Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife (1711 Views)

Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? / Daddy's 10 Rules Of Dating His Daughter / I Want To Tell My Girlfriend's Dad That Im Dating His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by chagga(m): 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
Landlord shoots tenant for dating his wife

By Emmanuel Uzodinma on August 10, 2013

A middle aged man, Waleed Oyatunde, native of Abeokuta, Ogun State, is presently recuperating from a gun shot wound after he was shot by his landlord over alleged love affair between him and the landlord’s wife.

The victim is said to be one of the many tenants of the landlord at Ketu Adie Owe area of Ado Odo/Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State.

He was reported to have moved into Mr. Latunji’s house about three years ago after he completed his youth service and got employment with an Agbara, Ogun State-based multinational company.

Sources disclosed that since Ireti, Latunde’s wife runs a canteen in Agbara, where Oyatunde works, the bachelor, always gave the landlord’s wife a ride in his car every morning.

Although he was doing this with the blessing and approval of the landlord, Latunji never knew that his wife and the tenant were already involved in amorous relationship.

Ireti is said to have been married to the landlord for six years but is yet to be blessed with the fruit of the womb.

However, trouble started in the Latunji family sometime in April, 2013 when it was reported that Oyatunde and Mrs. Latunji were dating. When news of the amorous relationship with his wife got to Mr. Latunji, he confronted his tenant with the rumour. According to neighbours, when Mr. Latunji confronted Oyatunde with the allegation that he was dating his wife, the matter almost degenerated into an exchange of fisticuffs between the landlord and his tenant until some elders in the area intervened.

From that day, it was gathered that the free ride stopped, even though the wife kept denying the allegations, to the extent of reporting the mater to her in-laws, who prevailed on her husband to put the allegations behind him.

The rumour never sieved, as the bachelor was always reportedly seen with his landlord’s wife at some hotels in parts of Lagos State, especially on weekends, but they were not so lucky on Saturday, July 20, 2013.

According to sources, Mrs. Latunji had informed her husband that she would be traveling with her friend to Ekiti State for a burial ceremony, adding that a day before that fateful Saturday, Mr. Latunji had reportedly called his wife’s friend to confirm their purported movement to Ekiti, which the woman confirmed. But it later turned out that the Ekiti trip was a hoax after all.

“The landlord’s wife left home early on Saturday morning for the purported weekend trip. Her suspicious husband hired three hoodlums to trail her movement. The three hoodlums rode on two motorcycles behind the bus the woman boarded from Lusada junction to Agbara.

“The woman also boarded another bus from Agbara to Mile 2 area of Lagos State and the ‘spies’ still rode behind the bus the woman boarded.

“Eventually, Mrs. Latunji found her way to a hotel in Surulere area in the heart of Lagos State. Mr. Oyetunde’s car was also found in the parking lot of the hotel. The hired ‘spies’ promptly informed their client on telephone of the development”, the sources added.

Burning with rage, Latunji left home and headed for the hotel in Lagos, and on getting to the hotel, he told the receptionist he was on appointment with owner of the Hyundai car parked at the lot.

A worker at the hotel told Saturday Mirror that, “When the man came that Saturday morning, he approached the boys at the reception that he wanted to see the owner of the car whose plate number he wrote for them.

“When asked to call him on his mobile phone, the man claimed that the visitor’s mobile phone was switched off. So, the boys felt that he was a genuine visitor and one of them chose to take him to the room where the visitor lodged.
“When the boy knocked on the door, the visitor came to open the door. And when he did, he was shocked to see his landlord standing right in front of the door.

“The landlord’s wife was on the bed sleeping. That was when trouble started. Mr. Latunji forced his way into the room and aimed a stool at his wife.
”But Oyatunde and the hotel attendant prevented Mr. Latunji from hitting his wife with the stool. The noise from the room soon attracted other workers of the hotel to the scene. After much persuasion, Mr. Latunji was whisked out of the hotel and he left for his house. Both Oyatunde and Ireti hurriedly left the hotel”.

It was further gathered that the woman has not shown her face back home since then.

Oyatunde met his bad day on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 when he had gone to his apartment apparently to move his belongings out of the house.

“That was the opportunity Latunji had been waiting for. Once Oyatunde opened the door to his apartment and started packing his property, Latunji burst into the apartment and engaged Oyatunde in a fight.
”The brawling men were soon separated by neighbours, only for Latunji to rush into his apartment and emerge moments later with a loaded gun. He aimed at Oyatunde’s thigh and pulled the trigger”, the source further stated.

“The landlord could have killed the man. But we thank God that did not happen,” the neighbour”, said, adding that Oyatunde was rushed to an undisclosed hospital.

The landlord has since fled his house with a 10-year-old son he had from another relationship.http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/08/10/landlord-shoots-tenant-for-dating-his-wife/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=landlord-shoots-tenant-for-dating-his-wife
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by nedu2000(m): 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
Kudos mr landlord,nice one

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Carinaflo(f): 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
Too bad.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by digitalgeorgy(m): 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
Should i say ''1st to comment''??
The landlord took laws into his hands and he's going to pay for attempted murder.
The wife has just lost her marriage and she's going to regret her action because the tenant can never marry her(dis i believe).
Tenant, na waaa 4 u ooo, women plenty for 9ja, u jst wnt to chop ur oga ooo. Its nt fair ooo. If to say landlord kill you, wetyn you for tell baba God when u reach heaven?? *dats if na heaven u go enter*
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Tolexander: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
”The brawling men were soon
separated by neighbours, only
for Latunji to rush into his
apartment and emerge moments
later with a loaded gun. He aimed
at Oyatunde’s thigh and pulled
the trigger”
, the source further
stated.
the landlord wicked o!

He wan make sure say the guy no gat anything to do with the wife again.

He aimed at the guys blockus only to hit the thigh! He wan kill am?
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Provie(m): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
Sting Operation par excellence. Nigerian police shud learn from dis "civillian" operation because for dem, d frst step in criminal investigation is arrest which now makes d suspect 2 bgin to cover his tracks & frustrate investigation.

Too bad!
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Henrypraise: 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
Naija version of JOEY GREYCO's CHEATERS. M tinkin business in dat direction m positive I will get gud market in Nigeria.

Landlord!!! U started well but y d shotin? Now u av deserted ur home. I only wish u hit d bastard hard enough to cripple him. But I hope u got tym to spare cos u gonna nid it in jail.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2013
The last thing I will do in this life is going after married women.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Enegod(m): 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
serious matter
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by MrCork: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
.....hmmmm...Nigeruian women? I GIVE UP!! angry

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Danhumprey: 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2013
Omo,see gbege! shocked Man no fit perform him sexual obligation,wife neva bellyful,tenant wan help the wife,e come become wahala! Chei! What else does the landlord expect?
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2013
yoruba women are notorious for being promiscious. No offence grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
Kudos to Landlord.

And to tink the baggar was even a bachelor. Of all women in Lag, na married woman choose to staraff. U no dey go church??

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Princesszoe: 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2013
And the landlord has a son from another woman. Hmmm! What a combination!
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Dubemkelly(m): 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
rafhell: The last thing I will do in this life is going after married women.
Only if u knew d marital status of the women....U nva can be sure buh pray it doesn't cum to u either
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by jhydebaba(m): 12:19am On Aug 11, 2013
Events like this happens daily but when they're thrown open like this, people begin to form holy holy and pretending as if they've never witnessed such or they've never done such, just like the policeman wey dey collect bribe.

I'm not surprised.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by hollandis(f): 2:11am On Aug 11, 2013
stupid super story...where is the purported gun and shots
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by MrsChima(f): 2:42am On Aug 11, 2013
This fool is going to jail for some rotten toto.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by drnoel: 7:20am On Aug 11, 2013
a lesson to be learnt here
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 11, 2013
Some boys are dogs. bleeping a lady that has put 6years in marriage.tufiakwa
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by chadef: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
if i were the landlord, i would have put margun on the woman, if the man refuse to leave my wife, two of them go die, will the law hold me for murder then. i doubt it because i no use any physical thing on them.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by xynerise: 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
This landlord is my role model. Kudos Landlord grin

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Ishilove: 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
What a story! cheesy The things men do because of women is simply unbelievable. grin
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by mekaboy(m): 6:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
Now if this story is true.

1) The guy needs to sue the hotel for intrusion of privacy. There is a protocol in every hotel which the staff should be aware of. What if the man was an assassin? You take him to your guests room?

2) How did the guy come back to the apartment to carry his stuff alone when he knows landlord is around.

3)So the landlord get gun since come dey engage the guy physically when he came to pack his stuff? Anyway he can claim he shot the guy in self defense.

And mr landlord u no fit buy car for ur wife? The moment u allow young tenant to the give ur wife lift, u don spoil everything be that.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ishilove: What a story! cheesy The things men do because of women is simply unbelievable. grin
na lie. Nobe una dey do pass?
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by sakaguchi(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
How can I overtake previous comment and hack my comment to be the first? Sexkillz, Seun, Ogugua, any clue?
Back to the story, the landlord effed up big time, he should have gone for the knee-cap, what would hitting the thigh do? Knee-cap or the ballzz would have done the trick. Now, no wife, no house, and he's on the run, and need I say that the bachelor does not need to pack as soon as possible again, the landlord is not coming back anytime soon.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant For Dating His Wife by Ishilove: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
chidindufrank: na lie. Nobe una dey do pass?
tongue

(1) (Reply)

What Could My Wife "To Be" Be Doing Now / I Realized Women Dont Just Marry Men For Their Money Most Of The Time / Can You End A loving Relationship Because Of Bad Se.x?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.