Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2838) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962129 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 8:41pm On Apr 11
Where's the almighty South Africa ??
Ohhh sorry wena, no white south africans no show grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 8:54pm On Apr 11
It is not even Q1 of 2024 yet

"Murife don't run" grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 1:25pm On Apr 12
While y’all chasing bandits in a rat race that never ends, Russia just arrived Niger Republic with Air Defence Systems and military instructors. T’is what happens when clow.ns who have no clue snatch, grab and run with power they know not what to do with except to loot the National Treasury in broad daylight. The APC is a scourge on Nigeria’s destiny. Only bad news. Assimi Goita’s junta should never have been allowed to happen, he precipitated this whole crisis from Mali to Burkina Faso, Guinea and now Niger Republic. Now an existential geopolitical threat exists right on Nigeria’s borders; a more dangerous foe not motorcycle riding bandits & maurauding terrorists with no air cover. Who knows what system its been set up, if it’s an S-300 / S-400 then you can forget Nigeria’s first strike deterrence stand-off capability. This is the heavy price you pay for an illegitimate government in Abuja.

I repeat y’all just wasting time while the world has left us behind. No justice, no humanity just keeping up appearances with grandiose noises.

https://p.dw.com/p/4eg2J

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 4:18pm On Apr 12
Covert1:
While y’all chasing bandits in a rat race that never ends, Russia has just arrived Niger Republic with Air Defence Systems and military instructors. T’is what happens when clow.ns who have no clue snatch, grab and run with power they know not what to do with except to loot the National Treasury in broad daylight. The APC is a scourge on Nigeria’s destiny. Only bad news. Assimi Goita’s junta should never have been allowed to happen, he precipitated this whole crisis from Mali to Burkina Faso, Guinea and now Niger Republic. Now an existential geopolitical threat now exists right on Nigeria’s borders; a more dangerous foe not motorcycle riding bandits & maurauding terrorists with no air cover. Who knows what system is been set up if it’s an S-300/ S-400 then you can forget Nigeria’s first strike deterrence stand-off capability. This is the heavy price you pay for an illegitimate government in Abuja.

I repeat y’all just wasting time while the world has left us behind. No justice, no humanity just keeping up appearances with grandiose noises.

Unfortunately, it is air defense systems they are installing. I just heard it on the BBC.

If they are bringing in air defense systems, then one has to ask why air defense systems? Are they bringing them because they are anticipating a major power coming to attack their bases, or they are bringing the air defense systems to protect the regime?

The countries that have bases around Niger with a significantly better airforce than Niger are Algeria and Nigeria. Obviously, Niger faces no threat from Algeria as the Algerians won't be flying down to Niamey any time soon. We also have always had good relations with Niger. But I suspect the junta there feels we may change our mind and decide to insist that they go so in their estimation, they can hold off our soldiers on the ground but since they won't be able to come up with any thing in the air, they need outside help from the Russians. But this is still not plausible, I don't think.

But that question ''why air defense system?'' is a good one that needs to be answered

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 4:25pm On Apr 12
Covert1:
While y’all chasing bandits in a rat race that never ends, Russia just arrived Niger Republic with Air Defence Systems and military instructors. T’is what happens when clow.ns who have no clue snatch, grab and run with power they know not what to do with except to loot the National Treasury in broad daylight. The APC is a scourge on Nigeria’s destiny. Only bad news. Assimi Goita’s junta should never have been allowed to happen, he precipitated this whole crisis from Mali to Burkina Faso, Guinea and now Niger Republic. Now an existential geopolitical threat exists right on Nigeria’s borders; a more dangerous foe not motorcycle riding bandits & maurauding terrorists with no air cover. Who knows what system its been set up, if it’s an S-300 / S-400 then you can forget Nigeria’s first strike deterrence stand-off capability. This is the heavy price you pay for an illegitimate government in Abuja.

just 3 S-400s stationed at strategic points along our borders, and they effectively close Nigers air space to the NAF.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 4:27pm On Apr 12
MiddleDimension:

Unfortunately, it is air defense systems they are installing. I just heard it on the BBC.

If they are bringing in air defense systems, then one has to ask why air defense systems? Are they bringing them because they are anticipating a major power coming to attack their bases, or they are bringing the air defense systems to protect the regime?

The countries that have bases around Niger with a significantly better airforce than Niger are Algeria and Nigeria. Obviously, Niger faces no threat from Algeria as the Algerians won't be flying down to Niamey any time soon. We also have always had good relations with Niger. But I suspect the junta there feels we may change our mind and decide to insist that they go so in their estimation, they can hold off our soldiers on the ground but since they won't be able to come up with any thing in the air, they need outside help from the Russians. But this is still not plausible.l, I don't think.

But that question ''why air defense system?'' is a good one that needs to be answered

The answer is right there in your post. Let’s not pretend. The only reason the Junta there is prioritising Air Defence it’s because it knows it can alter the balance of power against Nigeria the regional hegemon. Nigeria is been reduced to a peer power among sub-regional nation states because of the docile uninformed foreign policy of the APC regime beginning with the worthless Buhari now exacerbated with the illegitimate government of Tinubu who doesn’t command National Loyalty nor the respect of the Armed Forces. All these are now existential threats. How come Nigeria is appeasing Niger Republic that Regime survival in Niamey has become a detriment to our National Security. This must not be allowed under any circumstances. Where is the NIA, DIA and the NSA. The Russian Ambassador should be summoned if behind the scenes overstures are not being heard. Regional powers decide what weapon systems enter their backyard. Nigeria withal, sad! Withal!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 4:29pm On Apr 12
MiddleDimension:

just 3 S-400s stationed at strategic points along our borders, and they effectively close Nigers air space to the NAF.

The NAF won’t even contemplate it. The SBS may become the option to sabotage, which is extremely risky and dangerous. Almost certain death.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 4:30pm On Apr 12
MiddleDimension:

The countries that have bases around Niger with a significantly better airforce than Niger are Algeria and Nigeria. Obviously, Niger faces no threat from Algeria as the Algerians won't be flying down to Niamey any time soon. We also have always had good relations with Niger. But I suspect the junta there feels we may change our mind and decide to insist that they go so in their estimation, they can hold off our soldiers on the ground but since they won't be able to come up with any thing in the air, they need outside help from the Russians. But this is still not plausible.l, I don't think.

In other words, they traded one imperialist for another grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 4:48pm On Apr 12
I didn’t support an invasion at the time of the coup neither was I averse to it. My only fear was the man in Abuja didn’t win legitimately and that’s a problem in going to war either to gain that legitimacy or for true national motives of National Security but either way under the circumstances he came to power he’d quickly lose national support if things don’t go according to plan quickly assuming if the capture of the State House in Niamey exceeds 30 or 60 to 90 days. It will be a disaster and death knell on any re-election prospects [not that I see that happening anyway regardless]. However my hunch was right the risk was worth it to invade and get rid of the military regime which has become a cancer across the region and itself [military rule] an existential threat against Nigeria’s democracy long term. Nigeria should have invaded and dislodged Brig. Gen. Tiani in the early days of the coup. I only saw in him another Abacha in the making. When dictators come all they do is fight for regime survival and that now has become our albatross.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 5:33pm On Apr 12
Bacteria8:

In other words, they traded one imperialist for another grin

not exactly.

I feel the Russians, unlike the French, won't want to dictate to them. But what does Russia get in turn in this partnership? Is it strategic location? or access to minerals? What mineral does Niger have that Russia does not have even in larger quantity? If Russia has nukes and nuclear energy, then it certainly does not need uranium from Niger.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 6:03pm On Apr 12
These guys are definitely Spetsnaz. They are not messing around. What options do we have in the event of war, a blitzkreig with more focus on the Army perhaps. Niger Republic lacks any credible Tank threat but one can bet the Russians may follow up on that. Right now I think Military Diplomacy should be aggressively employed by Nigeria and get the Russians not to deploy any system that alters the balance of power. While Niamey can offer the Russians Uranium and a foothold against the West in Africa they stand to lose access to Nigeria’s gas pipeline deals signed under former Russian President Medvedev seen at the time as a counter weight to the West’ energy supply. Following up Abuja may need to consider a Presidential rapprochement with Moscow and stop any further investment in the multi-billion dollar trans-Sahara rail line to Niger Republic. Right now this government is all over the place with no coherent foreign policy. General Tiani [a trained officer] and his junta understands what a credible threat is to his regime [which is Nigeria] and is leaving no stone unturned to ensure his survival. We are just playing catch up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc1hbF04Ido?si=adzwusL_n4ZmxLaS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 6:39pm On Apr 12
MiddleDimension:

not exactly.

I feel the Russians, unlike the French, won't want to dictate to them. But what does Russia get in turn in this partnership? Is it strategic location? or access to minerals? What mineral does Niger have that Russia does not have even in larger quantity? If Russia has nukes and nuclear energy, then it certainly does not need uranium from Niger.

Resource control sir.

Russia doenst need the Uranium but France and Europe needs it.

So Niger only sell to whoever Russia approves grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 6:39pm On Apr 12
Covert1:
These guys are definitely Spetsnaz. They are not messing around. What options do we have in the event of war, a blitzkreig with more focus on the Army perhaps. Niger Republic lacks any credible Tank threat but one can bet the Russians may follow up on that. Right now I think Military Diplomacy should be aggressively employed by Nigeria and get the Russians not to deploy any system that alters the balance of power. While Niamey can offer the Russians Uranium and a foothold against the West in Africa they stand to lose access to Nigeria’s gas pipeline deals signed under former Russian President Medvedev seen at the time as a counter weight to the West’ energy supply. Following up Abuja may need to consider a Presidential rapprochement with Moscow and stop any further investment in the multi-billion dollar trans-Sahara rail line to Niger Republic. Right now this government is all over the place with no coherent foreign policy. General Tiani [a trained officer] and his junta understands what a credible threat is to his regime [which is Nigeria] and is leaving no stone unturned to ensure his survival. We are just playing catch up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc1hbF04Ido?si=adzwusL_n4ZmxLaS

I don't think the issue has got to this.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:16pm On Apr 12
Bacteria8:

Resource control sir.

Russia doenst need the Uranium but France and Europe needs it.

So Niger only sell to whoever Russia approves grin

Third parties. Geo-political gamesmanship.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:33pm On Apr 12
MiddleDimension:

I don't think the issue has got to this.

Until we start looking for someone to help us hold the baby and the bath water. Why would the US be willing to go to war during the Cuban missile crisis. Why would Russia invade Ukraine and risk a wider war with NATO.

Sadly ours is now a Banana republic in all but name which is why we are still battling Boko Haram and Bandits for near two decades because we failed to be proactive and anticipate future threats.

I will predict right here these Military regimes in the region especially Tiani’s in Niger Republic will come home to roost. Never before in Nigeria’s history that we told a Niger Republic to stand down and they failed to do so. Now we bend to their will. Would never have happened under President Obasanjo. I don’t believe it will ever have happened under a Peter Obi Presidency with OBJ as his political mentor and a campaign full of seasoned Generals or somebody with Datti Baba Ahmed’s personality.

Nigeria is a nation in decline. Tell me one person in the current administration that has the credentials to change the status quo. None, zip! nader! You have a Defense Minister who failed in security as a State Governor but got appointed to such sensitive role. It is I chop you chop government. Incompetent people in power.

The NIA Director is a ni.com.poop. He’s tenure has been a disaster. Nigeria is annoying, been that way for ages. Tiani and Goita however irresponsible they are as military officers to take power with Presidential Guard or Command powers given to them are more competent than these folks in APC put together.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 10:34pm On Apr 12
MiddleDimension:

not exactly.

The Russians are definitely messing with the french, they have effectively limit the french influence in the Sahel.

I think that’s what their aim is here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 6:41am On Apr 13
Shaytun:

The Russians are definitely messing with the french, they have effectively limit the french influence in the Sahel.

I think that’s what their aim is here.
How did south Africa deal with angola with their Soviet air defence system, so a battle striken Russia can afford to send enough spetssnaz able to counteract our army. There's strength in numbers
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:40am On Apr 13
Nigeria exports additional Armoured Cash-in-transit vehicles to Ghana.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:08am On Apr 13
Covert1:

The answer is right there in your post. Let’s not pretend. The only reason the Junta there is prioritising Air Defence it’s because it knows it can alter the balance of power against Nigeria the regional hegemon. Nigeria is been reduced to a peer power among sub-regional nation states because of the docile uninformed foreign policy of the APC regime beginning with the worthless Buhari now exacerbated with the illegitimate government of Tinubu who doesn’t command National Loyalty nor the respect of the Armed Forces. All these are now existential threats. How come Nigeria is appeasing Niger Republic that Regime survival in Niamey has become a detriment to our National Security. This must not be allowed under any circumstances. Where is the NIA, DIA and the NSA. The Russian Ambassador should be summoned if behind the scenes overstures are not being heard. Regional powers decide what weapon systems enter their backyard. Nigeria withal, sad! Withal!

Things have changed bro. Even if OBJ and PDP are the ones in power. They can't do shit to stop Moscow from deploying ADS in 🇳🇪. I hate APC too but they can't take the blame here. The 🇷🇺 vs 🇺🇦 war has created an existential threat to Moscow in the international system.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:10am On Apr 13
New Nigerian made MRAP

Proforce Defence Viper MRAP

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:22am On Apr 13
NIGERIAN NAVY SHIP KADA AND UNITED STATES SHIP HERSHEL WOODY WILLIAMS ON A COMBINED EXERCISE

On Saturday 6 April 2024, Nigerian Navy Ship KADA and United States Ship HERSHEL WOODY WILLIAMS arrived South West of BONGA Field for Sea Exercise which included Communication Exercises and Fleet Manoeuvres. Subsequently, both vessels conducted crew exchange and a tour of the vessels.
#OnwardTogether

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:23am On Apr 13
Covert1:
I didn’t support an invasion at the time of the coup neither was I averse to it. My only fear was the man in Abuja didn’t win legitimately and that’s a problem in going to war either to gain that legitimacy or for true national motives of National Security but either way under the circumstances he came to power he’d quickly lose national support if things don’t go according to plan quickly assuming if the capture of the State House in Niamey exceeds 30 or 60 to 90 days. It will be a disaster and death knell on any re-election prospects [not that I see that happening anyway regardless]. However my hunch was right the risk was worth it to invade and get rid of the military regime which has become a cancer across the region and itself [military rule] an existential threat against Nigeria’s democracy long term. Nigeria should have invaded and dislodged Brig. Gen. Tiani in the early days of the coup. I only saw in him another Abacha in the making. When dictators come all they do is fight for regime survival and that now has become our albatross.

You think Russia can't project power from Libya...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:23am On Apr 13
kabe1:
NIGERIAN NAVY SHIP KADA AND UNITED STATES SHIP HERSHEL WOODY WILLIAMS ON A COMBINED EXERCISE

On Saturday 6 April 2024, Nigerian Navy Ship KADA and United States Ship HERSHEL WOODY WILLIAMS arrived South West of BONGA Field for Sea Exercise which included Communication Exercises and Fleet Manoeuvres. Subsequently, both vessels conducted crew exchange and a tour of the vessels.
#OnwardTogether

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 12:49am On Apr 14
MiddleDimension:

The countries that have bases around Niger with a significantly better airforce than Niger are Algeria and Nigeria. Obviously, Niger faces no threat from Algeria as the Algerians won't be flying down to Niamey any time soon. We also have always had good relations with Niger. But I suspect the junta there feels we may change our mind and decide to insist that they go so in their estimation, they can hold off our soldiers on the ground but since they won't be able to come up with any thing in the air, they need outside help from the Russians. But this is still not plausible, I don't think.

The main reason for air defence is because the US has a large drone base there. Also they are messing with France, France gets it's uranium from Africa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 2:44am On Apr 14
What goes around comes around.
For every action there is a reaction
As much as Israel as every right to defend itself(cough cough “genocide”), Iran also has every right to defend itself.
It is now we will be able to separate cowards from the courageous 😂

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 9:10am On Apr 14
Exnavyboy62:
What goes around comes around.
For every action there is a reaction
As much as Israel as every right to defend itself(cough cough “genocide”), Iran also has every right to defend itself.
It is now we will be able to separate cowards from the courageous 😂

I don't see anything serious here.

Launching drones that takes hours to reach Israel with the whole world knowing about it already has the drones fly out grin grin grin

Sounds like comedy...

I guess Iran just wanted to "do something", no matter how infantile, so as not to appear weak.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 9:16am On Apr 14
They have taken down the hours flying drones as expected grin

At least, the Iranian regime can tell their people that they did "something" grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:21am On Apr 14
One look at the M.E and it begs to ask how man is supposed to be the higher animal

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:14pm On Apr 14
Watch this report from CNN on the Russian deployment in Niger, and tell me what you think?

I personally found it to be condescending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fru1ChwD9SY?si=zySmEcvSVyLVSQll
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 3:57pm On Apr 14
Bacteria8:

I don't see anything serious here.

Launching drones that takes hours to reach Israel with the whole world knowing about it already has the drones fly out grin grin grin

Sounds like comedy...

I guess Iran just wanted to "do something", no matter how infantile, so as not to appear weak.
Why is Israel crying to UN, the UN Israel has so much disregarded..

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 12:27am On Apr 16
Bacteria8:
They have taken down the hours flying drones as expected grin

At least, the Iranian regime can tell their people that they did "something" grin

And it takes how many country to take them down? Even with all the combined effort from allies, two airbase still got hit and an aircraft damaged.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 6:43am On Apr 16
Omofaye99:

And it takes how many country to take them down? Even with all the combined effort from allies, two airbase still got hit and an aircraft damaged.
Drones and most cruise missiles are subsonic weapons. Even the Nigerian Air Force will shoot all that crap down.

US UK Assistance was more political than actual necessity. They have mutual defense treaties so it would be diplomatically wrong for Israel to take it all alone. Doesn't mean they couldn't. Israel's missile technology is at the very top of the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.