Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? (10310 Views)

Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert / How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by EfemenaXY: 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
jidegirl12:

grin grin

Efikos: ileobatojo , Efe, TV

Spirikokos: Bukatyne

Show off& club girls: cool

Mainstream: Dami, Naijababe kiss

The perfects: one and only CC

Meanies: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Ayam going to church jare.. Zooom

shocked shocked shocked

er... see as you just dey give examples but you still need to explain what those "keywords" mean na..

grin grin
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
jidegirl12:

grin grin

Efikos: ileobatojo , Efe, TV

Spirikokos: Bukatyne

Show off& club girls: cool

Mainstream: Dami, Naijababe kiss

The perfects: one and only CC

Meanies: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Ayam going to church jare.. Zooom

Lol!

You left out the juicy part now! grin
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
chaircover:

Its usually the other breed of "men" who come along inciting strife, going on about fictitious cabals just to cause trouble while they sit back and enjoy the fracas that occurs

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
Errrrmmmm.....prefect CC ma make I bring you a glass of shandy to cool off, cool down o! You really should not pay much attention to Biola, he farts from his mouth (abi na fingers sef) sometimes grin
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
Lol on thread!

There is obviously tension here, I wonder how adults cant trash out issues if they seem to have a problem with another.

Indirect speech down tire me abeg!

TV (colored or black and white), if you have a problem with someone, call the person and trash it out! Enough of all these indirect speeches.

Biobellee the male Amibo, I wonder how you will be real life, look like the kinda guy that will tie wrapper every morning with no shirts and try to fuel fight with your I better pass my neighbor fellow tenants grin

Moving on!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by damiso(f): 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
Oh dear, which wan come consain cabal again naa for this mata I thought we were talking about how dads can go about spending more time with their kids (to me sef everyone cos as I said this thing is becoming gender neutral). shocked

Please me I no want this kain cabal o, Cabal ontop nothing wey na me sef they pay BT and EE. tongue.Naa.I want to find out how they join cabal where they share oyel money grin grin

Seriously though I dont see cabals.Some ids just have friendly banter.And all these ids disagree.Eg Me and Jidegirl get along but I disagree with some of her views on certain topics.So me I don't see where cabal is coming in.

Walahi some people take this NL thingy too seriously abeg undecided lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
chaircover:

Na only shandy you get for this hot Sunday afternoon? angry

I need to bond with something stronger abeg cheesy

A shot of cognac it is then! See as una just turn 'bond' to bad word sad
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Chillisauce: Lol on thread!

Indirect speech down tire me abeg!

That's one of my pet peeves in this place. If you have a problem with someone, come at them directly! Going around harboring bad belle for a poster only to take hypocritical opportunities to swing at them makes you look like a punk!

Yes, this thread has finally gone to the dogs!!
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by kzokul(m): 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Oh please! Stop this your holier than thou abegi!

You are even one of them but pretend to be holy. Look, I have known you long time and have even been on nairaland before you. Abegi stop pretending joorh! I know how u ladies roll. You will go about bashing men and supporting everything women do, even if she commits adultery. Abegi, stop this your pretense and roll with your cabal joorh!m
chaircover:

Thank you!!!! This was all cleared up during John Doe and Uncle Richy's days . . .only for them to bring it up again

It annoyed me then and it annoys me now. They complain that people are being chased away and intimidated by the cabal, but its not true. Chili and yellowpawpaw are relatively new posters on this section. Has anyone ganged up against them and cabalised them?.

A week doesn't go by without many of us ladies disagreeing over something, but the "MEN" who know how us ladies are dont get involved and they let us be, because they know that one minute we are tearing out our weaves and the next minute we are all lovey dovey. You wont hear someone like coogar say anything about cabal.

Its usually the other breed of "men" who come along inciting strife, going on about fictitious cabals just to cause trouble while they sit back and enjoy the fracas that occurs

There is no cabal and if you want something to amuse you while you eat your popcorn that will choke you one day, then go watch BBA angry

1 Like

Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by kzokul(m): 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Oh please! Stop this your holier than thou abegi!

You are even one of them but pretend to be holy. Look, I have known you long time and have even been on nairaland before you. Abegi stop pretending joorh! I know how u ladies roll. You will go about bashing men and supporting everything women do, even if she commits adultery. Abegi, stop this your pretense and roll with your cabal joorh!m
chaircover:

Thank you!!!! This was all cleared up during John Doe and Uncle Richy's days . . .only for them to bring it up again

It annoyed me then and it annoys me now. They complain that people are being chased away and intimidated by the cabal, but its not true. Chili and yellowpawpaw are relatively new posters on this section. Has anyone ganged up against them and cabalised them?.

A week doesn't go by without many of us ladies disagreeing over something, but the "MEN" who know how us ladies are dont get involved and they let us be, because they know that one minute we are tearing out our weaves and the next minute we are all lovey dovey. You wont hear someone like coogar say anything about cabal.

There is no cabal and if you want something to amuse you while you eat your popcorn that will choke you one day, then go watch BBA angry
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
C fire! Make una no vex naw. Prefect CC,hmmnn..........,fits very well.I endorse wholeheartedly!

Madam J, thou should cometh back and explain urslf wella after church.
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by EfemenaXY: 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
Stray cats let loose amongst the pigeons, trying desperately hard to cause confusion and mayhem.

These cats are hiding underneath the relatively secure "guest" profiles grin grin grin

I swear the word "Cabal" gets some guys climaxing here... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
Sorry to derail but may be we should just listen to this 3 minute video of Patrick Obahiagbon's definition of Cabalocracy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozxY6V-vx-0
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by EfemenaXY: 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
kzokul: Oh please! Stop this your holier than thou abegi!

So why're you hiding under a relatively new handle then?

Time registered: October 27, 2012
Time spent online: 10 days & 4 hours
View Kzokul's posts (240) | View Kzokul's topics (12)
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by bukatyne(f): 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
naijababe:

I beg to differ, true stress can cause all kindsa katakata from physical to mental and/or emotional imbalance. Perhaps women as a result of having been programmed (I use that for lack of a better word) somewhat to believe that the success/failure of a family unit is solely up to them have a higher threshold for this kinda stress than most men.

I disagree with you.

Men lacking in this area do so because there is really nothing at stake. I know women who come back home to cook for the hubby and kids waiting at home. I know women who come back late to pick kids from day care while the hubby has gone home.

If a man is really to bond, neither stress, poverty nor any other factor can stop them. I have seen a man who packed his kids in his keke and they were eating home made akara with pure joy.

Let's stop making excuses for men not living up to expectations. Thx same men stressed still has time to hang out with the boys. Does it mean that if a man has a stressful job for 20yrs, he will not bond with his kids? Remember that women also work in that high stress zone and they still function as mothers.

1 Like

Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2013
chaircover:

Seriously, I started with celebrity and romance section....I noticed the trend there, always cursing ppl even if you have good intentions. I followed the path, cursing everyone that was mean to anyone, typically not me, but I received several bans in romance, and celebrity. I became born again in cursing. Also noticed most are kids, under 17 even.

Anyway,

Read family section and contribute once a while, and all these tension I don't understand...
i bet romance section is even better since one can trash out issue with fellow poster, here...ppl just going in circles. All the metaphor and figure of speech grin.

It's well.
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
bukatyne:

I disagree with you.

Men lacking in this area do so because there is really nothing at stake. I know women who come back home to cook for the hubby and kids waiting at home. I know women who come back late to pick kids from day care while the hubby has gone home.

If a man is really to bond, neither stress, poverty nor any other factor can stop them. I have seen a man who packed his kids in his keke and they were eating home made akara with pure joy.

Let's stop making excuses for men not living up to expectations. Thx same men stressed still has time to hang out with the boys. Does it mean that if a man has a stressful job for 20yrs, he will not bond with his kids? Remember that women also work in that high stress zone and they still function as mothers.

My post said true stress not living with everyday realities as some of examples you have given above state.
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
Efemena_xy:

So why're you hiding under a relatively new handle then?

Time registered: October 27, 2012
Time spent online: 10 days & 4 hours
View Kzokul's posts (240) | View Kzokul's topics (12)

Must be masquerade season I guess
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by biolabee(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
The instances where people are mobbed?

Haba .. No need.. It's all self evident

chaircover:

Biola what do you mean by cabalism?

I want you to name the cabalites and I will show you 5 threads where the alleged cabalites you mention have different views

Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
jidegirl12: A classic lazy & Useless Man ( sorry can't find another word) will never change regardless any environment he finds himself... It isn't a crime , so whether they have help/ relative to ship workload onto is the least of his problems... they don't care.

And yes, stress plays a big role in this problem, exactly what Nashville explained bout road traffic etc

I don't think playing yoyo will interest me after 3hrs traffic fatigue... I can't even imagine how they do it.. Sad but true.

That's because their wives enable them. Because if you need to cough up $400 a week for a nanny and you don't have it, then you will have no choice but to up your game unless you have a serious enabler as a wife. Now the extreme lazy and useless ones are in a class all by themselves and are different from the ones that use the culture excuse when it suits them.

Even Nashville himself talked about how his father came home late in the evenings but they still bonded. If you're out 6am-midnight on weekdays, the weekends nko?
Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by biolabee(m): 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
Interesting post..

Are you advocating that commenters of male gender aside 'coogar and the few' on this section are jobless

chaircover:

Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by SisiKill1: 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
@TeeVee
One with no provenance! shocked shocked

Is that me?!!!

Why I never! What the....how dare. ...Bwahahahahahahahaha, can't even get through feigning offense with a straight face (I'm sorry. ..cheesy).

You sure have a way with words, I'll give you that much. cheesy cheesy

I know we haven't gotten off on the right foot but I'm hoping you can put that aside and help me out with something....I don't the whole people are jealous of me thingy, especially in the context of online interaction.

What exactly are people supposed to be jealous of...the way you space your posts? How many words you can fit in to a sentence? How fast you type...what? ! I'm sorry, I don't mean to put you on the spot but the psychology behind this type of utterance fascinates me.

How does one get jealous of someone they don't know beyond the words on the screen? Abi is there a special kinda monitor that reveals all the behind the scenes biography of the person you are interacting with?

I'm just asking oh because my thinking (which maybe totally naive) is that you gotta know who someone is, what they have or don't have...to make a sound judgment on if and why they may be jealous of you.

I use MAY because knowing who they are and what they have sef still doesn't make Jealousy an automatic conclusion.

There are just so many variables to consider, it's perplexing how an adult who has supposedly gone through all the stages of cognitive development reasons this way. So help me out here, what do you see that some of us don't?

1 Like

Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
chaircover:

you are the jobless one, banging peoples heads together and then making out like you are resolving issues.

Remember I asked you many moons ago if you were a woman but I never told you why.

Why on earth did you resurrect the word cabal if it wasnt to start another fracas

Biola o o she dada rara.

You don't know how deep a sigh of relief I'm breathing to read this from you. I'm so glad others can identify what a trouble stirrer he is. Thank you thank you!

I'm really thinking about involving Tgirl in dealing with his menace now. The people that covertly and persistently stir shi*t need to get banned too not just the 'loud and direct ones'.

1 Like

Re: How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
bukatyne:

I disagree with you.

U r very correct.
I don't normally dwell long on topics cos I get easily bored but this one,I intend makin pple know the benefits of spendin quality time with ones kids.it pays off well.I stress so much on it cos I know lots of cases.
I will go personal again. My buddy wasn't close to the dad.His dad is now a retired director general.
This guy said that one day while he was passin tru his parents door,voices were raised.
He heard his almighty dad accusin his mum (how will I put it)that she is selfish,the children only lvs her(especially my friend) and don't lv him. That is a very respected and influental man in this country cryin like a baby.
My friend said he couldn't wait to hear the mummy's reply but he was badly shaken.
Who knows what this man must hv been passin tru.
My friend has to initiate the bonding. The first time,he asked for his dads opinion over an issue,the man's high bp dropd a bit. Today,they r good paddys.
Bonding simply breeds friendship.
U and ur dad should be friends and not just father and child only.
No excuse is acceptable even if u work in d moon pls.

My hands hurt.I hate typing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What's Your Experience With Money Lending/Borrowing? / Ok / Protect Your Baby Boy From Becoming A Homosexual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.