Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5954858 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) (2602) (2603) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
davefurn:

If they were that strong, they would have crushed Afghanistan, and no take 20 yrs...... Just like israel bolstering with us weapons but with no yearly billions of dollars of support from us budget.... What will it make them?....... Just do your research about the persian gulf war. 2003, iraq was already too weak; us already had it tied after the 1991 loss

If Russia was that strong like you imply, then we won't see Ukrainian farmers pulling em tanks around like farm produces.

You keep repeating Iraq was too weak. Aren't you aware that it was the United States that weakened Iraq due to its sanctions?! Is there any other country on earth that has the ability to weaken a country economically like the United States?! My point is the US is responsible for the total collapse of Iraq both militarily and economically.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
JOSCOFELIX:
oga if Russia and China have supported Iraq like they did in Vietnam I bet you USA will run dey same way they ran from Afghanistan. Sadam hussein
Might was stop when USA gave him an arm embargo stopping him from procuring spare part for his aircraft. Majority of saddam hussein aircraft was sanctionable. One thing u you should remember it is not about the number of troop you have it the number of equipment your troop have to fight that determine a war with worldpower. By James mark

Excuse me, our argument is about a well-equipped country. We're not talking about ASYMMETRIC warfare here, we're talking about a conventional warfare against sovereign countries. If I were to go by your analogy, the Soviet Union also messed up big time in Afghanistan.

You're the first person to mention that the US hasn't fought a war like the Russian invasion of Ukraine and I reminded you about Iraq. You Russian fanboys should understand the facts. Stop these excuses for Sadam.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
JOSCOFELIX:
oga USA is not the only super power abeg

It actually is. Is there any other I missed? Maybe because it's too insignificant.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

Although it might be devastating for us, North Korea got sanctioned not just by the US alone, but by the West in General and they are doing well than some middle east and African countries. I think Nigeria will do better if it falls in that scenario. We have population advantage

Excuse me, North Korea is doing well??! How?! Nigeria is currently going through a lot. A sanction will only make things much harder and our disintegration faster.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
Flanker:

NATO imposed an embargo on Iraq for 13 years before the 2003 war , in 13 years they have not received any modern equipment and even had difficulty maintaining their old equipments , a known strategy of NATO sharks to slaughter medium-sized fish without having too many losses.
and the Iraqis had to face a laaarge coalition of 38 countries, including several neighboring countries, not to mention the iraqi rebels and ethnic armed groups that worked against the Iraqi army during the invasion so it is not the same thing as in Ukraine

But the American troops did 90% of the fighting. The so-called allies like Egypt and Saudi Arabian troops didn't spearhead major offensives like the Americans did. The fact is, the United States would had crushed Ukraine in this context.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
Flanker:

yes , like the AH-64 D Apache Longbow radar. it's a millimeter wave radar the N-025 Almaz-280 that operates in the Ka-band band and J band , It has a range of about 25 km for a large fixed target such as a bridge, 15 km for a large velicle such as a tactical-ballistic-missile launcher, 10-12 km for an armored fighting vehicle, and 6-8 km for a soft-skin vehicle. Unlike the Longbow radar, the Almaz-280 has both attack and navigation modes .

but there is export versions without this radar , for exemple i havn't seen any pic of an iraqi mi 28 with the N-025 Almaz-280 radar on rotor , wait and see if uganda mi 28 have them

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
kabe1:
Algeria's excellent military

Oh man , if the secret S300 is parading like this in daylight , for sure they are preparing a parade for this 5 july independance day . cool

Last military parade in algeria was in 1989 ! 33 years before , get ready for a huge parade several kilometers long and a lot of HD pics
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

If Russia was that strong like you imply, then we won't see Ukrainian farmers pulling em tanks around like farm produces.

You keep repeating Iraq was too weak. Aren't you aware that it was the United States that weakened Iraq due to its sanctions?! Is there any other country on earth that has the ability to weaken a country economically like the United States?! My point is the US is responsible for the total collapse of Iraq both militarily and economically.
There's a difference between weakening a nation and no one opposing; you want Russia to just bomb their people anyhow that 1/4 of their citizens are russian speaking and of their ancestry. Russia strength is not of my business; but accept correction. Not just only me have explained it to you; over 4 people now and you're still adamant. Just stick to your beliefs, And America crush Ukraine and Russia will be watching it like TV. That is not middle-east, where everyone is flexing muscles

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
davefurn:

There's a difference between weakening a nation and no one opposing; you want Russia to just bomb their people anyhow that 1/4 of their citizens are russian speaking and of their ancestry. Russia strength is not of my business; but accept correction. Not just only me have explained it to you; over 4 people now and you're still adamant. Just stick to your beliefs

What do you mean Russia being sympathetic and acting with restraint?! You've been fed with too much Sputnik news. Russia ravaged Syria but still haven't won the war for Assad. Russia is incompetent faced that. So you mean Russia is so sympathetic to Ukraine that they sacrifice their Generals like it's nothing?! Do you have any idea how many Russian Generals, men and materiel lost in this war due to incompetence incompetence tactics and zero consideration of logistics and strategy?! The Russians have completely failed and your excuses only makes Putin look much more silly and clueless. Makes Putin and Kremlin look much more like a clown and circus, and a much more successful comedian than Zelensky.

Stop these Russian excuses.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

What do you mean Russia being sympathetic and acting with restraint?! You've been fed with too much Sputnik news. Russia ravaged Syria but still haven't won the war for Assad. Russia is incompetent faced that. So you mean Russia is so sympathetic to Ukraine that they sacrifice their Generals like it's nothing?! Do you have any idea how many Russian Generals, men and materiel lost in this war due to incompetence incompetence tactics and zero consideration of logistics and strategy?! The Russians have completely failed and your excuses only makes Putin look much more silly and clueless. Makes Putin and Kremlin look much more like a clown and circus, and a much more successful comedian than Zelensky.

Stop these Russian excuses.
I haven't even said anything yet..... I'm not making assumptions here because the facts on ground and propaganda is too much.... We keep watching, russia going weak or strong, we keep watching..... Putin or zelensky us the comedian, it's their business..... But you need to time down on CNN and BBC and check other sources

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
davefurn:

I haven't even said anything yet..... I'm not making assumptions here because the facts on ground and propaganda is too much.... We keep watching, russia going weak or strong, we keep watching..... Putin or zelensky us the comedian, it's their business..... But you need to time down on CNN and BBC and check other sources

Damn, seems you're new on this thread. I'm a neutral person. I even support Moskva alot in my debates. We gotta be truthful. I'm Pro-Nigerian and nothing else.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
After TUSAŞ exported its rotary wing aircraft to the Philippines for the first time in the past months , the second step in this regard is expected to be taken in Nigeria. TAI is holding talks for export of the T129 Attack Helicopter, which has been used by the Turkish Armed Forces for a long time.

According to the news of Selçuk Böke from the Turkish Newspaper, the Defense Industry Presidency (SSB) officials made a presentation at the Turkish Grand National Assembly last week and gave information about the developments.

T129 ATAK to Nigeria
“We have a serious defense industry cooperation potential with Nigeria. We have come a long way in terms of exports, especially in the field of defense industry, with African countries. We see a very serious potential in Nigeria as well. Last year, two OPV (maritime patrol ships) were exported and there is a serious export opportunity, especially in terms of ATAK helicopters. Currently, of course, our cooperation contacts continue.”

While no information is given on the number, it is expected that 6 T129s will be sold in the first place, and around 12 with options, as is the case with the Philippines.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

But the American troops did 90% of the fighting. The so-called allies like Egypt and Saudi Arabian troops didn't spearhead major offensives like the Americans did. The fact is, the United States would had crushed Ukraine in this context.
So you think if it were Russia and CIS states backing Ukraine against only the US, they'd have crushed them by now?

I think you overestimate the US. Iraq was a pariah state. It's not the same situation with Ukraine at all

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
Toju200:
After TUSAŞ exported its rotary wing aircraft to the Philippines for the first time in the past months , the second step in this regard is expected to be taken in Nigeria. TAI is holding talks for export of the T129 Attack Helicopter, which has been used by the Turkish Armed Forces for a long time.

According to the news of Selçuk Böke from the Turkish Newspaper, the Defense Industry Presidency (SSB) officials made a presentation at the Turkish Grand National Assembly last week and gave information about the developments.

T129 ATAK to Nigeria
“We have a serious defense industry cooperation potential with Nigeria. We have come a long way in terms of exports, especially in the field of defense industry, with African countries. We see a very serious potential in Nigeria as well. Last year, two OPV (maritime patrol ships) were exported and there is a serious export opportunity, especially in terms of ATAK helicopters. Currently, of course, our cooperation contacts continue.”

While no information is given on the number, it is expected that 6 T129s will be sold in the first place, and around 12 with options, as is the case with the Philippines.
Reported to be $50m a pop
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

You mean if reverse was the case and Russia and it allies back Ukraine against USA, Uncle Sam will get triple bleeped by Ukraine. The USA lost Vietnam war, they were disgraced in Korea war, so tell me how will the USA that have not won any major war better than Russia?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
Flanker:

Oh man , if the secret S300 is parading like this in daylight , for sure they are preparing a parade for this 5 july independance day . cool

Last military parade in algeria was in 1989 ! 33 years before , get ready for a huge parade several kilometers long and a lot of HD pics

Please post all HD pics from the parade. It's going to be amazing.

Let's all see what a real African military looks like.

Would you be physically attending the parade, or you don't live in Algiers?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
Odunayaw:

and a zulu cobra cost how much again undecided grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
Toju200:
Respectfully please note Nigeria will not be buying the Zulu Cobra but the upgrade called the Viper.
The deal will call for training, spares (24 Engines) , most likely a brand new air base and probably a simulation training center

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
Toju200:
$75-90m each. Figure derived in respect to the bells & whistles of the total package

I'm indifferent to AHs these days sef
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
LTGEN:

Respectfully please note Nigeria will not be buying the Zulu Cobra but the upgrade called the Viper.
The deal will call for training, spares (24 Engines) , most likely a brand new air base and probably a simulation training center
yeah the AH-1Z viper is also called the zulu cobra that for the "Z" there
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
Odunayaw:

I don't think it's possible that Nigeria will buy additional choppers from Turkey. It just doesn't make any sense.

Besides the American deputy foreign minister already confirmed the AH-1Z would soon be delivered to Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
kabe1:

I don't think it's possible that Nigeria will buy additional choppers from Turkey. It just doesn't make any sense.

Besides the American deputy foreign minister already confirmed the AH-1Z would soon be delivered to Nigeria.
thought of it too
Except maybe it's not for NAF?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
kabe1:

I also don't think we'd get it.

Nigeria's shopping cart is evidently full of US Helos and I think the tabloids just slot in our name to turn a few heads
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
Toju200:
thought of it too
Except maybe it's not for NAF?

I don't even think the Nigerian army needs helicopters.

We need more Tanks, MRLS, Artillery and IFVs.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
5P85TE3 launcher, Algeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
KORNET-EM

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
Algerian army BMPT-72 Tank Fire Support Vehicle

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
Algerian army locally modified BMPT-62 Infantry/Tank Fire Support Vehicle with a Berezhok Turret

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Algerian army Self-propelled motor, Chinese made.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2022

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
kikuyu1:

Actually I've noticed the Argies have really upped their game this past decade. I'm not the only one:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/34611387

That was 2015-now they're potential WC winners!
The advantages of regularly playing strong opponents. Getting invited into the Rugby Championship was the best thing ever for Argentine rugby.
Were they to come play SA domestic rugby, Kenya, Namibia and Zim would be unrecognizable in 10 years time!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

It actually is. Is there any other I missed? Maybe because it's too insignificant.

Russia and China have made significant influences, they deserve to be called super power too. Other rising powers are India, France and Turkey. And don't forget you can't be a world power forever. Germany, Japan, and The U.K once had the attributes during the periods of WW1 & 2 but not anymore. So from the recent global events, the days of US being super power might be numbered

(1) (2) (3) ... (2597) (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) (2602) (2603) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52