Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,480 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2775) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5987108 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) (2776) (2777) (2778) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 11:10am On Mar 14, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

If you believe that the United States will build a Drone base in the Aír region of Niger with costs running to 300 million dollars, with primary intent, I repeat primary intent to spy on Nigerian territory, then you might be wrong. Their are more willing Nigerians to do the job than willing Americans.

Personally, I'll want a great Nigeria which will spear head the removal of foreign presence in the West African region and entire continent and not one which is a pawn amongst powers. Maybe in the near future, we won't punch below our weights, diplomatically.

The United States of America, just like Russia and China all have their personal interests and aims in the modern "scramble of Africa". It's left for African people to ensure they benefit from these powers instead of believing that one of them truly loves the African people.
Benefit from whose powers.
How about standing on ur own, running your own show by urself.
Damn, when they say the leaders we have in africa is a replica of the society, this guy is an example.
Imagine having this guy as a leader in Africa, he will sell the country to outsiders.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:16am On Mar 14, 2023
It seems like this hurricane season is not done with us

Cyclone Freddy returns killing over 100 in Malawi, Mozambique

Cyclone Freddy, packing powerful winds and torrential rain, killed more than 100 people in Malawi and Mozambique on its return to southern Africa's mainland, authorities said Monday.

https://phys.org/news/2023-03-cyclone-freddy-malawi-mozambique.html

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:56am On Mar 14, 2023
GreenandGold:
It seems like this hurricane season is not done with us

https://phys.org/news/2023-03-cyclone-freddy-malawi-mozambique.html
I did think we celebrated the end of the season too soon.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

If you believe that the United States will build a Drone base in the Aír region of Niger with costs running to 300 million dollars, with primary intent, I repeat primary intent to spy on Nigerian territory, then you might be wrong. Their are more willing Nigerians to do the job than willing Americans.

Personally, I'll want a great Nigeria which will spear head the removal of foreign presence in the West African region and entire continent and not one which is a pawn amongst powers. Maybe in the near future, we won't punch below our weights, diplomatically.

The United States of America, just like Russia and China all have their personal interests and aims in the modern "scramble of Africa". It's left for African people to ensure they benefit from these powers instead of believing that one of them truly loves the African people.
Alright, what is the drone base for in Niger? Y'all just underestimate Nigeria, you don't know how powerful Nigeria truly is. We are the largest black population in the world, so I can give an opinion that it is their primary intent. US initiated it, stop trying to romanticise it because us is involved. If Fran had truly given chad and the likes their independence, do you think that they will be the way they are now. See if Nigeria was in the same situation as us, we will do the same to protect our interest but when you know you're doing something bad and then you try to romanticise it because your other half of country is involved.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2023
[quote author=Faithful007 post=121721693][/quote]

Yes, they are constantly invading our airspace and monitoring what is going on in the North with drones without even assisting us in any way despite doing that.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2023
QuietMynd:

Benefit from whose powers.
How about standing on ur own, running your own show by urself.
Damn, when they say the leaders we have in africa is a replica of the society, this guy is an example.
Imagine having this guy as a leader in Africa, he will sell the country to outsiders.

Even Thomas will be surprised grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2023
QuietMynd:

How can that building cost 38 dollars.
When there is no production lines inside

Later when we buy from Rus, they will sanction us. Scammed the hell out of us, all the money gotten went to those righteous American politicians pockets so that they accept the bill. They claim we are corrupt but they are far worse than us, just that they have hundreds of years experience in hiding it in plain sight.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2023
The C2 variant of the Hornet + trailer.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lurker4Long:
1 Hornet pic deserves another...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 3:03pm On Mar 14, 2023
QuietMynd:

How can that building cost 38 dollars.
When there is no production lines inside
It is a support facility. There are A29 support equipment there. I believe there is a simulator as well. It was also built by U.S. Contractors so the production costs were higher.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 3:06pm On Mar 14, 2023
davefurn:

Later when we buy from Rus, they will sanction us. Scammed the hell out of us, all the money gotten went to those righteous American politicians pockets so that they accept the bill. They claim we are corrupt but they are far worse than us, just that they have hundreds of years experience in hiding it in plain sight.
Now you have started speaking like an idiot.

Didn't you see where I stated that it was financed by the USACE and not Nigeria?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 3:19pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lurker4Long:

You know how I love air-liftable things grin

I was thinking how the SAAF needs something like the NH90 as the Oxry replacement.. but damn the running costs.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 3:35pm On Mar 14, 2023
davefurn:

Yes, they are constantly invading our airspace and monitoring what is going on in the North with drones without even assisting us in any way despite doing that.
U.S drones don't have the capacity to monitor airspace. That is the job of the E-3 (AWACS).

Occasionally, the USAF has flown the Predator/RQ-A in Nigeria to provide surveillance data for the NAF whose aircraft aren't as advanced and are often out of service. The missions are often classified but that doesn't mean the Nigerian military isn't aware.

The way you talk shows me you're just an internet analyst lacking knowledge about the true nature of military operations in Nigeria. The U.S.A.F. has assisted the NAF since the inception of BH/IS. The US Navy/ Coast Guard do organize joint drills to tackle piracy in West Africa. These things don't cost the U.S any significant amount and helps a great deal to maintain relations and support areas of mutual interest.

Of course they benefit the US as well. Leaving terrorism to rise in Nigeria will be dangerous to western countries. Leaving piracy to rise will affect world shipping routes.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2023
davefurn:

Alright, what is the drone base for in Niger? Y'all just underestimate Nigeria, you don't know how powerful Nigeria truly is. We are the largest black population in the world, so I can give an opinion that it is their primary intent. US initiated it, stop trying to romanticise it because us is involved. If Fran had truly given chad and the likes their independence, do you think that they will be the way they are now. See if Nigeria was in the same situation as us, we will do the same to protect our interest but when you know you're doing something bad and then you try to romanticise it because your other half of country is involved.

No one mentioned Nigeria being insignificant. No one said that. If you had read my comment word for word, you'll had understood that I didn't even applaud the United States or anything.

The primary intent of the United States in the sahel, like its intent of most of its foreign bases around the globe, is to counter the interests of its adversaries(China, Russia etc). Countering these interests can be done through numerous ways. E.g, in the Sahel, the United States claims they're aiding G-5 sahel nations to combat terrorism as part of its global war against terrorism, at the same time keeping an eye on nearby Mali, Algeria(which is an adversary to its ally, Morocco), Libya(which have Russian supported leadership), etc. The primary intent of the base might no be for spying on Nigeria but in an event of Nigeria countering American interest, it might be. For now, Nigeria might be secondary.

Also, everyone knows that China has been very influential in the African continent since the beginning of the 21st century, so western powers would surely counter the Chinese influence.

Present day, Nigeria has no capacity and will to push for a western withdrawal from the Niger, West Africa or the African continent at large in a Western controlled world order. Even if it was possible, the west African region would be easily destabilised because I don't see us having the ability to deploy and support West African states combating terrorism when we haven't even dealt with insecurity in our home country.

Also, have you wondered what the States is going to spy on in Nigeria that can't be easily given to them by Nigerian assets? Military capability or what? I'd like to hear what you think would be spied on.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2023
Faithful007:
U.S drones don't have the capacity to monitor airspace. That is the job of the E-3 (AWACS).

Occasionally, the USAF has flown the Predator/RQ-A in Nigeria to provide surveillance data for the NAF whose aircraft aren't as advanced and are often out of service. The missions are often classified but that doesn't mean the Nigerian military isn't aware.

The way you talk shows me you're just an internet analyst lacking knowledge about the true nature of military operations in Nigeria. The U.S.A.F. has assisted the NAF since the inception of BH/IS. The US Navy/ Coast Guard do organize joint drills to tackle piracy in West Africa. These things don't cost the U.S any significant amount and helps a great deal to maintain relations and support areas of mutual interest.

Of course they benefit the US as well. Leaving terrorism to rise in Nigeria will be dangerous to western countries. Leaving piracy to rise will affect world shipping routes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Atomics_MQ-9_Reaper
Atleast the first 5 lines should answer your question on airspace. Even Ukraine is enough evidence

Point out when please? Even if i don't know, on the battlefield field thread; we are meant to be getting regular updates on that.

On navy coast, because it benefits them, for the safety of their tankers especially when they traded oil with us

Says who? on leaving terrorism on the rise, isn't chad and niger been the home-ground of terrorism, yet they are constantly seeking Nigeria's help.

All your points are still the same romanticism, trying to justify what you are meant to condemn.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

No one mentioned Nigeria being insignificant. No one said that. If you had read my comment word for word, you'll had understood that I didn't even applaud the United States or anything.

The primary intent of the United States in the sahel, like its intent of most of its foreign bases around the globe, is to counter the interests of its adversaries(China, Russia etc). Countering these interests can be done through numerous ways. E.g, in the Sahel, the United States claims they're aiding G-5 sahel nations to combat terrorism as part of its global war against terrorism, at the same time keeping an eye on nearby Mali, Algeria(which is an adversary to its ally, Morocco), Libya(which have Russian supported leadership), etc. The primary intent of the base might no be for spying on Nigeria but in an event of Nigeria countering American interest, it might be. For now, Nigeria might be secondary.

Also, everyone knows that China has been very influential in the African continent since the beginning of the 21st century, so western powers would surely counter the Chinese influence.

Present day, Nigeria has no capacity and will to push for a western withdrawal from the Niger, West Africa or the African continent at large in a Western controlled world order. Even if it was possible, the west African region would be easily destabilised because I don't see us having the ability to deploy and support West African states combating terrorism when we haven't even dealt with insecurity in our home country.

Also, have you wondered what the States is going to spy on in Nigeria that can't be easily given to them by Nigerian assets? Military capability or what? I'd like to hear what you think would be spied on.

You guys like to read so much meaning into something very simple. The main purpose of U.S military operations in Africa is to contain Jihadists. Any other thing having to do with China and Russia is a CIA objective and not primarily the US military. You do not use drones and aircraft to look for Chinese or Russian influence. You use them to track enemy fighters.

You guys find this hard to believe because you don't understand how seriously the US takes jihadists. The US has jeopardized relationships with foreign countries in pursuit of the war on terrorism. Turkey a NATO ally wasn't even spared.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2023
Odunayaw, because you love chopper rescues so much! wink grin grin grin

SAMIM SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE SEARCH AND RESCUE OF LOCAL COMMUNITY MEMBER.

On Friday,10 March 2023 SADC Mission In Mozambique(SAMIM) in conjunction with Forças Armadas de Defesa de Moçambique (FADM) completed a successful search and rescue mission where a local community member was rescued from the flooding Lurio River due to the heavy rains.

Forças Armadas de Defesa de Moçambique (FADM) was initially contacted but was unsuccessful with their helicopter to rescue the local member. FADM immediately sought assistance from SAMIM Aviation Component, which was approved by the SAMIM Force Commander Major General Xolani Mankayi immediately. The aircrew from the Republic of South Africa conducted the mission to save the local member who had been stuck for 35 hours in the middle of the river. The member had suffered extreme hyperthermia and was in a terrible state upon rescue.

The rescue took place 42 Nm south west of Pemba, within 35 min the Oryx crew found the member. Under severe difficult circumstances Sergeant Raphiri (A109 F/Eng) was hoisted down to rescue the trapped local member. The rescue crew was challenged by the extremely strong river currents, strong winds and the fact that the member was standing on a very small rock, crew had to be extremely careful for the helicopter downwash (8 tons) not pushing the member from the rock. After 2 attempts Sergeant Raphiri managed to successfully rescue the member from the rock and was hoisted to safety.

The Air Medical Team (AMET) lead by Doctor O. Khan and Sergeant Thabethe took over once the member was in the aircraft and provided necessary medical care to the member. The member was taken to SAMIM Level 2 Hospital for further medical care. Accolades must be given to the quick reaction from the aircrew and AMET and their professional conduct during this extreme difficult technical rescue. The aircrew consisted of Major J.A.N Augustyn (Oryx Commander), Captain R. Mothoa (Co-pilot), Warrant Officer 2 A. Prince (Flight Engineer), Sergeant Raphiri (Rescuer), AMET: Doctor O. Khan, Lieutenant D.C Mmitseng, Sergeant X.C. Thabethe.
SAMIM will continue working with FADM to assist the people of Mozambique and attain requisite Peace and Stability.
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY MAJOR J.A.N AUGUSTYN (ORYX COMMANDER)|| PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEO PROVIDED BY AMET: Doctor O. KHAN|| ARTICLE BY LIEUTENANT PHUMELA VELDTMAN || INFORMATION OPERATIONS OFFICER SAMIM HEADQUARTERS

(GreenandGold, Jl115: I see on the video they're now using "Chaka" on either a mobile or tablet! grin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMybbBdW3yk

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2023
Faithful007:
You guys like to read so much meaning into something very simple. The main purpose of U.S military operations in Africa is to contain Jihadists. Any other thing having to do with China and Russia is a CIA objective and not primarily the US military. You do not use drones and aircraft to look for Chinese or Russian influence. You use them to track enemy fighters.

You guys find this hard to believe because you don't understand how seriously the US takes jihadists. The US has jeopardized relationships with foreign countries in pursuit of the war on terrorism. Turkey a NATO ally wasn't even spared.

You are aware that the CIA operates the Drone base at Dirkou Airport in Niger, right?

I did not mention using drones to chase any influence. The presence of American physical military infrastructure in a foreign location alone is a physical extension of its foreign policies.

Coming in to fight terrorism in the sahel or whatever they doing there is protecting American interest and countering its adversaries.

The United States claims to take the war against terror seriously, even though they contributed massively to the growth of jihadists

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2023
Faithful007:
It is a support facility. There are A29 support equipment there. I believe there is a simulator as well. It was also built by U.S. Contractors so the production costs were higher.
U might be right, but the issue I have with your submission is that, with the way u talk someone might think u re part of the contractor for u to know there is a simulators in that building, u may be privy to some information we don't know sha.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lurker4Long:

(GreenandGold, Jl115: I see they're now using "Chaka" on either a mobile or tablet! grin)

Your taxes well-spent bro 👍 😊

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
I notice how they were not getting close to him... Very thoughtful, the blade winds were going to blow him off... that is actually very smart piloting from the SAAF. 👌👌👌

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:11pm On Mar 14, 2023
@Lurker4Long

I came across this on the interwebs.. I remembered that you also bank with Discovery... it's another case of your bank fees being well-spent grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2023
GreenandGold:
@Lurker4Long

I came across this on the interwebs.. I remembered that you also bank with Discovery... it's another case of your bank fees being well-spent grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:29pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lurker4Long:
Odunayaw, because you love chopper rescues so much! wink grin grin grin

(GreenandGold, Jl115: I see on the video they're now using "Chaka" on either a mobile or tablet! grin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMybbBdW3yk
Watching that person on that whatever-they-were-on was scary!

Good job!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:33pm On Mar 14, 2023
Odunayaw:
Watching that person on that whatever-they-were-on was scary!

Good job!
I'd love to know how he ended up there, for over 30 hours!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:12pm On Mar 14, 2023
Lurker4Long:

I'd love to know how he ended up there, for over 30 hours!
Exactly!

I'd be fired from any rescue service because I would often beat whoever contributed wilfully to his/her predicament that needed us to come and save them

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
Off topic

Queens on camo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 10:50pm On Mar 14, 2023
Faithful007:
Off topic

Queens on camo

You are full on topic and i like it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 3:57am On Mar 15, 2023
Faithful007:
Off topic

Queens on camo

I thought Russian military women were more beautiful than American military women but after seeing this pics, I realized that I was very right grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
Another angle of the exceptional SAAF rescue in Cabo Delgado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ47gqf802c

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:44pm On Mar 15, 2023
Quiz.

ID the F35C in the picture

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 1:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
SuperSixSeven:

You are full on topic and i like it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) (2776) (2777) (2778) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77