Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Raping One's Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Raping One's Wife? (1861 Views)

Men Who Marry Just One Wife Are Harming Themselves-muslim Cleric, Sheikh Bello. / Polyandry: One Wife, Many Husbands / Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raping One's Wife? by ogumarcus: 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
I just feel I should Ask d house if its possible to Rape one's own wife going by d fact that most women feel raped even by their own husbands. Pls. I need ur candid opinion!!!
Re: Raping One's Wife? by psucc(m): 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
The union (marriage) was that of give and take and absolute agreement but the way the Jezebels of this day are dragging that ordained union tends to make it a loose union.

Time will come when husbands will have to get a written permission from their spouse be intercourse OR ELSE MOLESTATION.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by djeezy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
It is not molestation in the eyes of the law as marriage is consent in this circumstance however in morality it can be deemed to be molestation without the woman's consent. Legally in law, you cannot charge your husband for sleeping with you without your consent.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
djeezy: It is not molestation in the eyes of the law as marriage is consent in this circumstance however in morality it can be deemed to be molestation without the woman's consent. Legally in law, you cannot charge your husband for sleeping with you without your consent.

All of that right there is bogus.

R`ape is R`ape, marriage or not. And legally, it is possible to charge your husband (or wife) for "sleeping with you without your consent". As long as the woman (or man) says NO and he/she is still being forced, it's r`ape and you can be prosecuted for it. Marriage does not give you the right nor consent to take advantage of someone.

4 Likes

Re: Raping One's Wife? by djeezy(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
Yield:

R`ape is R`ape, marriage or not. And legally, it is possible to charge your husband (or wife) for "sleeping with you without your consent". As long as the woman (or man) says NO and he/she is still be forced, it's r`ape and you can be prosecuted for it. Marriage does not give you the right nor consent to take advantage of someone.
ma'am can you please give me a judicial authority for the above?
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
djeezy: ma'am can you please give me a judicial authority for the above?

Peeped your profile ...you're in Naija ...oooh. I'm sure the laws over there are different, so maybe marital r`ape is not a crime (smh), as you've said. I was referring to the laws here. I can post info on the laws here, if you want, but since you're in Naija you might not care to know and they won't apply to you anyway.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by OmoAlata1(f): 6:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
I am praying for the day they will pass this law in Nigeria. Too many husbands are rapiing their wife and claiming it is their marital right to do so. I feel for any women this predicament

3 Likes

Re: Raping One's Wife? by psucc(m): 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
Yield:

R`ape is R`ape, marriage or not. And legally, it is possible to charge your husband (or wife) for "sleeping with you without your consent". As long as the woman (or man) says NO and he/she is still be forced, it's r`ape and you can be prosecuted for it. Marriage does not give you the right nor consent to take advantage of someone.

I pray you will have an occasion to sue you husband? For raping you.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by djeezy(m): 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
Yield:

Peeped your profile ...you're in Naija ...oooh. I'm sure the laws over there are different, so maybe marital r`ape is not a crime (smh), as you've said. I was referring to the laws here. I can post info on the laws here, if you want, but since you're in Naija you might not care to know and they won't apply to you anyway.
Well, in my jurisdiction, a husband cannot r'ape his wife. Marriage is consent anytime he wants to have sex. That's just the way it is here, the only exception is an estranged/ deserted wife, I.e when the woman is not living in the same house with the man. Let's say he went to his estranged wife's family house and had sex with her devoid of consent. Law is dynamic, that was why I took a two way approach, in your jurisdiction it may be ra'pe, it has an element of morality and we are not bound by it here, it is only persuasive here pending legislative enactment.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Mynd44: 6:41am On Aug 10, 2013
Who in the world says there is no law against it Nigeria? Why is it that people don't know the laws of their own country? Just cos your judicial system is bleed up does not mean there are no laws like that.

The same law goes for things like Bigamy where Nigerians like to lie to themselves that it does not exist when it does.

Someone said if they are separated and he goes to meet her where she is, it can be prosecuted so how is it different from them being index the same roof and estranged?

Just because the police is silly and don't know what's in the constitution does not mean we should be like them

2 Likes

Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 10, 2013
Mynd_44: Who in the world says there is no law against it Nigeria? Why is it that people don't know the laws of their own country? Just cos your judicial system is bleed up does not mean there are no laws like that.

The same law goes for things like Bigamy where Nigerians like to lie to themselves that it does not exist when it does.

Someone said if they are separated and he goes to meet her where she is, it can be prosecuted so how is it different from them being index the same roof and estranged?

Just because the police is silly and don't know what's in the constitution does not mean we should be like them
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 10, 2013
Whenever u sign ur birth certificate, you have agreed to have sex with your partner and bear children with them.
If you can no longer do any of this as often as the other party pleases then you should seek a divorce. Well if he forces himself on you the first time we can call it "rape" but continuous "raping" is not possible in marriage because u chose to stay.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by djeezy(m): 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2013
Mynd_44: Who in the world says there is no law against it Nigeria? Why is it that people don't know the laws of their own country? Just cos your judicial system is bleed up does not mean there are no laws like that.

Don't use bigamy as an example. By virtue of the criminal code, bigamy is expressly provided for as a crime but it is not practicable. If a woman sets the law in motion against her husband apropos to bigamy, and consequently he is put behind bars, what has she achieved then? Which husband to marry again? Vis'avis a man molesting his wife, there is a rationale and substratum for our jurisprudence. Similarly in this regard, marriage is consent, consent to everything sexual, cohabition etc. However she can bring up an action on assault, depending on the material injury she must have suffered. I am simply speaking from the standpoint of expediency with respect to the law.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by djeezy(m): 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
12 inches!:
Whenever u sign ur birth certificate, you have agreed to have sex with your partner and bear children with them.
If you can no longer do any of this as often as the other party pleases then you should seek a divorce. Well if he forces himself on you the first time we can call it "rape" but continuous "raping" is not possible in marriage because u chose to stay.
Hmmmmn! Quite logical, you have an argument here. You'll do well in Jurisprudence.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
Truth is even though you're both married,a man can still be charged for molestation against his wife.
Let's say for example. A husband and his wife have a bit of a misunderstanding. Knowing as we women attach emotions to se/x,understandably,the wife might not be up for love making at that moment and the husband grabs her,forces himself on her and probably adds one or two slaps if she struggles too much.
Would anyone in their right minds not call that molestation?
Molestation is real and happens even in marriages.I know a certain lady whose husband doesn't like mutual consent se/x except he inflicts pain by forcing himself on her,hearing her cry.feeling powerful and in control.treating her like a sex slave.forcing annal se/x which she abhors on her.that's the only way he can get off.what's that if not molestation?
So I think anyone who says the law doesn't apply in Nigeria is ignorant of our law.
Such a husband can be sued and be made to pay damages.and the woman can divorce him if she doesn't want to keep being treated like a piece of shyte

1 Like

Re: Raping One's Wife? by djeezy(m): 12:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
lorretta u: Truth is even though you're both married,a man can still be charged for molestation against his wife.
Let's say for example. A husband and his wife have a bit of a misunderstanding. Knowing as we women attach emotions to se/x,understandably,the wife might not be up for love making at that moment and the husband grabs her,forces himself on her and probably adds one or two slaps if she struggles too much.
Would anyone in their right minds not call that molestation?
Molestation is real and happens even in marriages.I know a certain lady whose husband doesn't like mutual consent se/x except he inflicts pain by forcing himself on her,hearing her cry.feeling powerful and in control.treating her like a sex slave.forcing annal se/x which she abhors on her.that's the only way he can get off.what's that if not molestation?
So I think anyone who says the law doesn't apply in Nigeria is ignorant of our law.
Such a husband can be sued and be made to pay damages.and the woman can divorce him if she doesn't want to keep being treated like a piece of shyte
unmarried is molestation, mere cohabiting is molestation, married, she can only sue for assault, not sexual assault.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Adaeze003(f): 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
undecided Marriage now sounds scary. So, what djeezy is saying is that marriage gives a man freedom to rape his wife? Lord have mercy! What was designed to be blissful has turned to a nightmare.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
djeezy: unmarried is molestation, mere cohabiting is molestation, married, she can only sue for assault, not sexual assault.
I didn't understand u.are u saying if a man does this to his wife she can't sue for molestation i.e intimate assault?u knw that's wrong.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by djeezy(m): 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2013
Adaeze don't be scared o. Lol, @Lorreta, I once raised this question in my jurisprudence and criminal law class and it raised an argument just like this. What I'm saying is that marriage comes with an implied consent to be ready at all times. It would be absurd to say that a husband rape-d his wife. If any sex with one's spouse would amount to rap"e, many women will always say "no" to the man thereby depriving him sexual satisfaction. But in my own opinion, a loving and caring husband will not have sex with his wife without her consent, it'll sure feel like rape' to him, that's ostensible by the way. So choose your spouse wisely.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
djeezy: Adaeze don't be scared o. Lol, @Lorreta, I once raised this question in my jurisprudence and criminal law class and it raised an argument just like this. What I'm saying is that marriage comes with an implied consent to be ready at all times. It would be absurd to say that a husband rape-d his wife. If any sex with one's spouse would amount to rap"e, many women will always say "no" to the man thereby depriving him sexual satisfaction. But in my own opinion, a loving and caring husband will not have sex with his wife without her consent, it'll sure feel like rape' to him, that's ostensible by the way. So choose your spouse wisely.
of course everyone will choose their spouses as carefully as they think is best.
But then how does one explain the cases of molestation that happen everyday?
And u said a loving husband won't do that.I agree with you.how about if the husband is no longer loving towards the wife?
Are u saying there's no law to free that woman from the claws of a sexu/ally abusive husband?
U gotta be kidding me

1 Like

Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
Moderators can you pls help take this topic to front page.so that folks like me can learn more about this.
Thanks
Re: Raping One's Wife? by djeezy(m): 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
lorretta u: of course everyone will choose their spouses as carefully as they think is best.
But then how does one explain the cases of molestation that happen everyday?
And u said a loving husband won't do that.I agree with you.how about if the husband is no longer loving towards the wife?
Are u saying there's no law to free that woman from the claws of a sexu/ally abusive husband?
U gotta be kidding me
Sweethrt, the wife always have an option of DIVORCE. As long as she's in that marriage, it's CONSENT apropos to sex. Bad law right? Lol
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
djeezy: Sweethrt, the wife always have an option of DIVORCE. As long as she's in that marriage, it's CONSENT apropos to sex. Bad law right? Lol
yea divorce and compensation for the molestation
Re: Raping One's Wife? by djeezy(m): 7:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
lorretta u: yea divorce and compensation for the molestation
It could be arranged.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
It's the forcing of undesired sexual behavior by one person upon another, wife included
Re: Raping One's Wife? by LesbianBoy(m): 11:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
djeezy: Sweethrt, the wife always have an option of DIVORCE. As long as she's in that marriage, it's CONSENT apropos to sex. Bad law right? Lol
Gidi-gbam!

Omo_Alata: I am praying for the day they will pass this law in Nigeria. Too many husbands are rapiing their wife and claiming it is their marital right to do so. I feel for any women this predicament
Ofcourse, the law is in Nigeria already BUT ITS NOT EFFECTIVE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Chidonsky: 11:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
First and foremost wat is marriage is it jst a legal union btw 2 ppl ''no" marriage union is a legal union btw 2 happy ppl wu are compactible,matured,willing,responsible and ready 2 consumate d marriage till death do dem part....dis why wonder why ladies are seeking 4 divorce is dis nt marriage sealed 4 better 4 worse....luking at d issue of sex i tink it has 2 do with physical strength,readiness and 1nce emotion at a particular time 2 decide weda thr shld b intimacy...respect shld b accorded 2 both parties as regard sex depending on d time and situation....in as much as i kick against extreme violence nd disrespute i dnt find it so appealing 2 c a wife sue is husband 2 court over sex issue is disgusting 2 me something dat can b treated btw both of dem amicably wit due consideration....is thr any marriage witot challange even d judge dat will judge d case have more challanges and ar nt problem free, u still present d case b4 dem 2 b judged despite d fact dat dey are puting on smilling faces like d most legally happy person on life wit a hidden problem unresolvable by thr legallity ....bt is painful dat some ladies literally deny thier husband sex as a 2 punish dem in dis case wat happen where is nt getting paid 4 his faithfulness...marriage is an entrance witot exit door....den wat if u divorce are u gona remain unmarried since d man is alive?...if u decide 2 b divorce hw do u cope wit sex are u gona b commiting adultery and wit wu?...strike a balance and stop all dis perversive liberty dat will lead 2...fatherless generation...divorcee generation...immoral generation....ungovernable perversive freedom...make our society a better place tnx.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 3:53am On Aug 12, 2013
djeezy: It is not molestation in the eyes of the law as marriage is consent in this circumstance however in morality it can be deemed to be molestation without the woman's consent. Legally in law, you cannot charge your husband for sleeping with you without your consent.

Yes you can angry
Re: Raping One's Wife? by djeezy(m): 4:14am On Aug 12, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Yes you can angry
In another jurisdiction. Not practicable here.
Re: Raping One's Wife? by Nobody: 4:17am On Aug 12, 2013
djeezy: In another jurisdiction. Not practicable here.

Then I pity your wife tongue

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Ladies, Can You Assist Your Boyfriend In Paying Your Bride Price? / Most Ladies On NL Are Becoming Rude, Ill Mannered And Boastful!!! / Do You Still Trust Girls??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.