Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. (12955 Views)

Policeman Returns Woman's Purse With N200million / Fayemi, Sumaila And Some Other Entourage Of Buhari Take A Street Pix In US / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by abiodunawe: 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
owolabifunke14: I am disappointed. Why abroad? The money he is going to spend on those students should be enough to put many facilities on ground in the state owned universities and polytechnics. This is not a good move and should be condemned in totality by any reasonable Nigerian. We are the cause of our problems. Fayemi should get his priorities right or give up trying. I hate lip service

Did u not read twas frm his own purse. By the way he didn't choose d skools 4 dose guys, he only rendered finacial assitance. I believe if u're given a place 2 study abroad u will definitely go 4 it in preference to our universities even if they were 2 measure up 2 international standard. So y not rejoice wif d beneficiaries n applaud d benefactor 4 d act of generosity

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by simdam500(m): 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
not a bad step, Fayemi o.... let this be a tip of an ice berg

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Fhemmmy: 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
Nice one and good area of study as well for the students . . .

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by AceVentura: 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
luvmijeje: I'm not impress, he was only playing to gallery.

You need to beg for the scholarship too to enable you speak good english.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by bokohalal(m): 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
luvmijeje:
Gbawe, it's an indictment on him as a governor. Why can't we have an havard like school in Nigeria? Six out of thousands of youths when he has the resources at its disposal. He can do better with our money not his own.

You plagiarized my thoughts!
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by WANICEDUDE: 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
Delafruita:
ekiti state receives less than 2billion monthly of which salaries eat up the chunk of it.compare than to akwa-ibom that receives about 18billion monthly and then decide which governor is not qualified to be a governor
u aint gat any sense. He collects 4bn naira per 4week. Nd hes doing ntin dan imposing tax on us. Abeg if u no dey ekiti no dey comment.abeg Gbawe na d commissoner for commerce for ekiti. His fullname na otunba reim bodunrin. Ole na today witch hunt fayose. 2014 we go vote fayemi out. Hes a traitor in fayose nd micheal opeyemi bamidele's case. Lest i forget make doz fools in fayemi's government start to dey abuse me

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by chelseaguy: 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
Those Engineering scholars going to China fall my hands. Why China of all places? With first class, they could have gained admission to a better country and school. Besides, they're not going to China's finest like Tsinghua, Peking etc.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
this man should pay ekiti postgraduate students studying in Nigeria first! since 2011/2012!
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by ozoemeka(m): 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
Harvard and oxford

Let me go get their numbers now

Gbawe: Impressive action from Fayemi. Supporting the leaders of tomorrow.

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by deife(m): 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hhh
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by deife(m): 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
Way to go, Dr. Fayemi!
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
DanNafada:

Absolutely fully agree with you. I may not be from Ekiti but certainly recognise this problem that is now oh so common. If only all the money and time spent on getting people abroad is spent redeveloping the educational sector and providing jobs. If only.

Oil and money have put us in this cocoon of false security. Our leaders are too idiotic to realise that without education and a good health sector, the cocoon will break when the oil runs out. When education and health are well established, everything else falls into place one by one. This realisation was impressed well on our founding leaders in the 60s to 70s but since the mid-80s things have continually gotten terrible. They steal the money meant for our schools and hospitals only to use it to send their loved ones abroad for the same. When will it change? Will it ever?

You are insulting Nigerian leaders based on your own misunderstanding of what is reported here. These brilliant students gained admission abroad themselves and appealed to Fayemi for help. He has chosen to help some of them. This is commendable as a stand-alone act of philanthropy.

I don't see why Fayemi, for a private act of charity, should now be insulted and held responsible for all that is wrong with Nigeria. The point is that those who have the means should be encouraged to do more through charitable actions. No one is excusing the rot in the education sector or denying that we need to work towards hosting world-class institution of learning but those issues are not intrinsically related to this act of philanthropy from Fayemi.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
smartchoice: this man should pay ekiti postgraduate students studying in Nigeria first! since 2011/2012!
Gbawe:

You are insulting Nigerian leaders based on your own misunderstanding of what is reported here. These brilliant students gained admission abroad themselves and appealed to Fayemi for help. He has chosen to help some of them. This is commendable as a stand-alone act of philanthropy.

I don't see why Fayemi, for a private act of charity, should now be insulted and held responsible for all that is wrong with Nigeria. The point is that those who have the means should be encouraged to do more through charitable actions. No one is excusing the rot in the education sector or denying that we need to work towards hosting world-class institution of learning but those issues are not intrinsically related to this act of philanthropy from Fayemi.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by mankand(m): 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
Nigerians can't stop celebrating mediocre.

Why cant he use the money from his own purse to refurbish the University in Ekiti State or is it a crime to assist the federal government on this project for the benefit of mankind and her citizens?

I can only see this as political stunt and pure rubbish.

Criticize me if you like, one word awaiting you in advance; you are just as headless as your headless leaders

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by effulgence: 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
I doff my hat to that fellow that has a first class in History.I think this is the second Nigerian I have seen with that kind of result in that area of study. Well done mr governor!
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by karpentar: 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
which own purse.....thief. how many students did he send overseas before he became a governor?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Aromas: 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
Election campaign thingz on ground, selecting d student 4rm whr their is population in Ekiti. Why not go 2 Ijan-Ekiti, Esure-Ekiti etc?? Well good of him sha and best of luck 2 dos student.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
fayemi is playing to the gallery
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by christ4mi(f): 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Rubbish, Kano State send 600 of it indigene to study aboard, this one is sending 6 and he have the guts to show them to the media

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Ngwakwe: 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
The action of the Governor needs to be encouraged and the category of Scholars he choose is what makes me happy and hopeful.

Congregations for investing right.

If you think six is not tangible for overseas studies at a personal expense, send one outstanding student near you to a Federal University here in Nigeria.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by mrking3(m): 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ †ђξ only one that thinks †ђξ 2 mechanical and electronics Graduate going to CHINA didn't make a First class? Between, that Girl going to Harvad Law School is a Lucky star indeed! She can now boast of Attending same Harvad Law school with BARACK OBAMA!!! Wow!!!
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by anonimi: 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
kaorama: The Gov's salary under normal circumstances cannot foot the bill of the 6 'scholars'. So how will he sustain them if he is not stealing govt funds? This is justa childish politics he is playing. APC will ruin Nigeria if given the chance.

Thank you for pointing that out.
Has anyone seen Fayemi's asset declaration at inception of office
What of his annual personal income tax returns for the three years he has been a PUBLIC SERVANT?

Does anyone think it will show up LEGITIMATE assets and income that can support six scholarships to these universities abroad

Meanwhile the governor has not paid scholarship and bursary for Ekiti PG students in Nigerian universities!

https://www.nairaland.com/1390780/fayemi-please-pay-ekiti-scholarship#17322312

Must we continue to confirm what Lagbaja called us

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by anonimi: 3:29pm On Aug 09, 2013
Is it the same Dr. Fayemi described below or some other governor

geeky_babe:

Seriously, I keep wondering where people get this 'fayemi is working' crap. Its so obvious dat most people who claim to be ekiti people especially here on NL don't live in Ado, or visit frequently. Pple just get stuff from all dis online blogs and make up story, and [b]fayemi is just so good with his PR and journalists. Always put himself in d news tru cheap publicity.I was born, bred, and I live in Ado Ekiti. Besides the construction of roads, there is nothing else he is doing in ekiti. Fayemi is a wasteful governor.
I. Spending d millions to build a new govt house on top of d mountain, whereas fayose just built d present govt house not up to 5years.
2. Wastes so much money on parties, burials, and unnecesry gatherings
3. He has no originality. He copies everything from aregbe and his other APC governors
4. He's bn so inhuman to teachers, local govt workers and health workers. The teaching hospital was better b4 he came.
5. The university (EKSU) has bn goin tru a lot of stress lately because of how he cut their allocation. Imagine merging 3 universities and then claiming that there is not enof money to manage d 1 he merged them to. Whereas dis universities were all doing fine b4 he came and merged them. He is now asking students to pay money anytime they like forgetting that it takes a lot of money to run a university.
6. Removed so many allowances from the EKSU lecturers salary, all in d name of their is no money. and yet, u keep wondering where all d money is going. Where as he is harnessing money for his election campaigns.

Come to Ekiti and ask the average taxi driver, or the market woman. Nobody is ready to vote for him again. Besides, if I know my ekiti people well, we CANNOT allow anyone rule a second time. Even FAYOSE with all d love he had can't win a second time.
Fayemi feels threatened. Dats why ACN/APC is doing all dis. MOB, deserves a right to primaries. APC can't win in Ekiti in 2014. [/b]

https://www.nairaland.com/1353347/acn-lawmakers-punish-bamidele-nursing/3#16736896

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by Gbawe: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: The action of the Governor needs to be encouraged and the category of Scholars he choose is what makes me happy and hopeful.

Congregations for investing right.

If you think six is not tangible for overseas studies at a personal expense, send one outstanding student near you to a Federal University here in Nigeria.

Well-said. This is my opinion too. Your conclusion is apt also. I personally think we can help each other more with a greater degree of transferring resources from individuals/organisations with abundance of it towards those who need financial assistance to make progress. Rich Nigerians should certainly be more charitable for the degree of poverty and deprivation afflicting their fellow Nigerians.
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by WANICEDUDE: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
effulgence: I doff my hat to that fellow that has a first class in History.I think this is the second Nigerian I have seen with that kind of result in that area of study. Well done mr governor!
back in doz days in oau. U will be ashamed of speaking out dat u are a history student.first class ko flask ni. Wat has he don in ekiti dat is special. Always buying awards wth our money.fayemi is only a bench warmer at d gov office. He will soon be sent packing. Md d handwriting is on d wall
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by anonimi: 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
Are we really the mumus that Lagbaja called us

smartchoice:

He has refused to pay the State Scholarship and Bursary awards since his inception 3 years ago.
Yet he's doubled tuition fees increased taxes!
Though he promised to reduce EKSU tuition fees on his swearing in but alas the opposite is the case.
the teacher's salary increment he's also withdrawn which Segun Oni had been paying in full just like the Scholarship on merit!
He's collapsed the two state universities into one citing lack of funds. Yet he's building a private university in Ghana! While the citizens lack employment at home!
he's borrowed a record amount of 27billion naira with nothing commensurate to show for it. People say roads yes he resurfaced roads already created by Oni and Fayose!

Where is the borrowed 27 billion?
the teaching hospital is a death center! A trip to the maternity section will convince you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1353347/acn-lawmakers-punish-bamidele-nursing/3#16736970

When some of us identified, the bunch of FRAUDSTERS who have grouped together into ACN, very early for what they really are - Association of Conmen in Nigeria, those who did not understand what was going on joined their e-Propagandists to call us names. Hopefully eyes dey open small, small.

What % of Ekiti state school age children are OUT of (not attending) primary, vocational & secondary school

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by anonimi: 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
obowunmi: They better find wives and husbands abroad and stay there.

Nigeria doesn't deserve thier brilliance. Find people to file citizenship papers for you and stay there. Good luck guys.

Just like so many others before them. Some of whom were even trained in Nigeria!!!

Dr. Fayemi has simply wasted the Ekiti state people's money that he stole while trying to impress the gullible ones who hail the gift of priviledges such as this foreign scholarship rather than ask for their right to free and COMPULSORY education of ALL children in Ekiti state.
Can you imagine an employee who is owed many months of salary BUT is given some food as Sallah/Christmas gift and saying the oga is good

That is how most of us MUMUs think!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by BetaThings: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
Billyonaire: The State Government is given billions of Naira every 4 weeks to manage the State, no one needs Governors mmoney, and from which purse did he get the money to sponsor 6 people abroad ? The same purse that the Federal Allocation ends up ? How can a Governor send people abroad, when state allocation of just 4 weeks is enough to transform any state university to harvard and other Ivy League schools.

It is a shame that we still have egg-heads as Governors who promote foreign studies and leave our schools to rotten. Little wonder they send all their kids abroad while we the 99% study in our universities.

Fayemi is not qualified to be a governor for this singular principle. Kudos to those 6 people who are 'lucky' to benefit from Federal Allocation from Fayemi's purse.

Let Jonathan who made N300m by being lecturer, D Gov and Gov first explain how he made his money
He should tell us why he was set against publicising asset declaration by both him and Yaradua while he was VP
And the assets in the name of Patience, what are the details?
We also recall the case against Patience by EFCC that was scrubbed before 2011 elections

Jonathan, a former lecturer, has been in government in nearly all executive capacities since 1999
ASUU is still on strike!
So what has he done?

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/54305-patience-we-watching.html

Patience, we are watching

By Wale Fatade

May 8, 2010

Shortly after the general elections of 2007, an American organisation embarked on a capacity building initiative for the then Vice President-elect, Goodluck Jonathan. The programme comprised visits to some governmental institutions in the United States and short courses at some of the country's leading universities. But there was a domestic snag for Mr. Jonathan, the freshly minted president of Nigeria.

Patience Faka Jonathan, his wife, desperately wanted to be on the trip. Consistently, she worried her husband to take her along on the trip, but the organisers said that was impossible as there was no provision for spouses during the trip. Yet, Mrs. Jonathan continued to worry her husband while using her mobile phone to monitor his movements. She was afraid, she admitted to one of Mr. Jonathan's aides, of her husband and strange women.

'Madam, please don't worry. We are only going for seminars; there are no women accompanying us on this trip,an exasperated aide told Mrs. Jonathan. 'Please watch him for me o. I can't allow any woman to snatch him o,' she said loudly on the phone to the aide.

Exercising control

Aides and associates have reported how the new First Lady loves to be in control, how she has a strong personality, and how her husband defers to her on certain matters.

Of course, this is not strange, because contrary to popular belief, women really exercise greater power than their spouses in certain instances.

Just think of medieval wars that were fought to win women's hearts, and how former American President, Bill Clinton, campaigned that, 'for the price of one, you get two' meaning his wife, Hilary, will be an active participant in governance. The resultant failure in the inability to push the health care policy bill during that period has been attributed, in some quarters, to the meddlesomeness of Mrs. Clinton in her husband's government.

In contemporary Nigeria, a popular thinking is that perhaps, the late Umaru Yar'Adua would have received greater sympathy if not that his wife hijacked him and screened off most people from having access to her him.

Words like 'cabal' became the order of the day, with Turai Yar'Adua giving orders, even to state officials. It was also said that she nominated people into her husband's cabinet. Yet, the office of the First Lady is not recognised in the country's Constitution. A careful look at the pictures of the movement of the late president's body from Aso Rock, and the burial in Katsian, will show a woman whose face not only expressed grief, but bewilderment at a reality of life - death. Mrs. Yar'Adua seemed to be asking, 'Is it really over?'

Beyond pillow talk

There have been reports that Mrs. Jonathan's input into her husband's cabinet goes beyond pillow talk, to her also nominating people into the cabinet. But we are watching. Nigerians will remember how in August 2006, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) agents seized N104 million from one Nancy Ebere Nwosu, said to be an associate of Mrs. Jonathan. On 22 August, 2006, Justice Anwuli Chikere, of the Federal High Court, gave the commission legal backing to retain the money pending the conclusion of investigation.

On 11 September of the same year, a whopping $13.5 million was seized from Patience Jonathan herself by the agency. The investigation into these two cases are still outstanding as at this moment. Furthermore, the Council on Foreign Relations, in a report on the April 2007 elections in Bayelsa State, said that Patience Jonathan was regarded as the greediest person in Bayelsa State.

It is up to the First Lady to prove them wrong. She is not a member of this government, but a wife to the head of government, and so must learn to maintain the dignity that goes with her new office.

It was good enough that her husband acknowledged her in his acceptance speech. But it will be best if she recognises her limits and be conscious of what is decent. Again, Nigerians are watching Patience Jonathan.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Nex...e_watching.csp
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by anonimi: 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
BetaThings:

Let Jonathan who made N300m by being lecturer, D Gov and Gov first explain how he made his money
He should tell us why he was set against publicising asset declaration by both him and Yaradua while he was VP
And the assets in the name of Patience, what are the details?
We also recall the case against Patience by EFCC that was scrubbed before 2011 elections

You should lead the way by showing us where Dr. Fayemi's PUBLIC asset declaration is as well as his personal income tax declaration for the three years he has been governor.
Then and only then will we know that you are SERIOUS!
Abi na only the fedeeral government get PUBLIC SERVANTS
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by BetaThings: 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
anonimi: Are we really the mumus that Lagbaja called us

When some of us identified, the bunch of FRAUDSTERS who have grouped together into ACN, very early for what they really are - Association of Conmen in Nigeria, those who did not understand what was going on joined their e-Propagandists to call us names. Hopefully eyes dey open small, small.

What % of Ekiti state school age children are OUT of (not attending) primary, vocational & secondary school
They are fraudsters and PDP people are saints
And PDP controlled EFCC and ICPC are watching these "fraudsters"?
Can you compare Ibadan - where I went to recently - to that of today?
Who have the greatest cases before the EFCC - not PDP guys?
Who got pardon and who is doing time abroad - ex PDP govs

One of the few performing Govs - Amaechi - cannot find rest because of DPJ - Bayelsa perm sec on sabatical in Abuja
Incidentally Minister of State for Education is afflicting his state with crisis while ASUU is on strike
And Aso rock is applauding?
Re: Fayemi Sends Six Students To Study Abroad From Own Purse. by BetaThings: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
luvmijeje:
Gbawe, it's an indictment on him as a governor. Why can't we have an havard like school in Nigeria? Six out of thousands of youths when he has the resources at its disposal. He can do better with our money not his own.
The guy became gov in 2011 or 2010?
His state is not one of the richest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Takes Journalists On North-East Tour / Justin Okonoboh, Edo Speaker, Impeached / Bishop Kukah: Why Nigeria’s Governance Problem Hasn’t Been Solved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.