Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,265 members, 7,853,312 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:16 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6019657 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
Henry240:

Let me drop this comment and clear this up. I fully participated in the criticism of SANDF exercises and still do. Our problem was the over-emphasis of that SANDF style training, not that the training is bad.

Our argument was, when we look at the conflicts in the region, North, West, East and South (Apart from DRC and Mozambique), the fightings were mainly in built up areas, and the sort of training offered at AMANI AFRICA II should reflect this.

It is only now that the enemy(s) has been pushed out of the towns and villages can those AMANI type training be deployed. The times BHT attacked Maiduguri, you don't expect the Nigerian military to respond with Cold War type tactics, now do you?

If I'm correct, AMANI was meant for going after the enemy in it's hiding place(obviously not in urban areas) just like the FIB intervention in DRC.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2016
SANDF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
Senegalese Marine commandos

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
Nigerian navy NNS Unity commander exchanging gifts in Angola

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
Henry240:

Wow!! The progress we are making is laudable almost unbelievable even. I'm immensely proud. There are now two good companies to compete against each other.

cheesy cheesy

more will follow....the more happy your civilians are,the more they try to thrive...

we have to look that atleast 95% of nigerians are happy with their families then aircraft-carriers would be no problem to be built in nigeria...

we are smart......and have the resources in abundans......but we dont gbadun life....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian navy putting in work
Pic 1 seems to be SBS trainees at the range
Pic 2 couple NN ships on patrol, probably Gulf of Guinea

grin grin grin grin grin..our warriors and selfies is like 5 and 6...... grin grin grin grin

but,i like it... grin...it gives the rest of us confidence....

just dont selfie state-secrets......!....... grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
patches689:
lol second video posted in one day that shoots a hole in recent criticisms of SANDF exercises...

I dont often miss augubugugugug, but when its a chance to rub his nose in poo, I miss him dearly grin grin grin

but fact still remains,you guys never had real life battles since apartheid....

war,can not be calculated...it is something of experience...

killing someone else is not picknic....

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
Henry240:

Let me drop this comment and clear this up. I fully participated in the criticism of SANDF exercises and still do. Our problem was the over-emphasis of that SANDF style training, not that the training is bad.

Our argument was, when we look at the conflicts in the region, North, West, East and South (Apart from DRC and Mozambique), the fightings were mainly in built up areas, and the sort of training offered at AMANI AFRICA II should reflect this

It is only now that the enemy(s) has been pushed out of the towns and villages can those AMANI type training be deployed. The times BHT attacked Maiduguri, you don't expect the Nigerian military to respond with Cold War type tactics, now do you?
First let me commend our S'African brothers for the successful Operation Amani event which saw the deployment of Brigade size regiments with Logistic in tow.This is the problem were this to use a metaphor to be a Football game they would be considered set pieces I.e. free kicks, Corner Kicks and Penalty Shootouts.
Let me explain the worst of the Boko Haram took place in the built up areas of the North East, ditto what is happening in Syria and now Mosul.
Until BH was kicked to no-man's-land between Nigeria )Chad and Niger this the most likely scenario South Africa is more likely to face, where Battle fields will range over hundreds of kilometers /Miles stretching your Logistics thin and putting a strain on your Air and land logistics.
Set pieces will never work in Goma (Congo). Neither will it work in Mali, I chose these two places to overexaggerate the effect of the vastness between cities.
A particular operation that should of taken place would of realistically be rescuing a company( 300 men) surrounded by hostiles in a chaotic environment where things do not exactly go right.Then you will find out whether it is the system or the Core Leadership that gets it right.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2016
LTGEN:

First let me commend our S'African brothers for the successful Operation Amani event which saw the deployment of Brigade size regiments with Logistic in tow.This is the problem were this to use a metaphor to be a Football game they would be considered set pieces I.e. free kicks, Corner Kicks and Penalty Shootouts.
Let me explain the worst of the Boko Haram took place in the built up areas of the North East, ditto what is happening in Syria and now Mosul.
Until BH was kicked to no-man's-land between Nigeria )Chad and Niger this the most likely scenario South Africa is more likely to face, where Battle fields will range over hundreds of kilometers /Miles stretching your Logistics thin and putting a strain on your Air and land logistics.
Set pieces will never work in Goma (Congo). Neither will it work in Mali, I chose these two places to overexaggerate the effect of the vastness between cities.
A particular operation that should of taken place would of realistically be rescuing a company( 300 men) surrounded by hostiles in a chaotic environment where things do not exactly go right.Then you will find out whether it is the system or the Core Leadership that gets it right.

i am of the opinion,you guys should be practizing defensive strategies...

which serious enemies does south-africa have anyways??..the nigerians??....the kenyans??...

before anybody else reach your side,they need to first past the rest of africa...soooo....whats the point wasting money on offensive??...

you dont have the money anyways.....stop lying to ya selfs.......
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:41pm On Nov 03, 2016
Henry240:

Our argument was, when we look at the conflicts in the region, North, West, East and South (Apart from DRC and Mozambique), the fightings were mainly in built up areas, and the sort of training offered at AMANI AFRICA II should reflect this.

Mmmh, SANDF style of training draws lessons from built-up areas - Angolan towns..... When the SADF mechanized (Task Force Zulu) first engaged Angolan liberation fighters it was mostly in towns and they would be driven out quickly. 4 towns were taken in a week including the big territory in between.

However on the video I see plenty of fighting in open areas which makes the "urban environment" debate invalid.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
@Gottfried

SAT-COM doing the field test with the Marines wink

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2016
thedarksider:

Let's not try to dramatise things...

Your current war is not a serious war, Nigerian Armed Forces have more to utilise to crush Boko Haram without even feeling it.... The only time you should start talking about war not being a picnic is when you're facing an enemy deploying conventional war systems like interstate wars. Until then, this one is just a picnic.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Let's not try to dramatise things...

Your current war is not a serious war, Nigerian Armed Forces have more to utilise to crush Boko Haram without even feeling it.... The only time you should start talking about war not being a picnic is when you're facing an enemy deploying conventional war systems like interstate wars. Until then, this one is just a picnic.

do you think i understood it??....short before elections the army started winning against gangster-group...??

does this make sense to you?? bunch of criminals with ak47ns and modified toyota pick-up trucks claiming caliphat......

our black-leaders are useless and wicked.... angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2016
loook..the fact remains,we have to be ready to defend ourselfs as a black-skin-collective......

see it as you like...wheather south-africa or kenya is stronger than nigeria,,,,i dont care!!!!....

i dont just want to end up like this again................................ angry.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
AAD 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
giles14:
but dat place don't look like d SE.

above all I hope dey will patronize him .
today of pls hw did u com across d pix

It was a delivery to the military.
I'll say product introduction.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:19am On Nov 04, 2016
Fynline:
From Innonson
undecided I will personally hawk the honkers back to Poland!!!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:52am On Nov 04, 2016
#planning

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:27am On Nov 04, 2016
overhypedsteve:
and somebody went to buy the Honkers. those behind that procurement should be probed. are they trying to kill our local industries by buying foreign made products when there are capable locally made one's. that was a very unpatriotic decision. for every foreign product we order, a good number of foreign workers get job placements while our own graduate grapple with unemployment and poverty. IMO probe the fat bastards that bought the honkers.

Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 04, 2016
overhypedsteve:
and somebody went to buy the Honkers. those behind that procurement should be probed. are they trying to kill our local industries by buying foreign made products when there are capable locally made one's. that was a very unpatriotic decision. for every foreign product we order, a good number of foreign workers get job placements while our own graduate grapple with unemployment and poverty. IMO probe the fat bastards that bought the honkers.

i think its this minister of defence chap Mansur Dan Ali.
look at him at the commissioning.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 04, 2016
Odunayaw:
#planning
Is this some kind of maritime surveillance thing ?
Regional Maritime Awareness Capability Centre (RMAC) ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:47am On Nov 04, 2016
Henry240:

This nonsense again? Firstly, Amani Africa was not a SANDF Exercise;
Secondly, you and other imbeciles had only a media day display to go by;
Thirdly, I know how many scenarios were exercised that whole month, do you?;
Fourthly, does Henry, Augububug and that video-game playing 12-year old Kenyan idi0t collectively possess knowledge which surpasses all those continental officers who designed the exercise?

Seeing that the answer to all these questions is no, the only explanation is your animus towards SA. Were I a shrink, I'd advise addressing the underlying feeling of inadequacy.

So, dear Henry, un-clench those butt cheeks and avail yourself to some much-needed relief.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 04, 2016
lionel4power:

wont all those monitors hanging on the hull fall of if the ship gets hit by a missile attack or shell attack due to spalling effect??

The Casamance rebels, only known armed threat to Senegal, do not possess any sea-going vessels which could threaten Senegal's OPVs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:04am On Nov 04, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

Is this some kind of maritime surveillance thing ?
Regional Maritime Awareness Capability Centre (RMAC) ?
yes..some systems at base
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:06am On Nov 04, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

i think its this minister of defence chap Mansur Dan Ali.
look at him at the commissioning.
na commandant(man besyd Bros Ali) order am
Dem suppose press him bele! undecided

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 04, 2016
LTGEN:

Exercise Amani was a brigade exercise to test out various concepts, from command and control across multi-national structures to company manoeuvre at all levels. No need to congratulate us: we only provided the "battlefield" and equipment. Planning was conducted at AU level - specifically the Peace and Security arm.

You might want to check out a map of Eastern Congo and the disposition of M23.

Out of the 13 scenarios over a month, how many can you factually elaborate?

There's a lot wrong with the AU's conceptualisation of the ASF, none of it picked up by the internet warriors here.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:43am On Nov 04, 2016
NNS Unity Has Finally Sailed Into The Gulf of Guinea.She Entered Nigerian Territorial Waters Today & Will Anchor In Lagos Tomorrow 4-11-2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:26am On Nov 04, 2016
Henry240:

Except the majority of combat in the NE has been in rural or semi rural areas

While the only reason they got to urban areas was the initial inability to provide area security in the peripheral domain.

SANDF formations are hardly cold war, in fact, they are the antithesis of conventional formations, the Brigade Combat Team (B.C.T) is something the Americans adopted in the post cold war era specially to deal with expeditionary warfare against dispersed enemy formation's. SANDF has always been more BCT than Air-Land-Battle

The Marines did a study on it because they are so different

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:27am On Nov 04, 2016
thedarksider:

Except for the invasions of Lesotho, combat in Bangui and DRC

Training will always supercede combat otherwise the M23 would have thrashed the FIB as the M23 have been fighting since 1994
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:29am On Nov 04, 2016
LTGEN:

SANDF doctrine is based entirely around fighting a dispersed enemy over vast distances - hence wheeled vehicles, organic fire support and admired supply vehicles

Aka: the entire war in Angola
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:33am On Nov 04, 2016
Who watched this? Famuyiwa claimed NAF pulled the NA down twice to win while some people claimed NA won.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 04, 2016
Hammock of a CP4

(1) (2) (3) ... (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.