Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,311 members, 7,853,448 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:52 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (771) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6019837 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:03am On Nov 19, 2016
Tinfoil:

The mi24 is very is a unique and great piece of military hardware, can carry troops and fight too

It can't fight well, it can't carry enough troops.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 7:20am On Nov 19, 2016
africaken254:
is this one of your Caucasian Ghanaian military advisers !?

Let be civil please. How many Caucasian have u seen in the Ghanaian military. I will look around for a pic I saw last time to shut u up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 19, 2016
According to Ambassador Michael Battle in the leaked State Department cables, this was Museveni's reaction when told the Kenyan military was planning to invade Somalia and tackle Al-Shabaab.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 19, 2016
frumentius:
According to Ambassador Michael Battle in the leaked State Department cables, this was Museveni's reaction when told the Kenyan military was planning to invade Somalia and tackle Al-Shabaab.
at least we are there,fighting and even losses haven't made us run away like cowards like you.Did you think CAR was Lesotho !?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cCJUPtnc34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap_P7aONDmU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 19, 2016
Obostone:

Let be civil please. How many Caucasian have u seen in the Ghanaian military. I will look around for a pic I saw last time to shut u up.
i was mocking you!,which adviser do you have and to advice who!are you trying to tell us ,your advising real soldiers !?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:25am On Nov 19, 2016
Sorry for going OT,everyone! I had to post this but have too much respect for this thread. LOOK AT THE AMERICAN ARMY! DUNIA IMEANGUKA! THE SKY HAS FALLEN.
https://www.nairaland.com/3473547/american-army-forced-cross-dress

Seriously,there are satanic agendas in this world,we must recognise.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 19, 2016
frumentius:

And his impression of what they'd do once the paw-paw hit the fan!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2016
frumentius:

And his impression of what they'd do once the paw-paw hit the fan!
at least they dont need a HIV test kit and ARV's

South Africa general 'used troops to break men out of prison'

A South African military general has been accused of facilitating an illegal prison break from a local police station using two armoured personnel carriers and at least 120 soldiers.
The general is alleged have flown into a drunken rage when he learnt that a group of his men had been arrested outside their base in the South African town of Oudtshoorn.
The arrested soldiers - alleged to include at least one senior officer - had been found by police at an illegal drinking den, where they were celebrating a change of command at the training base.
According to an official complaint filed by South Africa's military union, the general - whom it did not name - mobilised his troops when he heard of his men's fate.
"A certain Army general who, whilst allegedly intoxicated, unlawfully mobilised armed soldiers and armoured infantry fighting vehicles in order to free a senior ranking officer and several other soldiers", the statement read.
read more http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/10849812/South-Africa-general-used-troops-to-break-men-out-of-prison.html

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 8:50am On Nov 19, 2016
africaken254:

Why dont you send your Ghanaian armed force advisers to advice us in the battle field,where they are nowhere to be seen!must be living a cosy and relaxing lifestyle in mogandishu,training somalia troops in mogadishu ,aljazeera training camp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6aqrevWDeU
Dude,does your brain experience M period.
Kenya uganda,ethiopia and the UN troops,couldn't Help somalia,and you expect another country miles away, to go fight in somalia??.

Kenya wanting to form boss,with Uganda,went to somalia,4 yrs on,kenya wants to pull out,Hehehehehehe,very funny,tells much about the mental state of some african leaders.(how do you expect to be at peace when you neighbours ain't at peace??).
I havn't seen a kenya police in Mali,why are you guys not there.? ? ? ? ? ?

A west african country with negligable foreign assistance,fought two brutal wars to restore peace to 'two' west african nations,losing many soldiers and equipment.She never asked for financial assistance to prosecute the war.
But kenya has been complaining of lack of funds to fight in somalia,since she entered the war.isn't that crazy.??

Direct your insults at Rwanda,djibouti and tanzania,who refused to fight in somalia,and commend the ugandans who are the real heros in the war.

i'm in no way supporting countries who see no reason to help another.it's outright selfishness.
Same reason we African are where we are now.we feel at ease when we have no challenges.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2016
Cuban soldiers photographed with an Olifant captured practically intact, and with almost all its munitions, abandoned hurry by its demoralized South African crew. Photo taken in the position of the Cuban Headquarters in Cuito Cuanavale, where this Olifant was brought by its own march

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 19, 2016
10 internets for the caption that best captures what Museveni must be thinking.

My contribution: ":With neighbours like these..."

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 19, 2016
pacretus:
Dude,does your brain experience M period.
Kenya uganda,ethiopia and the UN troops,couldn't Help somalia,and you expect another country miles away, to go fight in somalia??.

Kenya wanting to form boss,with Uganda,went to somalia,4 yrs on,kenya wants to pull out,Hehehehehehe,very funny,tells much about the mental state of some african leaders.(how do you expect to be at peace when you neighbours ain't at peace??).
I havn't seen a kenya police in Mali,why are you guys not there.? ? ? ? ? ?

A west african country with negligable foreign assistance,fought two brutal wars to restore peace to 'two' west african nations,losing many soldiers and equipment.She never asked for financial assistance to prosecute the war.
But kenya has been complaining of lack of funds to fight in somalia,since she entered the war.isn't that crazy.??

Direct your insults at Rwanda,djibouti and tanzania,who refused to fight in somalia,and commend the ugandans who are the real heros in the war.

i'm in no way supporting countries who see no reason to help another.it's outright selfishness.
Same reason we African are where we are now.we feel at ease when we have no challenges.
argue like a gentleman.i clearly post we bleed for west african. the reason you were supposed to intervene was neighbours it was argue couldn't interfere in neighboring conflicts .which was later revoked ,why was the UN involved in both sierra leone and liberia .if you were doing a good job!? if seems you dont read,watch current event going on in africa.all those countries you named are either in somalia,CAR and DRC ,While in mali only the french,Germans,dutch are the one fighting and dying for mali.are trying to tell us Uganda aren't complaining about fund,stop being ignorant .(let me educate you)you were supposed to deploy your troops pre 2007
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 19, 2016
frumentius:
10 internets for the caption that best captures what Museveni must be thinking.

My contribution: ":With neighbours like these..."
is white genocide in south africa a myth or a fact !?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:14am On Nov 19, 2016
chkil:

they have defense agreement with them and many bases and force in the region, bases in tchad (since 1986) niger, mali, djibouti sénégal gabon central africa ,burkina, ivory cost

[img]http://static.rfi.fr/620strategies_forces_militaires_francaises_afrique/images/carte2-forces-afrique-620.png[/img]
Africa is still been colonized
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 19, 2016
Somalia: Jets bomb Al Shabaab bases, 4 killed

Suspected Kenyan air force jets have carried out an airstrike on Al Shabaab training camps in lower Jubba region of southern Somalia on Thursday, reports said.

Source said the warplanes struck Laan-Goori, some 120Km away from Kismayo city, killing at least four Al Shabaab members, including Abdullah Adow, who is a middle-level militant commander.

The fighter jets bombed two operational and training bases in the area, according the sources.

There was no immediate confirmation from Al shabaab about the latest airstrike in Somalia. KDF jets have been carrying such air raids over the past few years as part of the war on Al Shabaab.
link http://www.shabellenews.com/2016/11/fighter-jets-bomb-al-shabaab-bases-in-somalia-4-killed/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2016
A Cuban soldier examines this Olifant. This Tank fell in one of the mine fields of Cuito Cuanavale, in the South African offensive against this locality March 23, 1988. The rollers can be seen (Photo from "La guerra de Angola"wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2016
One is a real soldier; the other the title of that 1989 song by Martika.
10 internets and all that...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 19, 2016
Remainders of some of the South African Armored Cars Eland destroyed and captured by the Cuban troops in the south of Angola, during the offensive of 1976, that finishes with the expulsion of the SADF from the Angolan territory in March 1976. South Africa in this "Operation Savannah" admits only 49 killed. But after this humiliating defeats, the SADF begins to avoid the direct collisions with the Cuban troops (Photos from "La guerra de Angola"wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2016
Angolan soldiers with captured South African tank, Cuito Cuanavale, 1988,

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 19, 2016
A South African "Casspir" APC destroyed during a battle on May 4rth, 1988

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 19, 2016
Exercise Ushirikiano Imara 2016 Field Training Exercise successfully ends in Kwale County

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:19am On Nov 19, 2016
africaken254:
when are you going to share photos of SANDF,relaxing and having a good time in DRC .While waiting for a pay check

Uganda soldiers in somalia

Are you being serious?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:21am On Nov 19, 2016
[quote author=africaken254 post=51165109][/quote]

(Not mentioning the 96 tanks UNITA/Cuba lost during Quito)

This is just low grade trolling on the part of Africanken254 now
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:21am On Nov 19, 2016
[quote author=africaken254 post=51165109][/quote]

(Not mentioning the 96 tanks MPLA/Cuba lost during Quito)

This is just low grade trolling on the part of Africanken254 now
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:27am On Nov 19, 2016
[quote author=africaken254 post=51165854][/quote]

"South Africa begins avoiding battle with Cuba"

Resorting to posting literal propaganda now

Let's not play this game - it won't end well for you
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:34am On Nov 19, 2016
afriken100 stop derailing the thread...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:39am On Nov 19, 2016
ActivateKruger:
afriken100 stop derailing the thread...

Why is he so butt-hurt today?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 19, 2016
Aide: "Mr President, you were right."
Museveni: "Of course I was. What about?"
Aide: "The Kenyan Army, sir. 3 weeks after announcing their invasion on twitter, they're bogged down sir."
M7: "The kebabs giving them difficulties?"
Aide: "No sir."
M7: "They are inexperienced so, logistics then."
Aide: "Yes and no, sir."
M7: "Spit it out then man!"
Aide: "They're stuck in the mud, sir."

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2016
"Wait for it, once dislodged from the mud, they went after the donkeys!"

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 11:09am On Nov 19, 2016
africaken254:
argue like a gentleman.i clearly post we bleed for west african. the reason you were supposed to intervene was neighbours it was argue couldn't interfere in neighboring conflicts .which was later revoked ,why was the UN involved in both sierra leone and liberia .if you were doing a good job!? if seems you dont read,watch current event going on in africa.all those countries you named are either in somalia,CAR and DRC ,While in mali only the french,Germans,dutch are the one fighting and dying for mali.are trying to tell us Uganda aren't complaining about fund,stop being ignorant .(let me educate you)you were supposed to deploy your troops pre 2007
If you had your mothers brain,i tell you,we wouldn't be arguing.

Go through my comment again compare with the crap you typed,and tell me if you got a working brain.

The UN went there to do their 'work' in Sierraleone and liberia,which is to observe.
But were useless when it came to real action.
Which latter formed UNMiL/S when the insurgency was almost crushed and over.

Nigeria went there under ecomog,not UN.
we expended a lot of money and human resources.lost over 1000 men.
Spent over $10b,in both wars.
NGRn soldiers are still there presently.

Kenyan soldiers did nothing in SRE and LBR.
They went there to observe,and got what they wanted,a 'MEDAL in the head'for observing well.

I remember when kenya announced it was going into somalia,hahaha grin their news media took it as, a way of boosting the nations pride.

but the reality was far from that.it was about preventing the crisis from spilling over.

Now they wanna pull out.

Again you touched an area u're so ingorant of.it was west and central african(TCHAD) countries that did the fighting ,france only protected her interest,and supported with airstrikes and recons.

You really are in love with whites to always lick their butts.

Kenya fought well but kudos to the ugandans.
Please remind me, which country claims the biggest economy in East Africa? ? ?

Oga henry240 u know na.vex small

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
@africaken254 why you quoting blogs mate?? why not get some real proof of your claims!! Fact is the SADF didn't loose a single battle during the Border War!!

Do you think a few photo's of single pieces of captured equipment is impressive??

I give you Op Protea......Yes one fvcking operation:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (768) (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: jteku(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.