Stats: 3,151,284 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5954387 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) (2602) (2603) (2604) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
[quote author=Stormtrooper11 post=114381759]

Excuse me, North Korea is doing well??! How?! Nigeria is currently going through a lot. A sanction will only make things much harder and our disintegration faster. [/quote

Apart from Nigeria and Ghana, can you compare any other west african country to North Korea.
Us getting sanctioned by the US doesn't mean we can't trade with any other country. The U.K wouldn't want to turn their back on us and even if they did, India and China will welcome us to trade with them. And it will even serve as an eye opener for us not to depend on anything foreign and we can start making our own.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
[quote author=kabe1 post=114384698]

I don't even think the Nigerian army needs helicopters.

We need more Tanks, MRLS, Artillery and IFVs.[/quote

There have been complains of late close air support

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
[quote author=Exnavyboy62 post=114386600][/quote]

I know the army wants helicopters and have been training pilots for some years now. I'm not disputing that.

What I think is, army priorities should lie elsewhere. Good quality artillery, mortars paired with off the shelf drones are a more potent proposition.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
davefurn:

There's a difference between weakening a nation and no one opposing; you want Russia to just bomb their people anyhow that 1/4 of their citizens are russian speaking and of their ancestry. Russia strength is not of my business; but accept correction. Not just only me have explained it to you; over 4 people now and you're still adamant. Just stick to your beliefs, And America crush Ukraine and Russia will be watching it like TV. That is not middle-east, where everyone is flexing muscles

In this video from skynews, the company commander said they have lost 80% of their professional soldiers.
the medical personel there said most of their professional soldiers are dead and only conscripts are now fighting.
Bear in mind this is comming from Ukrainian soldiers at the front. This is also being reported by skynews, a British non pro-Russian media outlet. They admit the Ukrainians are losing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH2tiIx22u4
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bloodofthelambo: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
jl115:
LOL grin no need to delete your post mate wink the internet never forgets!

I knew you were gonna hang on the 'stone age' part to kill your boredom, More like a bait But I lost interest.
If South Africa were land locked, it would be fair to engage you further on the matter.
The fact remains, no landlocked country can become a (major) regional or world power.

Let me leave you with this info.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Various Algerian Air Defense Systems

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

It actually is. Is there any other I missed? Maybe because it's too insignificant.
chief this your own na your belive ooo. USA is not the only world power

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Excuse me, our argument is about a well-equipped country. We're not talking about ASYMMETRIC warfare here, we're talking about a conventional warfare against sovereign countries. If I were to go by your analogy, the Soviet Union also messed up big time in Afghanistan.

You're the first person to mention that the US hasn't fought a war like the Russian invasion of Ukraine and I reminded you about Iraq. You Russian fanboys should understand the facts. Stop these excuses for Sadam.
oga you have refused to check history. Me I will stop here in this your case. Check all the USA war and show me the significant war the USA personally win outside it shore without NATO. AND show me the significant war they win with Nato. In Korea f9 Vietnam f9 Afghanistan f9 are. Many more. The capability of any nation depend on your respond to Both conventional and asymmetric war which the only world super power you clam fail woefully. I will repeat it again if Russia and it allies have supported Iraq the same way they supported Vietnam I 95 percent sure USA WILL RUN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
kabe1:
Various Algerian Air Defense Systems
joy no reach this guy unit ooo. Omo see toys
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:
I knew you were gonna hang on the 'stone age' part to kill your boredom, More like a bait But I lost interest.
If South Africa were land locked, it would be fair to engage you further on the matter.
The fact remains, no landlocked country can become a (major) regional or world power.

Let me leave you with this info.

well my previous post 100% confirms the opposite... Now take your L and move on wink

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ukraine is winning on Western media while Russia is winning on the battlefield upon the Western sanctions and military aid given to Ukraine. Can we please give Russia and Vladimir Putin especially a resounding standing ovation.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

What do you mean Russia being sympathetic and acting with restraint?! You've been fed with too much Sputnik news. Russia ravaged Syria but still haven't won the war for Assad. Russia is incompetent faced that. So you mean Russia is so sympathetic to Ukraine that they sacrifice their Generals like it's nothing?! Do you have any idea how many Russian Generals, men and materiel lost in this war due to incompetence incompetence tactics and zero consideration of logistics and strategy?! The Russians have completely failed and your excuses only makes Putin look much more silly and clueless. Makes Putin and Kremlin look much more like a clown and circus, and a much more successful comedian than Zelensky.

Stop these Russian excuses.
pro ukarine general. Let me use Nigeria fight against terrorists as example. Nigeria have lost major general colonel, majors and other to war in the north east but that does not stop the fact that they are fighting for the good people of brono likewise Moscow, go online and see liberated area of ukarine are welcoming Moscow and you except Moscow to just bomb everywhere like what your mentor USA did in Iraq and Libya. Moscow General are all train to be in the Battlefield unlikely USA generals, Moscow hardly lose it wars check there history but USA and Nato have lost a lot of wars to smaller country. Equipment will always be destroyed in the Battlefield but achieving your aim is the major point which Moscow are already achieving

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
davefurn:

There's a difference between weakening a nation and no one opposing; you want Russia to just bomb their people anyhow that 1/4 of their citizens are russian speaking and of their ancestry. Russia strength is not of my business; but accept correction. Not just only me have explained it to you; over 4 people now and you're still adamant. Just stick to your beliefs, And America crush Ukraine and Russia will be watching it like TV. That is not middle-east, where everyone is flexing muscles
I sure just free that guy ooo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
Odunayaw:
So you think if it were Russia and CIS states backing Ukraine against only the US, they'd have crushed them by now?

I think you overestimate the US. Iraq was a pariah state. It's not the same situation with Ukraine at all
simple calculations
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
kabe1:

Would you be physically attending the parade, or you don't live in Algiers?

unfortunately I could not attend the parade, but there will be plenty of spotters in algiers + official pics from media and it will be televised
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
kabe1:

I don't think it's possible that Nigeria will buy additional choppers from Turkey. It just doesn't make any sense.

Besides the American deputy foreign minister already confirmed the AH-1Z would soon be delivered to Nigeria.
turkey president is using it relationship with President buhari to change things so nothing is impossible at this moment. I suspecting it is meant for the Nigeria army aviation

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Flanker:

unfortunately I could not attend the parade, but there will be plenty of spotters in algiers + official pics from media and it will be televised
I confess, your country truly have toys

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
JOSCOFELIX:
I confess, your country truly have toys

well when you have sharks that surround you , it would be better for you to have some toys to discourage them from attacking .

a simple exemple of the geopolitics in north africa

pic 1 from African lion 2022 exercise script last month, that simulates an Algerian army invasion of northern Morocco, and south, and American and british forces in Agadir and Casablanca preparing for a counterattack. and the US 6t fleet deployed near algiers

pic 2 African lion 2021 exercise script that simulated a strike against S400 air défense systems and kilo 636 subs in Algeria

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/us-training-fight-algeria-drills-attack-s400

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bloodofthelambo: 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
jl115:
well my previous post 100% confirms the opposite... Now take your L and move on wink
Bro find a girlfriend ASAP, you clearly are starved of Attention and something else grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 8:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
Flanker:

well when you have sharks that surround you , it would be better for you to have some toys to discourage them from attacking .

pic 1 from African lion 2022 exercise script last month, that simulates an Algerian army invasion of northern Morocco, and south, and American and british forces in Agadir and Casablanca preparing for a counterattack. and the US 6t fleet deployed near algiers

pic 2 African lion 2021 exercise script that simulated a strike against S400 air défense systems and kilo 636 subs in Algeria

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/us-training-fight-algeria-drills-attack-s400
wow good preparation. Giving your men more combat tactics and scenarios build capabilities of your armed forces.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
JOSCOFELIX:
wow good preparation. Giving your men more combat tactics and scenarios build capabilities of your armed forces.

The african lion exercises are done in morocco , with US army and a large coalition of countries each year , and these gentlemen are doing simulation exercises of attacks against algeria grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
Flanker:

The african lion exercises are done in morocco , with US army and a large coalition of countries each year , and these gentlemen are doing simulation exercises of attacks against algeria grin
I don't know much about Algerian foreign policy but dang, I don't envy your neighborhood

In my country, the average politician is a complete dunce in geopolitics and foreign policy matters.

If we were in your neighborhood I'd have to contest for Senator/House of Rep grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 1:53am On Jul 04, 2022
Flanker:

A quick one.
Have there been a moment in Algeria's history, any of his neighbors make an incursion into his territory ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:02am On Jul 04, 2022
Odunayaw:
So you think if it were Russia and CIS states backing Ukraine against only the US, they'd have crushed them by now?

I think you overestimate the US. Iraq was a pariah state. It's not the same situation with Ukraine at all

So you believe in a context where the USSR with the eastern European states back a country which the US invades, the Kremlin will be capable to halt American all out attack?! Do you think Moscow has the monetary, economic, industrial and will power of the United States?!

I'm not actually a western fanboy but American tactics and strategy in conventional warfare trumps the Russians. I understand that it's better to be a good Strategist than a tactician but Russia is poor especially in strategy.

Just look at how poorly guarded their supply lines were from the beginning of the Operation in Ukraine. I've never seen American tanks being blown up like the Russians except in the second world War. This loss in men and materiel by the Russians shows great incompetence by the Russian High command.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:08am On Jul 04, 2022
Omofaye99:

You mean if reverse was the case and Russia and it allies back Ukraine against USA, Uncle Sam will get triple bleeped by Ukraine. The USA lost Vietnam war, they were disgraced in Korea war, so tell me how will the USA that have not won any major war better than Russia?

You win and lose wars. Yeah the United States lost the war in Vietnam but we're talking about conventional warfare here. Actually, I started this conversation in response to JOSCOFELIX talking about the United States having never confronted a well-equipped country in warfare like the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Russia also the war in Afghanistan with higher casualties than the Americans could imagine in Afghanistan!

United States won the war in Korea because the aim of achieving the division of Korea was attained. If the United States lost according to your words then the Koreas would had been one single entity.

The United States have been winning wars since the 18th century, I don't understand what you mean by the United States not winning "major wars", are you trynna downgrade American technological and economical genius in the face of different adversaries throughout history?!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:22am On Jul 04, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

Russia and China have made significant influences, they deserve to be called super power too. Other rising powers are India, France and Turkey. And don't forget you can't be a world power forever. Germany, Japan, and The U.K once had the attributes during the periods of WW1 & 2 but not anymore. So from the recent global events, the days of US being super power might be numbered

No one mentioned being a world power forever. The United Kingdom was the world biggest superpower before the United States. The United States is the lone superpower since the collapse of the USSR. The Peoples Republic of China might attain superpower status by the 2030s but for meanwhile and the present, the United States is still consolidating and holding this title.

Russia, India are all powers. A superpower is different from our normal big powers. The might of the United States is nearly unrivalled across the globe and may be only challenged by China mainly due to its population. No country on the face of the planet have the ability to launch military operations and support them across continents with minimal to medium effects to the economy like the United States.

You should understand that powers have class. Nigeria is a regional power, and also a soft power. Turkey, is a regional power. Russia is a great power but lacks the cultural influence the United States has across the globe. I bet the amount of Hollywood movies you've seen is more than the Russian movies. Almost every one on the planet have watched a Hollywood movie but we can't say that for the Russians.

Being a super power is not just about military and economic power other key things that shape our realities are involved and the United States posses all qualities.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 9:06am On Jul 04, 2022

Is it just me or is anyone suspecting the US of trying to figure out how Russian weapon systems work behind the guise of conducting mock strikes on the Algerian equipments
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:25am On Jul 04, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:
Bro find a girlfriend ASAP, you clearly are starved of Attention and something else grin grin
says the dude constantly quoting me wink

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Simeonjoe1: 9:32am On Jul 04, 2022
ariesbull:
they sokthabe the money they print the money but their weapons are inferior to russian's

Delusion. I wonder where people get this analogy that Russia weapon is better than US counterparts let's take them both out of the equation. Battle btw 3rd parties has shown US to be superior. Check how American weapons performed in the Iraqi/Iran conflict against their soviet counterpart (note that Iraqis even have the advantage). Or check the Isrealis use of American systems during the conflict with Arab collisions against their soviet counterparts. In many of these 3rd party cases the American system end up chewing their soviets counterparts.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Simeonjoe1: 9:41am On Jul 04, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

But the American troops did 90% of the fighting. The so-called allies like Egypt and Saudi Arabian troops didn't spearhead major offensives like the Americans did. The fact is, the United States would had crushed Ukraine in this context.

Like boss I wonder how people would compare US force projection to that of Russia. A complete joke. See the mess the Russians enter during the early months of the Ukraine conflict when they try to take on multiple positions at once, they ended up having their ass handled. Its because they reduce their invasion area ad try to focus on set goals at a time they started making substantial progress.
Now imagine such disgrace at your backyard, how would you take on NATO countries or deal with logistics in multiple European fronts?

When US attack Iraq and they wipe them wotowoto at different front thousands miles away from home na him you want dey use compare Russia.
Imagine US attacking Ukraine at its backyard, it'll just be a weapon testing bed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2598) (2599) (2600) (2601) (2602) (2603) (2604) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65