Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? (10230 Views)

Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer / Logicboy Has Been An Altar Boy At The Papal Church For 22 Years / Modern Day Christianity - An Altar To Self Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by ceeceeco: 11:13am On Aug 11, 2013
ceeceeco: I still can't fathom d reason 4 dis. 1 thin' i don't accept is havin' a pastor layin' his hand on my forehead, cos they might end up takin' ur gift or either possess u. U can neva tell, we just need 2 b careful/prayerful cos they're alot of fetish powers in churches 2day.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by anthoniosp(m): 11:14am On Aug 11, 2013
jmoore: No. You can give your life to Jesus anywhere.

One of the main reasons for altar call is to identify the "babies" in christ and plan a programme for them to grow spirtually
hmmm prayer papa !! U attend mountain of fire abi ?? Omor u dn chop samd tire b dat ooh
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Kei144(m): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2013
Jn. 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

There is a lot of confusion in Christendom and the reason can be seen in Jn 17:3. Jn 17:3 states that one can be sure of eternal life only after really knowing God and Jesus Christ. Who or what is God and who or what is Jesus Christ? Scientists and engineers have made great progress in science and technology, but people that specialize in divinity have made very little progress. That is why there is a lot of confusion in the churches. That is why the practice in the churches is quite different from Jesus, who is the Truth, the way and the life. Can anyone look at the churches and say that they are like Jesus?

Jn. 12:24 I tell you the truth, unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

Jesus death and resurrection was supposed to produce many people who are like Jesus. Where are they? That is why a great move of God is about to take place on earth. White evangelists and prophets say that Nigeria will spearhead this move of God or great end-time revival. This revival takes place during the birth pangs (Mt 8:8, Rev 12:2). There are strong indications that this revival will begin by April 2014.

http://www.unsealed.org/2013/02/tribulation-2014-2021-rapture-this-year.html

If you want to know how to be born again, download and read this ebook.

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/sons-of-god
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Linoversace: 11:17am On Aug 11, 2013
What do you call it?

Alter call abi Altar call? undecided

Wetin una dey alter? undecided

Alter Bridge?
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Clemzy16(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2013
"i don't do no alter call, i just stay where i'm standing and cry my burden to the lord"

"sometimes i wonder how many times people gets born-again"

"the pastors themselves ain't helping matters, some will try to describe you by mentioning anything possible, your lifestlye, attitude, down to the clothes you're wearing"

"...and when they try all those means possible yet nobody seems to comeout, they will give a time-ultimatum and start to preach about hell-fire. Just like magic, you'll see people start rushing out like someone is spraying out free money."

"me no dey send, i go jst stand where i dey lik nothing dey happen"

BEING BORN-AGAIN IS A THING OF THE MIND. MOST MEN OF GOD MISINTERPREAT THAT PHRASE

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by jmoore(m): 11:38am On Aug 11, 2013
anthoniosp: hmmm prayer papa !! U attend mountain of fire abi ?? Omor u dn chop samd tire b dat ooh

Nope, I am not a member of mountain of fire
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by crackhaus: 11:40am On Aug 11, 2013
There was this service I attended a while ago, the pastor to me was nothing short of a joke. He asked that every youth present who had engaged in premarital sex come forward for forgiveness. He even went so far as to add that any lady who had done an abortion come out as well (mind you, this was a big church with a large congregation).

When only very few people responded, the joker said, the holy spirit told him to tell us that anyone who refused to obey the call would have a messed up life & the ladies who had abortions before would remain barren. Imagine that!

Everyone knew more than half the youth congregation engage in premarital sex, but is that how the Lord works? I don't think so!

What the man did is what I call SPIRITUAL/RELIGIOUS BLACKMAIL and I'm sorry to say this, but that is what I've come to notice in many churches.

Regardless of it all, the joker was right on one thing - there were tons of guilty young people present in that gathering.
Why is he a joker? Because it doesn't take the holy spirit's insight for anyone to know that.

1 Like

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2013
laivwire: Im not against altar calls but Im curious about the 'you must step forward' part. Cant you give your life in your room personally? I'm a practicing born again christian but I need some clarification on this. Thanks

Actually, it's not a must you must answer an altar call before you can receive God's free gift of salvation that comes through faith in Christ Jesus alone. When a preacher is asking you to come and answer an altar call, he's trying to persuade you. He's appealing to you to take a public step of faith. Yet, even if one refuses to step forward and quietly and genuinely asks God to forgive him and receives Christ into his life, the person is as born again as the people that genuinely stepped forward and asked for the same forgiveness.

God sees our hearts. This is what every mature preacher knows.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
If the encounter was in the Church (thru Altar Call), then you have to. Being born again shouldn't be secret just has giving birth to a new child isn't. The Bible says "Come ye out from among them...and be ye separate"

It is renouncing a sinful life publicly and declaring yourself for Christ. Then your Father in heaven is proud of you, because you are not ashamed of Him.

Practically speaking, I was a better Christian when I came out eventually.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Kylexb(m): 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
altar call is for the preacher to know the new converts and for him/her to assign you to a discipler to help you grow spiritualy and sometimes people go out to confess their sins.
Anyways after you've become born anew you need to do RESTITUTION
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by bebechuks: 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
No
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by bebechuks: 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
crackhaus: There was this service I attended a while ago, the pastor to me was nothing short of a joke. He asked that every youth present who had engaged in premarital sex come forward for forgiveness. He even went so far as to add that any lady who had done an abortion come out as well (mind you, this was a big church with a large congregation).

When only very few people responded, the joker said, the holy spirit told him to tell us that anyone who refused to obey the call would have a messed up life & the ladies who had abortions before would remain barren. Imagine that!

Everyone knew more than half the youth congregation engage in premarital sex, but is that how the Lord works? I don't think so!

What the man did is what I call SPIRITUAL/RELIGIOUS BLACKMAIL and I'm sorry to say this, but that is what I've come to notice in many churches.

Regardless of it all, the joker was right on one thing - there were tons of guilty young people present in that gathering.
Why is he a joker? Because it doesn't take the holy spirit's insight for anyone to know that.
true talk.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by tankwa: 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
Once you are baptised, you are a born again. In baptism there is water and spirit

1 Like

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by kingston247: 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
I see it as a 50:50 tin..its a matter of option,if u want u can come out,u can as well still give ur life to christ while sitting down...wat matter most is ur heart.....

Christianity = live like christ
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by touchmeder: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
crackhaus: There was this service I attended a while ago, the pastor to me was nothing short of a joke. He asked that every youth present who had engaged in premarital sex come forward for forgiveness. He even went so far as to add that any lady who had done an abortion come out as well (mind you, this was a big church with a large congregation).

Now that is truly shocking but again another may argue the man of God may have been speaking from spiritual conviction. Fancy being in that congregation and you know you have had an abortion, your fiance is by your side and you have never mentioned this to him or anyone else for that matter! LOL

1 Like

Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by wellmax(m): 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
Its not compulsory, but one of the evidence of repentance is obedience. Şő if the pastor ask you Ŧo come out, please do if you really mean the repentance.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by ifebosco: 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
nigerians the most religous people on earth,but satan is better than us,wicked country.untill we change our atitude towards money and material things,untill we start valueing every living humanbeing in our country irrespective of his/her, tribe, economical situation,that country will always be like that.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Visocrate(m): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
you get born again once after that you go for renewal and revival when you backslide God will help us
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by duality(m): 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
Ibanga p: My issue is not really d altar call, my issue is; can somone really be saved by repeatin dos few lines of words by d pastor becos he was asked to? Cos pastors dis days happen to preach about prosperity and aquiring wealth thru out d sermon, and then jus ask 'who wants to give his/her life to christ' jus for d sake of it. Without first preaching abt repentance and salvation and d consequences of doin evil so as to make d hearers of d sermon take a sober reflection at their lives and feel remorse if he or she was an evil doer. My point; i doubt if there are goin to be any genuine repentant sinner coming out to say dos words nd be saved witout clear conviction jus because d pastor asked them to say so.

God bless you! for me, you are the only one who have said something meaningful. This was the point I was about to make.
Again God bless you. BTW, what church do you attend?
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by eagleeye2: 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
I am a Catholic and practicing Christain....i.e a follower of Christ...
Used to come out for alter call anytime I visit any pentecostal church.... but that is now in the past.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by idsamoo(m): 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
Its part of it bt nt compulsory! The reason y dere iss noo great conversion or change in the life of new convert iss jst datt,they confess to church bt do not genuinely confess to GOD ...
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Lilimax(f): 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
doofanc: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation Rom 10:10

I think the above portion is clear enough. Answering the alter call is demonstration of faith and it also sends a powerful message to satan that one is no longer in his camp. But it NOT a must for salvation.
you said my mind. I agree with you.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Originalsly: 2:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
You don't have to jump no pew...run down no aisle...no chills run down your spine..but you'll know you've been born again.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by bokohalal(m): 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2013
The Whiteman is using science and technology to reach heaven but the Blackman is using bible. We know who goes to the heavens and back all the time. Dey there dey quote bible. Japan just delivered supplies to the ISS.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by Soloter(m): 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
alpha conde: Pick out the odd word
baptism, repentance, born again and rigtheousness.
Answer Born again

I don't bliv in the phrase born again.

When u discover u r not living right amend ur ways and beg for forgiveness. Don't wait to be called to the altar or administered some prayers
then you aren't a Christian. in John 3:5-7; Jesus emphasized this and here you are claiming you don't believe it. the fact is you don't know what it is but this doesn't change the efficacy of the expression. Bro., YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by victorv12(m): 2:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Being born again is a scam. The Christian faith will always want to instill fear into someone that God won't forgive until is reborn. The moment you fall for the scam of being reborn, the next thing that follows is extortion and mind control. We should all wake up. Struggles and battles in life are inevitable. There are things that are bound to happen for us to be better humans which we face everyday. Poverty and oppression creates fear naturally. The moment you subject your mind to some people to control and dictate how you should think, and how your life should be, you're mentally turned into a fragile being. Those that you subject your mind to shall break and expose you! And with time, it will affect the physical. You've no secret anymore because you are being reborn. They will always break you. Wakeup!
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by nelajayi(m): 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2013
anthoniosp: yesso!!! if you want fine babes to follow u as brother in the lord !!Abi no b so ? Rcf talk na say na agrresive envangwlism grin grin grin
u don high.lol
happy sunday
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by shejane: 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
D bible made it all clear,ask d spirit 4 direction, wisdom is profitable 2 direct, if really uar a christian den u wil nt ask wada alter cal is impotant or nt,d church is der 2 hep u grow in spirit as a baby uar in d Lord.aft coming out, d pastors wil take u 2 anoda room nd teach u d tins u need 2 kw, der wil also take ur contact so der can b praying 4u nd der can contact u anytym.
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by shejane: 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
Anoda tin, dot argue d tins of d spirit, u have ur bible, bible is d best answer 2 any confusion or question u thk uav. If u can't read nd undstad ur bible, look 4 elders nd elders here ar nt elderly pple bt ordained men of God wt d Spirit pls
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by OmoPastor(m): 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
Your question is not so clear.
If you were in church when the altar call was made, I do not see the reason why you would refuse coming out.
If God minister to you while on your own, then you do not have to answer any altar call.
There are reasons for calling people out for altar call:
1. For easier monitoring and nurturing of the new converts.
2. It gives easier accountability of souls for the church.
3. It's also an open declaration of the new convert's faith.
The new life we have in Christ is not something you conceal, it must be made public and it's something you should be proud of.
Whenever you are asked to come out for altar call, your obedience is paramount.
God bless you
Re: Must You Respond To An Altar Call To Be Truly Born Again? by makizee(m): 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
Yungwizzzy: being born again is an attitude. they're people who respond to alter calls almost every crusade they attend. what are they?

Born severally !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) / Is Buying And Selling On Sunday A Sin? / Long Church Service: Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.