Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,106 members, 7,849,449 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6013580 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
Patchesagain:
Fantastic footage of the crew of the SAS Spionkop doing Anti-Air drills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUwJSYCAaSw

Gripen simulating attack runs

76mm rapid fire @2:19

I recommend watching the whole thing, frank and honest.
Awesome!!!

"NATO Busters" hahahahahaha
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
random

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
Lamu leaders laud KDF for killing four Shabaab terrorists

Leaders from Lamu County have lauded the killing on Monday of four Al-Shabaab militants by the Kenya Defence Forces in Boni Forest.

At the same time, locals, most of whom had begun losing hope on the war on terror in the region also said they were happy with the new development.

Security forces patrolling the Kenya-Somalia border along the expansive Boni forest on Monday killed four militants and recovered a police vehicle, a Ford Ranger, which had been stolen on December 16, 2015 during an attack at Milihoi near Mkunumbi in Lamu which left two people dead and one Administration Police officer injured.

According to KDF Spokesperson Col David Obonyo, Monday’s hunt also resulted in the recovery of four AK-47 rifles, three improvised explosive devices (IED), three pistols, ammunition and a global positioning system (GPS) gadget.
read more http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/Lamu-leaders-laud-killing-of-Shabaab-terrorists/-/1107872/3058942/-/y3crci/-/index.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2016
jln115:

Awesome!!!

"NATO Busters" hahahahahaha

Be Gripen pilot

Be bragging about low RCS

Come in low

At 400knts

Valour Class still gets a lock on grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
egypt air force F-16 jets

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
africaken, one single supply route of weapons is enough to keep El Shabbab alive and fighting continuously for years. Also, there may be leakages in those areas that they no longer control along the coast. AMISOM needs to TOTALLY cut off the supply lines of El Shabbab or else you keep fighting until they frustrate you like Talban frustrated NATO in Afghanistan where the supply lines was Pakistani borders feeding Taliban with endless supply of weapons and ordnance.

Some reports say AMISOM has about 22,000 troops in Somalia and has been fighting there for about 10 years. Doing the same old thing won't give you a new result. That list of advise I wrote looks simple, but it is the result of many years of studying Islamic terrorism by people who have military knowledge including veteran NATO soldiers of Iraq and Afghan wars.

Ignore those presidents and politicians meetings and talks, we need action from military men, AMISOM should focus on a couple of selected battle tested Algerian and Nigerian military Colonels or generals who have personally fought and conquered Islamic terrorists and PMC of African or Israeli origin like STTEP and NIRTAL, the AMISOM high command tacticians should be talking to Colonel Eben Barlow as a contractor whom Uganda is familiar, he did a big job in Uganda agaisnt LRA 'Islamic' insurgency.

AMISOM can consider my advise or keep fighting El Shabbab for another 10 years unless a miracle happens. One last advise, Lt.Gen Rono has done a good job and ended his term now, so appoint a new 2016 AMISOM commander in chief, bring in an offensive/attack oriented/minded Algerian army General, a battle tested and success proven veteran of the 11 year war on GIA terrorists.

I rest my case, bros.

http://www.nirtal.com/

http://www.sttepi.com/default.aspx

NIRTAL Israeli PMC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDkybigIskw

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
MUNISMA Mali

Nigerian police

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
Patchesagain:

Be Gripen pilot

Be bragging about low RCS

Come in low

At 400knts

Valour Class still gets a lock on grin grin grin grin grin

Equip them(the Gripens) with anti-ship missiles the task will get more difficult.

The Al-tariq/Umbani PGM advanced variant with a radar seeker can be used as a anti-ship system.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
agaugust:
africaken, one single supply route of weapons is enough to keep El Shabbab alive and fighting continuously for years. Also, there may be leakages in those areas that they no longer control along the coast. AMISOM needs to TOTALLY cut off the supply lines of El Shabbab or else you keep fighting until they frustrate you like Talban frustrated NATO in Afghanistan where the supply lines was Pakistani borders feeding Taliban with endless supply of weapons and ordnance.

Some reports say AMISOM has about 22,000 troops in Somalia and has been fighting there for about 10 years. Doing the same old thing won't give you a new result. That list of advise I wrote looks simple, but it is the result of many years of studying Islamic terrorism by people who have military knowledge including veteran NATO soldiers of Iraq and Afghan wars.

Ignore those presidents and politicians meetings and talks, we need action from military men, AMISOM should focus on a couple of selected battle tested Algerian and Nigerian military Colonels or generals who have personally fought and conquered Islamic terrorists and PMC of African or Israeli origin like STTEP and NIRTAL, the AMISOM high command tacticians should be talking to Colonel Eben Barlow as a contractor whom Uganda is familiar, he did a big job in Uganda agaisnt LRA 'Islamic' insurgency.

AMISOM can consider my advise or keep fighting El Shabbab for another 10 years unless a miracle happens. I rest my case, bros. One last advise, Lt.Gen Rono has done a good job and ended his term now, so appoint a new 2016 AMISOM commander in chief, bring in an offensive/attack oriented/minded Algerian army General, a battle tested and success proven veteran of the 11 year war on GIA terrorists.

NIRTAL Israeli PMC

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
MikeCZAR:

Equip them(the Gripens) with anti-ship missiles the task will get more difficult.

The Al-tariq/Umbani PGM advanced variant with a radar seeker can be used as a anti-ship system.

yeah of course! Dont forget the Raptor III as well!

Gripen deploying from beyond the radar horizon with small projectiles will be a b1tch to detect

What I want to know is

1. Take Uhmkonto rocket motor and missile casing
2. Attach Mokopa seeker and warhead
3. Intergrate into Gripen
4. ??
5. Profit

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Guys, let's please move all discussions to this thread. Let's not derail this thread.

www.nairaland.com/1962290/african-militaries-strictly-discussions-thread/7

Mikeczar, what's the problem?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
agaugust:

AMISOM can consider my advise or keep fighting El Shabbab for another 10 years unless a miracle happens. I rest my case, bros. One last advise, Lt.Gen Rono has done a good job and ended his term now, so appoint a new 2016 AMISOM commander in chief, bring in an offensive/attack oriented/minded Algerian army General, a battle tested and success proven veteran of the 11 year war on GIA terrorists.

NIRTAL Israeli PMC

to this day in algeria islamic jihadist are carrying out ambushes and IED attacks on algeria military and police,the same in caucasus in russia,mali even in your backyard nigeria .there is no magic bullet when dealing with asymmetrical warfare.when you talk about weapons you need to remember during the cold war somalia befriended both russia and USA thus provided with tons and tons of weapons.during the civil war many more ammo and weapons were smuggled by warloads from countries like yemen(a country which has more guns per person than anywhere else in the world) and still today with the recent instability in yemen more weapons and ammo are being smuggle along somali long coastal line.alshabaab is also acquring ammo and weapons from ambushing AMISOM,kenyan police, somali army e.t.c corrupt and even supporters inside somali national army .recently alshabaab tactic of overrunning AMISOM outposts has enabled it to acquire considerable amount of Ammo. conventional wars have victories but unconventional wars you need to invest for a long duration to see any results e.g israel,pakistan,egypt,algeria e.t.c.we can capture every town and village in somalia,then have an outpost next to them.alshabaab will vanish and then start taking out one out post after another.what is need is a strong and professional somalia army,which we hope in the future we will see take over responsibility from AMISOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoSCLJ23ygo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsyNvgDvvQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUvv5lO0waU

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
DSS Agents, Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 02, 2016
sudan air force MI-171E

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
ghana air force MI-17

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
Patchesagain:

yeah of course! Dont forget the Raptor III as well!

Gripen deploying from beyond the radar horizon with small projectiles will be a b1tch to detect

What I want to know is

1. Take Uhmkonto rocket motor and missile casing
2. Attach Mokopa seeker and warhead
3. Intergrate into Gripen
4. ??
5. Profit

The Raptor III is in a different class.

1. Small warhead to be effective.
2. Range.
3. Seeker.
4. intergration.

Years back Denel mentioned the development a weapon system called the SGM(Small guided missile)
but like most systems development might currently be halted. A fighter with racks would be able to carry more than 10 of those missiles.

But I doubt if the weapon system was indeed a missile my guess is that it was smaller PGM in the class of the Israeli Spice 250.

In terms of air-to-ground weapon I'd support the development of the system than a anti-ship missile or you wanna see a "nationalised air-launched Exocet missile"? grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:58pm On Feb 02, 2016
MikeCZAR:

The Raptor III is in a different class.

1. Small warhead to be effective.
2. Range.
3. Seeker.
4. intergration.

Years back Denel mentioned the development a weapon system called the SGM(Small guided missile)
but like most systems development might currently be halted. A fighter with racks would be able to carry more than 10 of those missiles.

But I doubt if the weapon system was indeed a missile my guess is that it was smaller PGM in the class of the Israeli Spice 250.

In terms of air-to-ground weapon I'd support the development of the system than a anti-ship missile or you wanna see a "nationalised air-launched Exocet missile"? grin grin grin grin

I want us to develop somthing like Brimstone

Multi-use ASM for everything from taking out an insurgent technical/fast boat to hitting a Frigate.

Mokopa with the range of the Uhmkonto and thruster from the A-darter could do the job

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
Henry240:
Guys, let's please move all discussions to this thread. Let's not derail this thread.

www.nairaland.com/1962290/african-militaries-strictly-discussions-thread/7

Mikeczar, what's the problem?
I don't have a problem sir.

Some of the things mentioned here though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Ghana air force Diamond DA42 air crafts

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
@tin foil i can't see the E-mail,try to resend.dont confuse the burundi and uganda combat outpost overran with kenyan combat outpost
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
Patchesagain:

I want us to develop somthing like Brimstone

Multi-use ASM for everything from taking out an insurgent technical/fast boat to hitting a Frigate.

Mokopa with the range of the Uhmkonto and thruster from the A-darter could do the job
The dual mode seeker?

Doesn't handle height altitudes on fast jets well.

Manuavrebility at the level of the A-Darter missile would be useless of a ASM.

The proposed Denel SGM would be able to do that at a lower cost. Just like the GBU-53 SDB II.

The Umkhonto can strike stationary ground targets and has during tests. GPS is all that is needed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
sudan army BTR-82A armoured personnel carrier (APC)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
Chad soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Nigerian Armed Forces Command and Staff College, JAJI ... Meme

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 02, 2016
oto melara palmaria 155mm self-propelled artillery of the nigeria army

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2016

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
Video of NAF CH-3A drone destroying boko-haram logistics base

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5fDPP62_H8

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 03, 2016
what is this ordnance ?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 03, 2016
africaken:
what is this ordnance ?
a 250 kg unguided bomb
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 03, 2016
africaken:
what is this ordnance ?
a 250 kg unguided bomb
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian Armed Forces Command and Staff College, JAJI ... Meme
grin jajistan

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Toju200(m), Baller254 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.