Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

China and Russia hooking up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China and Russia hooking up (1494 Views)

China And Russia Send Sophisticated War Weapons To Nigeria / China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal / Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China and Russia hooking up by Chxta(m): 11:58am On Aug 23, 2005
It was not reported in the media, but China has signed an agreement of co-operation with the Russian army yesterday.

It states that Russia will support China if there is a confrontation with America and Vice versa for Russia.

A good thing or a bad thing you decide
Re: China and Russia hooking up by obong(m): 5:47pm On Aug 23, 2005
i read it here somewhere. maybe online. i think its a good thing. the US hegemony will coem to an end and the world will get a little flatter
Re: China and Russia hooking up by Greatpeter(m): 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2005
I think Us has what it takes to take on the two nations if there is war between them.

But honestly I don't fancy US since invasion of Iraq, the that was tagged "unpopular" by the UN.
No Un blessing and his errand boy TB followed him like "Sugomu alatarodo" grin

It takes a yoruba man to grab that.
Re: China and Russia hooking up by obong(m): 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2005
US cant take on both those nations. it cant even take on china alone, or russia alone
Re: China and Russia hooking up by Hunter(m): 7:44am On Aug 25, 2005
russia's army is now just a glimmer of what it used to be, perhaps with the help of china they can reconstuct it to it's former glory and hopefully America will relize that "they're not all powerful"

ps in a training excerise an australian commando team managed have a 15:1 ratio of "deaths" against the US cheesy Numbers aren't everything, which is important to think about when looking at China's army.
Re: China and Russia hooking up by obong(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2005
China's army isnt just numbers. Numbers are the extra. China is soon to match and surpass the US in numbers of submarines. That will give its airforce serious muscles and open it opn to better nuclear deployment
Re: China and Russia hooking up by Chxta(m): 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2005
Erm, you are wrong Obong. About China's army. I'll get back to you...
Re: China and Russia hooking up by Bibi(m): 2:56pm On Aug 25, 2005
The hookup is just on paper. China will not do anthing if US invades Russia, vice versa for Russia. The chinese have realised that power is not in military might, but economic dominance, they wont risk anything to jeopardize their booming economy.

This is jus an attempt to keep their old communist ideology alive. Its no doubt that while it failed in Russia, China may have redefined communism, making it the next superpower - economically, politically and population wise.

Russia, unable to practice full-fleged democracy is dilly-dallying between China and the West. I wont be surprise if they sign same pact with India soon.
Re: China and Russia hooking up by Chxta(m): 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2005
Erm, Bibi, the hook up isn't just on paper, trust me. These are 2 countries that are really scared of growing American hegemony in the East and will do anything to slow it down, plus, expect China to invade Taiwan within the next 10 years if they can't bring her down economically.
Re: China and Russia hooking up by Chxta(m): 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2005
Obong, check your PM. As with certain materials (such as the full list of participants at Trafalgar 200), don't ask where I got it...
Re: China and Russia hooking up by tumfulu1: 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2009
gbuuummmmmm
Re: China and Russia hooking up by Dede1(m): 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2009
China will do no such thing as invading Taiwan. It will amount to empty rascality and unfortunate suicide on the part of China to even insinuate the instances of invading Taiwan.

China is the only power with stockpile of weapons dated from the WWII and Cold War era. The alleged signed an agreement of co-operation with the Russian army is intended to give China the opportunity to upgrade its weaponry to, at least, the era of 1980s.

The Chinese frontline interceptor is still shakedown Mig23. I am not even going to mention the tanks, surface ships and submarines.

Besides, the coalition of Allies with USA can boast of numerous above average and top of the line weaponry either currently in circulation or on the drawing board.
Re: China and Russia hooking up by FACE(m): 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2009
Don't kid your self Dede 1, China, Russia and USA are all capable mutual destruction and they all know it.

China demonstrated its precision military technology when it took out a satelite from space.

During Russia and Gerogia war, USA did a lot of gra gra but knew not to cross the line. Not even when Russia seized the Humvees they used for military exercise in Georgia the month before the war.

They sent a US warship to take aid to Georgia, bragged that they were going to dock in the Black Sea port in Georgia which was under Russian control at the time, but did not do so as they were keen to avoid a direct confrontation with Russia.

They all know themselves and would never embark on direct warfare with each other, they can only fight proxi wars.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian of the Year 2005 / Will The Nigerian Polity Ever Change / Nigerian Diplomat Arrested With $2.2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.