Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,398 members, 7,830,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2670) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5984899 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2022
Russia has always been stupid. That's the conclusion here

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2022

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 8:31pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nemesis4you:
What is 'the truth' of shahed drone ?

Make your choice grin

On a serious note hope you now appreciate the fragility of 'the truth' (of any truth)

Honestly I thought I was the only one who noticed the game changing effectiveness of the Shahed drones. Thank God you guys are available for me.

Seriously those Kamikaze drones have been trending for the past 48 hours. Upon all the air defence systems that were promised by the US, France and Germany, those Iranian drones look un-interceptable. They are small, easily maneuverable and fast. In just 8 days they've knocked out 30% percent of Ukraine's power grid. Just imagine what they can do if they were used to sustain attacks for a full month.

Iran's military industrial complex really performed wonders with the manufacture of the drone despite US sanctions and Western arms embargo. But you are right about how a solution will be found to solve the little menace. Till then we enjoy the movie of Russia, Ukraine and NATO

Nobody is even talking about Bayraktar anymore, we have a new, cute little heavyweight champion of combat drones embarassed

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

Honestly I thought I was the only one who noticed the game changing effectiveness of the Shahed drones. Thank God you guys are available for me.

Seriously those Kamikaze drones have been trending for the past 48 hours. Upon all the air defence systems that were promised by the US, France and Germany, those Iranian drones look un-interceptable. They are small, easily maneuverable and fast. In just 8 days they've knocked out 30% percent of Ukraine's power grid. Just imagine what they can do if they were used to sustain attacks for a full month.

Iran's military industrial complex really performed wonders with the manufacture of the drone despite US sanctions and Western arms embargo. But you are right about how a solution will be found to solve the little menace. Till then we enjoy the movie of Russia, Ukraine and NATO

Nobody is even talking about Bayraktar anymore, we have a new, cute little heavyweight champion of combat drones embarassed

Are they even using the tb2 again; didn't an Ukrainian top official say that it was just hype and little effectiveness. I feel the game changer for Ukraine was the himars
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 9:11pm On Oct 18, 2022
davefurn:

Are they even using the tb2 again; didn't an Ukrainian top official say that it was just hype and little effectiveness. I feel the game changer for Ukraine was the himars

Was it not the same Ukraine who hyped the effectiveness of it because it was used to drop bombs on Russian units?
The same Bayraktar that the Ukrainans praised because it was used to sink some Russian Navy ships?
They even made a hi pop song about the Bayraktar and titled it "Bayraktar". Only God knows if they are still expecting a Grammy award for it grin grin.

About the HIMARS, we don't even hear about them anymore and I don't think they can shoot down the Shaehd drones but the Shaehd drones can Kamikaze them grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Toju200:

This is confusing, why is a French company paying the US government 778 million dollars?

If there's fine to be paid, shouldn't it be paid to the Syrian government or French government?

@Nemesis4u
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

Was it not the same Ukraine who hyped the effectiveness of it because it was used to drop bombs on Russian units?
The same Bayraktar that the Ukrainans praised because it was used to sink some Russian Navy ships?
They even made a hi pop song about the Bayraktar and titled it "Bayraktar". Only God knows if they are still expecting a Grammy award for it grin grin.

About the HIMARS, we don't even hear about them anymore and I don't think they can shoot down the Shaehd drones but the Shaehd drones can Kamikaze them grin
HIMARS is very good plus accurate but costly, nevertheless the west has the money to spill. The sinking of boat was probably props, the fog is very thick now
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 5:10am On Oct 19, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

Ignorance. You don't know Jack about military technology

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 5:34am On Oct 19, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

HIMARS is a guided rocket. It isn't for air defense.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 5:45am On Oct 19, 2022
kabe1:

This is confusing, why is a French company paying the US government 778 million dollars?

If there's fine to be paid, shouldn't it be paid to the Syrian government or French government?

@Nemesis4u
I'll better answer you.

It is because it was US government that sued Lafarge. Any corporation with US presence is within jurisdiction. Two things can get any multinational in trouble with US law.

FCPA act- Paying bribes to foreign governments for contract.

PATRIOT act- Paying any form of money (whether legal or not) to government structures considered illegitimate and designated terrorist by the State dept.

Lafarge are guilty of paying taxes and protection money to ISIS

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 8:33am On Oct 19, 2022
RiceProducers:

Ignorance. You don't know Jack about military technology
He knows, he just made a honest mistake; you could have simply corrected him that's all
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2022

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 11:08am On Oct 19, 2022
kabe1:

@Nemesis4u

US is flexing it muscles on others or in this case taxing grin via it's rules which it conveniently ignores when it comes to self

During deployment in Afghanistan, elements of US agencies themselves were paying taliban indirectly (to circumvent direct complicity) and knowingly for safe passage of goods etc

patriot or whatever act feel asleep then I guess

US acts like the 'area boy' of the world bec it can afford to do so

And ironically US is fining others for supporting terrorists in Syria when US itself supports jihadi groups in Syria and now shamelessly stealing oil from Syria , and now will also keep that 788 million

Irony died a million deaths

addendum
I cant recollect for sure but I think few years back France imposed a big multi million dollar fine on a us company for internet / data security related issues , possibly it's a payback of sorts by Us

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
I can't believe I was today's old when I noticed this shocked

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 12:32pm On Oct 19, 2022
Manda bay kenya

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
GreenandGold:
I can't believe I was today's old when I noticed this shocked
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nemesis4you:

US is flexing it muscles on others or in this case taxing grin via it's rules which it conveniently ignores when it comes to self

During deployment in Afghanistan, elements of US agencies themselves were paying taliban indirectly (to circumvent direct complicity) and knowingly for safe passage of goods etc

And ironically US is fining others for supporting terrorists in Syria when US itself supports jihadi groups in Syria and now shamelessly stealing oil from Syria , and now will also keep that 788 million

addendum
I cant recollect for sure but I think few years back France imposed a big multi million dollar fine on a us company for internet / data security related issues , possibly it's a payback of sorts by Us

It's incredible.

Judge, Jury & Executioner.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nemesis4you:

addendum
Our MTN was accused of the same thing in a US court: paying protection fees to the Taliban to leave cell towers unscathed in Afghanistan.
MTN got the case dismissed on 2 grounds:
1) as MTN does not operate in the US, the Court had no jurisdiction; and
2) even if the US had jurisdiction, MTN paid village tribal elders who had been recommended and vetted by NATO authorities. If they passed the money on to the Taliban (which they did), MTN did not know and had no way to know.
grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Our MTN was accused of the same thing in a US court: paying protection fees to the Taliban to leave cell towers unscathed in Afghanistan.
MTN got the case dismissed on 2 grounds:
1) as MTN does not operate in the US, the Court had no jurisdiction; and
2) even if the US had jurisdiction, MTN paid village tribal elders who had been recommended and vetted by NATO authorities. If they passed the money on to the Taliban (which they did), MTN did not know and had no way to know.
grin grin grin

The irony huh ?
Pot calling cattle black

I can imagine the chagrin on the faces of the Americans who themselves did exactly the same to circumvent their own laws and 99% sure on advise of US law officials themselves

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

I got very confused when I read your post grin

You got me entirely wrong

I was not talking about the shahed drone grin

I was using the meme whose subject was the shahed drone as a example to illustrate the fragility of the so called ' truth '

UK , ukr.... , russ.... , Iran, had their own truth regarding the no of of drones etc

My point was whose 'truth ' is the ' truth ' ? grin

I think I will go with the version where Iran says it didn't sell drones to rus.. grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nemesis4you:

The irony huh ?
Pot calling cattle black

I can imagine the chagrin on the faces of the Americans who themselves did exactly the same to circumvent their own laws and 99% sure on advise of US law officials themselves
The guys that passed the cash directly on behalf of MTN?
An American firm of merce...PMCs hired by MTN for security. And also hired by ISAF!
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 5:17pm On Oct 19, 2022
After the patriot or whatever act

ThIs US act was mentioned

FCPA act- Paying bribes to foreign governments for contracts

I had a good 1 minute laugh grin

Forget contracts , they bribe to change entire government of a country grin grin grin

Recent example government across the border grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nemesis4you:
After the patriot or whatever act

ThIs US act was mentioned

FCPA act- Paying bribes to foreign governments for contracts

I had a good 1 minute laugh grin

Forget contracts , they bribe to change entire government of a country grin grin grin

Recent example government across the border grin
grin grin grin
Come now, we too were young and idealistic once!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2022
US Navy -Naval Forces Africa- Participated in the just concluded Grand African NEMO 2022 exercise with Hershel "Woody" Williams.

Grand African NEMO 2022 participants include Angola, Benin, Brazil, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, France, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Italy, Liberia, Morocco, Nigeria, Portugal, Sao-Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, Togo, United Kingdom, and the United States.

Picture courtesy of the US AFRICOM

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
Stargate254:
@NTSA I still dont get why the airforce was given the cobras instead of the army's 50th calvary, 6 is such a small number to be inducted into the airforce, they would be much more useful to army if they had operational control, If the army had them, they would be in Somali right now

This! This! This! I first thought it was the beginning of at least a 12 ship induction. Even though it turned out not to be the Aircav ideally should have gunships which don't fit the mission profile even of 1st world AFs.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
kabe1:
South African army plagued by setbacks in Cabo Delgado

The SADC intervention force in northern Mozambique, to which South Africa is the main contributor, has suffered a series of setbacks, including logistical snafus, lack of intelligence gathering, and poor coordination with Rwandan and Mozambican troops.

https://www.africaintelligence.com/southern-africa-and-islands/2022/10/12/south-african-army-plagued-by-setbacks-in-cabo-delgado,109834052-eve

I found this:
At the moment the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) is overburdened and will have to pick and choose where it deploys to due to its limited budget and shrunken capabilities, experts have warned.
https://www.defenceweb.co.za/featured/south-africa-needs-stronger-defence-force-to-deal-with-threats-like-mozambiques-insurgency/

There are few other serviceable vessels that can be sent to places like the Mozambique Channel. John Stupart, Director at African Defence Review, reminded participants that the SANDF’s defunct Project Millenium looked at the procurement of an amphibious assault ship, which “would have been an absolute game changer for Mozambique.” However, due to a lack of funding this never went anywhere.

Marais believes the SANDF needs comprehensive air support for operations like Mozambique and although the helicopter squadrons are doing “outstanding work,” the transport fleet (notably the C-130 Hercules) remains a “major concern.” Much of its aircraft are unserviceable.

I knew things weren't good but will this chronic underfunding continue indefinitely? I rmbr frummie, I think saying " the Grips will fly til they fall from the sky."
How many of the SANDF projects will suffer the same fate?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
Btw, for a forum of fierce pro/anti Russians/J/Ukes you've been strangely silent. Am I the only one who's heard of the Nordstream pipeline bombing?
Whoever benefits the most is generally the perp but what say ye?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2022
X
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2022

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 8:17pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nemesis4you:
So I was correct cheesy, tb2 was stated as trash by an ukrainian top official
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
davefurn:

He knows, he just made a honest mistake; you could have simply corrected him that's all

Thank you, you really get me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2667) (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: ukemeramat(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.