Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. (12954 Views)

Policeman Returns Woman's Purse With N200million / Fayemi, Sumaila And Some Other Entourage Of Buhari Take A Street Pix In US / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 09, 2013
malc619:

Hehehe

Mumus like you never disappoint... Lol

grin grin grin

I demand apologies from you. You are basically not probably educated on emotional management, and I am not sure you attended the first year in any University, Fallacy - Ad Hominem comes to mind when reading posts from neanderthals like you.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
You badt gan ooooo hehehehehehhehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehehe thumbs up hehehehehehhe infact you deserve a presidentoial hug heheheheheheheheh
malc619:

When you spank a lady child with the left hand, you use the right hand to draw her close. I'm sure she burst into tears after my response to her senseless post so kissing her to cool her temper isn't a bad idea in my opinion...

grin grin grin
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by kstyle2(m): 10:33am On Aug 09, 2013
R dose students?y dem com kip face lyk d pple wey kill Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 10:37am On Aug 09, 2013
Danhumprey: Good one from Gov.Fayemi. And I hope that politics is not involve in this!

On the hand,I think,instead of sending our youth abroad of further their studies,we should strive to build world class universities in Nigeria,that would be the envy of the advanced countries. We can do it! We have the resources. It's just a lack of political will.

Instead of sending them abroad,thereby,transferring our money in the form of capital flight to other countries,let's invest massively in our educational system. Afterall,Harvard,Oxford.Cambridge,et al,didn't just became world class universities like that! It was the consistent investment by their governments in them that make them a preferred citadels of learning today!

Bottomline: with determination and political will,we can have a world class university that can compete with the likes of Harvard,Oxford,et al.

I back your clamour for the establishment of world class institutions of higher learning that can rival the best in the World but we need to situate issues properly in relation to what is being discussed. No State is able to send students to Oxford, Harvard et al and bypass the strict admission criteria these Universities uses to ensure they remain elite congregation grounds of the finest scholarly minds from all corners of the World.

These students, of their own freewill, applied to Harvard, Oxford et al for admission and got it on merit. Fayemi is helping them financially to ensure they achieve their dream. Imagine if the many multimillionaires connected to politics and governance sponsors one or two promising Nigerian students to obtain the finest education available? I personally find this a laudable philanthropic effort that should inspire us all.

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by malc619(m): 10:38am On Aug 09, 2013
Billyonaire:

I demand apologies from you. You are basically not probably educated on emotional management, and I am not sure you attended the first year in any University, Fallacy - Ad Hominem comes to mind when reading posts from neanderthals like you.

Actually I was supposed to attack your post and not your person, but I remembered that the foolish thoughts expressed in your post came from your empty head hence addressing the root cause of the senselessness in the post is in order.

Cheers bro...

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by owolabifunke14(f): 10:38am On Aug 09, 2013
I am disappointed. Why abroad? The money he is going to spend on those students should be enough to put many facilities on ground in the state owned universities and polytechnics. This is not a good move and should be condemned in totality by any reasonable Nigerian. We are the cause of our problems. Fayemi should get his priorities right or give up trying. I hate lip service

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by malc619(m): 10:41am On Aug 09, 2013
k.style:
R dose students?y dem com kip face lyk d pple wey kill Jesus?
They're post-graduates students. Schooling in Havard and Oxford na serious matter, no time to "sun teeth" for foto....

grin grin grin
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2013
aieromon: Its so ironic that these people will never come back to Ekiti or Nigeria to give back their services.

They gone for good!
Hmmmm. not really. Only the ones with Science, tech, engineering and maths (STEM) degrees have a chance of staying back.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by gbenga123: 10:44am On Aug 09, 2013
temiosunrinde: Someone indirectly called you a fool as old as you are and all you could do is to blow kisses?wowwww grin

Is dat hw u resolve fight between two people??

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by naijaboyof4life(m): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2013
malc619: How these fine girls take read and get 1st class... Na wa oooo!!!

Its obvious they're virgins!!!

grin grin

And is that a problem?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by mediachirps(m): 10:52am On Aug 09, 2013
good of him, I guess he's playing to the gallery. but, most we fall prey to foreign things all the time? can't we have those types of institutions and universities here? when will they come to Nigeria to study as well? no wonder companies and industries in Nigeria so much value certificates obtained abroad. we the masses are even the problems we let the politicians to push us to the walls with their cheap offers to buy our minds. one day, they will come and ask you " how much does your soul worth" and we all will troop in cause " minds controlling offers " is involved. POVERTY OF THE MIND IS WORSTER THAN POVERTY OF THE POCKET.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Delafruita(m): 10:52am On Aug 09, 2013
Billyonaire: The State Government is given billions of Naira every 4 weeks to manage the State, no one needs Governors mmoney, and from which purse did he get the money to sponsor 6 people abroad ? The same purse that the Federal Allocation ends up ? How can a Governor send people abroad, when state allocation of just 4 weeks is enough to transform any state university to harvard and other Ivy League schools.

It is a shame that we still have egg-heads as Governors who promote foreign studies and leave our schools to rotten. Little wonder they send all their kids abroad while we the 99% study in our universities.

Fayemi is not qualified to be a governor for this singular principle. Kudos to those 6 people who are 'lucky' to benefit from Federal Allocation from Fayemi's purse.
ekiti state receives less than 2billion monthly of which salaries eat up the chunk of it.compare than to akwa-ibom that receives about 18billion monthly and then decide which governor is not qualified to be a governor
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2013
owolabifunke14: I am disappointed. Why abroad? The money he is going to spend on those students should be enough to put many facilities on ground in the state owned universities and polytechnics. This is not a good move and should be condemned in totality by any reasonable Nigerian. We are the cause of our problems. Fayemi should get his priorities right or give up trying. I hate lip service
you spoke well my lady
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 09, 2013
malc619:

Actually I was supposed to attack your post and not your person, but I remembered that the foolish thoughts expressed in your post came from your empty head hence addressing the root cause of the senselessness in the post is in order.

Cheers bro...

grin grin
The recent survey carried out on Nairaland indicated the demographic that's prevalent on the forum. I need to advise you to learn to respect others opinion in life and steer off Billyonaire's path. It will do you some good if you respect me and my political opinions. I decided to not look down on persona-non-grata like you because I see your depilatory dilapidations occasioned by poverty and lack, but it occurs to me that one can not befriend a pig, lest one gets dragged into mud, which is a comfortable habitat of pigs. I wont join you in the mud, for exchange words with you is dancing Azonto in the heavens of pigs.

Fayemi of Ekiti State receives average of 13.8 billion naira every 4 weeks from Abuja, and your sorry a.s.s jubilate when he sends 6 persons to foreign university to study ? I pity you mentally poor elements.

We are talking approximately 3.5 billion naira entering Governors office every 7 days ( a week). I weep for many of you.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by orgasticdance: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2013
luvmijeje: I'm not impress, he was only playing to gallery.
I agree. A leader should be sensitive about these things. In an environment with a broken educational system, yet you flaunt the fact ur sending 6 kids abroad.( if they are that good why didnt they get scholarships from those places?? Schools go out of their way to recruit top talent) . Fayemi is only maintaining the brain drain order, exporting our best and brightest minds who will invariably never come back to contribute, and u expect the rest of us to be thankful undecided typical naija big man wit no sense undecided
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Blessmira: 10:59am On Aug 09, 2013
luvmijeje: I'm not impress, he was only playing to gallery.[/qu[quote author=luvmijeje]I'm not impress, he was only playing to gallery.

U better appreciate wat he has done cos some governors cant even play 2 d gallery like him, rather they prefer enriching themselves. Mor power 2 his elbow!
Lucky students tho! Am happy 4 them cheesy.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 09, 2013
Delafruita:
ekiti state receives less than 2billion monthly of which salaries eat up the chunk of it.compare than to akwa-ibom that receives about 18billion monthly and then decide which governor is not qualified to be a governor

Wrong! Ekiti receives average of 13.8 billion naira monthly and has 16 LGAs, we have Oil and Non-Oil Allocations sharing. The 2 billion is non-oil share.

Let Fayemi use Government allocation to build State Universities for Ekiti people. I do not need their money, I am only advising. If Ekiti people decide to play sheep while the Governor mortgages their future, then so be it. Remember, oil can always dry up or lose value due to shale oil discovery and cracking distillation technologies and by then there will be no money to share and Ekiti will become Somalia.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by toluxe0075: 11:04am On Aug 09, 2013
I see!! Pls where is d source of dis news? Did i just read from his own purse, dis is hilarious, well dis means trouble 4 d local government because they wil b d one to pay him back just as he as done in some of his previous project, no wonder chairmanship election has not been conducted till now, with only caretakers appointed who will all have obey d oga at d top therefore they won't be able to challenge him ...well d local government officials in ekiti understand what i'm passin across, all this are just public political stunt in which d local government would get hurt..sponsoring d scholarship isn't bad, but those to pay 4 d expenses is d issue, because he is claiming he's going to pay 4rm his own purse whereas it is d other way round, well i don't care what reply i get, i'm just making my opinion known...f

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Originalsly: 11:13am On Aug 09, 2013
Brain drain? ... After investing so much would/do these hmmm....lucky brilliant students ever return to live and work and share their knowledge or skills? I do believe that we should always have students attending these top universities which are the pacesetters of the world. But at the same time we should be leaving no stone unturned to keep closing the gap between standards of theirs and ours. After all, how can the returnee practice what he learned if the equipment at the facility is outdated?...and so is the knowledge of his supporting staff? Let's hope that these lucky few return and share their skills.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 11:13am On Aug 09, 2013
aieromon: Its so ironic that these people will never come back to Ekiti or Nigeria to give back their services.

They gone for good!

Times are changing. Some of these guys, with the finest educational training behind them, can actually do great things in a Nation still full of wonderful opportunities and vastly underutilising her potentials.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Joeblis(m): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2013
malc619:

Cheers bro...

grin grin
guy seriously how old are you?40?,55? or 60?..even my dog will do better than this.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 09, 2013
hehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin......i see grown men nd women woh....abi i no dey see well wink wink wink
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by owolabifunke14(f): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2013
Gbawe:

Times are changing. Some of these guys, with the finest educational training behind them, can actually do great things in a Nation still full of wonderful opportunities and vastly underutilising her potentials.
Why abroad?
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 09, 2013
they are nt young...em nt impress..
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by obowunmi(m): 11:51am On Aug 09, 2013
They better find wives and husbands abroad and stay there.

Nigeria doesn't deserve thier brilliance. Find people to file citizenship papers for you and stay there. Good luck guys.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Olaone1: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2013
Gbawe:

I back your clamour for the establishment of world class institutions of higher learning that can rival the best in the World but we need to situate issues properly in relation to what is being discussed. No State is able to send students to Oxford, Harvard et al and bypass the strict admission criteria these Universities uses to ensure they remain elite congregation grounds of the finest scholarly minds from all corners of the World.

These students, of their own freewill, applied to Harvard, Oxford et al for admission and got it on merit. Fayemi is helping them financially to ensure they achieve their dream. [size=23pt]Imagine if the many multimillionaires connected to politics and governance sponsors one or two promising Nigerian students to obtain the finest education available? I personally find this a laudable philanthropic effort that should inspire us all.[/size]
Maybe you need to tell us why Fayemi wasn't this philanthropic before he became Ekiti governor. undecided undecided undecided

We aren't fools.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by malc619(m): 11:57am On Aug 09, 2013
Joeblis: guy seriously how old are you?40?,55? or 60?..even my dog will do better than this.

Says a fool with the IQ of a tadpole...

grin grin grin
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by abiodunawe: 11:58am On Aug 09, 2013
Dis guy shld really b credited 4 dis act of generosity. Although it might be in a bid 2 get re-elected, I c a man dat is concerned abt d wellbeing of d leaders of 2mao.I might b soundin lyk a politician which I'm not, I also credit dis man 4 d dualisation of roads, streetlights and beautification of Ekiti. Kudos mehnn!!!
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by malc619(m): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2013
Billyonaire: The recent survey carried out on Nairaland indicated the demographic that's prevalent on the forum. I need to advise you to learn to respect others opinion in life and steer off Billyonaire's path. It will do you some good if you respect me and my political opinions. I decided to not look down on persona-non-grata like you because I see your depilatory dilapidations occasioned by poverty and lack, but it occurs to me that one can not befriend a pig, lest one gets dragged into mud, which is a comfortable habitat of pigs. I wont join you in the mud, for exchange words with you is dancing Azonto in the heavens of pigs.

Fayemi of Ekiti State receives average of 13.8 billion naira every 4 weeks from Abuja, and your sorry a.s.s jubilate when he sends 6 persons to foreign university to study ? I pity you mentally poor elements.

We are talking approximately 3.5 billion naira entering Governors office every 7 days ( a week). I weep for many of you.

More foolish thrash being spewed from your gutter.. Lol

Oya tell me more...

grin grin
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by malc619(m): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ola one:
Maybe you need to tell us why Fayemi wasn't this philanthropic before he became Ekiti governor. undecided undecided undecided

We aren't fools.

What if he wasn't a philantropist before he became a governor?? Does that take away the fact that this gesture of his is commendable??
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
The Gov's salary under normal circumstances cannot foot the bill of the 6 'scholars'. So how will he sustain them if he is not stealing govt funds? This is justa childish politics he is playing. APC will ruin Nigeria if given the chance.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pedagogue: Congrats to the awardees...I've been there, so i know how it feels!

That aside,can we please remind our 'leaders' that ASUU is still on strike!!!

Awarding scholarship to deserving students did not just start today.It was d 'in thing' in d 60s,70s and 80s! D primary reason for this was to send deserving students to the best universities in the world- in order to have them contribute to nation building!!!

But is this practice still of any practical significance in Nigeria of today?In today's Nigeria,man power is not a problem...In particular, Ekiti state probably has more Oxford,Cambridge and Harvard trained graduates than some African countries!!! So,in all honesty,I do not see any benefit that this will bring to the sate!!! Out of the 6 awardees, only 1 of them will be studying mechanical engineering...the rest will be studying law,business and leadership programmes!
In each of these courses, I can bet that Ekiti state has produced more than 60 graduates from Harvard,Oxford and Cambridge!!! So, what are we talking about here? It would have been a different case if Its a South South or Northern State!

D main problem in Nigeria today is UNEMPLOYMENT! iOr Mr.Fayemi does not know that there are thousands of jobless degree and masters holders in Ado Ekiti and its environs?

Well, Mr. Fayemi is a 'sharp' man...he said they will be sponsored from his purse!!! So, he can't be questioned!

Absolutely fully agree with you. I may not be from Ekiti but certainly recognise this problem that is now oh so common. If only all the money and time spent on getting people abroad is spent redeveloping the educational sector and providing jobs. If only.

Oil and money have put us in this cocoon of false security. Our leaders are too idiotic to realise that without education and a good health sector, the cocoon will break when the oil runs out. When education and health are well established, everything else falls into place one by one. This realisation was impressed well on our founding leaders in the 60s to 70s but since the mid-80s things have continually gotten terrible. They steal the money meant for our schools and hospitals only to use it to send their loved ones abroad for the same. When will it change? Will it ever?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Electoral Act: Buhari, Osinbajo, Govs, Others May Not Vote At APC Primaries / Tanker Explodes In Abuja, Kills Two, Destroys 29 Buildings / Nigerian Army Takes Journalists On North-East Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.