Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. (12956 Views)

Policeman Returns Woman's Purse With N200million / Fayemi, Sumaila And Some Other Entourage Of Buhari Take A Street Pix In US / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by WANICEDUDE: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
anonimi:

You should lead the way by showing us where Dr. Fayemi's PUBLIC asset declaration is as well as his personal income tax declaration for the three years he has been governor.
Then and only then will we know that you are SERIOUS!
Abi na only the fedeeral government get PUBLIC SERVANTS
abi o diz man don tire us for eli ekiti. No new road except d one opposite first bank. Plz letz start telling d poor ekiti masses nt to vote for him. His plan is to rig d election by giving dem 5000tm naira as he has done during ojudu/fayose senate election acn won by giving d poor masses money. Wgm who am i to blame d masses when he has decided to make dem poor like church rat. Any oppourtunity to get money dey accept it. Acn was in control during d election. U vote dem dey gve u money. Fayemi has done nothing. He must be voted out. Money wnt do it again. I pray we learn our lesson in ekiti by voting him out.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by olaplus170(m): 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
So sad to hear some NLers spew trash form their rotten cavity, while some of their fathers cannot afford to pay for their o'level form not to talk of their neigbours child.. Thumbs up to Gov. Fayemi
Haterz, u can hug d nxt transformer

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by WANICEDUDE: 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
olaplus170: So sad to hear some NLers spew trash form their rotten cavity, while some of their fathers cannot afford to pay for their o'level form not to talk of their neigbours child.. Thumbs up to Gov. Fayemi
Haterz, u can hug d nxt transformer
diz one too na member of fayemis cabinet o. Oloso cabinet. U wan ruin ekiti. Na lie a ni gba o.by d way just passing by o. Okada make we dey go

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by doncaster(m): 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
Gbawe:

These students, of their own freewill, applied to Harvard, Oxford et al for admission and got it on merit.
which means they have the financial power to take care of themselves. Why give scholarship to somebody that can afford it.

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by GeauxTiger: 4:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
luvmijeje:
Gbawe, it's an indictment on him as a governor. Why can't we have an havard like school in Nigeria? Six out of thousands of youths when he has the resources at its disposal. He can do better with our money not his own.

It's funny how you (& many others on this board) blame Fayemi for not having a school like Harvard in his state. The fact is that Harvard has been in existence more than three hundred years before Nigeria became independent, not to talk of Ekiti State. Secondly, Harvard has an endowment of over $30 BILLION (and that's money the sit on, yielding interest for the school). That translates to roughly 4.5 trillion Naira. When you factor in Harvard's tuition revenue of roughly $661,500,000 or 100 BILLION NAIRA EACH YEAR (assuming 75% of Harvard's 21,000 students pay tuition at the rate of $42,000 or 6.5 million Naira per year). Also, Harvard also makes hundreds on millions of dollars from payments from the several startupsthat have their origins in the school.
Now, compare this to the entire Ekiti State which makes about 168 BILLION (14*12) annually. Considering that that amount is for the entire state's, including allocation to all 16 local governments, tens of thousands of state employees, school teachers, health professionals; capital infrastructural developments including road constructions, health care delivery, etc. If we are being sincere, we would realize that Fayemi does not have the resources to establish or sustain a school like Harvard or Princeton or even Ohio State University for that matter in Ekiti State.
That being said, I agree that the Government has to do more, not only for education, but across all sectors in the country.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Shine1177: 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
Leaders of tomorrow. Kudos!
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by anonimi: 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2013
BetaThings:
They are fraudsters and PDP people are saints

Please point out where I said on this thread or elsewhere that "PDP people are saints".
Thanks in advance for obliging.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by anonimi: 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
doncaster: which means they have the financial power to take care of themselves. Why give scholarship to somebody that can afford it.

Abi o, make we ask dem. Maybe Oga Gbawe go fit get correct answer.
I did not even look at the publicity stunt from this angle.
Thanks for pointing that out and have a nice weekend.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by gramci: 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
malc619: 53 years after independence our best University isn't among the best 1000 in the world, yet an OLODO want Fayemi to build a University like Havard in Ekiti in less than 3 years..

grin grin grin

is that not you people expect from President GEJ.

shameless hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by anonimi: 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
WANICEDUDE: abi o diz man don tire us for eli ekiti. No new road except d one opposite first bank. Plz letz start telling d poor ekiti masses nt to vote for him. His plan is to rig d election by giving dem 5000tm naira as he has done during ojudu/fayose senate election acn won by giving d poor masses money. Wgm who am i to blame d masses when he has decided to make dem poor like church rat. Any oppourtunity to get money dey accept it. Acn was in control during d election. U vote dem dey gve u money. Fayemi has done nothing. He must be voted out. Money wnt do it again. I pray we learn our lesson in ekiti by voting him out.

That was what the Northern Peoples Congress, NPC was doing for their people telling them western education is not good i.e. Boko Haram while Awo was lifting the south westerners out of mass poverty through free education.
The Emirs and elite northern politicians had no qualms breeding millions of talakawas and almajiris.

Maybe that is why ACN is so comfortable with such demeaning policy and practice that continues to breed millions of area boys and has teemed up with NPC's offspring the Arewa Peoples Congress, APC.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by doncaster(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
WANICEDUDE: Gbawe na d commissoner for commerce for ekiti. His fullname na otunba reim bodunrin. e
o dear, I use to think that Gbawe is my neighbour here for Eliza country. Gbawe is busted. So you are part of the system that is doing this to your people. God is watching in 3d

https://www.facebook.com/otunbareim.bodunrin?ref=ts Is this you?
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
It is fascinating that nowadays women are topping the men's in academia this days, this remembers me of mydays in the university, from my year1 to 5, ladies are usualy the best graduating student showing that the posibility that a woman rulling this country is feasible.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by alveene(m): 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
homesteady: Look at the old men and women that got the scholarshipgringringrin LOL
Good one fayemi!
still wondering how old those men must be...
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
doncaster: which means they have the financial power to take care of themselves. Why give scholarship to somebody that can afford it.

With all due respect, I think most posters will be aware that post-graduate education for the very small number of highly brilliant students is not about 'affordability' alone. If you make outstanding grades it is perfectly normal, even if unable to afford studying there, to apply to the world's top citadels of education.

Once admission is secured, then the prospective student can seek financial assistance which would naturally be more forthcoming because of a secured admission slot. This is what these ambitious students did. Naturally, if Fayemi did not help then they would consider a plan B - whatever that is.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
doncaster: o dear, I use to think that Gbawe is my neighbour here for Eliza country. Gbawe is busted. So you are part of the system that is doing this to your people. God is watching in 3d

https://www.facebook.com/otunbareim.bodunrin?ref=ts Is this you?

Yes that is me. Any problem?

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by anonimi: 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
Gbawe:

Good to know.
I actually thought you were Aregberascal's image laundrer on NL apart from other sundry duties.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by DTaj: 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
luvmijeje: I'm not impress, he was only playing to gallery.

Are you a mind reader? I know that our past experience might have influenced your comment, but let's encourage the Governor for even contemplating this! Not every poltician is a rogue! And this is no PDP- APC matter. Committed politicians exist...
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
DTaj:

Are you a mind reader? I know that our past experience might have influenced your comment, but let's encourage the Governor for even contemplating this! Not every poltician is a rogue! And this is no PDP- APC matter. Committed politicians exist...

Indeed. Even moving beyond politics, this is the sort of help all of us, by the grace of God, may be in a position to render to other Nigerians now or in future. I think, to an extent, things could be much better for the nation if the wealthy were not so mean-spirited, uncharitable and apathetic to the plight of others.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by bokohalal(m): 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
GeauxTiger:

It's funny how you (& many others on this board) blame Fayemi for not having a school like Harvard in his state. The fact is that Harvard has been in existence more than three hundred years before Nigeria became independent, not to talk of Ekiti State. Secondly, Harvard has an endowment of over $30 BILLION (and that's money the sit on, yielding interest for the school). That translates to roughly 4.5 trillion Naira. When you factor in Harvard's tuition revenue of roughly $661,500,000 or 100 BILLION NAIRA EACH YEAR (assuming 75% of Harvard's 21,000 students pay tuition at the rate of $42,000 or 6.5 million Naira per year). Also, Harvard also makes hundreds on millions of dollars from payments from the several startupsthat have their origins in the school.
Now, compare this to the entire Ekiti State which makes about 168 BILLION (14*12) annually. Considering that that amount is for the entire state's, including allocation to all 16 local governments, tens of thousands of state employees, school teachers, health professionals; capital infrastructural developments including road constructions, health care delivery, etc. If we are being sincere, we would realize that Fayemi does not have the resources to establish or sustain a school like Harvard or Princeton or even Ohio State University for that matter in Ekiti State.
That being said, I agree that the Government has to do more, not only for education, but across all sectors in the country.

So,lets not build anymore educational institutions . My good friend,Harvard was once a year old university.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by mbulela: 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
yunglykmine: I understand him.. All na publicity stunt for next Ekiti election. I dey watch.
I am actually wondering when Fayemi became this rich.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by doncaster(m): 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
Gbawe:

no problem at all, only that you claimed to leave in UK how come you are a commissioner in ekiti again or is the guy that said so not being truthful
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
I can NEVER regret being omo Ekiti.
I just love my people too much.....they sabi education sha cool
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
Emzybrown: It is fascinating that nowadays women are topping the men's in academia this days, this remembers me of mydays in the university, from my year1 to 5, ladies are usualy the best graduating student showing that the posibility that a woman rulling this country is feasible.

It's happening EVERYWHERE.
Check the stats for many academic institution, women are leading. We shall rock this world cool
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
doncaster: no problem at all, only that you claimed to leave in UK how come you are a commissioner in ekiti again or is the guy that said so not being truthful

I run my Ekiti duties from London. Fayemi has no problem with that. Do you?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2013
Gbawe:

I run my Ekiti duties from London. Fayemi has no problem with that. Do you?

You're also from Ekiti? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by WANICEDUDE: 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
doncaster: no problem at all, only that you claimed to leave in UK how come you are a commissioner in ekiti again or is the guy that said so not being truthful
gbawe is a fat man living fat on d peoples money. God don catch u
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 7:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

You're also from Ekiti? shocked shocked shocked

I am just clowning around with my paranoid brothers. If they say I must be on Fayemi's payroll because I commend the governor, why ruin their fun? In reality, I am an honorary citizen of every Yoruba State. A Yorubalitan if you like cool cool
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
Gbawe:

I am just clowning around with my paranoid brothers. If they say I must be on Fayemi's payroll because I commend the governor, why ruin their fun? I am an honorary citizen of every Yoruba State. A Yorubalitan if you like cool cool

And that's all I needed to hear. wink
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by WANICEDUDE: 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
Gbawe:

I am just clowning around with my paranoid brothers. If they say I must be on Fayemi's payroll because I commend the governor, why ruin their fun? In reality, I am an honorary citizen of every Yoruba State. A Yorubalitan if you like cool cool
reim u are a pathological liar.u knw ur position in d gov. Tell fayemi d handwriting is on d wall
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Vansnickers: 7:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
owolabifunke14: I am disappointed. Why abroad? The money he is going to spend on those students should be enough to put many facilities on ground in the state owned universities and polytechnics. This is not a good move and should be condemned in totality by any reasonable Nigerian. We are the cause of our problems. Fayemi should get his priorities right or give up trying. I hate lip service

Grow up! What do you mean by "why abroad "?! Don't let your envy and jealousy blind your Logic. These students were accepted into these schools and due to the large cost of fees could not afford Tuition. Fayemi out of his own generosity decided to fund these students.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

And that's all I needed to hear. wink

By the way, I was going to ask what makes Ekiti folks so charming? Many I have met seem to have this old world charm that is now essentially lost today in Nigeria. Really charming people. Along with Calabar folks too.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
Gbawe:

By the way, I was going to ask what makes Ekiti folks so charming? Many I have met seem to have this old world charm that is now essentially lost today in Nigeria. Really charming people. Along with Calabar folks too.

Thank you grin grin grin
We just are....everyone that knows me says the same thing, let me not toot my own horn tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Reveals Mtn’s N300bn Proposal As Settlement For Fine / FG Withdraws Charges Against Supreme Court Registrar, Others Over N2.2bn Fraud / PMB's Invitation To White House Proof Of Good US-Nigeria Relations- Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.