Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,214 members, 7,853,139 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6019489 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
Kenya army water survival course introduced

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 2:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
From Innonson

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian navy putting in work
Pic 1 seems to be SBS trainees at the range
Pic 2 couple NN ships on patrol, probably Gulf of Guinea
Nice images of navy SBS training. I can spot both the X-95 and CTAR-21.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Good F**king progress ! I see no reason why IVM and Proforce can't sign some kind of partnership to up amour these things to status of APC for use by the armed forces and maybe even police, civil defense and the rest.

tdayof any idea what it's called?
Not sure yet. I'll confirm
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
Fynline:
From Innonson
Beauty!! cool cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
ActivateKruger:

I think your weapons acquisition entity should setup a local vs international weapons acquisition ratio on soft-skin weaponry..... This is the perfect time to develop your weapons-making ability because when the war is over, things tend to slow down.

That's the only way to sustain the levels of growth we are currently seeing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Good F**king progress ! I see no reason why IVM and Proforce can't sign some kind of partnership to up amour these things to status of APC for use by the armed forces and maybe even police, civil defense and the rest.

tdayof any idea what it's called?
I disagree with a partnership. The only way to spur growth is for both companies to go head to head. A partnership this early would kill competition.

For the innoson vehicles, I see potential in the logistics, base defence and recon role. That is until they can provide more types.

Proforce vehicles can also fulfil the aforementioned roles and provide more. Good competition would allow us see better products from each company.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
Fynline:
From Innonson
We should modify, and provide a couple units to Navy SBS, Air Force regiment and other recon teams.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hitching a ride home on a C-17

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2016
Odunayaw:
I understand priorities first..JF-17!
JF-17, Super Tucano, MI-35, Super mushak.. let them all come.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2016
upko1:

Maybe I should as well list out the importance of an aircraft carrier and tell you we need it.

There are tons of stuffs lacking or shorting in the airforce, how you choose to overlook all these that are in line with current threats to whip up advocacy for AWACS and space ships is beyond me.
Brazil
thailand
greece
pakistan
chile
korea
mexico
singapore
south korea
sweden.
egypt
why not Nigeria?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2016
Wingback:
Hitching a ride home on a C-17
Don't derail this thread. Post on topic.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
Henry240:

He might not know that it's strictly African images and videos.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
Henry240:

Strictly pictures right?

That's a picture
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
frumentius:
Fouladou 7.
wont all those monitors hanging on the hull fall of if the ship gets hit by a missile attack or shell attack due to spalling effect??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2016
Wingback:

Strictly pictures right?

That's a picture

African!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by diehardanusfan(m): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2016
Wingback:

Strictly pictures right?

That's a picture

Troll alert!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
The battle from Northern Bornu.

There are some combat videos in the report probably recorded from another device (i suspect a laptop). I guess we may never see the original clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zmLW6rsSRc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
Henry240:

African!

There is love in sharing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
upko1:
A certified troll just entered this thread......IGNORE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2016
lol second video posted in one day that shoots a hole in recent criticisms of SANDF exercises...

I dont often miss augubugugugug, but when its a chance to rub his nose in poo, I miss him dearly grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
patches689:
lol second video posted in one day that shoots a hole in recent criticisms of SANDF exercises...

I dont often miss augubugugugug, but when its a chance to rub his nose in poo, I miss him dearly grin grin grin

I knew that video was very SANDF in formation, the formation of the APCs and their pace was strictly Bush War grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2016
tdayof:
Innoson for the military.

and somebody went to buy the Honkers. those behind that procurement should be probed. are they trying to kill our local industries by buying foreign made products when there are capable locally made one's. that was a very unpatriotic decision. for every foreign product we order, a good number of foreign workers get job placements while our own graduate grapple with unemployment and poverty. IMO probe the fat bastards that bought the honkers.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 4:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
tdayof:
Innoson for the military.

if dis is really from IVM den I say kudos to Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
Fynline:
From Innonson
but dat place don't look like d SE.

above all I hope dey will patronize him .
today of pls hw did u com across d pix
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2016
patches689:

In fact, it's reminds me of the 32 Battalion. The Revas being the Bufells, the T72 being the Ratels or Eland 90s ... I guess SADF / SANDF doctrine runs supreme grin

As for augubugugugug, he's still active in the Defence Web commentary section. I saw him displaying his "vast knowledge" on everything just last week.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:40pm On Nov 03, 2016
diehardanusfan:

Troll alert!!
@Wingback obviously you are an American or fascinated with American Military hardware.This is strictly an African Military thread can you please not post pictures or better yet go to an American Military Blog..
Thank you in advance .

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
patches689:

Let me drop this comment and clear this up. I fully participated in the criticism of SANDF exercises and still do. Our problem was the over-emphasis of that SANDF style training, not that the training is bad.

Our argument was, when we look at the conflicts in the region, North, West, East and South (Apart from DRC and Mozambique), the fightings were mainly in built up areas, and the sort of training offered at AMANI AFRICA II should reflect this.

It is only now that the enemy(s) has been pushed out of the towns and villages can those AMANI type training be deployed. The times BHT attacked Maiduguri, you don't expect the Nigerian military to respond with Cold War type tactics, now do you?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
giles14:
if dis is really from IVM den I say kudos to Nigeria.

It says IVM right there in front of the vehicle
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
Henry240:

I disagree with a partnership. The only way to spur growth is for both companies to go head to head. A partnership this early would kill competition.

For the innoson vehicles, I see potential in the logistics, base defence and recon role. That is until they can provide more types.

Proforce vehicles can also fulfil the aforementioned roles and provide more. Good competition would allow us see better products from each company.

You make a good argument when you put it that way, I guess competition is key
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
Algerian T72 tank there is many version and different upgrades in service T-72 M/M1/B/BK/AG/S

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
COAS probably during one of his trips to the frontline

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.