Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! (1675 Views)

10 Types Of People We Meet After Church Dismissal (hilarious) / Is Obama Preparing The Way For 666? / Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 10, 2013
Atheists, christians, deists, satanists etc....

I feel hollow at the issue with Seun, Mac and MMC.....I mean, which "born again" moderator can replace MMC? How is the religion section going to be the same? Will MMC still be on nairaland as a member?

And ehem.....atheist programmers and web designers, where is the Naija atheist forum you promised?
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 10, 2013
Here too. Worse still, appointing two 'born again' christain mods. We know what this will amount to.
If MMW is not reinstated, it will only suggest that our opinions, which sustain this forum, are only relevant from a selfish angle.
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Enigma(m): 11:18am On Aug 10, 2013
My own view:

manmustwack has been very very very badly treated {And as a previous critic of manmustwack myself, I am not just taking his side}

The "owner" of the website is a most ungrateful, very small minded and extremely disrespectful person.

My own way of dealing with the situation is to severely limit my participation/contribution on the forum to the barest minimum and eventually to zero!

angry

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by turnstoner(m): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2013
Enigma: My own view:

manmustwack has been very very very badly treated {And as a previous critic of manmustwack myself, I am not just taking his side}

The "owner" of the website is a most ungrateful, very small minded and extremely disrespectful person.

My own way of dealing with the situation is to severely limit my participation/contribution on the forum to the barest minimum and eventually to zero!

angry

Me too lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 10, 2013
Reyginus: Here too. Worse still, appointing two 'born again' christain mods. We know what this will amount to.
If MMW is not reinstated, it will only suggest that our opinions, which sustain this forum, are only relevant from a selfish angle.

Well said.

I dont think Seun will reinstate MMC. However, an apology from Seun to MMC on the way he was treated would have been nice.
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 10, 2013

angry

Cant believe I am agreeing with you. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 10, 2013

manmustwack has been very very very badly treated.

angry
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Enigma(m): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2013
^^^ It is bad manners to edit my post the way you have done.

I wrote what I wrote and meant what I wrote.
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 10, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ It is bad manners to edit my post the way you have done.

Ah! My apologies.
I was only trying to express my opinion.
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Enigma(m): 11:39am On Aug 10, 2013
^^^ OK, sorry I get you now.

The way it looked was that my opinion was being modified!

smiley
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
All these nonsense woulda been easier if the sissy bothered to feature a deactivation button.
But he wouldn't! Claiming one million+...

It's high time he realise that he is not nairaland!
We, the users, are! And as such, much respect is required in treating us!
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
I've lost interest too. The forum might be anonymous and virtual but I believe most here have formed some kind of 'realationship' with other monikers especially the moderators.

To see him treated in such manner is an insult to us as members. What else can we do?

The normal 'nigerian' response is to swallow it and move on. Afterall, it's a one-man business. Unfortunately, this is the kind of attitude that has kept Nigerians in the 'suffering and smiling' state.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
I just started a thread on how I think we can react to Tunji's hypocrisy.Feel free to contribute here https://www.nairaland.com/1391649/christian-moving-train
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
musKeeto: I've lost interest too. The forum might be anonymous and virtual but I believe most here have formed some kind of 'realationship' with other monikers especially the moderators.

To see him treated in such manner is an insult to us as members. What else can we do?

The normal 'nigerian' response is to swallow it and move on. Afterall, it's a one-man business. Unfortunately, this is the kind of attitude that has kept Nigerians in the 'suffering and smiling' state.

That is why i am willing to invest in an atheist forum.
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by UyiIredia(m): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
I doubt if some who say they would keep away from the forum would do such. So far only Deep Sight has made good on that. I still think the forum would forge on well if Religion borad regulars leave because it's a part of a big pie. Naijapals comes close to being a competitor but then would you guys actually leave all your posts, friends and possible future experiences on Nairaland because of this ? I disagree with Seun's decision but unfortunately it's his power and I can't do anything about it. But what I've heard so much about this maclatunji and posted very few times in the Islam section and in a thread I 'met' him he didn't seem the guy y'all paint him to be. What am I missing ?
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by CarCam: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
Enigma:

^^^ It is bad manners to edit my post the way you have done.

Enigma:

^^^ OK, sorry I get you now.

The way it looked was that my opinion was being modified!

smiley

When quoting others I cut out what is not closely connected or appropriate to the matter that caught my eye.

I also cut out because of the smartphone moaners that whinge due to their bandwidth use limits (i.e. they complain when you repeat the quotes)

Everyone's is seeing Seun as the perpetrator and the instigator of their quarrel

Assigning the responsibility for this to Seun only is not fair

Nairaland has been running close to 10 years, so by deduction Seun must be doing something right

- An achievement like this requires great courage, skill or strength
- Seun has displayed tenacity and grim persistence
- To date Seun's success' are marked with fierce and dogged determination
- Seun is a business survival strategist
- Check out Nairaland's programming section/forum, there are enough people there with the know how to create rivalry/competition for Nairaland but no undertaking/venture have stood the test of time
- Over the years, Nairaland has made steady progress but others have "been stopped in their tracks or failed to thrive"

I have read enough support for MMW and about reinstating him or whatnot and absolutely zilch about the real culprit

Seun does not need to explain the "civil war" inference - I understand!

This is about security requirement(s) to maintain the survival of the nairaland state

Successfully running and monitoring nairaland is no small feat.

This is not beans
, some facet of nairaland are volatile and fickle.

They can change suddenly or are likely to change unexpectedly and suddenly become violent or angry over trivialities

With them, it is like walking on eggshells without cracking them

Seun's fears or actions taken for personal or family safety sake over
warnings of probable trouble, the declarations of intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury etc in retaliation for real or imagined wrongs is understandable and forgivable.

Seun in the past, has taken similar measures considered to be draconian to guard against "perceived" stability/security threat(s) and to protect nairaland's whole and undivided social structure.

Seun is no saint but needs handed a break and stopped been criticised or behaved to in an unpleasant way(s)

# PS: Still don't know why MMW did not directly pm Seun as opposed using the moderator's forum

# PS: Arnold Schwarzenegger's "I'll be back" catchphrase is to be associated with DeepSight

# PS: FOMO will get the better of DeepSight. Watch this space

1 Like

Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by UyiIredia(m): 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
^^^I've been in leadership positions and so do know leaders have the benefit of foresight which followers don't. Despite that, I disagree with the the mmw case. I do think as far as I see that it was rash. I QUITE agree with the Deep Sight ish though. Though he might actually keep to his decision to leave.
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
Uyi Na ASUU dey make you dey online 24-7 abi?.......
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by UyiIredia(m): 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
shol: Uyi Na ASUU dey make you dey online 24-7 abi?.......

I have NOT been online 24-7. In fact, I've been offline for 4 days before I resumed early this morning.
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by CarCam: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

^^^

I've been in leadership positions and so do know leaders have the benefit of foresight which followers don't.

Despite that, I disagree with the the mmw case. I do think as far as I see that it was rash.

I QUITE agree with the Deep Sight ish though. Though he might actually keep to his decision to leave.

@Uyi Iredia

Then you haven't read Ayatullah's yet and/or similar in the past like it:

by Ayatullah(m)

Time registered: April 14, 2009

Time spent online: 11 days & 19 hours

Signature: May God's mercy be on Nigeria

Re: I Dare You To Change Your Religion Or Denomination For At Least A Month by Ayatullah(m): 1:41pm

@OLUWASEUN OSEWA, I reported the abusive dialogue rigormortis' dirty and satanic mind created between a 'Muslim' and 'Muhamed', but no action was taken to sanction him.

If people like rigormortis are bereft of idea and cannot be able to withstand healthy and intellectual debate but chose to insult a noble prophet then you OLUWASEUN OSEWA who owns Nairaland should be prepared to face the anger of the Muslims, because your silence at a clear abuse of the rules you set and above all an abuse on the Noble Prophet of Islam should be borne by you.

Perhaps you think only Nigerians are visiting your Forum

There is still time to make the necessary correction or face the anger of Muslims all over the world in a way that will surprise you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1380683/dare-change-religion-denomination-least/27#17341681
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by turnstoner(m): 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
carcam my asss undecided
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by CarCam: 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2013
turnstoner:

carcam my asss undecided

@turnstoner

Which part are you disagreeing with turnstoner.

You don't understand.

MMW should have got Seun in his corner and have him hold his back before lashing out to Maclatunji.

MMW didn't and so got unceremoniously suspended by Seun.

MMW knows about "CYA" or "CMA" not your type of asss turnstoner and you better "CYOA" pronto now! grin

MMW is my homie, he works professionally and knows about "CYA" or "CMA" practices in organizations that serve to protect oneself from penalties, criticism or other punitive measures.

He let me down on this one, (i.e. not doing the "CYA" or "CMA" practice by directly pm'ing Seun)
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by turnstoner(m): 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2013
CYOA my asss undecided
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by manmustwac(m): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
I never thought my removal would get this kind of response. I will create my own topic and explain everything from my own point view later. Hopefully it would make things a lot clearer
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by CarCam: 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2013
turnstoner:

CYOA my asss undecided

@turnstoner

When you've have decided to start and set up your own internet forum, we will watch to see how you CYOA then.

Henceforward I am defollowing your comment(s)

Yes, maclatunji is now a Religion moderator albeit he might merely be temping
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by turnstoner(m): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
CarCam:

@turnstoner

When you've have decided to start and set up your own internet forum, we will watch to see how you CYOA then.

Henceforward I am defollowing you comment(s)

Yes, maclatunji is now a Religion moderator albeit he might merely be temping
#
@carcam, you sound like you are @seun's pseudonym:

you are bending overbackwards to explain matters

But unfortunately, your explanations are not helping matters!
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Gboliwe: 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
Have you guys noticed who the new moderator is? This is tummy turning! Arrrggghh!
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Bella3(f): 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
MACLATUNJI is your new mod people.

Be glad and rejoice..... gringringrin

Seriously stop hating on the guy, he only ban when Islam or muslims is/are offended. Its part of NL rules.
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
BĂ©lla3: MACLATUNJI is your new mod people.

Be glad and rejoice..... gringringrin

Seriously stop hating on the guy, he only ban when Islam or muslims is/are offended. Its part of NL rules.

Petition

https://www.nairaland.com/1392360/seun-only-listens-numbers-sign
Re: What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! by jayriginal: 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
manmustwac: I never thought my removal would get this kind of response. I will create my own topic and explain everything from my own point view later. Hopefully it would make things a lot clearer

I think you should just let the matter rest. You are human and you certainly made mistakes but I think you should take a bow after all this.

You were not paid for your services but I think that the outpouring of support from Christians is priceless. It shows you did something right. The same Christians and Atheists that barely agree on anything united in your support.

Take solace in that and let Seun be.

Dont fan the flame because it can turn against you.

Take a well deserved bow manmustwac

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is This Rumour Am Hearing About "The Lord's Chosen Church" !!! / If Jesus Was In..nigeria,which Church Would Jesus Attend? / If Adam And Eve Didnt Eat The Fruit,wont Their Children Eat It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.