Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. (33397 Views)

8 Categories Of Ladies That May End Up Becoming The Second Wife Of A Man / I Just Lost My Fiancee To A Bad Prank Gone Wrong...women Are Selfish / Pretty Model Commits Suicide Because Of Bad Marriage (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by cutebobo(m): 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nowadays many people will come out shouting that 'my marriage is this my marriage is that' shortly after their marriage and you keep wondering what happened. I think I have some of the reasons.

Handsomeness or Beauty
This is the problem of some Nigeria girls but the guys are not also exempted. They are like, 'if I want to get marry, I will a tall guy, slim, fresh guy, dark, light, eloquent english, pink lips, big breast ( for guys),. Its good to have the image of want you for your life but I must tell you, few years after wedding, all this beauty will fade away. Its not as if the partner will loose the beauty or handsomeness but then, you will focus your mind on important issues like feeding, taking care of children and so on than facial look.

Faulty Courting
Courting should be like a training ground or should I say where what you really want for your family life is decided before marriage but unfortunately Nigerians see it as merry time. Moving from Kfc to Shoprite. If you see something wrong in your spouse to be, correct him or her then if he/she refuses, cancel the relationship so as to avoid 'you know me like this ooo before we get marry issue'

Two parallel lines
I know of some families where the husband will be a gentle going man while the wife is really tough then you keep wondering how it happened. Issues like this also break marriages. If you are the kind of guy that does not like trouble, please don't date a troublesome lady and thinking that you can bear it now. What you can bear now my not be so years later after marriage. Love may be blind but marriage is the tool that will open it. Choose carefully my brothers and sisters.

Respect
Respect is equivalent to love. You can't tell me you love a guy you want to get married to and you can't give him the respect he deserves even if you are age mates. This is where most Nigerians ladies are missing it. Some ladies don't want to marry men older than them by few years because they don't want to be controlled by any man. A lady who does not respect you as her boyfriend will surely not respect your family and that's it.

Don't let your parent or church choose your future husband for you
I have heard of some cases where some churches will tell you to marry your church member. For what reason my fellow nairalanders? Don't ever do that because when you finally face challenges in that marriage, all they can do is advise both of you. Finally, don't let your parent dictate the tribe to marry to you. You owe your life and not your parent's life

#still your boy CUTEBOBO

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
booked space!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by daclint(m): 8:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
This land ain't for sale?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nice one op

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Mutuwa(m): 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thing about marriage is that one MUST vehemently pray before you go into it..what the Op adumbrated are just some,out of copious reasons why marriages break down irretrievably.

Remember: when a man/woman is married,trouble begins,simply because WE are MEN and THEY are WOMEN.

10 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by cutebobo(m): 8:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
Mutuwa:
Thing about marriage is that one MUST vehemently pray before you go into it..what the Op adumbrated are just some,out of copious reasons why marriages break down irretrievably.

Remember: when a man/woman is married,trouble begins,simply because WE are MEN and THEY are WOMEN.

You are right about the prayer aspect but how many of us can bodly say I am are highly spiritual. So its better talking from moral aspects too.

Oh my God! My topic on the front page again the third time.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Acidosis(m): 8:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
What is the role of the church/parent?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by cutebobo(m): 9:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
Acidosis:
What is the role of the church/parent?
To guide in choosing the right person and not choosing or dictating who to marry to you.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Acidosis(m): 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
cutebobo:

To guide in choosing the right person and not choosing or dictating who to marry to you.
okay, thanks

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Olasco93: 9:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
Truth is that 90% of people who venture into marriage know those things OP mentioned even more, but trust some human beings, they just want to do things ''In their own way,'' (mostly negative) forgetting that what is wrong can never be right and will never be...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Mutuwa(m): 7:53am On Feb 17, 2016
cutebobo:

You are right about the prayer aspect but how many of us can bodly say I am are highly spiritual. So its better talking from moral aspects too.

Any person who says he is spiritually high is a fake.
The real ones only need acknowledgment from the Almighty,than telling the world how closer to him they are.

Moral aspect to is indispensable.But what is morality in itself? What is the moral standard required towards the fortification of a successful marriage?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by siegfried99(m): 11:00am On Feb 17, 2016
Hmmm

Nice post Op
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by siegfried99(m): 11:01am On Feb 17, 2016
Hmmm cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by CharleyCharley: 11:01am On Feb 17, 2016
Sinaj, take note.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by DICKtator: 11:01am On Feb 17, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by deebsman1(m): 11:02am On Feb 17, 2016
OK..rhetoric
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by sexymoma(f): 11:02am On Feb 17, 2016
There are too many men out there for you to settle on one that doesn't make you happy..
if he s not acting right, let him know. If he s not willing to fix it, Let him go.

"The most important career choice you'll make is who you marry"

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Gistbaze: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2016
[size=20]Nigerian Army Kills More Boko Haram Insurgents and Rescue Hostages (PHOTOS)[/size]

http://bazenaija.com/re-nigerian-army-kills-more-boko-haram-insurgents-and-rescue-hostages-photos/
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by CharleyCharley: 11:04am On Feb 17, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by nikkiking(m): 11:04am On Feb 17, 2016
Wetin to do self naim be my problem angry

I neva get tym for Love.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by pussypounder(m): 11:05am On Feb 17, 2016
qqq
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by iyobs7(f): 11:05am On Feb 17, 2016
Mutuwa:

Stop with this religious bruhaha...

Marriage is about understanding and mutual respect garnished with undiluted love and trust. Are you trying to say Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and Chris Okojie and not prayer commando's?

Your assertion of prayer is inconsequential in building a loving home.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Nathe11: 11:08am On Feb 17, 2016
btw

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by ratchy: 11:08am On Feb 17, 2016
I don't agree with No 5
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Nathe11: 11:09am On Feb 17, 2016
hit like if you're here just to read comments

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Paulasexy(f): 11:09am On Feb 17, 2016
marriage cannot be predicted, it is individualistic

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by orlarbissy(f): 11:11am On Feb 17, 2016
Nice one @ OP
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by poundlander: 11:11am On Feb 17, 2016
respect
Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by ib4uakpele: 11:11am On Feb 17, 2016
YOU ARE AN OVERCOMER: If you're born again, you're an overcomer.He that is born of God overcome the world & he that is above is above all.As a born again Christian you are seated together with Christ Jesus far above principalities & powers, failure,setback,poverty,retrogress, disappointment,rulers & forces of darkness,where you reign as a king in this life with Christ Jesus. The bible says in {1 John5:5},“who is he that overcometh the world,but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God”. For you to live a life of an overcomer you have to receive Jesus Christ into your life by declaring this confession: Lord Jesus,I come to you today as a sinner & I repent of my sins,wash me clean with your blood from all sins.I receive you into my life as my Lord & Personal Saviour,take full charge of my life from today,I am born again,thank you for saving my soul. Halleluyah!.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by ebenice(m): 11:12am On Feb 17, 2016
cutebobo:
Nowadays many people will come out shouting that 'my marriage is this my marriage is that' shortly after their marriage and you keep wondering what happened. I think I have some of the reasons.

Handsomeness or Beauty
This is the problem of some Nigeria girls but the guys are not also exempted. They are like, 'if I want to get marry, I will a tall guy, slim, fresh guy, dark, light, eloquent english, pink lips, big breast ( for guys),. Its good to have the image of want you for your life but I must tell you, few years after wedding, all this beauty will fade away. Its not as if the partner will loose the beauty or handsomeness but then, you will focus your mind on important issues like feeding, taking care of children and so on than facial look.

Faulty Courting
Courting should be like a training ground or should I say where what you really want for your family life is decided before marriage but unfortunately Nigerians see it as merry time. Moving from Kfc to Shoprite. If you see something wrong in your spouse to be, correct him or her then if he/she refuses, cancel the relationship so as to avoid 'you know me like this ooo before we get marry issue'

Two parallel lines
I know of some families where the husband will be a gentle going man while the wife is really tough then you keep wondering how it happened. Issues like this also break marriages. If you are the kind of guy that does not like trouble, please don't date a troublesome lady and thinking that you can bear it now. What you can bear now my not be so years later after marriage. Love may be blind but marriage is the tool that will open it. Choose carefully my brothers and sisters.

Respect
Respect is equivalent to love. You can't tell me you love a guy you want to get married to and you can't give him the respect he deserves even if you are age mates. This is where most Nigerians ladies are missing it. Some ladies don't want to marry men older than them by few years because they don't want to be controlled by any man. A lady who does not respect you as her boyfriend will surely not respect your family and that's it.

Don't let your parent or church choose your future husband for you
I have heard of some cases where some churches will tell you to marry your church member. For what reason my fellow nairalanders? Don't ever do that because when you finally face challenges in that marriage, all they can do is advise both of you. Finally, don't let your parent dictate the tribe to marry to you. You owe your life and not your parent's life

#still your boy CUTEBOBO

as much as I admire your write up ...I think it all base on your own personal intuition ...everyone has their own personal views towards marriage

your last point though, the place of parent in choosing life partner cant be relegated either ..they can advice and tell from experience but a child may be blinded by the afore mentioned points but may need help of the parent as eye opener...but although not all parents are mothers and real dad if u know what I mean.. put God first though

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You May End-up In A Bad Marriage. by Adonis3: 11:12am On Feb 17, 2016
for me, The heart gets to me first

Ion think I've ever dated any girl coz of beauty

Though good but it isn't a determinant

Women age faster than men

So when she begins to age

Her character is what's left!

#Adonis3HasSopkenAgain

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Your Ex Is More Available Than Your Incumbent / Ladies, Learn To Respect Yourself If You Want Him To Worship You Forever / Quiet Reserved Guys VS Loud Outgoing Guys, Your Pick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.