Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Why, Men Prefer Being Solo Over A Bad Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why, Men Prefer Being Solo Over A Bad Marriage? (861 Views)

Why Do Intelligent Black Men Prefer Their Women Looking Like This?(photos) / 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. / 5 Reason Why Some Men Prefer Ashawo To Homely Babes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why, Men Prefer Being Solo Over A Bad Marriage? by Damoche10: 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2008
"Men are 10 times more scared of marrying the wrong person than of never getting married at all," why?

From survey I got, Four out of 10 bachelors did not want children compared to three out of 10 wanting to be a father. The rest were undecided.

But while 72 percent of respondents said they were not afraid of marriage, about half of them said the situation that scared them most was marrying the wrong person.

"It's so important to these men to get it right. What are we going to do to address this question? Are u afraid of getting married? Be honest to yourself. Are u?
Re: Why, Men Prefer Being Solo Over A Bad Marriage? by seeu(m): 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2008
Free world!
Re: Why, Men Prefer Being Solo Over A Bad Marriage? by sistajay(f): 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2008
Yee pee, men prefer to be solo after a bad marriage, to me men are aliens, fact.
Re: Why, Men Prefer Being Solo Over A Bad Marriage? by proo212(m): 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2008
It's not rocket science now is it?

But I suspect the survey you're quoting is a western one i.e UK/US. If a man marries the wrong person, then he's paying the price for the rest of his life (worst case scenario) but really until the child is 18. Why would I marry someone who is not right for me knowing fully I or she will ask for a divorce later on. She gets the house and half of my income and pension and I have to live a substandard life. Lai lai

@Sista Jay. Would you rather he plunges into another marriage when he's not or will never finish paying for the first one?

If one wants to nitpick the survey properly (in the west at least) half of marriages end in divorce and most of these divorces are filed by women. Why would I want to do that? I'd rather be an alien thank you very much,
Re: Why, Men Prefer Being Solo Over A Bad Marriage? by donpapa(m): 5:43pm On Jun 02, 2008
I think anyone would prefer to be solo over a bad marriage. If a marriage is bad, it's an unhappy feeling. Nobody wants to live unhappy. cool
Re: Why, Men Prefer Being Solo Over A Bad Marriage? by donpapa(m): 5:51pm On Jun 02, 2008
sista-jay:

Yee pee, men prefer to be solo after a bad marriage, to me men are aliens, fact.

Look at the wording in the question. I think anybody would prefer being single versus a bad marriage. undecided However, men often lose big time in divorces. Although there are some women that get screwed, the courts systematically cut men to pieces. Take a good look at what's happening in society. Feminists and scientists are now asking the question "Are Men Necessary?" They are actually trying to create sperm and play God.
Re: Why, Men Prefer Being Solo Over A Bad Marriage? by Damoche10: 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2008
hmmmmmmmm,this is getting interesting.
Re: Why, Men Prefer Being Solo Over A Bad Marriage? by Damoche10: 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2008
Tchinasa,

Your view is making a lot of sence here. Marriage isn't a do or die affair. It is either of the party who out of foolishness and selfishness makes the home a boring place or hell to live in. One party ends up sacrificing while the other party is suppose to make it better out of what is on ground or what has been laid down.

But this today ends up not working like that anymore. I wonder why this is so. Your view is noted.

(1) (Reply)

Is Virginiy Dignity Or Lack Of Opportunity? / Girls Always Want Something More / How Much Do You Love Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.