!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=IbnSultaan post=38821086][/quote]

grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by realnas(m): 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
grin grin[quote author=IbnSultaan post=38821086][/quote]lmao *falls from chair*ibn that sums up everything hahahahahaha
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Patchesagain:

hahahahahaha

This made me laugh

Both countries are being dicks with such boundaries. Ooh man, every now and then international politics is so fvcking comical.

Its a funny matter worth laughing yes, but the situation is by no means less serious. Given the fact that, Kenya's plans of building a $29Billion, 32 birth port, connected to railway connecting to Ethiopia, becomes virtually useless, if she looses access to the sea, via Lamu which is closer to the Somalia border http://venturesafrica.com/lapsset-a-peep-at-the-east-african-trade-corridor/

Then also, the disputed territory is on an oil basin with potential commercially viable oil. And the Somali government actually have a case if they were to be heard since that territory actually used to belonged to them

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
realnas:
grin ;Dlmao *falls from chair*ibn that sums up everything hahahahahaha
no mind the yanks, UNC Sam thinks Kremlin the joke
I remember Obama once warned Assad don't CROSS the red line , and nothing happened when Assad excreted on it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Panzerfaust(m): 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
Patchesagain:

Yep

Standardization could save allot of money ANND dramatically improve operationability of equipment (economies of scale)

You dont want to end up like India... because of their fvcked up procurement system and the fact that they operate an outrageously diverse ammount of equipment they can barely maintain spares/ammo stocks for 20 days of combat
I disagree...India's procurement methods are quite impressive, if you ask me. They have been smart enough compulsorily demand transfer of technology for most of their major equipment. The T-90s, are being produced in India, the Su-30MKIs, by HAL, and several upgrades on the BMP-2s are also locally upgraded. India's biggest military threat isn't Pakistan, as many would believe, but China. One knows that the Chineese and Russians are bedfellows, hence, its smart for the Indians to locally produce Russian equipment. Right now, India is building its own Tanks (Arjun) while importing French made Rafales..So you see, the ability of the Indians to juggle both the East and West is remarkable. Also, country with a massive Army like India cannot make the mistake of standardizing its equipment on a large scale..One MBT, One IFV, one ASF, One Interceptor, One Ground attack aircraft? That's Suicide!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Panzerfaust:
I disagree...India's procurement methods are quite impressive, if you ask me. They have been smart enough compulsorily demand transfer of technology for most of their major equipment. The T-90s, are being produced in India, the Su-30MKIs, by HAL, and several upgrades on the BMP-2s are also locally upgraded. India's biggest military threat isn't Pakistan, as many would believe, but China. One knows that the Chineese and Russians are bedfellows, hence, its smart for the Indians to locally produce Russian equipment. Right now, India is building its own Tanks (Arjun) while importing French made Rafales..So you see, the ability of the Indians to juggle both the East and West is remarkable. Also, country with a massive Army like India cannot make the mistake of standardizing its equipment on a large scale..One MBT, One IFV, one ASF, One Interceptor, One Ground attack aircraft? That's Suicide!
grin grin grin grin grin grin

You shouldn't have mentioned the Arjun rubbish and the T-90 together.

Also you shouldn't mention the HAL and the Rafale procurement.

India's procurement system is a mess.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
arjun is a rubbish

if u say so

but the Israeli test teams had a different view called it a desert Ferrari
and were of the opinion that the only way to knock it out was either via
multiple hits at its tracks or getting 50+ kg shaped charged mine to blow underneath it.
base amour defeated Israeli anti tank rounds at point blank range.
main problem is vested interest working for import lobby.

arjun was made to counter abrahm tanks
but when pakistanis opted out of it the indian army lost interest.
which shows the stupidity of some of its generals.
operational and development requirements r made in view of long term plans not short term requirements.
if u keep jumping like a monkey with no goal/plan
even the best equipment will end up being RUBBISH

but plz feel free to have ur opinion
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
Panzerfaust:

Well said. He should have used Egypt as an example.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
MikeCZAR:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

You shouldn't have mentioned the Arjun rubbish and the T-90 together.

Also you shouldn't mention the HAL and the Rafale procurement.

Try to get the point he is making. Read it again and digest it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
iblawi:

Try to get the point he is making. Read it again and digest it.
Typical trolls. You'll see a surge in their presence in this thread.

Online battle between Pakistanis and Indians. every site it is like they're hired by their governments grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Typical trolls. You'll see a surge in their presence in this thread.

Online battle between Pakistanis and Indians. every site it is like they're hired by their governments grin grin grin

troll
hired by govt.
i wish it was so wink
would have made me sooooo rich grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Panzerfaust(m): 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
nemesis2u:
arjun is a rubbish

if u say so

but the Israeli test teams had a different view called it a desert Ferrari
and were of the opinion that the only way to knock it out was either via
multiple hits at its tracks or getting 50+ kg shaped charged mine to blow underneath it.
base amour defeated Israeli anti tank rounds at point blank range.
main problem is vested interest working for import lobby.

arjun was made to counter abrahm tanks
but when pakistanis opted out of it the indian army lost interest.
which shows the stupidity of some of its generals.
operational and development requirements r made in view of long term plans not short term requirements.
if u keep jumping like a monkey with no goal/plan
even the best equipment will end up being RUBBISH

but plz feel free to have ur opinion

The Arjun is a GREAT tank..But a useless one. The best tank the Paks have to offer is the T-80UD, which India's T-90 Bhishma outclasses. On the other hand, the PLA's Type 99 MBT is nothing but a glorified T-72. The Arjun might seem like an overkill for now, but a step in the right direction..India's military doctrine has always factored in a simultaneous war with both Pakistan and China. Pakistan is NO MATCH for India, but China,....................
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
Panzerfaust:
The Arjun is a GREAT tank..But a useless one. The best tank the Paks have to offer is the T-80UD, which India's T-90 Bhishma outclasses. On the other hand, the PLA's Type 99 MBT is nothing but a glorified T-72. The Arjun might seem like an overkill for now, but a step in the right direction..India's military doctrine has always factored in a simultaneous war with both Pakistan and China. Pakistan is NO MATCH for India, but China,....................
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good news it seems like the African Reaction Force is starting to show some signs of life.

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/AU-peacekeepers-on-their-way-to-SA-20151008
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:14am On Oct 10, 2015
i know i am starting to post allot of stuff from syria here. I am sorry and I will avoid doing so.

But this is tooo big to miss.... look what just turned up outside of a certain Slavic naval base in Syria

#RoastedJihadistSoon!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:19am On Oct 10, 2015
Panzerfaust:

Take a look at their arsenal its a missmatched hodgepodg of equipment and they are struggling to keep it operational and supplied.

I didnt say one MBT/IFV/etc... generally you would have (like hypothetically): wheeled APC (MRAP nowadays)/tracked (medium APC), wheeled IFV (light), tacked IFV (medium), multi-role fighter, strike fighter and maybe air-superiority etc

And no, Arjun is trash - indians have scrapped their current one and gone back to the drawing board... no wait, they are building it again... no, its scrapped again... (and round and round we go).
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:35am On Oct 10, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 9:16am On Oct 10, 2015
Nam Military offloaded a large weapons and supplies cache from a big cargo plane at the airport...
Saw Kevlar,backpacks,Turrets(Maybe for our wolves) and a few other weapons in trunks
ViceAdmiral

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 10:48am On Oct 10, 2015
Saved the best for last wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 10, 2015
gottfried21:
Nam Military offloaded a large weapons and supplies cache from a big cargo plane at the airport...
Saw Kevlar,backpacks,Turrets(Maybe for our wolves) and a few other weapons in trunks
ViceAdmiral

Those pics were taken on Jan Jonker Afrikaner road grin definitely..The Russian embassy is just to the right in pic 2(out of the shot)Seems like the convoy was heading to Suiderhof. So who are suppliers this time around?China?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

Those pics were taken on Jan Jonker Afrikaner road grin definitely..The Russian embassy is just to the right in pic 2(out of the shot)Seems like the convoy was heading to Suiderhof. So who are suppliers this time around?China?
You see those camouflage vests the Russian pilots are wearing in Syria?yep saw a few of those...The crates had Russian writing on it...so I'm assuming it was the Russians
The trunk must have the Kornet E missiles and rifles we ordered this year...I'm sure you know about the Kornets...But we also ordered 300 AK's and 250 SKS Rifles for the Honor guard
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2015
gottfried21:

You see those camouflage vests the Russian pilots are wearing in Syria?yep saw a few of those...The crates had Russian writing on it...so I'm assuming it was the Russians

Pics will be out soon of the new stuff grin grin

So what caliber is this antique??

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 10, 2015
gottfried21:

SIPRI says we imported the Kornet atgm any evidence of it yet out there??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 11:42am On Oct 10, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

Pics will be out soon of the new stuff grin grin

So what caliber is this antique??
37mm
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 10, 2015
gottfried21:

37mm

Ouk

Namibian Army proverbial ceremonial UAZ

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (2848) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.