Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5986611 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2775) (2776) (2777) (2778) (2779) (2780) (2781) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
Lurker4Long:
GreenandGold, I don't even have to leave the Western Cape to partake in inland pleasures! grin grin grin

I will NOT let this one pass grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
...meanwhile inland grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
GreenandGold:

I will NOT let this one pass grin grin

grin grin grin
Well-played!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2023
grin grin grin
Today, out in False Bay!
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
jl115:
source?
Can't mention one at the moment but check some of those facts with Google. I'm very sure of it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2023
Exnavyboy62 I won't get into deep arguments on this. There has been EU lobbyists in the US since the war began. Look below for FMS stats.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2023
I've noticed that the Nigerians do not contribute here as much as they did before.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
Lurker4Long:
grin grin grin
Today, out in False Bay!
grin grin grin

No friken way... shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MUTERIKA(m): 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
Faithful007:
I've noticed that the Nigerians do not contribute here as much as they did before.
Busy with elections and all.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
GreenandGold:

No friken way... shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin
And a friend took this in Gordon's Bay, yesterday.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
Faithful007:
Can't mention one at the moment but check some of those facts with Google. I'm very sure of it.
check it then post it mate wink you made the claim.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 10:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
jl115:
check it then post it mate wink you made the claim.

ACFT is for everyone. It is gendered
OPAT is the first test for anyone who wants to enter combat training. It is gender neutral.

You likely have swallowed misinformation.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 1:21am On Mar 20, 2023
MUTERIKA:
Busy with elections and all.
Yeah I know.

Just strange nobody is contributing anymore for weeks. I love the part where it means less Russian BS here, but they should contribute as regards Nigeria and Africa.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 2:59am On Mar 20, 2023
Faithful007:
Exnavyboy62 I won't get into deep arguments on this. There has been EU lobbyists in the US since the war began. Look below for FMS stats.

It only shows that the US is still the undefeated champion in arms export to which I agree, although they sometimes force their weapons down the throats of their customers or threaten other nations with sanctions for buying weapons from Russia, China, Iran or North Korea. For example when Egypt was threatened with sanctions for trying to receive the Russian Su 35 and they tried to force the F-15 on them but rather, Egypt opted for the Rafale(Wise decision). And they also threatened the Philippines with sanctions for trying to purchase the Mil Mi 35 and they tried to force the Apache AH 64 on them, but they opted for the TAI T-129 Atak.

But Europe replacing Russia in it's arms export to customer countries, I'm not so sure maybe China would have been a reasonable option. For example, Algeria which happens to be a long time loyal patroniser of Russian weapons is shifting its attention on Chinese weapons now more often. China has also gotten a foothold on African countries in terms of arms export in general even before the war began, meanwhile Europe exports apart from Italian aircrafts, French Naval vessels and Turkish drones and armoured vehicles to a few countries have been so significant in Africa.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MUTERIKA(m): 6:34am On Mar 20, 2023
Faithful007:
Yeah I know.

Just strange nobody is contributing anymore for weeks. I love the part where it means less Russian BS here, but they should contribute as regards Nigeria and Africa.
Now that elections are over, expect a return grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:48am On Mar 20, 2023
Exnavyboy62:

It only shows that the US is still the undefeated champion in arms export to which I agree, although they sometimes force their weapons down the throats of their customers or threaten other nations with sanctions for buying weapons from Russia, China, Iran or North Korea. For example when Egypt was threatened with sanctions for trying to receive the Russian Su 35 and they tried to force the F-15 on them but rather, Egypt opted for the Rafale(Wise decision) . And they also threatened the Philippines with sanctions for trying to purchase the Mil Mi 35 and they tried to force the Apache AH 64 on them, but they opted for the TAI T-129 Atak.

But Europe replacing Russia in it's arms export to customer countries, I'm not so sure maybe China would have been a reasonable option. For example, Algeria which happens to be a long time loyal patroniser of Russian weapons is shifting its attention on Chinese weapons now more often. China has also gotten a foothold on African countries in terms of arms export in general even before the war began, meanwhile Europe exports apart from Italian aircrafts, French Naval vessels and Turkish drones and armoured vehicles to a few countries have been so significant in Africa.

Nope. That's actually not what happened. Egypt already needed Dassault Rafales, especially for the Egyptian Navy and those purchases were made before the Su-35S.

Egypt wanted to join the F-35 program after deliveries of F-35I to Israel, in fact in 2018, Donald Trump made a verbal commitment to elSisi and Egypt, to sell 20 F-35s but the deal didn't go through. Egypt then asked for F-15s and it was declined. Then Egypt went ahead with the Su-35 purchase regardless of CAATSA, before the United States agreed to the F-15 purchase. Hopefully, they get the F15ex.

According to Egyptian sources, they were dissatisfied with the Su 35 when it was pitted against Rafale because it was below expectations.

Technically, the Rafale is the most potent aircraft in Egypt as the F16s lack BVR capability
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raeblack: 9:27am On Mar 20, 2023
The Zambia Air Force (ZAF) Mi-17 Helicopter has taken off to Malawi for Search and Rescue air operations and Food Relief Distribution to Cyclone Freddy Victims.
Tanzania Air Force also sent two H225

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raeblack: 9:42am On Mar 20, 2023
Zambian President braved a heavy downpour to induct Special Forces Operatives into Special Forces Corp.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raeblack: 9:43am On Mar 20, 2023
Raeblack:
Zambian President braved a heavy downpour to induct Special Forces Operatives into Special Forces Corp.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raeblack: 9:44am On Mar 20, 2023
[quote author=Raeblack post=121905559][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:50am On Mar 20, 2023
Lurker4Long:

grin grin grin
And a friend took this in Gordon's Bay, yesterday.

On its way to steal Augastine's girlfriend grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:53am On Mar 20, 2023
This one is enough to make me wanna join the Zambian military.... this pose alone would score me multiple mating rights in the village grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
GreenandGold:
x
You guys haven't yet mentioned the ICC warrant and the implications for the BRICS Summit here in August.
For what it's worth, I don't think the Ramaphosa admin would be as stupid as Zuma's and repeat the al-Bashir situation.
So I think Putin will be publically invited, but privately persuaded to stay home. That way, everybody saves face.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
GreenandGold:
This one is enough to make me wanna join the Zambian military.... this pose alone would score me multiple mating rights in the village grin grin

grin I don't see the tactical importance of this
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

grin I don't see the tactical importance of this

Bragging rights bro, bragging rights grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
Lurker4Long:

You guys haven't yet mentioned the ICC warrant and the implications for the BRICS Summit here in August.
For what it's worth, I don't think the Ramaphosa admin would be as stupid as Zuma's and repeat the al-Bashir situation.
So I think Putin will be publically invited, but privately persuaded to stay home. That way, everybody saves face.

This is a challenging one... at this moment, we don't need any international diplomatic drama, we have a lot on our plate as we speak.

Putin must stay home.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
GreenandGold:

would bullet travel 5,000m if they position this way ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2023
jteku:

would bullet travel 5,000m if they position this way ?

The ladies showed up to watch the military do its thing, you gotta give them a show bro grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 6:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
Just last week;
Angola purchases landing vessel
Angola purchases missile armed Corvette

Now this week;
BREAKING NEWS!!!, Angola purchases armed reconnaissance drones. What next on their list...??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACM1dAs8wcg

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2023
MUTERIKA:
Now that elections are over, expect a return grin grin
There will be post election riots to deal with.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

Nope. That's actually not what happened. Egypt already needed Dassault Rafales, especially for the Egyptian Navy and those purchases were made before the Su-35S.

Egypt wanted to join the F-35 program after deliveries of F-35I to Israel, in fact in 2018, Donald Trump made a verbal commitment to elSisi and Egypt, to sell 20 F-35s but the deal didn't go through. Egypt then asked for F-15s and it was declined. Then Egypt went ahead with the Su-35 purchase regardless of CAATSA, before the United States agreed to the F-15 purchase. Hopefully, they get the F15ex.

According to Egyptian sources, they were dissatisfied with the Su 35 when it was pitted against Rafale because it was below expectations.

Technically, the Rafale is the most potent aircraft in Egypt as the F16s lack BVR capability
Thanks for clearing him up. He's making it look like State Dept is going about threatening countries that won't buy from us with economic sanctions.

He does not know the difference between FMS & ITAR restrictions and economic sanctions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2775) (2776) (2777) (2778) (2779) (2780) (2781) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.