Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:32 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6020526 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ethiopia MI-24/35 Hind deployed last year in somalia,baidoa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13ihS81nNro
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
africaken254:
Ethiopia MI-24/35 Hind deployed last year in somalia,baidoa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13ihS81nNro

The mi24 is very is a unique and great piece of military hardware, can carry troops and fight too

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
where are this pan-african countries which are willing to help fellow african countries,AMISOM needs 9,000 addition troops before they can leave somalia

Amisom needs 9,000 more soldiers ahead of exit plans

At least 9,000 additional soldiers are needed to facilitate the peace process in Somalia. The African Union Mission in Somalia (Amisom) however warned countries against using the troops they are contributing as a bargaining tool for power. "States should not use Amisom troops to place demands," said Fransisco Madeira, the Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission for Somalia (SRCC). "These soldiers give so much, including their lives. It is better to find other avenues through which to make demands," he added. This came barely a week after Kenya began withdrawing close to 1,000 Kenya Defence Forces soldiers from the troubled South Sudan following a diplomatic tiff with the UN. President Uhuru Kenyatta ordered the withdrawal of Kenyan troops from the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) after its Kenyan commander, Lt Johnson Ondieki, was sacked for allegedly failing to protect civilians when the war broke out in the world's youngest nation.
Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000223840/amisom-needs-9-000-more-soldiers-ahead-of-exit-plans
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 18, 2016
sudan

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
Henry240:

Perhaps if you take out time to read, the agreements France had with thier colonies pre-independence, you won't be asking this question.

While you're at it, read up on their currency and the post-independence relationship.

British and French colonial governments do not run the same way.

You lot should take out time to read up on things you're ignorant about before making bold claims on the internet.

Thanks.
Uhm you're missing the point I'm making bro!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
africaken254:
fighting ,tracking and killing cut throat jihadist not rebels
Was kinda a rhetorical question!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 18, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 18, 2016
recent elected tanzania president wearing military uniform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrRyo8exHb8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2016
Photos of an Eland armored car, made in RSA. Known for chewing up Angolan T-55s and as demonstrated during the bush war, more than a match for older tanks in capable hands.

Also used by Uganda, Cote d'Ivoire, Malawi, Benin, Zimbabwe, and others.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
DAY 2: OPERATIONS SEMINAR 2016

Participants at the just concluded 2016 Operations Seminar have identified accurate and timely intelligence as key to winning the insurgency fight. This resolution underscores the significance of NAF intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) activities in the North East. It also brings to fore the need to enhance current capacity to undertake this crucial airpower role in order to effectively combat both current and future internal security challenges. To effectively neutralize the threat of insurgency, the NAF needs to acquire modern platforms to undertake offensive and combat support air operations. It is also important to maintain the current tempo of training, with greater attention given to the training of Special Forces personnel and Forward Air Controllers.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
Under the current leadership of the Nigerian Air Force, we have continued to see and hear the right things, all the more important is, the service now is responsible for it's information sharing, instead of relying on largely ignorant mainstream reporters.

Kudos to the Nigerian Air Force.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
@Henry240 this spambot has gone rogue hahahahahahah enjoy the ban!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 19, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 12:11am On Nov 19, 2016
africaken254:
Ghana are cowards ,AU told you to deploy your troops to somalia. you delayed your deployment (which never happened)until uganda opted to deploy its troop.so stop lecturing me about pan-africanism. if those cowards you call your army could have deployed in somalia like sierra leoneans troops then we could have a discourse on the matter

Our police are there as we speak and what was Nigeria doing at the time plus did u see any country from other African country outside of West Africa leading ECOWAS troops. Ghana is not coward for sure, we think strategically. Stop this hate speeches I am not lecturing u on Pan-Africanism just pointing out simple interest of a nation, France is doing well when it comes to their interest.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 12:17am On Nov 19, 2016
our police are doing a good job in Somalia plus the military advisers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 12:36am On Nov 19, 2016
Third pic Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:03am On Nov 19, 2016
Obostone:
Third pic Navy

I can see two Nigerian police in the last picture. Good work to everyone deployed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 1:10am On Nov 19, 2016
Hi first excuse me for my English. I made all my school life in French. I follow this forum from time to time because I am interested in everything that affects my country, security defense etc.
I intervene today because of the discussion that you had in connection with the French bases in Africa,
First of all I do not understand how somebody can take this lightly
Yes there is a pact between certain African countries and france so that they can have bases and survive because france is nothing without African countries it is a poor country in reality but with a very intelligent population
The pact was signed by leaders chosed by france most being dictator like Felix Houphoet Boigny of Cote d'Ivoire, that of Cameroon that we know well, Bongos of Gabon etc and you just have a google (FRANCE- AFRICA) to understand a little how they were able to put it in place

In summary after the Second World War even if france comes out victorious hey actually lost militarily. Their economy is at the bottom the only solution is to have cheap OIL!
Since the British and the Americans have already taken the Middle East there remains only Africa, this is the start of what they call (france-afrique)
This strategy was simple to control at least one oil producing country, and the first targeted is Algeria, France has directly started a war to control the Algerian oil which has of course failed. We understand then why Algeria arms in this way they dont trust them.
The second, although far from france, was already the biggest producer in africa, Nigeria, with the aid of their base and the politicians that they put in power without any vote they formed the war of Biafra with also the aid of the " South africa but south africa of aparteid. 2,000,000 deaths because of oil France armed the rebel group of Biafra with the help of all these bases to start with that of the cotedivoire (houphoete boigny) then with that of Gabon with Ali Bongo
This war is also due to an ethnic issues yes , BUT it was never going to take on such a large scale without the intervention of France which saw an interest. ( 2 000 000 deaths )
At this time I am sorry but the French bases in Africa are a threat to Nigeria, the war is still for profit and Nigeria is the richest country in Africa so thats make Nigeria a big cak everybody want ( usa is welling to be eat poo if we give them a opportinity to have a base in Nigeria ) and there is no security having a foreign base in your country look at Turkie today pitty ... Iraq of Sadam foll also because of bases all around her ... Syria Libya etc etc
The Nigerian politicians are mad, to think that to lead a country it is to take care only of the problem of today
France is no longer considered a direct enemy ok I can understand that, but trust in France after 2,000,000 death, a division between the same people (because Igbo Haussa Fulani Yoruba all these are just actually Languages ​​belonging to the same African group 100%) that we can fell up to today. With all this taking France to the slight it is to be a crazy country.
The economy of Nigeria cant become important if it is not exported all over the continent, impossible to do business in Africa where France is already position go ask Dangote he know what I'm talking about - for more info google Bolore etc etc
And france does not hesitate to intervene and form a coup d'etat when its interest are threatened. Just an example in Ivory Coast with Laurent Gbagbo and Allasane Dramane Ouattara (the French doll) or even Libya. The French do not like Nigeria you just have to watch France24 and you will understand
for me it is finished I become addicted easily so more intervention on my part on this forum. But it's good to know that Africans are beginning to ask the right questions. France is not in any case a friend of Nigeria nor of Africa and plus with their currency FCFA african contry are contolled againe if you are familliar with economics just google it too YOU WILL ANDERSTAND WHY AFRICAN COUNTRIES EX FRENSH COLONIES ARE POOR
some links to anderstand what I said with englishfrance speaking lol :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7afrique
https://www.dandc.eu/en/article/its-time-unpeg-cfa-franc-euro-argues-senegales-journalist
THIS ONE IS VERY GOOD http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/589221.stm
AND THE BEST ONE https://www.naij.com/551128-french-economist-sends-warning-letter-to-buhari.html

THATS WHY I WAS AGAINS TCHAD AND CAMEROUN INTERVENTION KNOW FRANCE KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT NIGERIA IT IS SCARY YES BUT IT IS THE TRUTH I LOVE OUR JF 17 it is a good choiBUT IT S NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH FRANCE IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT ONE DAY NIGERIA WILL BE FACE TO FACE WITH FRANCE AND THAT DAY I HOPE FRANCE WILL BE IRAQ AND WE WILL BE USA LOOOL
AGAIN SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH I WILL FIX IT PROMISE

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 4:12am On Nov 19, 2016
Thanks for the explanation. So how does African militaries prepare for a possible confrontation with France and more importantly their colonial stooges (ie. local traitors, rebel groups supported by big bro France, so called freedom rebels). The question is open to anyone. Post African Security pics and videos with this in mind, as our economy grows sooner or latter we will be eye to eye with France, the glasses will be off so how will the highly possible undesirable war go.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 5:02am On Nov 19, 2016
Last pic-Joint ECOWAS exercise

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 5:15am On Nov 19, 2016
GH

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:48am On Nov 19, 2016
africaken254:
i recently watched a south africa documentary ,in which one of those recent enrich black south africans(a business lady).who was in the diamond business(which she had recently started),was talking about going to central africa republic to bring more diamonds and here your trying to convince me,it was just a training mission !?

Correlation =/= causation

The stated mission was:

A. Provide close protection for Bozize until locals could be trained to take over the role
B. Provide training/limited equipment for select units from the CAR military

This was later extended to:
C. Provide close protection for SANDF troops and equipment involved in missions A & B above

Anything else is just spectulation

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 19, 2016
Obostone:

Our police are there as we speak and what was Nigeria doing at the time plus did u see any country from other African country outside of West Africa leading ECOWAS troops. Ghana is not coward for sure, we think strategically. Stop this hate speeches I am not lecturing u on Pan-Africanism just pointing out simple interest of a nation, France is doing well when it comes to their interest.
you need to inform yourself more,no other country except west african countries were in sierra leone ! ,it not being strategic(its being chicken).we all know AMISOM police are just living a cosy life in Mogadishu,while real men work.when france has done all the work in mali,then your come along claiming the trophy.so you can tell your grand kids you went to mali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_vvgllf8dE

Insurgents in Sierra Leone Kill 7 in U.N. Peacekeeping Force

United Nations attempt to take charge of security in the West African country of Sierra Leone has exploded in violence, with rebels killing seven peacekeepers, all Kenyans, and taking hostage at least 49 other peacekeepers and civilians, officials said yesterday.

Rebels of the Revolutionary United Front, who made a grisly name for themselves by chopping limbs off thousands of civilians during an eight-year civil war that ended last year, detained members of the United Nations mission after a series of confrontations in central and north-eastern parts of the country on Monday and Tuesday.

The violence, the worst for United Nations peacekeepers since 10 Belgians were killed in Rwanda in 1994, is by far the most serious breakdown of a chronically troubled peace agreement brokered last year by the United Nations between the government of Sierra Leone and the rebels.

The rebels' leader, Foday Sankoh, who became a government minister after the peace deal, has consistently refused to honor his promises to pacify his forces and allow United Nations peacekeepers to move freely in rebel territory.

Human rights groups have said that Mr. Sankoh does not want peacekeepers in rebel-controlled parts of eastern Sierra Leone because he fears they will interfere with a lucrative diamond smuggling operation he controls there. Diamond smuggling supported the rebels in their civil war and has reportedly made Mr. Sankoh very wealthy.

Peacekeeping troops responded to the rebel attack by surrounding Mr. Sankoh's house in the capital, Freetown, yesterday. A United States official in Freetown said by telephone that he had received a statement from Mr. Sankoh saying that if hostages were being held by the Revolutionary United Front they should be freed. Mr. Sankoh also called for talks and free movement about the country for United Nations forces.

A United Nations spokesman in New York said that the rebel leader's house was surrounded because "the U.N. wants to make sure it can remain in contact with Mr. Sankoh at this time of crisis."

"He hasn't formally been arrested for anything," said the spokesman, Farhan Haq. "However it would be dishonest to say he can just pack up and leave."

The United Nations Security Council demanded the release of the captured troops and said Mr. Sankoh should order his followers to stop the attacks.

The Clinton administration is "looking into the availability" of using C-140 cargo aircraft to fly Jordanian, Bangladeshi and Indian troops into Sierra Leone, a senior State Department official said. The officials said, however, that these troops were not yet ready to go.

In a statement in New York, the United Nations Secretary General, Kofi Annan, called the attacks "outrageous and criminal" and a "flagrant violation" of the July peace accord.

In Washington, an administration official said yesterday that the United States was looking at ways to see if Mr. Sankoh could be charged with war crimes. The peace deal Mr. Sankoh negotiated last year exempted him and his forces from prosecution for possible war crimes committed during the civil war. But the State Department has said it has credible information that atrocities have been committed by Mr. Sankoh's forces since the agreement was signed.
http://partners.nytimes.com/library/world/africa/050400sierra-leone.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 19, 2016
patches689:

Correlation =/= causation

The stated mission was:

A. Provide close protection for Bozize until locals could be trained to take over the role
B. Provide training/limited equipment for select units from the CAR military

This was later extended to:
C. Provide close protection for SANDF troops and equipment involved in missions A & B above

Anything else is just spectulation

You guys have immense fortitude trying to reason with someone having a periodic meltdown.

#AugustineLives!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 19, 2016
Obostone:

Why dont you send your Ghanaian armed force advisers to advice us in the battle field,where they are nowhere to be seen!must be living a cosy and relaxing lifestyle in mogandishu,training somalia troops in mogadishu ,aljazeera training camp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6aqrevWDeU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 19, 2016
frumentius:

You guys have immense fortitude trying to reason with someone having a periodic meltdown.

#AugustineLives!
when are you going to share photos of SANDF,relaxing and having a good time in DRC .While waiting for a pay check

Uganda soldiers in somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 19, 2016
Obostone:
is this one of your Caucasian Ghanaian military advisers !?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 19, 2016
Looking for Alshabaab hiding in the flooded swamps of Johwah in North West Mogadishu. UPDF of all seasons come rain or shine

(1) (2) (3) ... (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.