Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5981911 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
[quote author=kabe1 post=114349009]

With the war in Ukraine, despite some failings of the Russian military, they continue to advance and conquer territory.

while Ukraine has performed exceptionally well against the Russians, it heavily relies on Western military support; if the plug were pulled, it is likely that Ukraine would have been overrun.

The West continues to support Ukraine to the tune of 5-7 billion USD a month.

The West has better Air systems than Russia, but we've seen the Russians deploy many breakthrough systems in Ukraine.

I don't see how Russian fighter jets will compare against comparable Western Fighters, the gap is quite significant more so in the air to ground role.

Russia in many cases bombing targets with advanced SU-30sm fighter jets like the Nigerian Air Force using Alpha Jets. The lack of investment in laser guided systems, and similar JDAM kits by the Russians, a lack of investment in considerable number of UCAVs are showing glaringly.

Apart from the KA-52 and SU-25, I doubt Russian aircrafts can compare favourably to their American analogues.[/quote] you can only determine this when they is a direct confrontation between this western aircraft and Moscow aircraft. In mordern war thing easily changes within the Battlefield
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
kabe1:

No, we are just hypothetically speaking. Politics determines military procurement. Nigeria would not be able to buy the SU-35. That's not going to happen, the Americans would make sure of that.
that depends on the person in power with all the USA pressure and threatening sanctions on Egypt, Egypt still continues with there su 35 procurement. ( close usa allies) Political will determine a lot. If the next government and service chief see the su family as the best and there are ready to push it up they is no mount of pressure that will stop it

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
kabe1:

Serbia can't upgrade MI-24 helicopters, they bought MI-35m from Russia. Czech republic, that's also unlikely.

As it is, I don't see us upgrading those choppers for the foreseeable future.
upgrade are already going on.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
Covert1:

Nothing like "miraculously" in Air Combat in the context of putting in the good work, systems & platforms: air training hours, re-training, air combat hours, BVR, stealth, EW, ECM, doctrine, pilot skill, discipline, exposure with counter forces to pick up radar signatures, pay & incentives, motivation, logistics, satellites, AWACS, ground based systems and a host of other factors including allies play into inevitable or predictable outcomes other than that combat pilots attribute unseen forces as an "act of God" which can be bird strike or generally uncontrollable acts of nature.

You made a very valid point.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
kabe1:

It's not a question of might, warfare is not equipment, equipment helps, but tactics is more important.

Yes you are right equipment helps but tactics will determine who comes on top.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
kabe1:

With the war in Ukraine, despite some failings of the Russian military, they continue to advance and conquer territory.

while Ukraine has performed exceptionally well against the Russians, it heavily relies on Western military support; if the plug were pulled, it is likely that Ukraine would have been overrun.

The West continues to support Ukraine to the tune of 5-7 billion USD a month.

The West has better Air systems than Russia, but we've seen the Russians deploy many breakthrough systems in Ukraine.

I don't see how Russian fighter jets will compare against comparable Western Fighters, the gap is quite significant more so in the air to ground role.

Russia in many cases bombing targets with advanced SU-30sm fighter jets like the Nigerian Air Force using Alpha Jets. The lack of investment in laser guided systems, and similar JDAM kits by the Russians, a lack of investment in considerable number of UCAVs are showing glaringly.

Apart from the KA-52 and SU-25, I doubt Russian aircrafts can compare favourably to their American analogues.

I doubt the bold.

Please elaborate.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
Bacteria8:
Good afternoon guys... Pls there was a page on this thread where someone said something about America referring to Nigeria as the largest democracy in Africa. Pls I will like to be referred to the certain page, I want to read through it again for research purposes pls and pls

Guys pls treat edaakun
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
Bacteria8:

Guys pls treat edaakun
hint try going to US embassy in Nigeria website then go to news or media you would see it there
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
Bacteria8:
Good afternoon guys... Pls there was a page on this thread where someone said something about America referring to Nigeria as the largest democracy in Africa. Pls I will like to be referred to the certain page, I want to read through it again for research purposes pls and pls
https://www.nairaland.com/1386870/african-militaries-security-services-strictly/2578#113911927
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
Toju200:
hint try going to US embassy in Nigeria website then go to news or media you would see it there
Haba grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
MiddleDimension:

The US is this strong yet, they took 7months to defeat libya's pooly equiped military! The Nato campaign started in march and Ghadaffi got killed in october.

Excuse me, can you show me the part of modern history that showed Libya being invaded by American troops like it happened in Iraq?!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
JOSCOFELIX:
Iraq was not equip like Ukraine. First USA and EU sanctions Iraq which stop the procurement of part for there aircraft, another Iraq was not support by any country especially in arm

What do you mean Iraq wasn't equipped like Ukraine?! Do you know who the heck Saddam hussein was?! That Ba'athist invaded Kuwait. He chemically experimented on Kurds. Do you have any idea what the Iraqi Republican guards were?! Damn
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
jl115:
no I mean in terms of military, politics and economically they were powerful in the 80s

"were" is the key word. They power couldn't be consolidated. Zimbabwe fell into depression too under the "most exalted" Mugabe.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2022
davefurn:

Just some.little corrections that's all..... Russia had their bad days, US also had that...... You can't compare iraqi war with us, which was just simple crushing in terms of equipments because no matter how you destroy us equipment, they simply make more; that's now terrifying fighting a superpower is but you on the other hand need to buy more unless you have another big nation backing you up just like in Ukraine situation inwhich the whole nato and EU is supporting them. Zelensky knew the trick, so he went round asking for help.

This is the point I'm tryna make. You Russian fanboys should understand that Russia is not a superpower and the United States is one. That's why I'm saying that US would crush Ukraine in lesser time. If the US was fighting against let's say Turkey and let's imagine a scenario that the USSR still existed and supported Turkey with all its Eastern blocs, Turkey would had still been crushed. We saw what happened with the 1991 and 2003 invasion of Iraq. Iraq was bolstering with Soviet equipments and was still destroyed.

We simply can't compare alot of Soviet equipment to the Americans.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

"were" is the key word. They power couldn't be consolidated. Zimbabwe fell into depression too under the "most exalted" Mugabe.
yes I know... Hence why I said "were" the whole time??

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2022
davefurn:
Even in that 1991. Iraq was just a scape-goat for US to establish their power after Soviet Union collapse and the embarrassing defeat of vietnam redemption, inwhich you see it hyped on hollywood. 2003 US invasion, is not even a war; Russian tanks t-64 to t-74 series tanks being blown up, what do you expect, Soviet are in favour of being large amount of light weight tanks in favour of heavy weight. Western tanks analogy is to have a heavy tanks as the vanguard but different from soviet doctrine that believes in a quantity is far better than quality in tanks and land warfare. Like towards the end of the ww2 before nuking japan; inwhich the us used their large amount of aircraft carriers to crush japanese 2 aircraft carriers after a suffocating loss from them,beginning of ww2 because of japan superior carriers then. That's quantity over quality that influenced the soviet and then Stalin ideology. He mass produced light weight tanks with cheap technology; so most soviet tanks are not as durable as the western/german tanks. If you want to judge the war, just it from 2 povs. Russia just barely recovered from soviet union collapse, we keep watching though. And defeating US, you can't use military to defeat US; just cut off their money and you have defeated them that's why US frowns heavily on anything against dollars sovereignty. Forgive my grammatical errors, not well now; so my typing is sloppy.

What do you mean 2003 invasion of Iraq is not a war because of the quality of the Iraqi tanks?! Iraq had tanks with poor armour, so what?! That's what happens in war. You either win or lose. You either well-equipped or ill-equipped. Soviet tactics has been failing since the early days of the formation of the Isreali state.
The Iraqi loss may look like a walkover, but I bet the Brits can't pull that. The US is so powerful they make hard wins look easy. We gotta understand that fact.

You said "just cut off their money". If it was that easy to cut off American monetary power, we wouldn't have had the United States as the lone superpower in our 21st century planet.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2022
kabe1:

Yes, Ugandan MI-28N considerably provide more than the AH-1Z which Nigeria would be getting from the US.

The Ugandan Air Force would be able to use their MI-28N as they please without any restrictions, while for nearly 1 billion dollars, Nigeria might not even be able to use the AH-1Z Viper against Bandits.

While Nigeria gets laser guided Rockets (APKWS) which is an amazing system and works effectively against armoured vehicles including Tanks, it is not an ATGM. So that's also an edge for Uganda.

All things considered, Uganda got a better deal.

Notwithstanding, Nigeria also has MI-35M helicopters armed with ATAKA ATGMs, also we have the possibility of upgrading our MI-35ps to the latest MI-35m standards. Although a big "?" At this stage considering the war in Ukraine.

Thanks for the answer. I just hope we don't purchase the F16s.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
jl115:
yes I know... Hence why I said "were" the whole time??

That proves my point that landlocked country can barely survive as a regional power.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

This is the point I'm tryna make. You Russian fanboys should understand that Russia is not a superpower and the United States is one. That's why I'm saying that US would crush Ukraine in lesser time. If the US was fighting against let's say Turkey and let's imagine a scenario that the USSR still existed and supported Turkey with all its Eastern blocs, Turkey would had still been crushed. We saw what happened with the 1991 and 2003 invasion of Iraq. Iraq was bolstering with Soviet equipments and was still destroyed.

If they were that strong, they would have crushed Afghanistan, and no take 20 yrs...... Just like israel bolstering with us weapons but with no yearly billions of dollars of support from us budget.... What will it make them?....... Just do your research about the persian gulf war. 2003, iraq was already too weak; us already had it tied after the 1991 loss

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
[quote author=Exnavyboy62 post=114350377][/quote]

You haven't heard about CAATSA act?! You wanna be sanctioned?!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

That proves my point that landlocked country can barely survive as a regional power.
My bru how many non landlocked countries have also gone down the drain because of bad leadership?? This doesn't prove your point in the slightest

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
Omofaye99:

I doubt the bold.

Please elaborate.
yes please elaborate I just saw it now
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

What do you mean Iraq wasn't equipped like Ukraine?! Do you know who the heck Saddam hussein was?! That Ba'athist invaded Kuwait. He chemically experimented on Kurds. Do you have any idea what the Iraqi Republican guards were?! Damn
oga if Russia and China have supported Iraq like they did in Vietnam I bet you USA will run dey same way they ran from Afghanistan. Sadam hussein
Might was stop when USA gave him an arm embargo stopping him from procuring spare part for his aircraft. Majority of saddam hussein aircraft was sanctionable. One thing u you should remember it is not about the number of troop you have it the number of equipment your troop have to fight that determine a war with worldpower. By James mark
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

What do you mean 2003 invasion of Iraq is not a war because of the quality of the Iraqi tanks?! Iraq had tanks with poor armour, so what?! That's what happens in war. You either win or lose. You either well-equipped or ill-equipped. Soviet tactics has been failing since the early days of the formation of the Isreali state.
The Iraqi loss may look like a walkover, but I bet the Brits can't pull that. The US is so powerful they make hard wins look easy. We gotta understand that fact.

You said "just cut off their money". If it was that easy to cut off American monetary power, we wouldn't have had the United States as the lone superpower in our 21st century planet.
oga USA is not the only super power abeg

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

oga this your Analysis is some how not true. If USA and NATO heard that power they will not run from Afghanistan. And remember USA is not the only worldpower many factors determine a lot in a world power contest. The same way they crush Vietnam abi. The might of USA HAVE BEEN REDUCED. Many scenarios have play it part including the ukarine to Russia war if USA was truly a world power will would have seen Moscow being crush. Many thing play it way in war
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

You haven't heard about CAATSA act?! You wanna be sanctioned?!
oga this law was on when Nigeria army wanted to buy t 90m main battle tank before changing it to 60mrap. This same law is still on whlie Egypt continue it procurement of su 35. Those law na cruise. you can check our military Africa blog I think uncle power drop some info there

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
Scores of the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters have been killed and many others injured by fighter jets of the Multi National Joint Task Force(MNJTF), in the fringes of the Lake Chad

The terrorists were killed on Friday, June 1, by sustained bombardments of the military jets, at Sabon Tumbun and Jibularam, in Marte Local Government Area in the North East of Borno State.

the damaging Airstrikes targeted the terrorists in their large numbers shortly after observing Jumma'at prayers.

The sources said that the operation was executed on the heels of credible intelligence reports indicating that the ISWAP elements, were converging in large numbers.

"A battle damaged assessment has indicated that the air interdiction had recorded devastating impact as many Jihadist where killed while others were severely wounded.

"We couldn’t ascertain the exact figure of the terrorists killed, but they are more than a dozen”, he said.

recalled that the MNJTF had intensified it's coordinated joint offensive to dislodge and completely rid the Tumbuns Islands of terrorists’ presence and activities under Operation Lake Sanity, a subsidiary of Operation Hadin Kai.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
North Kivu, 25 Jun 22. TANZQRF, KENQRF, NEPQRF peacekeepers along with Acting FIB Commander and TANZQRF Maneuver comdr conducted patrol to ascertain suitable area for deployment of troops in general area of RUMANGABO. #MonuscoF remains committed for peace in DRC.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
Seems like Russia is heading towards a recession next year their industrial output is falling, inflation is high, and most importantly they have negative wage growth.

Even though in the media they look like they are doing well because of the oil revenue, the data shows that the sanctions are working

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
JOSCOFELIX:
oga if Russia and China have supported Iraq like they did in Vietnam I bet you USA will run dey same way they ran from Afghanistan. Sadam hussein
Might was stop when USA gave him an arm embargo stopping him from procuring spare part for his aircraft. Majority of saddam hussein aircraft was sanctionable. One thing u you should remember it is not about the number of troop you have it the number of equipment your troop have to fight that determine a war with worldpower. By James mark
I keep telling him this
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tinfoil:
Seems like Russia is heading towards a recession next year their industrial output is falling, inflation is high, and most importantly they have negative wage growth.

Even though in the media they look like they are doing well because of the oil revenue, the data shows that the sanctions are working
That's what it looking like... It turning bad for them as a nation

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ariesbull: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tinfoil:

says a Nigeria that his economy is in tatters.... Russia economy is robust... What Russia makes in a day is what Nigeria dream of in years

Sir, Russia has the smartest president and patriotic people that is building a robust economy...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.