Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? (2377 Views)

What Has Christianity Done To Islam? / Has Christianity And Islam Failed Us? / Has Christianity Improved You As A Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
davidylan:

this is a question that is borne of complete ignorance. The answer to this question is squarely in the bible.

Rather, an answer that is borne out of complete fear/denial.

The answer to the question is not in the bible. The main christians in the bible were Jews...even Jesus said he came for the Jews. It was Paul who reached out to the gentiles in the bible- "neither Greek nor Jew in Christ".

So please, dont come here with that dismissive arrogance. You are old enough to be my father but that doesnt mean that I wont HitchSlap you angry
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

The answer to the question is not in the bible. The main christians in the bible were Jews...even Jesus said he came for the Jews. It was Paul who reached out to the gentiles in the bible- "neither Greek nor Jew in Christ".

So please, dont come here with that dismissive arrogance. You are old enough to be my father but that doesnt mean that I wont HitchSlap you angry

Again i repeat, it is in the bible... John 1:11 as one example. Not knowing is one thing, blustering ignorantly is another.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 07, 2013
davidylan:

Again i repeat, it is in the bible... John 1:11 as one example. Not knowing is one thing, blustering ignorantly is another.

John 1;10 shows your selective reading. That whole chapter is quite metaphorical.

Even if we go down your route, one could still v alidly claim that it was referring to people from Nazareth not all Jews.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

John 1;10 shows your selective reading. That whole chapter is quite metaphorical.

Even if we go down your route, one could still v alidly claim that it was referring to people from Nazareth not all Jews.

John 1:10 says He was merely IN the world. verse 11 specifically states that He came for His own alone and they chose to reject him. it seems to me that you have a penchant for empty noise making
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by noblefada: 12:42am On Aug 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

@LB I'm appalled each time u show ur ignorance and yet still arrogant about something u no nothing abt. From ur post abt Jesus, kindly explain the passage below
Mat 28:18-20]] UKJV 18: And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19: Go all of you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: (o. pneuma)
20: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 5:14am On Aug 07, 2013
davidylan:

John 1:10 says He was merely IN the world. verse 11 specifically states that He came for His own alone and they chose to reject him. it seems to me that you have a penchant for empty noise making

John 1:10 said that the world rejected him.

I understand, you selectively read the bible to make it mean what you want.

See how you tried to remiz John 1;10.

Even at that, the very first christians were Jews. Remember that
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 5:14am On Aug 07, 2013
noblefada:
@LB I'm appalled each time u show ur ignorance and yet still arrogant about something u no nothing abt. From ur post abt Jesus, kindly explain the passage below
Mat 28:18-20]] UKJV 18: And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19: Go all of you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: (o. pneuma)
20: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

What does that have to do with Jews
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by SalC: 6:39am On Aug 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

What does that have to do with Jews
I least expect this from you. Seems you forgot easily. You said Jesus came for the Jews and Paul took his gospel to the gentiles. Now noblefada quoted from the bible where Jesus instructed that the gospel be preached to the whole world contrary to what you said and you are asking him what it has to do with the Jews?

The answer to your question is "It has everything to do with both Jews and Gentiles".
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:51am On Aug 07, 2013
The average nairaland religious section atheist is obsessed with christianity.

I know Santa-claus does not exist do I wake up everyday harping my nephews and nieces about the non-existence of Santa? No!!!

Is it possible for an Atheist to have a meaningful conversation without mentioning God?
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by FearGodAndLive: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2013
GeneralShepherd: The average nairaland religious section atheist is obsessed with christianity.

I know Santa-claus does not exist do I wake up everyday harping my nephews and nieces about the non-existence of Santa? No!!!

Is it possible for an Atheist to have a meaningful conversation without mentioning God?
They deny him, yet he's placed a burden upon them.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 07, 2013
Sal C: I least expect this from you. Seems you forgot easily. You said Jesus came for the Jews and Paul took his gospel to the gentiles. Now noblefada quoted from the bible where Jesus instructed that the gospel be preached to the whole world contrary to what you said and you are asking him what it has to do with the Jews?

The answer to your question is "It has every
thing to do with both Jews and Gentiles".

lol....and who was Jesus talking to?

THE JEWS

So, in short, Jesus was giving the Jews leadership over others. The Jews were in charge of spreading the Gospel.

Like I said, Jesus came for the Jews
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 07, 2013
GeneralShepherd: The average nairaland religious section atheist is obsessed with christianity.

The people who believe in Santa Claus do not blast their devotion to him through loudspeakers which disturb neighbourhoods on Sundays, Wednesdays and Saturdays

The people who believe in Santa Claus do not force their christmas morality on their neighbours by throwing religious laws on the public

The people who believe in Santa Claus do not get donations from the Govt using taxpayers' money just because they believe in Santa and want to go on pilgrimage to the North Pole

1 Like

Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by cyrexx: 7:37am On Aug 07, 2013

When believers in Santa Claus start behaving like God believers ( hating and killing non-santaist, Santa preachers enriching themselves by collecting tithes from poor Santaists, when Santa belief is stalling your national development etc etc etc) , I am sure you will get obsessed about Santa Claus. You won't keep quiet about Santa belief of ignorant people around you .

1 Like

Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 07, 2013
Lolol. Mazaje and his brethrens have even lost touch of the argument.Smh
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 07, 2013
^^^
Butthurt wink wink
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 07, 2013
I don't think Christianity has failed among the Jews because this prophecy is yet to be fulfilled.

The Gospel will have been preached to the whole world (Matthew 24:14): "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come."
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by shdemidemi(m): 9:24am On Aug 07, 2013
Bidam: I don't think Christianity has failed among the Jews because this prophecy is yet to be fulfilled.

The Gospel will have been preached to the whole world (Matthew 24:14): "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations; and then the end will come."

I believe the whole world is aware of your kind of fake gospel of selfishness and greed. The true gospel of Christ is yet reach the entire Nigeria let alone the entire world.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 07, 2013
shdemidemi:

I believe the whole world is aware of your kind of fake gospel of selfishness and greed. The true gospel of Christ is yet reach the entire Nigeria let alone the entire world.
Put sentiments and bigotry aside,stick to the OP bro..
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by shdemidemi(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2013
Bidam: stick to the OP bro..

Ok
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 07, 2013
Logicboy03: ^^^
Butthurt wink wink
Just shift.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by SalC: 1:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol....and who was Jesus talking to?

THE JEWS

So, in short, Jesus was giving the Jews leadership over others. The Jews were in charge of spreading the Gospel.

Like I said, Jesus came for the Jews
That the gospel was first preached to the Jews doesn't mean it was for them alone. Mark 16v15 He said to them, Go throughout the whole world and preach the gospel to the whole human race.

You said Jesus was giving leadership to the Jews. Going by your stand, I don't see what is wrong in a Jew like Paul taking the gospel to the gentiles.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by wiegraf: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
More bad guys were needed to fit the narrative. Traditional jews who rejected jesus were then added as main antagonists, simples.

You need bad guys vs heros (eg martyrs). Muslims have kaffirs for instance. Without kaffirs how do they spread the hate and fear? The us vs them? When things are fine and everyone's happy less reasons to become rreligious, see the west and its gradual relegation of religion into an irrelevant nuisance

Jews can readily recognize they're being made victims because.....they are victims. Just like black and gheys.

Note how many blacks are extra quick to see racism but are the most homo.phobic tools possible. Laudable hipocrisy. We can recognize we're victims when faaced with racism because.....we're victims.

Gheys aren't victims though, they're the enemy. Hetero black can't recognize them as victims because we happen to not be ghey.

This s.hit happens all the time (especially with sheeple)

Jews are victims and can see it clearly. Not to mention jews have the whole 'special ones' thing, shall be persecuted, etc. Their own silly brand of brainwashing. Their general intelligence these days (at least the europeans) helps them circumvent some of the folly though
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

The people who believe in Santa Claus do not blast their devotion to him through loudspeakers which disturb neighbourhoods on Sundays, Wednesdays and Saturdays

The people who believe in Santa Claus do not force their christmas morality on their neighbours by throwing religious laws on the public

The people who believe in Santa Claus do not get donations from the Govt using taxpayers' money just because they believe in Santa and want to go on pilgrimage to the North Pole

Nigeria is a lawless country, the level of noise pollution is astronomical and not peculiar to christians, the barber next door nko? Or the guy that sells pirate Cds dat won't let me be? Bars that blast loud music now reside in residential areas,No?

If you were a lawmaker your worldview i.e Atheism will affect the kind of laws you propose, no?

The major waste in Nigeria's commonwealth has nothing to do with pilgrimage...the $16B Obj squandered under the power project, was it used to build a nuclear plant in Israel?
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
cyrexx:

When believers in Santa Claus start behaving like God believers ( hating and killing non-santaist, Santa preachers enriching themselves by collecting tithes from poor Santaists, when Santa belief is stalling your national development etc etc etc) , I am sure you will get obsessed about Santa Claus. You won't keep quiet about Santa belief of ignorant people around you .

Humans will always find what they will pervert,so as to cover for our innate desire to discriminate...

Take away religion,then we have colour,take away colour then we'll have sexual orientation,social class,level of education,language,tribe..as long as we occupy this earth their will always be discrimination,

And this popular belief that without religion the world will be a better place is based on sentiments not on hard facts and please don't start quoting Sweden for me cos then I'll reply with Vietman which is irreligious and still corrupt and poor.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by wiegraf: 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Humans will always find what they will pervert,so as to cover for our innate desire to discriminate...

Take away religion,then we have colour,take away colour then we'll have sexual orientation,social class,level of education,language,tribe..as long as we occupy this earth their will always be discrimination,

And this popular belief that without religion the world will be a better place is based on sentiments not on hard facts and please don't start quoting Sweden for me cos then I'll reply with Vietman which is irreligious and still corrupt and poor.

For starters, you recognize religion is divisive, but have no problem with adding another baseless reason to discriminate? One as harmful as religion, no less?
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Nigeria is a lawless country, the level of noise pollution is astronomical and not peculiar to christians, the barber next door nko? Or the guy that sells pirate Cds dat won't let me be? Bars that blast loud music now reside in residential areas,No?

If you were a lawmaker your worldview i.e Atheism will affect the kind of laws you propose, no?

The major waste in Nigeria's commonwealth has nothing to do with pilgrimage...the $16B Obj squandered under the power project, was it used to build a nuclear plant in Israel?

The pirate cd people and barbers are in commercila areas and their noise is played from inside their shops with a maximum of 2 speakers

Your churches and mosques now are in residential areas where they blast on full. Two competing churches now even blast each other
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

The pirate cd people and barbers are in commercila areas and their noise is played from inside their shops with a maximum of 2 speakers

Your churches and mosques now are in residential areas where they blast on full. Two competing churches now even blast each other

Apparently, you are ignorant of two things
1. Separation of church and state
2. Atheism is not a worldview. It is commonsense like not believing in fairies

Lastly, your religion is toxic to the mind. You will agree that like islam, it is a great tool for making innocent people mindless sheep to the whims of religious leaders. This cant be denied
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
Sal C: That the gospel was first preached to the Jews doesn't mean it was for them alone. Mark 16v15 He said to them, Go throughout the whole world and preach the gospel to the whole human race.

You said Jesus was giving leadership to the Jews. Going by your stand, I don't see what is wrong in a Jew like Paul taking the gospel to the gentiles.

How long will it take for you to realise that Mark chapter 16 verse 8 to 20 was written and added by the church?
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
noblefada:

Jesus also said: "These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: 'Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.' (Matthew 10:5-6)"

These are the words of Jesus in the Bible. It is quite obvious that Jesus was NOT sent to Mankind and Christianity is a scam from paul and roman church for Mankind. And when Jesus told his disciples to go "to all nations" and teach them the words and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit (Mathew 28:18-20), it is so obvious that the lost sheep are not in Israel anymore or they wouldn't be regard to as lost sheep. If you study the parable of the lost sheep, you should understand that the shephard was not looking for other animals either domestic or wild but his sheep. Jesus seperate boldly a goat from sheep and sheep from dog. In the parable of the lost sheep, the shephard was out their in the wilderness to seek for a sheep but we can agree that lot of animals there in the wilderness needs help too like antelope, rabbit or other lower animal that can be killed by wolf or lion........the shephard took only the sheep. In that context, the wilderness is the all nations and the stuff on search is the sheep not goat and dog.

Matthew 15:24: He [Jesus] answered, 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. He didn't make any reference to Gentile or no Gentile here. Paul was the first corrupter of Jesus teaching. Paul, the self-proclaimed Apostle, violently opposed the original Ebionite (Essene Christianity) followers of Jesus, first by killing and imprisoning its leaders, then by infiltrating the movement and leading a schism. The schism led by Paul -- a meat-eating version of Christianity which further goes to the extent of eating animal sacrificed to the Idols-- replaced the teachings of Jesus with the teachings of Paul. As briefly described in my post , "Paulianity" evolved into the Roman Catholic Church and gave birth to all of what is considered mainstream Christianity today, Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Protestant.

The other term that the first and original Christians were called was "Ebionite". The word "Ebionite" comes from the Hebrew word "Ebon" which literally means "poor" but implies "THOSE WHO HAVE VOLUNTARILY RENOUNCED WORLDLY MATERIALISM TO ENTER THE ESSENE LIFESTYLE OF SIMPLE LIVING AND RADICAL SHARING IN COMMUNITY." Today version of christianity is a fake and diluted one where pastors own investments, private jets and mansions. In the beatitudes of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus declared "Blessed are the Ebon ("Poor"wink, for they shall inherit the Earth." He was not pronouncing a general blessing on all poor people; neither was he praising poverty. Rather, he was making specific reference to his sect, the Essene "Ebon" or "Ebionites" gathered around him atop the Mount.

CHRISTIANITY SHOULD BE CALLED PAULIANITY

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

Vietnam is better than religious naija........vietnam is still reeling from its communist past.......communism is a state religion
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
noblefada:

In the above passage, if we accept that the Gospel of Mark is the earliest of the synoptic writers and was the primary source particularly for the writer of the gospel of Matthew, we can safely assume that this passage is sourced or based on information drawn from Mark. The real problem is that the gospel of Mark has two …yes two endings ! it comes complete with a huge disclaimer, the earliest authentic versions of Mark ends at chapter 16 verse 8 and the later versions continues to verse 20, a cursory comparison between both endings leads to the conclusion that the extra verses in the later versions of Mark were added at a later date. Matthew would have written his gospel after the revisionists had gone to work, regardless, what is clear is that there is absolutely zero chance Jesus made any of those statements credited to him in Matthew 28:18-20. There are two factors at work here, pious extrapolation and pious gullibility.
Re: Why Has Christianity Failed Among The Jews? by JesusisLord85: 12:02am On Aug 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Jesus also said: "These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: 'Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.' (Matthew 10:5-6)"

These are the words of Jesus in the Bible. It is quite obvious that Jesus was NOT sent to Mankind and Christianity is a scam from paul and roman church for Mankind. And when Jesus told his disciples to go "to all nations" and teach them the words and baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit (Mathew 28:18-20), it is so obvious that the lost sheep are not in Israel anymore or they wouldn't be regard to as lost sheep. If you study the parable of the lost sheep, you should understand that the shephard was not looking for other animals either domestic or wild but his sheep. Jesus seperate boldly a goat from sheep and sheep from dog. In the parable of the lost sheep, the shephard was out their in the wilderness to seek for a sheep but we can agree that lot of animals there in the wilderness needs help too like antelope, rabbit or other lower animal that can be killed by wolf or lion........the shephard took only the sheep. In that context, the wilderness is the all nations and the stuff on search is the sheep not goat and dog.

Matthew 15:24: He [Jesus] answered, 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. He didn't make any reference to Gentile or no Gentile here. Paul was the first corrupter of Jesus teaching. Paul, the self-proclaimed Apostle, violently opposed the original Ebionite (Essene Christianity) followers of Jesus, first by killing and imprisoning its leaders, then by infiltrating the movement and leading a schism. The schism led by Paul -- a meat-eating version of Christianity which further goes to the extent of eating animal sacrificed to the Idols-- replaced the teachings of Jesus with the teachings of Paul. As briefly described in my post , "Paulianity" evolved into the Roman Catholic Church and gave birth to all of what is considered mainstream Christianity today, Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Protestant.

The other term that the first and original Christians were called was "Ebionite". The word "Ebionite" comes from the Hebrew word "Ebon" which literally means "poor" but implies "THOSE WHO HAVE VOLUNTARILY RENOUNCED WORLDLY MATERIALISM TO ENTER THE ESSENE LIFESTYLE OF SIMPLE LIVING AND RADICAL SHARING IN COMMUNITY." Today version of christianity is a fake and diluted one where pastors own investments, private jets and mansions. In the beatitudes of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus declared "Blessed are the Ebon ("Poor"wink, for they shall inherit the Earth." He was not pronouncing a general blessing on all poor people; neither was he praising poverty. Rather, he was making specific reference to his sect, the Essene "Ebon" or "Ebionites" gathered around him atop the Mount.

CHRISTIANITY SHOULD BE CALLED PAULIANITY

Yes, and we blacks are the lost sheep. Well not all of us.
But I can tell you that we Yoruba are the direct descendants of Jacob.

I am a Hebrew of {probably} the tribe of Judah smiley
Probably descending from those of Jeremiah 42&43 grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christianity And Things That Aren't Really Known / How Did You Do Your Boxing Day? / Increase The Value Of Your Home,with Luminous Inverter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.